Clubs going bust

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

Mind at the start of season when everyone was saying this would happen, and it didn't again. 

Can we just not jump to conclusions from now on? Thanks. 

Just shows how much the owners are siphoning off?

Just taking a hit for the year by the look of it.

#Greed 

Guest ToqueJambo

Was that before or after fans buying STs, James Anderson and the Scottish gov stepped up with financial support? Plenty time yet anyhow. Hamilton, Dundee and D Utd are still the most likely to get into bother for me.

9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mind at the start of season when everyone was saying this would happen, and it didn't again. 

Disappointing isn’t it. 😏

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Thomaso said:

Disappointing isn’t it. 😏

I think we need another RANGERS ARE GOING BUST thread to be honest. 

Malinga the Swinga

The day the gates are locked at Dens and Dundee die will be a glorious day. 

Let's hope an extended stay in Championship helps them on their way to a quick and painful death. 

55 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I wouldn’t write it off just yet . Hamilton will go down to the championship when fans allowed back in there crowds are pish anyway they will have a massive cut backs in playing squad also the amount of money spend on covid testing . 

Teams may of not went bust within a year of covid but they will be carrying the debt for years to come . 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was that before or after fans buying STs, James Anderson and the Scottish gov stepped up with financial support? Plenty time yet anyhow. Hamilton, Dundee and D Utd are still the most likely to get into bother for me.

If Dundee don't make it up this season they could be in trouble, seem to have gambled a bit in an attempt to get promoted.  United will probably be okay once crowds return and they get their quota of OF games and visits from us, the Sheep and the Vermin.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

If Dundee don't make it up this season they could be in trouble, seem to have gambled a bit in an attempt to get promoted.  United will probably be okay once crowds return and they get their quota of OF games and visits from us, the Sheep and the Vermin.

Hilariously they only had to do this because they voted to bring us into the league. If they do go bust it might be one of the most self-inflicted and avoidable going busts in football history. God knows how many points they'd be deducted as well for their third admin. 15, first time, 25, 2nd - it would mean relegation to League One. Crossed fingers!

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think we need another RANGERS ARE GOING BUST thread to be honest. 

Why?  🤷🏿‍♂️

JamboNation

Think clubs called wolf a bit looking for government handouts it's wasn't just Hearts fans saying this  so zip

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Why?  🤷🏿‍♂️

I was being sarcastic. 

All these threads are pointless.

It's up there with blaming the refs for our own problems. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I was being sarcastic. 

6j65hyX-DFEzDc1GE3jPgFF4uN0lVWzQl6wL-uSf

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I was being sarcastic. 

Ah!  Got you now, sir.

Magic.

Greedy Jambo

Ah!  Got you now, sir.

Magic.

What you up to anyway mate?

Fire round if you want, bring the wine. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

What you up to anyway mate?

Fire round if you want, bring the wine. 

Be there in ten.

Red, White or Rose?

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Be there in ten.

Red, White or Rose?

I'm thinking a whole lot of Rose.

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm thinking a whole lot of Rose.

Excellent choice.  👍

Beer too, aye?

Greedy Jambo

Excellent choice.  👍

Beer too, aye?

Aye, well, we'll need something to wash it down with. 

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, well, we'll need something to wash it down with. 

Leave it with me.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

Leave it with me.

Mind the olives and cheese, i'll order the pakora later. 

Greedy Jambo
38 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Great thread. Will read again. 

You're invited too, bruh.

professorfate

I think Hibs could be in trouble wanting to sell their best players something isn't right there. I don't think Ron Gordon has spent a bean since he bought them.

Bazzas right boot

Livi, well, and Aberdeen sold players ( their best) for a decent amount. 

Utd have reported big losses 

Killie taken out government loans, are in the play off and have about 3 players in contract after the summer. 

Hamilton had no St holders and got relegated. 

Celtic iirc have burnt through over half their cash reserves and had a poor season. 

Hibs look like they'll sell 1 or 2 players but Tbh if they win the cup they won't care. 

Rangers issue share schemes every 6 months to keep the lights on and are somehow able to improve year on year despite gathering up debts. 

That is all before this year's accounts are published. It's gonna be Grim for most clubs. 

The exception is St Johnstone, they are hopefully up for a cup double and they somehow seem to be the only team that have improved, haven't sold players, won't need to sell and haven't lost money in any substantial way! 

I think a lot of clubs were basically bleating because they didn't want to upset their precious status quo (really hoped this would end with the passing of Parfitt).  "If you reconstruct we'll go bust..." "if we don't get govt bailout, we'll go bust..." "if you don't let crowds in we'll go bust" "if you don't give me ice-cream, I'll scream all the way home..."

A lesson especially for the prem clubs in cutting their cloth accordingly without that much vaunted min 3 visits from the OF.

If this last year and a bit hasn't been the wake-up our game needed for change at all levels in league structure, governance, voting, wealth spread and how feeble our TV and sponsor income is, I don't think there ever will be change.

The majority of clubs just want to plod along with their boardrooms wanting nothing more than to protect their status like bowling club chairmen who love having the keys to the bar.  I kind of get that at Forfar and Brechin, but when it extends to the likes of Ross County and Hamilton who are/were top league, you realise that we need to have a much more robust and centralised decision making process.

If Dundee and Dundee United go bust, it'll be because their wage to income ratios are disgraceful.  So tough titties when that's on top of behaving like protectionist charlatans.

Don't forget also that the clubs have had a lot of help - more than a lot of industries.  While having furlough available and being able somewhat to rely on income from sponsors and ticket money, both season and PPV, they've also had massive grants, handouts and loans.  The only ones I feel sorry for in the whole escapade are Partick and Falkirk, both full time, both deserving their chance to stay or make it to Championship and both further punished by getting a tiny grant as compared to the Champ clubs which included Alloa and Arbroath, who are part-time (the grant alone not far off their annual income).

dobmisterdobster

Fear, uncertainty, and doubt are what forums thrive on.

Just accept that you can't predict the future.

On 18/05/2021 at 22:15, ToqueJambo said:

Hilariously they only had to do this because they voted to bring us into the league. If they do go bust it might be one of the most self-inflicted and avoidable going busts in football history. God knows how many points they'd be deducted as well for their third admin. 15, first time, 25, 2nd - it would mean relegation to League One. Crossed fingers!

Sadly, I think there is a 6 year time limit on the accumulation of points deductions, can't remember when it last happened to them, but they would get away with 15 points if more than 6 years have passed.

Knowing the way things work in Scottish Football, Doncaster would probably let them off with no deduction to repay them for changing their vote, citing Covid-19 as mitigating circumstances.

I was certain that clubs all over Europe would go to the wall and I was wrong.  Wish I had been right in respect of three clubs.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Are we still boycotting away games? as that came to nothing too, so far

How long do you think that should run for?

On 18/05/2021 at 20:45, Greedy Jambo said:

Brechin will be playing in the basement within a few days, so they're my tip for going tits up first.

Pretty sure the chairman won't take his medicine though.....!

SpruceBringsteen

Pretty sure everyone said they *hoped* it would happen tbf. Been my default position since about 1993 though, I'm Mr Consistent. 😎

• 3 weeks later...
eyesandears

Dundee United edge closer to the abyss. Just had a text from a mate up there saying that they've released their results. US owner is owed £7.3m, salary/turnover ration 120%, balance sheet black hole of -£4.4 million apparently worst in Scottish football. 

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Dundee United edge closer to the abyss. Just had a text from a mate up there saying that they've released their results. US owner is owed £7.3m, salary/turnover ration 120%, balance sheet black hole of -£4.4 million apparently worst in Scottish football. 

Tick tock

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/fife/2283139/exclusive-dundee-united-chief-mark-ogren-halts-st-andrews-golf-resort-plans-amid-legal-row-with-business-partner/amp/

Sure there's nothing wrong with us collectively engaging the power of positive thinking and hoping Hibs go bust?

Ron might run away with all their money.  It's his money after all.  He might not, but he might.

What a superb difference that is between us.  Their money is Ron's money.  Our money is our money.  Every last penny.

😂❤❤❤❤❤❤