9 years ago today

Marvin

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The fourth goal was an explosion of joy because I knew then i could actually relax and enjoy the rest of the game/day/weekend and life basically 😎

Yeah, having watched the last 15 mins (maybe once or twice since 😜) I dont remember much of them from the day. Only think that tops this is a similar humping the other way in a final, was mildly concerned over the playing of the semi, with everything in their favour, this could possibly dilute, instead further concentration :lolderwood:

:fth:

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Feels like yesterday.

A grand day out 👍

Said Wallace and Gromit😉

I’ll give Provan his due in commentary after the 5th.  

Quite a few references to Hearts “technical”, “touch” players, players with “real ability” turning the screw as Hibs “down tools”.

How their pride, not only hurt by the score, but hurt by another team being praised for the artistic side of the game in the presence of the swashbucklers.  :rofl: FTH.  

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That went well...

B989EF94-E58A-4C9F-84C3-54F922D8EBC6.jpeg

You'll probably find that still on sale on eBay. However he's probably prepared to hand out his giro for someone to take it off him. Asking price -£51

Fxxx the SPFL

Remember going to Brauhaus one year later and big Sal that owned it put on a spread sandwiches, strawberries prosecco but we had to pretend it was live when the first goal went in we all went mental pretty surreal experience but a good laugh

9 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Screenshot_20210519-104804~2.png

The future President of the SFA who’s neutrality can never be questioned.....

indianajones
8 hours ago, Boab said:

😂

Never noticed Michael Jackson behind him till now !

This got me hahahaha

StevenNaismith

Dave the Jambo is touring the USA. Along the way, he stops off at a remote bar in the Nevada desert and chats to the bartender when he spots a Red Indian in full tribal dress seated in the corner of the bar.
"Wow!" remarks Dave. "Who's he?"
"Gee, that's the memory man," replies the bartender. "He knows everything there is to know. Got a memory like an elephant, he can remember any fact. Go and try him out!"

Dave heads over to the Red Indian, thinking that he can outsmart him with a question about Scottish football.
He asks the memory man, "Who won the 2012 Scottish cup final?"
"Hearts," came the instantaneous reply.
Dave was stunned. He tried again asking, "Who did they beat?"
"Hibs," replied the memory man.
Dave tried once more asking, "What was the final score?"
The wise Red Indian didn't hesitate in answering, "5-1."
Dave thinks he'll get smart, asking the memory man for the name of the 4th goal scorer. Without so much as blinking, the Red Indian says, "Ryan MacGowan."

Dave is stunned and returns home to Edinburgh, where he tells everyone about the Red Indian. Dave's curiosity lingers, and he vows to return to America and pay his respects to the Indian. Few years later, Dave finally saved up enough money to return and, after weeks of searching the Nevada desert, once more he finds the Red Indian, now in a cave.
Humbled by the Red Indian, Dave steps forward, bows, and greets the brave in his traditional tongue.
"How," Dave says.
The memory man squints at him and replies, "A diving header in the six-yard box."

Happy anniversary jambos

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Dave the Jambo is touring the USA. Along the way, he stops off at a remote bar in the Nevada desert and chats to the bartender when he spots a Red Indian in full tribal dress seated in the corner of the bar.
"Wow!" remarks Dave. "Who's he?"
"Gee, that's the memory man," replies the bartender. "He knows everything there is to know. Got a memory like an elephant, he can remember any fact. Go and try him out!"

Dave heads over to the Red Indian, thinking that he can outsmart him with a question about Scottish football.
He asks the memory man, "Who won the 2012 Scottish cup final?"
"Hearts," came the instantaneous reply.
Dave was stunned. He tried again asking, "Who did they beat?"
"Hibs," replied the memory man.
Dave tried once more asking, "What was the final score?"
The wise Red Indian didn't hesitate in answering, "5-1."
Dave thinks he'll get smart, asking the memory man for the name of the 4th goal scorer. Without so much as blinking, the Red Indian says, "Ryan MacGowan."

Dave is stunned and returns home to Edinburgh, where he tells everyone about the Red Indian. Dave's curiosity lingers, and he vows to return to America and pay his respects to the Indian. Few years later, Dave finally saved up enough money to return and, after weeks of searching the Nevada desert, once more he finds the Red Indian, now in a cave.
Humbled by the Red Indian, Dave steps forward, bows, and greets the brave in his traditional tongue.
"How," Dave says.
The memory man squints at him and replies, "A diving header in the six-yard box."

Happy anniversary jambos

Very good indeed.

We have to face the prospect that Hibs might win the cup again this weekend although I don't think they will.  What I do know is the eternal bonus of 5-1. As a previous poster said, when that 4th goal went in, the rest of his life was basically sorted.  It's the same for them in reverse.  Every morning (or afternoon or evening) when they waken, 5-1 is still there and it will be till the day they check out.

We'll never forget you Zal for giving us that as the captain of Hearts.

Is Michael Jackson laughing at the tache or is he a cabbage?  Hate to say it but I think it could be the latter.  No disrespect to the departed but he was a bit strange.

10 hours ago, martoon said:

F0_BF642_B-_F734-4_C60-868_A-9_C15_B805_B36_A.thumb.jpg.b05d61c7a6ced7ddab4499e78676a4f9.jpg

I just noticed their really wasn't many smiling faces in that part of the crowd hohoho just look at that absolute hero of a man kissing the trophy though!:rudiyas:

15 hours ago, Boab said:

Not ashamed to say this photo gets me every time, even now !

B3DCCC6A-F175-4026-9992-FE24475855BC.jpeg

I love this picture, R.I.P Legend!

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I just noticed their really wasn't many smiling faces in that part of the crowd hohoho just look at that absolute hero of a man kissing the trophy though!:rudiyas:

The 6 kissers at Rudi's back look like a glum version of the boardgame "Guess Who".

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

That went well...

B989EF94-E58A-4C9F-84C3-54F922D8EBC6.jpeg

A Paul Kane lookalike a bit premature. ( who would even do this before the final what a Richard )

3fingersreid
17 hours ago, martoon said:

F0_BF642_B-_F734-4_C60-868_A-9_C15_B805_B36_A.thumb.jpg.b05d61c7a6ced7ddab4499e78676a4f9.jpg

The woman with the shoulder length hair looks as if she’s having thoughts about shagging the great man 

18 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

The woman with the shoulder length hair looks as if she’s having thoughts about shagging the great man 

As does the bloke next to her with the blue tie. 

3fingersreid
33 minutes ago, martoon said:

As does the bloke next to her with the blue tie. 

He’s got the look of a man who knows Rudi could smile at his wife and she’s gone 😁

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

He’s got the look of a man who knows Rudi could smile at his wife and she’s gone 😁

😄

9 years gone since 19/5/12 - stood on the terraces on 1-1-73 as a teenager thinking this can never be put right - nearly 50 years on - utter Hibs w**ks - I’m still here- they’re still hurting -FTH....... HHGH🇱🇻