Hickey being linked with Celtic

Ecce Romanov

3 hours ago, FTH said:

So celtic hatched a dastardly plan to let Hickey leave and join Hearts all the while carefully orchestrating his move to Serie A just so that he could eventually sign for...celtic, the club where he was in the first place?

He was with Hearts in the first place.

Celtic afterwards and then back to Hearts.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Rogue Daddy

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TyphoonJambo
49 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Dumb question but does the new Celtic manager even know who Hickey is?

Does he even know where Parkheid is?

JamboNation

I hope this is true in a way it shows that Eddie Howe can't be that great of he's happy to go with the recycling of SPFL transfer targets 

Hearts1975
On 14/05/2021 at 20:52, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Overrated 

He ain’t overrated - he is a very good player , and still to realise his full potential! 

No Idle Talk

It wouldn't be nice to see Hickey in the Celtic team and doing well but that's football I suppose. 

I don't think we've lost out too badly. Stephen Kingsley is very good and will show it next season.

Jamtastico
On 15/05/2021 at 09:56, thewiseone said:

Call me cynical but understanding the underhand nature of football and  Scottish football, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole Hickey affair has been carefully planned long before he was ever in our team.

Nothing in the world of transfers in football operates in  how we think or are lead to believe it's done!

As conspiracy theories go... This is right up there!

• 1 month later...

He is aware of their interest

Aaron Hickey breaks silence on Celtic transfer link as Bologna youngster admits he's 'aware' - Glasgow Live

Aaron Hickey insists he isn't interested in any rumours linking him with a move to Celtic and is just focused on life in Italy.

The former Hearts youngster has impressed at the Serie A outfit and was nominated for the Golden Boy award last week, but has regularly been linked with a return home.

Celtic appear to be the likely destination with the boyhood Hoops fan previously admitting he would be interested in joining the club.

The Hoops are in need of a new left back after Diego Laxalt returned to AC Milan with just Greg Taylor there as a current option in that position.

But Hickey insists he's only focused on Bologna and will just keep his head down and keep working because he can't effect any speculation about his future and a move to Celtic

Speaking to Scotland HQ, he said: “Well I am fully aware that there has been interest.

I can see it all – but I have just got to keep my head down and keep my full focus on Bologna just now.”

Hickey only moved to Italy last summer and reportedly turned down a move to Celtic to head abroad.

He impressed for the Serie A side but suffered a shoulder injury that ended his season early in March.

Guest ToqueJambo

It would be a very Celtic thing to try to sign Hickey for a pittance while at the same time forking out 4 or 5m per player on sub-standard foreign players, only to try to sign him for 4 or 5 times that much for him later.

They could have had McGinn and Hickey for 5-6m for the two of them. If they'd done that they'd probably have won another title. Instead they forked out 4-5m each for players like Barkas, Klimala and Ajeti. Even if they'd taken Turnbull while injured and got him fit again themselves, he would have been playing for them sooner. Crazy how they spunk 4-5m on foreign players without blinking and go to huge lengths not to pay decent fees for Scots.

Edited by ToqueJambo

jamboinglasgow

Why do I get the feeling that Celtic will constantly put out they are interested in Hickey to placate fans "see we are looking for the best Scottish talent." But will never make a serious move for him.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Why do I get the feeling that Celtic will constantly put out they are interested in Hickey to placate fans "see we are looking for the best Scottish talent." But will never make a serious move for him.

In HIckey's case they literally had him on their books!

45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It would be a very Celtic thing to try to sign Hickey for a pittance while at the same time forking out 4 or 5m per player on sub-standard foreign players, only to try to sign him for 4 or 5 times that much for him later.

They could have had McGinn and Hickey for 5-6m for the two of them. If they'd done that they'd probably have won another title. Instead they forked out 4-5m each for players like Barkas, Klimala and Ajeti. Even if they'd taken Turnbull while injured and got him fit again themselves, he would have been playing for them sooner. Crazy how they spunk 4-5m on foreign players without blinking and go to huge lengths not to pay decent fees for Scots.

If they wanted to do that they would have signed him from us and not wait until he moved to Italy. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Listen if Celtic can’t get Hickey, they can just look back to the club where he came from, Hearts. We’ve got another terrific young left back by the name of Andrew Halliday available for a bargain price 

Tommy Brown
On 15/05/2021 at 10:55, FTH said:

So celtic hatched a dastardly plan to let Hickey leave and join Hearts all the while carefully orchestrating his move to Serie A just so that he could eventually sign for...celtic, the club where he was in the first place?

Cunning

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Suspect they will be equally if not more concerned about giving another Scottish team a leg up - the modus operandi seems to be to preserve the duopoly at all costs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Suspect they will be equally if not more concerned about giving another Scottish team a leg up - the modus operandi seems to be to preserve the duopoly at all costs. 

Idiotic whatever their rationale is. £15m for Barkas, Klimala and Ajeti or £6m for Hickey and McGinn? That money wouldn't help Hearts or Hibs get close to Celtic or Rangers.

Japan Jambo
34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Idiotic whatever their rationale is. £15m for Barkas, Klimala and Ajeti or £6m for Hickey and McGinn? That money wouldn't help Hearts or Hibs get close to Celtic or Rangers.

It would put them head and shoulders above the rest. Granted the 8 games against the OF would probably still do the job of crushing anyone who was getting uppity. 

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They can't afford John McGinn now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Napoli supposedly interested in Hickey. That would be a great move for him and certainly suggests that he's made a mark in Serie A last season.

Robbo-Jambo
On 15/05/2021 at 10:55, FTH said:

Sounds feasible to me.

🤣🤣🤣

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Napoli supposedly interested in Hickey. That would be a great move for him and certainly suggests that he's made a mark in Serie A last season.

Read this a few days ago. From what I remember it was someone formerly associated with Napoli (a coach?) who said that Hickey was a player they should go for.  

Phil D. Corners

Just a personal opinion but I would like to see young Scots making a real go of it on the continent.  

Really hope Hickey, Irving etc. last more then one season. 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He's made it known he wants to join Celtic apparently.  Wish him all the worst at that shit tip. 

He's a Celtic fan but has his head screwed on and comes from a grounded family. Anything he does is with a view to developing as a player. I'd be surprised if a move to Celtic is likely, also given that Celtic won't be big spenders in light of cover and a decline in European income. One of the reasons for their new manager, looking for value in lesser known leagues.

11 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Just a personal opinion but I would like to see young Scots making a real go of it on the continent.  

Very much this, said similar on the Irving thread. Look forward to the day when we see loads of young Scottish laddies not afraid to ply their trade throughout Europe, enjoying the lifestyles and different cultures without worrying about the Glasgow goldfish bowl. 

mellors1874

Hope Celtic do sign him as anyone of our wingers would rip him for arse paper.

Still have images of Motherwell winger ripping him apart and the amount of crosses that came in Vs Hibs was laughable.

Edited by mellors1874

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 21/06/2021 at 17:53, ToqueJambo said:

Their acquisition of Barkas, when they already had Craig Gordon on their books, was the most bizarre part of all that, Not that any of us will be complaining, of course.

ToadKiller Dog

I'm guessing this is more celtic friendly media starting rumours than reality .

My Guess Hickey is looking for more than a mid level career at celtic ,he could do much better or at least give it a go .

Rick Sanchez

If Hickey signs for Celtic I wish him the very worst of luck and a shite career. If not, all the very best to him.

It's that petty and that simple.

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, EH11 said:

He's a Celtic fan but has his head screwed on and comes from a grounded family. Anything he does is with a view to developing as a player. I'd be surprised if a move to Celtic is likely, also given that Celtic won't be big spenders in light of cover and a decline in European income. One of the reasons for their new manager, looking for value in lesser known leagues.

This is my understanding too, he seems to be very well advised in his career by his dad, I would not be surprised to see him at Celtic at some point but not for a good few years yet.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

I would be very disappointed if Hickey joined any Scottish club given the chance of making it in Serie A. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, mellors1874 said:

Hope Celtic do sign him as anyone of our wingers would rip him for arse paper.

Still have images of Motherwell winger ripping him apart and the amount of crosses that came in Vs Hibs was laughable.

We have wingers?

Who are better than the players Hickey has faced in Serie A?

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I would be very disappointed if Hickey joined any Scottish club given the chance of making it in Serie A. 

Can't see it, Hickey left Celtic to come to us because he cares about his career. He was willing to take a longer term view to back himself. He's not a Si Ferry/ Paul Slane/ Jake Hastie type who just wants to make up the numbers in the OF reserves. Paper talk has him linked with Napoli who have regularly pushed top 3 in recent years. 

There isn't a hope in hell of him being interested in Celtic at this point in his career. His aspirations will be to play at the highest level. That could well be England, he could also be cut from the same cloth as Ryan Gauld and like continental football. 

I think Celtic have missed the boat on this laddie in the same way they did McGinn. Too interested in keeping other Scottish clubs poor than paying the going rate for top young talent. 

Biscuit tin tramps. 

stevie1874
1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

This is my understanding too, he seems to be very well advised in his career by his dad, I would not be surprised to see him at Celtic at some point but not for a good few years yet.

Agree, it would be the worst possible time for him to sign for Celtic. Most of their better players are being linked as wanting away, Celtic could be on a downer for a few years due to Lennon 😁 Big season for them and so much hinges on the new boss?

So, Celtic are willing to pay much more now than what they could’ve given us a year ago.  But more bizarrely, Doig is regarded as a £4/5m player but hickey less. Seriously!!!  

Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

So, Celtic are willing to pay much more now than what they could’ve given us a year ago.  But more bizarrely, Doig is regarded as a £4/5m player but hickey less. Seriously!!!  

Agree. Really cant see him going to shellick... especially for the sums mentioned. He went to Bologna on the understanding that he was back-up to left back position... and ended up making it his own until injury stopped him. 3-4 mill?... nope, why would they sell when they could get double this in another year (if he plays)? Calling BS on The Sun... nothing new there.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Batistuta87
On 14/05/2021 at 16:58, John Findlay said:

No, he hasn't played for at least 2 months now.

They like him a lot over there. He's been doing very well and had been playing regularly until he needed surgery on a shoulder injury which saw him miss their last 10 or so games. I don't think he's back in training yet either and I believe is still in Scotland doing some rehabilitation. 

I genuinely think that moving to Celtic at this stage would stall his career. I think he would be much better staying in Italy and putting himself in the spotlight in a tougher league. If he plays well and becomes a regular for Bologna then he'll quickly find himself in the Scotland team and on the radar of the likes of Napoli, Inter, AC Milan and Juve who pay good money to buy players who are doing well at other teams in Serie A. 

Edited by Batistuta87

32 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree. Really cant see him going to shellick... especially for the sums mentioned. He went to Bologna on the understanding that he was back-up to left back position... and ended up making it his own until injury stopped him. 3-4 mill?... nope, why would they sell when they could get double this in another year (if he plays)? Calling BS on The Sun... nothing new there.

Bad move for Hickey in my opinion, but don’t be surprised if he has been tapped up by Cellik and plays the old home sick card.

They've already got Greg Taylor and now they have apparently turned their attention to Kenneth Paal who is also a LWB. Perhaps they've been priced out. 

ford donald
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

They are quoting a figure of 3.5m for Hickey,I think he is worth twice that.

35 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Bologna are rumoured to be in for Kolarov (inter have offered him a new contract at 50% of his last) so the expectation is that either Hickey or Dijks will move on if they do get Kolarov

Rogue Daddy
36 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Bologna are rumoured to be in for Kolarov (inter have offered him a new contract at 50% of his last) so the expectation is that either Hickey or Dijks will move on if they do get Kolarov

Hmm, I hope not! A quick look on Sky Sports Italia, I can't see anything regarding Hickey - just what you said above, trying to sign Arnautovic and Van Hooydonk. I would hope that they are referring to Hickey when they say 'a guide for the youngest of the rossoblù'.

SKY SPORTS ITALIA

9:00 amJune 27

Kolarov, future still in the balance

The future of Aleksandar Kolarov is not yet known  , who after a season in Milan is reflecting on the possibility of changing shirts. On the table there is a renewal proposal with Inter  that the full-back is considering: but there is also an offer from  Bologna , with Mihajlovic who would see him well as a guide for the youngest of the rossoblù team. Meanwhile, the Serbian evaluates what to do, and in the coming days his future could be defined.

If they manage to sign Kolarov then I'd imagine they'll cash in on Dijks while he's still got a decent bit on his contract and at a relatively good age. He's also not that good from what I saw last season so wouldn't be missed too much. 

Kolarov would obviously be great for Hickey to learn from and add some leadership and experience to what is an extremely young squad so hopefully that goes through.  

Rogue Daddy
28 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

If they manage to sign Kolarov then I'd imagine they'll cash in on Dijks while he's still got a decent bit on his contract and at a relatively good age. He's also not that good from what I saw last season so wouldn't be missed too much. 

Kolarov would obviously be great for Hickey to learn from and add some leadership and experience to what is an extremely young squad so hopefully that goes through.  

Yeah, that was my thinking... however, Kolarov is now 35 - so I'm just wondering how 'interested' they actually are. Maybe they see him as a 'free' back up to either Hickey or Dijks. On the face of it, they would be better sticking with Hickey, you would have thought. Younger, worth more and probably more receptive to advice from the older Kolarov.