Manic Street Preachers.

maroonlegions

13/9/21 Bath forum. Great venue, saw House of Love there. Just down the road from me too. Might just look into that one.

maroonlegions
14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

13/9/21 Bath forum. Great venue, saw House of Love there. Just down the road from me too. Might just look into that one.

Aye get along mate and enjoy live music again.

15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye get along mate and enjoy live music again.

I'm waiting to hear about Charlatans tickets at Bristol's O2 in November. I'm desperate to see a gig again.

frankblack

Pre-ordered signed copy and will try for Usher Hall.

Manics are my most seen band.  I am curious to hear the Mark Lanegan collaboration as I am a massive fan of his work also.

I saw them in the Liquid Rooms in 1992 or 1993ish. Richey was there. They stormed off after about half an hour because some twat grabbed James' microphone. Very disappointing because they were excellent and of course, still are. 

frankblack
On 15/05/2021 at 16:59, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Also headlining at Party at the Palace in Linlithgow on 7th August.

FB_IMG_1621094302497.jpg

Overall lineup is very weak for that festival, as much as I like the Manics I can't be arsed with the others.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Overall lineup is very weak for that festival, as much as I like the Manics I can't be arsed with the others.

Yeah, if they weren't playing Usher Hall would have gone but nothing else for me worth seeing.

Went to it a few years ago when they had Billy Ocean, Andy Bell from Erasure and Heaven 17.

A particular 'highlight' was a DJ set from Gok Wan, which was basically him waving at the crowd and taking selfies.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I'd be tempted to go for peat and diesel and the snuts.

frankblack
49 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yeah, if they weren't playing Usher Hall would have gone but nothing else for me worth seeing.

Went to it a few years ago when they had Billy Ocean, Andy Bell from Erasure and Heaven 17.

A particular 'highlight' was a DJ set from Gok Wan, which was basically him waving at the crowd and taking selfies.

I have tickets for Let's Rock Scotland which was for June 2020.  Originally that had a number of bands I wanted to see, but its rearranged for August and OMD and others dropped out due to clashes in their schedule and haven't been adequately replaced.  Adam Ant is still good live, along with The Beat (Dave Wakeling's band).  Struggling beyond that.

I did manage to get tickets for Madness (Squeeze supporting) at the Hydro for December, and bagged priority lounge access with it.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I have tickets for Let's Rock Scotland which was for June 2020.  Originally that had a number of bands I wanted to see, but its rearranged for August and OMD and others dropped out due to clashes in their schedule and haven't been adequately replaced.  Adam Ant is still good live, along with The Beat (Dave Wakeling's band).  Struggling beyond that.

I did manage to get tickets for Madness (Squeeze supporting) at the Hydro for December, and bagged priority lounge access with it.

Guess that is going to be an issue with a number of shows where bands have pushed back gigs on numerous occasions and then there are clashes.

Also, there are a few gigs I or mates have bought tickets where i

I bet we miss as forgot we bought them....

frankblack
6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Guess that is going to be an issue with a number of shows where bands have pushed back gigs on numerous occasions and then there are clashes.

Also, there are a few gigs I or mates have bought tickets where i

I bet we miss as forgot we bought them....

True, I had to ask a mate about one of the rearranged Jesus and Mary Chain gigs that has been rearranged twice as they added extra dates and I wasn't sure which date was ours!

I try to accept events to my facebook and whenever gigs get rearranged add to my phone's calendar.

Edited by frankblack

26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

True, I had to ask a mate about one of the rearranged Jesus and Mary Chain gigs that has been rearranged twice as they added extra dates and I wasn't sure which date was ours!

I try to accept events to my facebook and whenever gigs get rearranged add to my phone's calendar.

I usually add to our Family Calendar or Songkick but never bothered when gigs got rearranged.

Not sure I can say I was too busy to do so...

frankblack
45 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I usually add to our Family Calendar or Songkick but never bothered when gigs got rearranged.

Not sure I can say I was too busy to do so...

Just a couple of clicks on Facebook to add event to your calendar.

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

The original lineup was pretty good. Sadly, The Beat are also not at the re-arranged concert. Instead, we are getting T'Pau and Lulu. 🤢

Edited by Gizmo

frankblack
18 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The original lineup was pretty good. Sadly, The Beat are also not at the re-arranged concert. Instead, we are getting T'Pau and Lulu. 🤢

I missed that.  Bad Manners got added for The Beat.