Gaza.

maroonlegions

Jeffros Furios
39 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not sure that many Iranians would identify as Arab tbh. 

Or a large part of Sudan .

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dobmisterdobster

• Cade

• maroonlegions

• JFK-1

dobmisterdobster

Not only did the Associated Press share a building with Hamas. They also collaborated with them to manufacture spin and propaganda pieces. I am shocked to my core. :rolleyes:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/11/how-the-media-makes-the-israel-story/383262/

During my time at the AP, we helped Hamas get this point across with a school of reporting that might be classified as “Surprising Signs of Moderation” (a direct precursor to the “Muslim Brotherhood Is Actually Liberal” school that enjoyed a brief vogue in Egypt). In one of my favorite stories, “More Tolerant Hamas” (December 11, 2011), reporters quoted a Hamas spokesman informing readers that the movement’s policy was that “we are not going to dictate anything to anyone,” and another Hamas leader saying the movement had “learned it needs to be more tolerant of others.” Around the same time, I was informed by the bureau’s senior editors that our Palestinian reporter in Gaza couldn’t possibly provide critical coverage of Hamas because doing so would put him in danger.

Oh well.

800.jpeg.02fc00652850711cb2fd900d24438636.jpeg

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know what you're suggesting. Do Israeli governments have an intent of wiping put all Arabs? If not trying to equate them to Hamas is beyond absurd. And the fact is they actually could burn the entire middle east to the ground.

Are you so far out of touch with reality that you think Israel would still be there if Hamas could detonate a nuclear warhead over it?

On the other hand Israeli governments send out warnings hours ahead of planned attacks. Akin to Churchill sending out warnings that we're going to be bombing Cologne tonight. Get out of there if you can. In this respect they're the most humanitarian government in modern military history.

You talk about being out of touch with reality maybe you should apply that to yourself ? 

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

And I would agree, but do you really think that's a significant point crushing addition to the current discussion?

It is when you're using a graphic to illustrate the geographical extent of Israel in comparison to it's Arab neighbours which includes a country which is not Arab. You might as well chuck Mauritania in there as well, seeing as they're swarthy, Jew hating Muslims too. 

Edited by Governor Tarkin

11 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You talk about being out of touch with reality maybe you should apply that to yourself ? 

You're talking and saying absolutely nothing. Allow me to demonstrate. You talk about being out of touch with reality maybe you should apply that to yourself?

See how easily it simply turns around?

Now can you actually say something illustrating any inaccuracies of what I have been saying. That's the only way to enlighten anyone. Try applying it.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It is when you're using a graphic to illustrate the geographical extent of Israel in comparison to it's Arab neighbours which includes a country which is not Arab. You might as well chuck Mauritania in there as well, seeing as they're swarthy Muslims too. 

Utter nonsense. If you or anyone else doesn't grasp what i'm illutarting, simply due to the term Arabic, you're not fit to be involved in such a discussion.

And i'm actually sensing that you may really not grasp the vacuous nature of this pointless utter shit around the term Arabic. One alternative is you actually do but will grasp at any straw to be contrarian. No matter how insignificant.

Tell you what, take Iran out of it. Does that totally change the relevance of the graphic illustrating the size of Israel? Or is Israel still just a tiny sliver in the remainder?

Again, what a load of pointless utter shit.

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

You're talking and saying absolutely nothing. Allow me to demonstrate. You talk about being out of touch with reality maybe you should apply that to yourself?

See how easily it simply turns around?

Now can you actually say something illustrating any inaccuracies of what I have been saying. That's the only way to enlighten anyone. Try applying it.

All you mention is Hamas and Israel being a tiny scrap of land, that's not exactly an impartial view .

Maybe I will invade England and proclaim Berwick to York as my land and force the English to flee south.

After all its just a tiny scrap of land in Europe .

3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

All you mention is Hamas and Israel being a tiny scrap of land, that's not exactly an impartial view .

Maybe I will invade England and proclaim Berwick to York as my land and force the English to flee south.

After all its just a tiny scrap of land in Europe .

That's nothing like all I have said on this thread. And you're still talking and saying absolutely nothing of any content. What in the world are you blethering about?

Berwick? Invasions? What the hell are you blethering about?

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

That's nothing like all I have said on this thread. And you're still talking and saying absolutely nothing of any content. What in the world are you blethering about?

Berwick? Invasions? What the hell are you blethering about?

😀 ok pal I get it .

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

😀 ok pal I get it .

Really? What do you get? You're still talking and saying absolutely nothing.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Utter nonsense. If you or anyone else doesn't grasp what i'm illutarting, simply due to the term Arabic, you're not fit to be involved in such a discussion.

And i'm actually sensing that you may really not grasp the vacuous nature of this pointless utter shit around the term Arabic. One alternative is you actually do but will grasp at any straw to be contrarian. No matter how insignificant.

Tell you what, take Iran out of it. Does that totally change the relevance of the graphic illustrating the size of Israel? Or is Israel still just a tiny sliver in the remainder?

Again, what a load of pointless utter shit.

Didn't take you long to default back to patronising, insulting fud mode, did it. 

I grasp perfectly well what you're trying to illustrate, but seeing as it's in your nature to jump on such an obvious oversight if it were made by someone else, I thought it only right to point it out. 

You really are an intolerant and easily rankled little man, aren't you. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

😀 ok pal I get it .

I think we can all read this one like an open book, Jeffros. 🤷‍♂️

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

I think we can all read this one like an open book, Jeffros. 🤷‍♂️

When I enter Berwick the residents will have two days to collect thier belonging and leave .

I've got leaflets for Morpeth giving them a week .

Bulldozers at the ready .

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Didn't take you long to default back to patronising, insulting fud mode, did it. 

I grasp perfectly well what you're trying to illustrate, but seeing as it's in your nature to jump on such an obvious oversight if it were made by someone else, I thought it only right to point it out. 

You really are an intolerant and easily rankled little man, aren't you. 

Well now you're making shit up out of thin air. I don't have any tendency of derailing anything by grasping on some pointless triviality As you're doing.

As for intolerance again take a look around. Was I the one who introduced 'dumbass'? No.

Then this "easily rankled little man" drivel. Take a look at yourself here and reassess that. When I point out the vacuous nature of commentary it's not because i'm rankled.

Now of you want to dispute anything I have said on this topic go ahead. Bring your evidence. I don't have a side in this per se. I simply study reality. If anyone can introduce anything that contradicts my perceived reality then I will change my mind.

Believe me that's not true of everyone. But as I said, get back on topic, forget your rankled little man shit and focus on the topic. Can you do that?

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well now you're making shit up out of thin air. I don't have any tendency of derailing anything by grasping on some pointless triviality As you're doing.

As for intolerance again take a look around. Was I the one who introduced 'dumbass'? No.

Then this "easily rankled little man" drivel. Take a look at yourself here and reassess that. When I point out the vacuous nature of commentary it's not because i'm rankled.

Now of you want to dispute anything I have said on this topic go ahead. Bring your evidence. I don't have a side in this per se. I simply study reality. If anyone can introduce anything that contradicts my perceived reality then I will change my mind.

Believe me that's not true of everyone. But as I said, get back on topic, forget your rankled little man shit and focus on the topic. Can you do that?

Your argument that the disputed land is a small proportion of Arab land is utterly fatuous.

It's the disputed part that is important.

11 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Your argument that the disputed land is a small proportion of Arab land is utterly fatuous.

It's the disputed part that is important.

I'm making no argument that the tiny size of Israel is the major feature if it, it's simply a side feature of all I have said. A feature you appear to be fatuously grasping on to as if it deconstructs the entirety of what I have said.

But let's just run with that point for a moment. Can you think of any similar situations that send the entire world into convulsions? How about say Northern Ireland? Shorn off from the historically Catholic Republic of Ireland. And disputed during 'the troubles'

Did you see Catholics globally going insane and suicide bombing etc. over this little scrap? I didn't. Why do you think that was? And how was it settled?

Maybe partly because the IRA had no charter stating an intent to genocide all Brits globally was part of it? And no charter declaring that there can be no settlement? Like the Hams charter?

Article 13 :There is no negotiated settlement possible. Jihad is the only answer.

It's after 4am here so I will be getting some sleep now. You can have plenty of time to mull that over and convince me how benevolent Hamas are. And how intolerant the Israelis are for refusing to tolerate them.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Ok. Starter for 10. Do you think think Israeli territorial ambitions and the corresponding treatment of the Palestinean peoples are justified?

42 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm making no argument that the tiny size of Israel is the major feature if it, it's simply a side feature of all I have said. A feature you appear to be fatuously grasping on to as if it deconstructs the entirety of what I have said.

But let's just run with that point for a moment. Can you think of any similar situations that send the entire world into convulsions? How about say Northern Ireland? Shorn off from the historically Catholic Republic of Ireland. And disputed during 'the troubles'

Did you see Catholics globally going insane and suicide bombing etc. over this little scrap? I didn't. Why do you think that was? And how was it settled?

Maybe partly because the IRA had no charter stating an intent to genocide all Brits globally was part of it? And no charter declaring that there can be no settlement? Like the Hams charter?

It's after 4am here so I will be getting some sleep now. You can have plenty of time to mull that over and convince me how benevolent Hamas are. And how intolerant the Israelis are for refusing to tolerate them.

I've only engaged with one post you've made, there's no rule that says I have to engage with everything you've posted in its entirety, so I don't care if it's your main point or not.

Your point about Northern Ireland is irrelevant to your point about the relative size of Israel to Arab lands.

I've made no comment about Hamas and won't be mulling anything over at your behest.

Edited by fancy a brew

Jambo-Jimbo
13 hours ago, Cade said:

The latest trouble is nowt to do with the illegal West Bank settlements, that's a decades-long issue.  

Nor is it to do with conditions in Gaza. The Israeli naval blockade and Israeli/Egyptian closed land borders have also been on the go for yonks.

It's not even really to do with the openly racist apartheid forced evictions law in East Jerusalem.  

It's all to do with internal politics both in Israel (4 elections in 2 years and a 5th looking likely) and in Palestine (Abbas cancelled elections as he was feart of Hamas getting more control).

That's what it's about. Internal power struggles in Israel and Palestine resulting in the civilian populations of both being blown up.

I totally agree with you.

Netanyahu is desperate to stay in power, what better way then to manufacture a conflict with the Palestinians thus portraying himself as a hard man & the protector of the Israeli people.

Israel has been poking the hornets nest for a few months now, just look at what they have been doing around the Al-Aqsa mosque for an example, the Israeli's knew only to well that Hamas would sooner or later take the bait and fire some rockets into Israel, thus giving Netanyahu the excuse he needed, Hamas for their part duly obliged, because they think that Mahmoud Abbas' position is weak and they Hamas could gain more power perhaps even control of the Palestinian Territories by looking strong, by taking the fight to the Israeli's and also being the defender of the Palestinians.

I can see this starting to peter out this week, both sides have made their point, the last thing either side wants is all out war.

Citizens march to put pressure on their own Government to put pressure on the Government that's behaving badly.

Considering that the UK is one of Israel's main backers (since the mess there is kind of our fault), people are right to be marching and protesting in the UK.

It was constant world-wide citizen protests and boycotts that led to the downfall of the South African apartheid regime, the same should work for the Israeli one.

willie wallace
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The Iron Dome is absolutely astonishing.

Not sure I would be standing so close to the launch site😯

Other than it not working all that well, it's impressive.

Much like the vaulted "patriot" missiles of the Gulf War.

All hype and battlefield performance was sketchy.

maroonlegions

This not a war, never was. Its genocide.

The Israeli war machine has a short window of opportunity to destroy as much infrastructure and harm the futures of as many people as possible. They can't sustain this level of destruction for long, but they're getting away with whatever they can while they can. There is no justification for the violence and destruction.

I mean openly saying they are going to strike  two government SCHOOLS in the Gaza stripe??

Utterly fecking insidious regime.  

187515694_10165675182245093_8189834636338090990_n.jpg

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Trying to think if any of the main stream media outlets have covered this yet..

Right wing loony drives car into protesters????

All is fair in media reporting  and war???

WATCH: Arrest made after car drives into pro-Palestine protestors in Nottingham

Meh, he was hardly playing skittles with them.

Not newsworthy.

The world is f....d.  Watched the news while having breakfast. Biden interviewed I wouldn't ask him to help me decide what I want to put on my cereal, he has had talks with Israels leader who I am sure politely told him to get lost. Hamas have tunnels throughout which they use to attack Israel. Meanwhile the American Republican Party are being led by Donald Trump, and are expelling from positions those who disagree with Trumps election claims that it was rigged and "I was robbed" claims. A prominent spokesman for Trump and the Party Gaetz embroiled in a case against a friend for paying for sex with a minor, the friend has copped a plea and will give evidence that Gaetz was involved with similar illegal acts. In Vancouver a protest threatened to get violent between Palestinian and Israeli supporting protestors. Also in the Vancouver area gang wars between rival gangs have taken an ethnic swing, some of the victims and suspects are from Asian gangs, there have been shootings causing deaths every night now for over a week. I am not trying to be diversive about the thread, I just wonder when we have so many internal problems in our own Countries how the phek are we going to cure others. Bill Gates splits with his wife she gets without discussion over two billion, Gates allegedly close with Epstein. The Royal Family in a state of chaos, Harry and whats her name selling out for money. Worst of all I have ben buying lottery Tickets for near forty years and can barely afford my next meal, there used to be a comedian who asked " Is everybody happy" well I am not. Amen

Edited by Sharpie

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Trying to think if any of the main stream media outlets have covered this yet..

Right wing loony drives car into protesters????

All is fair in media reporting  and war???

WATCH: Arrest made after car drives into pro-Palestine protestors in Nottingham

There is an easy answer. Don’t watch or listen to any MSM. I get you’re the kind of guy who doesn’t so what’s the fuss ? I’ll contradict myself slightly by saying I do dip my toe into the cesspit that is the media in this country but only to remind myself why it’s nonsense.

Leave the MSM to the masses. They’ll swallow any old shit.

Peakybunnet
4 hours ago, Cade said:

It was constant world-wide citizen protests and boycotts that led to the downfall of the South African apartheid regime, the same should work for the Israeli one.

Think you have said this a few times. Its never going to happen. Israel has to much government and media influence across the western world. Particularly the USA and UK. 

The Israelis also have a siege mentality and a huge well trained well equipped army, air force and navy.  They are pretty much self sufficient in food and water so cant see a world wide protest changing their mentality. 

They will continue to seize Palestinian land to build new settlements and damn the consequences. 

8 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The Iron Dome is absolutely astonishing.

He needs to get a tin hat on 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

This not a war, never was. Its genocide.

The Israeli war machine has a short window of opportunity to destroy as much infrastructure and harm the futures of as many people as possible. They can't sustain this level of destruction for long, but they're getting away with whatever they can while they can. There is no justification for the violence and destruction.

I mean openly saying they are going to strike  two government SCHOOLS in the Gaza stripe??

Utterly fecking insidious regime.  

187515694_10165675182245093_8189834636338090990_n.jpg

It’s genocide . Simple as that . Planned and calculating . The only question is low long it will take for a people to be wiped out. What a  tragedy it is . 

Jeffros Furios
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s genocide . Simple as that . Planned and calculating . The only question is low long it will take for a people to be wiped out. What a  tragedy it is . 

You don't really believe that they want to kill all Palestinians do you ? 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Put it this way they are certainly going the right way to achieve this 

6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Not for an instant. However I do believe that they have a long term ambition of a huge Palestinian diaspora as happened in 1948. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Not for an instant. However I do believe that they have a long term ambition of a huge Palestinian diaspora as happened in 1948. 

They certainly want to surround East Jerusalem and in time force the Palestinians out , also due to drought (climate change) they want water supplies which lie in Palestinian areas .

I certainly wouldn't say its genocide as we pretty much witnessed that in the Balkans .

8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

They certainly want to surround East Jerusalem and in time force the Palestinians out , also due to drought (climate change) they want water supplies which lie in Palestinian areas .

I certainly wouldn't say its genocide as we pretty much witnessed that in the Balkans .

Water. It’s all about water at some point. Thus the desire for the West Bank and the abandoning of Gaza. Guess which one has little to no natural water and depends on desalination.

US response: "Israel has the right to defend itself"

Yes, it certainly does. No argument there.

UK response: "We condemn the rise in antisemitism"

Rightfully so. No argument there.

But both of those statements are true on any given day.

In the context of this current crisis they're laughable.

We've merely given Israel carte blanche to do as it wishes.

Again.

doctor jambo
7 hours ago, Cade said:

Citizens march to put pressure on their own Government to put pressure on the Government that's behaving badly.

Considering that the UK is one of Israel's main backers (since the mess there is kind of our fault), people are right to be marching and protesting in the UK.

There was a majority opposition in South Africa with a charismatic and moderate figurehead .

The Palestinians are a minority split opposition run by generally derided terrorists.

Israel are in the wrong on a massive level, but are going nowhere- ever.

dobmisterdobster
7 hours ago, Cade said:

You mean the protests where they chanted "Death to all J**s" "H****r was right"? Drove convoys through Jewish neighbourhoods?

Peaceful Anti-Zionists I'm sure.

6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You mean the protests where they chanted "Death to all J**s" "H****r was right"? Drove convoys through Jewish neighbourhoods?

Peaceful Anti-Zionists I'm sure.

A bunch of nutters condemned by anyone with sense. A bit like the marches in Jerusalem recently where the chant was about killing all Arabs. 

dobmisterdobster
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A bunch of nutters condemned by anyone with sense. A bit like the marches in Jerusalem recently where the chant was about killing all Arabs. 

In response, Israel did ban Jewish people from the Temple Mount to allow Muslims to pray in peace.

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, Cade said:

US response: "Israel has the right to defend itself"

Yes, it certainly does. No argument there.

UK response: "We condemn the rise in antisemitism"

Rightfully so. No argument there.

But both of those statements are true on any given day.

In the context of this current crisis they're laughable.

We've merely given Israel carte blanche to do as it wishes.

Again.

Well they are the chosen people. 

It's probably prudent to let them get on with it.

dobmisterdobster

In Scotland it's called Land Reform but in East Jerusalem it's called Genocide.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

18 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Think you have said this a few times. Its never going to happen. Israel has to much government and media influence across the western world. Particularly the USA and UK. 

The Israelis also have a siege mentality and a huge well trained well equipped army, air force and navy.  They are pretty much self sufficient in food and water so cant see a world wide protest changing their mentality. 

They will continue to seize Palestinian land to build new settlements and damn the consequences. 

I suppose you’re right in the sense that they have influence from the USA etc. They just ignore UN resolutions. They are only going to be implemented when America demands they are. There’s a long list, going back many years. 

Jambo-Jimbo

As long as Israel remains the only realistic military deterrent in the region to keep the 'Mad Mullahs' in check, then Israel will get an easy ride off the US, UK, the West and even some of the Gulf/Arab states.

The geopolitical situation in the region has changed over the last decade or so, as you now see some Arab states making peace with Israel, this imo isn't because they have become all buddy buddy with Israel, but more that they fear Iran more than they fear the Israeli's now.

dobmisterdobster
39 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As long as Israel remains the only realistic military deterrent in the region to keep the 'Mad Mullahs' in check, then Israel will get an easy ride off the US, UK, the West and even some of the Gulf/Arab states.

The geopolitical situation in the region has changed over the last decade or so, as you now see some Arab states making peace with Israel, this imo isn't because they have become all buddy buddy with Israel, but more that they fear Iran more than they fear the Israeli's now.

Also KSA/UAE aren't going to bat for what is essentially an Iran proxy (Hamas).