Dundee v Killie playoffs

Section Q

Hope Killie cuff them.

If Dundee hadn't changed their vote last season and we weren't penalised with relegation, they'd likely have won the league themselves.

Ironic really...

I’d like to see both of them lose but clearly that won’t happen. Dundee for their shenanigans last summer and Killie just to get rid of more plastic. 

Restonbabe

Killie chairman abstaining from voting rangers out of the spfl in 2012 

Still irks me to this day 

Parasite 

Hope Killie wipe the floor with them.

Just means they hand over 3/4 of their stadium to Rangers and Celtic supporters next season.

A greedy club with no pride.

ToadKiller Dog

Hmm think my dislike of Dundee is stronger than Killie who I'm a bit meh .

Though would be good to see Tommy Wright go down.

I expect killie over 2 legs will win .

Expect Killie to win but while I prefer them to Dundee their relegation would mean two less plastic pitches in the Premiership. Win, win.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Killie chairman abstaining from voting rangers out of the spfl in 2012 

Still irks me to this day 

Parasite 

No club voted Rangers out of the SPL in 2012.  They weren’t in it.  They didn’t even have a SFA membership and had to apply for a temporary one to play Brechin in the diddy cup. 

Let’s not forget Killie voted us out of the Premiership last year though.  If Killie lose it’s another of the wanks going down.  If they win it stops the biggest of the wanks coming up.  

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, EIEIO said:

Expect Killie to win but while I prefer them to Dundee their relegation would mean two less plastic pitches in the Premiership. Win, win.

Possibly our two best performances this season were on plastic pitches.  They’re better than shite, uneven, brick hard grass pitches where the ball bobbles and bounces all over the place (like Morton).

I hope Killie thrash them.  Dundee will have problems if they don’t get promoted.  That couldn’t happen to better people.

SectionDJambo

We can't get everything we want in one go to give us satisfaction after last summer's shenanigans. We've already got us and Partick Thistle promoted back. Brechin City are in severe peril of going out of the league. Hamilton and their woeful plastic pitch away at last. Celtic failing miserably to get their 10.

Dundee were so heavily involved in the underhand goings on that they have to be the club that we should want to suffer disappointment and further financial loss. We'll probably never know what went on with their missing vote and the deals that were done in secret to enable the puppet master's cabal to punish 3 clubs for the benefit of Celtic and a few others.

A last minute dodgy penalty goal would be a good way to let them know what it feels like to suffer injustice.

A similar fate for Hibs in the cup final would be the icing on the cake. That or a thumping defeat.

I think Killie will get a decisive 1st leg win at Dens. 

Dundee have been no better than average against average opposition and I reckon Killie will rise to the occasion and tear right through them. 

Adam has looked good in certain games but I think it's likely that Premier League opposition will expose how slow he is. 

0-3 Kilmarnock. Lafferty on the score sheet; perhaps more than once.

Ex member of the SaS

Dundee will win and get promotion. It's their reward for last season. The disallowed goal v Raith and the multiple decisions they got shows they have the backing of the officials. No lover of either team but would prefer Killie to dump Dundee for their shenanigans last season.

Shanks said no

I want Dundee to stay down and suffer.

I wouldn’t be so sure Killie will steamroller them, Dundee’s whole season has been based on these games, Killie thought they would avoid them. That said McPake is a born loser (and a grass). 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
44 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No club voted Rangers out of the SPL in 2012.  They weren’t in it.  They didn’t even have a SFA membership and had to apply for a temporary one to play Brechin in the diddy cup. 

Let’s not forget Killie voted us out of the Premiership last year though.  If Killie lose it’s another of the wanks going down.  If they win it stops the biggest of the wanks coming up.  

Amazing how it's still necessary to remind people of this. The other day, on BBC Breakfast Sports News, they spoke of 'Rangers' winning their first title since being demoted to League 2. More gaslighting by the BBC.

The Natural Order

I'd prefer Killie to go down. Hamilton and Killie going down gets rid of two artificial pitches from the top league and replaced by Grass pitches.

Hopefully Livi go next year. No place for artificial pitches at the top level.

Definitely a Killie fan for this next week or so. 

I think Burke and Laff will save their arses tbh. 

Dundee don't deserve to come up after sending us down there.They voted to keep us down & ensure their bitter Dundee neighbour's came up which we most certainly wouldn't do..They thought they would get more money playing us than utd but obviously that never happened. Hope killie thrash them & Charlie adams has a meltdown..horrible horrible club.

Dundee to stay down and the championship will be a nightmare next season with thistle and Hamilton added to the mix

Both a win/win and lose/lose situation this one.

Dislike both clubs for various reasons so I am torn here

OK, Killie for me, only because of the pies

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Dundee don't deserve to come up after sending us down there.They voted to keep us down & ensure their bitter Dundee neighbour's came up which we most certainly wouldn't do..They thought they would get more money playing us than utd but obviously that never happened. Hope killie thrash them & Charlie adams has a meltdown..horrible horrible club.

I hate Dundee as much as anyone for what they did last season but that bit is simply not true.  They’d get much bigger crowds for a derby than they would against us.  We’ll probably never find out what was said / promised to Nelms by Doncaster. 

been here before

Now I could be wrong here but arent Hibs the only Premier team to lose out in these play offs over the years? 

Whilst I might be mistaken, it would be nice for them to keep that honour. Another one of their 'firsts'...

Failing that the ideal result would probably be Dundee stay down but Killies pitch goes with them.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Now I could be wrong here but arent Hibs the only Premier team to lose out in these play offs over the years? 

Whilst I might be mistaken, it would be nice for them to keep that honour. Another one of their 'firsts'...

Failing that the ideal result would probably be Dundee stay down but Killies pitch goes with them.

No, Livi beat someone in the play offs to get promoted but can’t remember who and can’t be arsed Googling it!

All roads lead to Gorgie

If Killie turn up for this they should win both legs easily as they have a better team than Dundee. Really surprising to see them down there but they took the wrong option in Tommy Wright who is very over rated. Dundee have hit form but they looked poor in the second leg of the Raith playoff so I don't think they will be joining us next season. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If Killie turn up for this they should win both legs easily as they have a better team than Dundee. Really surprising to see them down there but they took the wrong option in Tommy Wright who is very over rated. Dundee have hit form but they looked poor in the second leg of the Raith playoff so I don't think they will be joining us next season. 

Killie were in free fall and looked likely to finish bottom.  Appointing Wright and signing Lafferty has probably saved them.  I’d hate to watch Hearts under Wright but I reckon he would have kept us up.  Eye bleeding football watching St Johnstone under Wright but he performed minor miracles up there - with the size of club they are they could easily be a Championship club but instead he had them outperforming Hearts and other bigger clubs. 

44 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, Livi beat someone in the play offs to get promoted but can’t remember who and can’t be arsed Googling it!

Partick Thistle, it was the game their fans goaded Ryan Edwards for being a s*** Jack Sparrow.

46 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Partick.  We signed Edwards after the Livi fans signing your just a shite Jack Sparrow at him during the game. 

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Partick Thistle, it was the game their fans goaded Ryan Edwards for being a s*** Jack Sparrow.

Two mins late.  Story of my life :lol: 

David Black

Well you can't get everything you want in life, but up to now we are promoted, Hamilton are down, Alloa are down and hopefully Brechin as well. If Dundee lose that is as good as the season could get as I say , you can't get everything.

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

As @Fozzyonthefencesuggested Livingston, too, came up via the play off. Like him, though, I don't recall who went down and can't be arsed to find out. 😊

One sure thing, though, is that Hibs' capitulation to Hamilton will be mentioned. It frequently was in the Dunfermline/Raith/Dundee ties.

Always makes me smile when it is.

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d like to see both of them lose but clearly that won’t happen. Dundee for their shenanigans last summer and Killie just to get rid of more plastic. 

Where I'm at.  Let's just go with 11 next season.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Killie were in free fall and looked likely to finish bottom.  Appointing Wright and signing Lafferty has probably saved them.  I’d hate to watch Hearts under Wright but I reckon he would have kept us up.  Eye bleeding football watching St Johnstone under Wright but he performed minor miracles up there - with the size of club they are they could easily be a Championship club but instead he had them outperforming Hearts and other bigger clubs. 

Appointing Wright was probably a Sam Allardyce type appointment that they hoped would see them safe. It nearly worked but I'm not sure if he will have the same impact long term as he did up in Perth. They could still struggle next season if it is in the top league.

We can’t really lose whoever wins but in a strange way I wouldn’t mind Dundee coming up as I prefer games with a bit of an “edge “ to them. 
Also, for a 12 team league, Killie and Motherwell have been around too long. 
I won’t shed any tears if Dundee get pumped though. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

We can’t really lose whoever wins but in a strange way I wouldn’t mind Dundee coming up as I prefer games with a bit of an “edge “ to them. 
Also, for a 12 team league, Killie and Motherwell have been around too long. 
I won’t shed any tears if Dundee get pumped though. 

Based on our recent record against Killie we should probably want them down, and i agree with you about the 'edge' versus Dundee.

I can very much live with Dundee staying down though :thumbsup:

Only thing that bothers me about Kilmarnock is there good record at Tynecastle. They've been our bogey team for some time.

Dundee are just ****s. Shite city, 2 shite teams.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Possibly our two best performances this season were on plastic pitches.  They’re better than shite, uneven, brick hard grass pitches where the ball bobbles and bounces all over the place (like Morton).

Raith away twice were good performances,  QoS and Alloa less so.

The Old Tolbooth

I hope Killie hammer Scumdee, confine them even longer to the Championship and more financial bother. 

colinmaroon
25 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

The quality of the pitches is the point.  Alloa and QotS were awful.

Peakybunnet

I live in Dundee and most of my friends and wife,s family support Dundee. 

One diehard friend I met last week said they didn't want to face Kilmarnock in a playoff if they got through.

Well the Turkeys voted for Christmas. 

Don't like either I hate plastic pitches but i'm not the one playing on them haha. 

If full stadiums were allowed then Dundee derby would be back and another 4 full houses and on TV its more than what Kilmarnock can offer. If they went down they would have there Ayrshire derby showing on BBC Scotland on a Friday night. 

Bazzas right boot

Win / win situation. 

Part of me wants Killie to go down, don't even know why Tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Win / win situation. 

Part of me wants Killie to go down, don't even know why Tbh. 

I'n the same - Kilmarnock have a no bad stadium apart from the pitch better than Dens. 

5 hours ago, been here before said:

Hibs getting beaten by Hamilton was a great day. Never forget their "relegation party" at Tynie when we pumped them.....👍

There is a quality gap and Dundee will not bridge that gap over the 2 legs

Kilmarnock are not a side out of form.....indeed they are an in form side at present

17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I know a few Dundee fans who are decent people so for them I’d like to see Dundee win 

Quite right mate. Be nice for them. Tell us a bit more about your pals so we can all get onboard. 

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Hibs getting beaten by Hamilton was a great day. Never forget their "relegation party" at Tynie when we pumped them.....👍

It was absolutely fantastic. Hard to think of any group of fans making such an absolute ***** of themselves. Every time I see a green balloon I remember their relegation party. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 hours ago, EIEIO said:

I think we were unbeaten away on astro (winning 5 out of 6?) in the league but obviously had the shocker at Alloa in the League Cup.  We seemed to do better on astro, let’s be honest the majority of our away performances on grass were brutal. 

I’ve probably not played on an astro pitch for the best part of 30 years and I used to hate them.  However, they are, on the whole, much better these days. My son plays 08’s and have to say the astro pitches they play on are much better than the grass pitches they use and are much more suited to getting the ball on the deck and passing it (we had by far the best players in the Championship so maybe that’s one reason we tended to do well away on astro and generally at home on our own expensive, mainly grass pitch at Tynie).   Appreciate the professional pitches should be a much higher standard than the council ones though but maybe not at the likes of Morton. 

Spellczech
9 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Dundee will win and get promotion. It's their reward for last season. The disallowed goal v Raith and the multiple decisions they got shows they have the backing of the officials. No lover of either team but would prefer Killie to dump Dundee for their shenanigans last season.

I thought Jonathan Afolabi was their reward for that (and probably some glamour friendlies at with a team in green at some time in the future)?