London for the Euros

Gorgie_Rules

Gorgie_Rules

Tartan Army/Scotland chat doesn’t tend to go down too well on kickback and obviously not Hearts related so sticking this in the shed! Apologies if there is another thread.

Anyone heading down for the game on the Friday night? Disappointingly but I guess understandably, it doesn’t seem like there will be one gathering point with big screens to watch the match. Trafalgar Sq reserved for 750 key workers, and the original back up of Potters Field won’t be showing the game and is for families and ‘locals’ only.

Whats everyones plans if still heading down? I’m guessing one of the many other squares will be a meeting point during the Friday with bars booked for the evening?

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Stay at home. London doesn't need more people in it for a football match that they can't even attend.

Malinga the Swinga

What's the point in travelling to London to watch game on TV. The more fans who turn up pished, the better chance of trouble. 

Stay at home and watch it. Don't need Scotland's name being dragged down to that of Rangets

Bluesy1874
3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Tartan Army/Scotland chat doesn’t tend to go down too well on kickback and obviously not Hearts related so sticking this in the shed! Apologies if there is another thread.

Anyone heading down for the game on the Friday night? Disappointingly but I guess understandably, it doesn’t seem like there will be one gathering point with big screens to watch the match. Trafalgar Sq reserved for 750 key workers, and the original back up of Potters Field won’t be showing the game and is for families and ‘locals’ only.

Whats everyones plans if still heading down? I’m guessing one of the many other squares will be a meeting point during the Friday with bars booked for the evening?

We are going down on the Thursday and heading back the Saturday. Possibly the only chance I get to experience some sort of international tournament in my life time.

Hyde Park is being set up as a place for Scotland fans to gather on the Friday I believe. Then booked in to watch the game in the evening. 

Looking forward to the trip away with the lads will be a good couple days. 

I'll stick to hampden hopefully. But doubt we'll get tickets. A bit too early for going abroad, so I'll gie Wembley a miss. 

manaliveits105
8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Stay at home. London doesn't need more people in it for a football match that they can't even attend.

Exactly go to Portugal or Iceland or stay at home init 

I know of loads of people who are going down on the Thursday and back on the Sunday even though they have no tickets 

Can’t think of anything worse to do but there again they are much younger than me 

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'll stick to hampden hopefully. But doubt we'll get tickets. A bit too early for going abroad, so I'll gie Wembley a miss. 

You wouldn't get a visa anyway

I live down here, its been a challenge booking a bar for the game but have managed to get somewhere local in SW London with a big group of us meeting (about 5 tables of 6, we have the place booked out now). Plan will be go to Hyde Park or Covent Garden during the day then back to the boozer for the match. 

Id recommend getting a booking for the game, few of the irish bars around Covent Garden are walk in only but thats a risky game. 

Ron Burgundy

The English hooligans will be itching for an influx of pissed up Scots having had no aggro for over a year.

This has disaster all over it.

7 hours ago, studo said:

I live down here, its been a challenge booking a bar for the game but have managed to get somewhere local in SW London with a big group of us meeting (about 5 tables of 6, we have the place booked out now). Plan will be go to Hyde Park or Covent Garden during the day then back to the boozer for the match. 

Id recommend getting a booking for the game, few of the irish bars around Covent Garden are walk in only but thats a risky game. 

Is there any area you'd recommend trying boozers to get in for the game?

There 7 of us going Thursday to Sunday

hughesie27
11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Heading down early Friday morning. Going to get a pub booked for the match itself.

Let me know which one

10 hours ago, studo said:

Where was this? We are struggling to find somewhere for about 27 of us 

hughesie27
58 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You going now like?

I've never not been going. We discussed train booking and I told you I'd got ours cheaper than you!

Sooperstar
53 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I've never not been going. We discussed train booking and I told you I'd got ours cheaper than you!

🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, Dayman said:

Where was this? We are struggling to find somewhere for about 27 of us 

17 hours ago, Candy said:

Is there any area you'd recommend trying boozers to get in for the game?

There 7 of us going Thursday to Sunday

We are in Wandsworth which is local to us but 15 mins on a train from Waterloo, it depends where you are staying though. for larger groups id say book tables of 6, remember the rules dont technically relax until 21st June. 

Try looking in more local areas, Islington, Camden, Clapham, Putney, Fulham etc. It's a bit of a free for all at the moment for bookings even outside of the footy.  

dobmisterdobster

Covid has absolutely ruined what would've been a memorable tournament. I hope they give the whole multi-country host thing another go in the future.

1 hour ago, studo said:

We are in Wandsworth which is local to us but 15 mins on a train from Waterloo, it depends where you are staying though. for larger groups id say book tables of 6, remember the rules dont technically relax until 21st June. 

Try looking in more local areas, Islington, Camden, Clapham, Putney, Fulham etc. It's a bit of a free for all at the moment for bookings even outside of the footy.  

Thanks, hopefully getting in to one in Kennington - just need to confirm they'll take 7 of us as 2 groups 👍

Maroon Sailor

Are fans still allowed in for the matches at Hampden after the carnage at the weekend and spikes in cases in Glasgow ?

22 minutes ago, Candy said:

Thanks, hopefully getting in to one in Kennington - just need to confirm they'll take 7 of us as 2 groups 👍

Good stuff, if you don’t get one there Clapham is near by. I cancelled a booking I had in The Alexandra there, the Belle Vue or The Clapham North are another good shout. 

dobmisterdobster
25 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Are fans still allowed in for the matches at Hampden after the carnage at the weekend and spikes in cases in Glasgow ?

UEFA were promised 25% capacity for both Hampden and Wembley. I don't see why that would change.

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

UEFA were promised 25% capacity for both Hampden and Wembley. I don't see why that would change.

Begs the question why we can't get fans in to grounds now in Scotland for the play offs and cup final

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Begs the question why we can't get fans in to grounds now in Scotland for the play offs and cup final

Because UEFA insists on having fans or they will strip the hosting rights. Dublin lost their games for that reason.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, dobmisterdobster said:

Because UEFA insists on having fans or they will strip the hosting rights. Dublin lost their games for that reason.

I see 👍

1 hour ago, studo said:

Good stuff, if you don’t get one there Clapham is near by. I cancelled a booking I had in The Alexandra there, the Belle Vue or The Clapham North are another good shout. 

Thank you

Knowing that the tartan army will be there is enough reason for me not to go down to London.

I will sit in the comfort of my living room or pub and cheer us on (very drunkedly and very loudly) so loudly they will hear me in London.

Mooooooooooooooon Scotland!

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Managed get a confirmed booking for The Bull in Sheppards Bush, Westfield centre.

Are you dipping into your savings for that?

I've been in there a couple of times (used to work round the corner) and, even by London standards, it's a pricey pint. There's a wee boozer the other side of the Holland Park roundabout called The Stewart Arms. A proper pub with good beer at a reasonable price. Best start there before hauling over to the Bull.

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, benny said:

Would Hampden lose the games if they are still in level 3.

It's probably too late for any venue changes. We will see what happens.

hughesie27
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Are you dipping into your savings for that?

I've been in there a couple of times (used to work round the corner) and, even by London standards, it's a pricey pint. There's a wee boozer the other side of the Holland Park roundabout called The Stewart Arms. A proper pub with good beer at a reasonable price. Best start there before hauling over to the Bull.

Cheers for the tip. Seems most places are fully booked already from my attempts at other places!

37 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Anyone got any bars booked for the 18th going with a big group of us and struggling to find somewhere 

Got ours booked tonight. Max group 6 but can split into different groups if more than that

the general

Some good pubs now in the Euston Kings Cross area and pretty handy for Wembers if going to the game

22 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There were fans at Kelty Hearts last night. My pal posted pics from the game 

Hoping Hampden doesn’t lose the games if Glasgow remains in Level 3.

I didn’t have a ticket for the England game but had been planning to go down. Unfortunately I can no longer make the trip down so probably going to need to try get rid of my train tickets.

Will be cheering on the lads on in a boozer up here instead.

39 minutes ago, pmcg_hmfc said:

Hoping Hampden doesn’t lose the games if Glasgow remains in Level 3.

I didn’t have a ticket for the England game but had been planning to go down. Unfortunately I can no longer make the trip down so probably going to need to try get rid of my train tickets.

Will be cheering on the lads on in a boozer up here instead.

I think no matter what the figures are the government will be under huge pressure to make sure they drop it to level 2 

dobmisterdobster

I'm pretty sure the venues are a lock now. It's too late to relocate.

Bilbao and Dublin gave a month's notice before pulling out.

• 4 weeks later...
Mars plastic

Going to London to watch a game of football in a pub with creepy guys in kilts. That's certainly one version of hell.

On 17/05/2021 at 15:41, Ron Burgundy said:

The English hooligans will be itching for an influx of pissed up Scots having had no aggro for over a year.

This has disaster all over it.

I hope it passes by trouble free. Don't lower yourselves to that level. Its because of the trouble that the end of season Scotland v England fixtures got abolished. I'd love to see those games return. Lets make an occasion of it. Show them how to party. 

Edited by Marvin

Howdy Doody Jambo
29 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Was that the train from carstairs?

Or the Joe Jordan special, they had about 3 teeth between them