• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Rogue Daddy

• GavK1012

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully we were bright enough to stick something in. Even 10%, could go a long way to getting a player we really want. 

hmfc_liam06

Celtic have a promising youth coming through, I think they'd possibly go with Taylor and then the young lad Montgomery as backup.

Seems a bit of a non-starter for me.

Rogue Daddy

Calling pish on this one. He was touted for a Scotland call-up a couple of weeks ago - as we all know, any non-OF player being touted for the national squad, is thereby automatically linked with one of the uglies (no-one else is worthy). It's standard practice for our sychophantic press.

14 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Really? That’s probably the start of a serious rebuild then given he won’t be cheap?

According to the media they would need to stump up £4 million to get him.

Not bad considering they paid £1,5 million or thereabouts.

Hopefully we have a sell-on clause which might allow us to pay for a player rather than the bargain basement stuff.

Probably a flyer from the Agent, I hope it's not because he's missing square sausage etc.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Calling pish on this one. He was touted for a Scotland call-up a couple of weeks ago - as we all know, any non-OF player being touted for the national squad, is thereby automatically linked with one of the uglies (no-one else is worthy). It's standard practice for our sychophantic press.

Was he not injured and out for the rest of the season?

I'm calling pish,I seriously doubt Bologna would sell for £4m at the moment because given another year or two of playing in serie A he will be worth more than double that, if he continues to progress the way he has already. 

Hopefully there is a sell-on clause in there for us too 

Rogue Daddy
Just now, wavydavy said:

Correct. Also, they smeltic could have had him for more than half that amount last season. Personally, I think Bologna would want more (if they're happy to cash in)... he was holding down a regular place prior to his injury - when he was only supposed to be back up. Cannae see it.

jamboinglasgow

Smacks of Celtic giving names to the media to keep the fans happy so as to distract from why Howe has not signed to be manager yet. 

Though I always get a sense from Celtic and their fans a bit of indignation that Hickey didn't choose to go to them.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

In the hearts documentary hickey was discussed and I’m sure they mentioned something they had been pushing Bologna on so hopefully was related to a sell on

If he has any sense he'll stay and learn his trade in Italy.   I think he is better suited to where he is than the hustle bustle of Scottish football.  

SectionDJambo

If Hickey moves onto Celtic, one thing is for sure. Celtic would not have paid Hearts anything like the fee Bolongna paid for him. They would have got him on contract expiry.

So, in the unlikely event he goes there now, he will cost Celtic a few million more than if they had managed to tap him from Hearts. 

Rick James

Same article claims Celtic also after Nisbet from Hibs. Guess who Celtic play at the weekend?

A loan spell maybe, but can't see Hickey going there at all. He's had appearances at Bologna this season until his injury and genuinely seems happy out there. A return to Scotland so soon, unless only temporary, isn't going to benefit his career.

Glamorgan Jambo

Hickey has been very consistent in how he's managed his career. Maximum first team football at the highest level possible. Assuming he gets over his injury he's looking at 20 - 25 games in Serie A next season. Assuming he was first choice LB at Selleck even playing 35 games in the SPFL would only be returning him to what he did with us.

I'm calling the silly season on this rumour.

Pasquale for King

Amazing how a club without a DoF or manager is apparently interested in Hickey, who for all his progression would really need to be far better going forward than he currently is to play for them. 

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Maybe hickey is homesick. Is still a young boy. New manager coming in at Bologna too

Added to Covid meaning he’s probably been alone a lot.  If anything we should try get him on loan for six months. 

Just now, RENE said:

Doubt if Howe would be interested be interested in either Hickey or Nisbet.

Doubt it would really appeal to their support either. 

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, Locky said:

Same article claims Celtic also after Nisbet from Hibs. Guess who Celtic play at the weekend?

A loan spell maybe, but can't see Hickey going there at all. He's had appearances at Bologna this season until his injury and genuinely seems happy out there. A return to Scotland so soon, unless only temporary, isn't going to benefit his career.

In a dead rubber.

Always wonder why and how clubs are interested in players when they don't even have a manager in the role ? Unless there is a new manager incoming and he is interested or is it the board and the scouts who are interested in him and the new manager coming in has no say in this.

@Pasquale for King Just scrolled up and seen your post 😛

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, RENE said:

Doubt if Howe would be interested in joining these stinking vermin *****.

FTFY

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Always wonder why and how clubs are interested in players when they don't even have a manager in the role ? Unless there is a new manager incoming and he is interested or is it the board and the scouts who are interested in him and the new manager coming in has no say in this.

@Pasquale for King Just scrolled up and seen your post 😛

Great minds eh 😜

heartsfc_fan

We could potentially pocket £400k-£800k from sell on if Hickey goes. Good money for us.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We could potentially pocket £400k-£800k from sell on if Hickey goes. Good money for us.

If we insisted a sell on clause, that’s not a certainty. 

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Shoulder injury that required sn operation. Out for the rest of season

He played a lot more than an 18 year old defender in Serie A was expected to do.

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Maybe hickey is homesick. Is still a young boy. New manager coming in at Bologna too

I follow calcio very closely and haven't had a whiff of that

To the contrary Mihajlovic was in Gazzetta recently praising him.

My Italian contacts would have flagged that up for sure.

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Added to Covid meaning he’s probably been alone a lot.  If anything we should try get him on loan 

His dad is out there with him.

A lot of his teammates speak English and he is learning Italian.

Possibly pressure from mum/girlfriend who are still here.

Think its newspaper desperate to give celtic fans a good news story the weekend they should have been celebrating the 10.

Returning to Scotland would be a huge retrograde step.

But its Italy .... and anything can happen!

Forever Hearts

Will the seethe be the same for Hickey as it was for Lafferty for wanting to play for his boyhood heroes? 

Edited by Forever Hearts

8 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Shoulder injury that required sn operation. Out for the rest of season

He played a lot more than an 18 year old defender in Serie A was expected to do.

I follow calcio very closely and haven't had a whiff of that

To the contrary Mihajlovic was in Gazzetta recently praising him.

My Italian contacts would have flagged that up for sure.

His dad is out there with him.

A lot of his teammates speak English and he is learning Italian.

Possibly pressure from mum/girlfriend who are still here.

Think its newspaper desperate to give celtic fans a good news story the weekend they should have been celebrating the 10.

Returning to Scotland would be a huge retrograde step.

But its Italy .... and anything can happen!

Sound mate, cheers for sharing. 

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Will the seethe be the same for Hickey as it was for Lafferty for wanting to play for his boyhood heroes? 

I wouldn’t care. Would have had more of a issue if went directly there since they were trying to lowball us

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sound mate, cheers for sharing. 

If a girlfriend is a reason to leave Serie A then you have to question his ambition. I would imagine its pish. End of the day if you are playing regularly in Serie A at 18 you have the world at your feet if you want it. He by all accounts has slotted in fine there and I think it would be crazy to give that up when if he continues to develop as he has he will get far bigger and better offers than the Scottish League and Celtic.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

If a girlfriend is a reason to leave Serie A then you have to question his ambition. I would imagine its pish. End of the day if you are playing regularly in Serie A at 18 you have the world at your feet if you want it. He by all accounts has slotted in fine there and I think it would be crazy to give that up when if he continues to develop as he has he will get far bigger and better offers than the Scottish League and Celtic.

You can’t ever tell what’s going through the head of someone 18/19 especially in lockdown and especially when all his mates will be hitting pubs and clubs as soon as possible and he’s in Italy with his dad but suppose that’s the sacrifice of a professional footballer but these are extraordinary circumstances at the moment although it’s probably just a rumour regardless.  

upgotheheads

I'm guessing that he now speaks pretty good Italian, has made some friends, and is enjoying the adventure. It would be a sad thing for him to chuck it up now for the joys of the east-end of Glasgow.

Rick James
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

In a dead rubber.

Maybe so, but it still happens all the same...

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Untrue.  He’s a smashing young player. 

Definite potential and stood out like a sore thumb for his age but long way to go for me until I would be getting excited. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Untrue.  He’s a smashing young player. 

Yes he is and in relation to your reply. No you can’t but its a short career and if you are ambitious who you support etc doesn’t come into it. He has potential to go further that wont be achieved by putting a partner before football (if there is any truth in that idea)