Hickey being linked with Celtic

Ecce Romanov

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Will the seethe be the same for Hickey as it was for Lafferty for wanting to play for his boyhood heroes? 

Oh my god you actually love the rangers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Rogue Daddy

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Mental some of the stuff people bring up on here isnt it. 

1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

He ate hibs h. The heartburn is bound to make him a touch grouchy

🤣 well played

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oh my god, you're obsessed and mind numbingly boring. 💤

PS. I was a Hibs fan on here yesterday. 😃

5 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Calling pish on this one. He was touted for a Scotland call-up a couple of weeks ago - as we all know, any non-OF player being touted for the national squad, is thereby automatically linked with one of the uglies (no-one else is worthy). It's standard practice for our sychophantic press.

That's been the case for years. 🙁

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh my god, you're obsessed and mind numbingly boring. 💤

PS. I was a Hibs fan on here yesterday. 😃

I'm obsessed? You're the one bringing up Lafferty and the rangers on a Hickey and Celtic thread!

Perth to Paisley
3 hours ago, sadj said:

If a girlfriend is a reason to leave Serie A then you have to question his ambition. I would imagine its pish. End of the day if you are playing regularly in Serie A at 18 you have the world at your feet if you want it. He by all accounts has slotted in fine there and I think it would be crazy to give that up when if he continues to develop as he has he will get far bigger and better offers than the Scottish League and Celtic.

Livescore shows most serie A games for free....assuming you don't have Premier Sports.

You may havevto deposit £1 in a bet account these days.

Bologna made an investment in Hickey and they will want to develop him and cash in when he's ready to step up. 

For that reason I cannot see Bologna selling him for less than £4-5million considering they paid £1.6million or whatever 12 months ago.

Secondly, we get a percentage of any sale, so Bologna aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot by selling to Celtic, who imo wouldn't be paying £4-5million for an 18 Yr old Left Back when they have Greg Taylor. 

I'd add that they won't be selling Eduoard for £20million and replacing him with a striker who was playing in the Championship 12months ago. 

It's just pure made up nonsense. 

If Celtic are spending megabucks this summer, they won't be spunking the best part of £10million on two Scottish players who are not experienced or established Internationals. They'll be spending that cash on proven quality who can get them competing with Rangers. 

Perth to Paisley
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bologna made an investment in Hickey and they will want to develop him and cash in when he's ready to step up. 

For that reason I cannot see Bologna selling him for less than £4-5million considering they paid £1.6million or whatever 12 months ago.

Secondly, we get a percentage of any sale, so Bologna aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot by selling to Celtic, who imo wouldn't be paying £4-5million for an 18 Yr old Left Back when they have Greg Taylor. 

I'd add that they won't be selling Eduoard for £20million and replacing him with a striker who was playing in the Championship 12months ago. 

It's just pure made up nonsense. 

If Celtic are spending megabucks this summer, they won't be spunking the best part of £10million on two Scottish players who are not experienced or established Internationals. They'll be spending that cash on proven quality who can get them competing with Rangers. 

As said earlier it just the 'papers' dropping a good news story the weekend set aside in their tiny heads to celebrate the 10.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm obsessed? You're the one bringing up Lafferty and the rangers on a Hickey and Celtic thread!

Yes.👍

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Is he a regular starter in Italy? Haven't been keeping tabs on him of late.

No, he hasn't played for at least 2 months now.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Hes been injured hasnt he?

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Livescore shows most serie A games for free....assuming you don't have Premier Sports.

You may havevto deposit £1 in a bet account these days.

Cheers PtP 👍🏻

John Findlay
Just now, sadj said:

Hes been injured hasnt he?

Yes, did he not catch Covid?

Just now, John Findlay said:

Thanks. Has a £5m val on transfermarkt which is pretty decent so must be doing something right. Celtic move would not shock me.

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Thanks. Has a £5m val on transfermarkt which is pretty decent so must be doing something right. Celtic move would not shock me.

Aye , Bologna are sitting going hmmm Scottish papers say we are willing to let that young lad Hickey who is in the list of top prospects in the world go for couple Mil because its Celtic.....

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye , Bologna are sitting going hmmm Scottish papers say we are willing to let that young lad Hickey who is in the list of top prospects in the world go for couple Mil because its Celtic.....

I doubt they would let him away but is he a jungle jim? 

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I doubt they would let him away but is he a jungle jim? 

Doesnt matter to them if he is.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Doesnt matter to them if he is.

Hickey might be open to a move if he's a sellick man was my point. 

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Hickey might be open to a move if he's a sellick man was my point. 

I know what your point was Jack. It doesnt matter though. If Celtic get him itll be because its in the interests of Bologna snd not Celtic. 

Edited by sadj

Just now, sadj said:

I know what your point was Jack. It doesnt matter though. If Celtic get him itll be because its in the interests of Bologna snd not Celtic. 

For sure. I would stay in Italy but he's a bit young at 18 to have made that move imo. 

36 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He did test positive earlier in the season but he's played since. His season was ended by a shoulder injury(iirc) a couple of months ago

You would think we have a sell on for this, which means we would be due at least 400k if the deal goes through and is 4m. Good player, he probably has learned alot in italy. Would have preffered if he stayed there and developed more, up to him and his club though.

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Tabloid pish. Bologna will only sell him for a price Sellick couldn’t afford. 

Naaaaa , Bologna are there to seeve their Celtic masters 🤣🤣🤣

There's a growing list of players Celtic could have signed but just weren't quite prepared to pay the going rate. 

Ivan Toney they could have got for around £11 million is quoted at £25 million minimum a year later. Who knows what John McGinn could go for though I see him staying at Villa. 

Eddie Howe can possibly work his magic to keep the money spent down.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's a growing list of players Celtic could have signed but just weren't quite prepared to pay the going rate. 

Ivan Toney they could have got for around £11 million is quoted at £25 million minimum a year later. Who knows what John McGinn could go for though I see him staying at Villa. 

Is Eddie Howe going there?

SkabalaJam

The decision to move to Bologna took a lot of careful consideration by Hickey, supported by his family. I have dealt with his father before, no fool, professional and has a successful business. He has relocated to Italy to support the transition so has also invested a lot into his sons future. So far the move has been successful for him, probably more than what he was anticipating. Can't see him coming home yet. Perhaps after a poor seasons with limited opportunities. The only way I can see him returning is of the opportunity simply wasn't working out as they had envisaged. Don't think it is a case of celtic clicking their fingers and he'll come running. 

Edited by SkabalaJam

Just now, smiler said:

Is the laddie injured or something, haven’t seen him featured on Bet365 when Bologna are playing.

@Rogue Daddy  they’re one of my corners teams lol

Started most games til he got Covid. On the bench after that and then shoulder surgery ruled him out for the season. 

Just now, Zico said:

Started most games til he got Covid. On the bench after that and then shoulder surgery ruled him out for the season. 

Ah right cheers. I know he was starting most games when he moved there and was quite chuffed for him tbh.

I always got the impression that Hickey's dad was more keen on Celtic than Hickey himself.  I think he should stay where he is.  It is a much more competitive league than our joke and a much higher standard all round.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I always got the impression that Hickey's dad was more keen on Celtic than Hickey himself.  I think he should stay where he is.  It is a much more competitive league than our joke and a much higher standard all round.

Don’t Bologna get hammered most weeks. Can’t be good for his confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Don’t Bologna get hammered most weeks. Can’t be good for his confidence. 

They're mid table. Score lots, concede shitloads.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Thanks kept an eye until Xmas time seem to be getting pumped a lot. 

24 minutes ago, Homme said:

Like most teams in serie A. It’s a BTTS goldmine!

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, smiler said:

Is the laddie injured or something, haven’t seen him featured on Bet365 when Bologna are playing.

@Rogue Daddy  they’re one of my corners teams lol

😃ha ha, need to remember that👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Given that he could have moved to Celtic last year and has already got first team games in SerieA this season why on earth would he move back to that shithole?

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Even more ridiculous when you consider that they spent 7 mil on Jullien 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

That and having to get a shoulder op.

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Given that he could have moved to Celtic last year and has already got first team games in SerieA this season why on earth would he move back to that shithole?

I made the same point but you are much more eloquent.

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Shit player, shit story.

Probably is a shit story but you're first part is utter shit too. You're entitled to your opinion but I honestly can't work out if you are a wind up merchant or just a 🛎 end🤔

thewiseone

Call me cynical but understanding the underhand nature of football and  Scottish football, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole Hickey affair has been carefully planned long before he was ever in our team.

Nothing in the world of transfers in football operates in  how we think or are lead to believe it's done!

54 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Call me cynical but understanding the underhand nature of football and  Scottish football, I wouldn't be surprised if this whole Hickey affair has been carefully planned long before he was ever in our team.

Nothing in the world of transfers in football operates in  how we think or are lead to believe it's done!

So celtic hatched a dastardly plan to let Hickey leave and join Hearts all the while carefully orchestrating his move to Serie A just so that he could eventually sign for...celtic, the club where he was in the first place?

2 hours ago, FTH said:

So celtic hatched a dastardly plan to let Hickey leave and join Hearts all the while carefully orchestrating his move to Serie A just so that he could eventually sign for...celtic, the club where he was in the first place?

And with a plot like that, Martin Compston will be lined up to play Hickey in the movie version...