Litter dropping Ba$£@£ds

Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, SecN said:

It’s a regular occurrence that the bin lorry and its workers generate most of the litter in my street. I’m not sure the design of the trucks that pick up the big communal dumpsters is great and I’m often the rubbish is neither in the truck or the bin. The council staff don’t pick it up. 

I do agree with you to an extent, but it's the dropping of litter by the general public which l was meaning.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, inspector said:

I do agree with you to an extent, but it's the dropping of litter by the general public which l was meaning.

Without doubt.

When do people decide to just discard their litter?

A poster mentioned infant school kids. We all remember pulling sweet papers out of their clothes pockets before washing.

I guess about 10 years, then they never use a bin ever again.

The amount selfish thoughtless *******s we have in our society is astonishing.

I can partially accept being a teenage phase, when its adults i want to slap them.

Breathe

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Without doubt.

When do people decide to just discard their litter?

A poster mentioned infant school kids. We all remember pulling sweet papers out of their clothes pockets before washing.

I guess about 10 years, then they never use a bin ever again.

The amount selfish thoughtless *******s we have in our society is astonishing.

I can partially accept being a teenage phase, when its adults i want to slap them.

Breathe

The bit in bold, my mother always had to do this with my clothes, and my sisters, as we were taught to always pick up our litter.

There are plenty of adults who just dont care and as a consequence, they never teach their kids properly.

When my grandma was in her 80’s she saw a teenager drop rubbish. She went over told him to pick it up and put it in the bin. He picked it up, walked over to the bin and dropped it on the ground outside the bin. Well my gran was about 4’9” and scared of nothing. She marched over, grabbed his hood, shook it, told him to pick it up and put it in the bin which he eventually did. I tried to tell her how dangerous that was to her, that kids carry knives etc, she wasn’t having it and I’m sure she would have done it again.

I loathe litter dropping. I live on the edge of a town and often walk down country B roads with the edges covered in rubbish. Why can’t people take it home and pop it in the bin? I used to have pockets full of rubbish as a kid as we were taught never to drop it. 

crunchy frog

Years ago I was walking up Lothian Road and some guy in front of me and his burd were eating a pizza, just past a bin he dropped the pizza box on the pavement. I hoofed him right up the hole and told him if he didn't put it in the bucket I was going to give him a pasting right in front of his Doris. He complied sheepishly. I was livid.  

Don't think I would be as brave these days tbh.

Doctor FinnBarr
20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They've kicked the arse out of it, but tomorrow Glasgow Council tax payers will be paying for the clean up.

On 14/05/2021 at 17:21, Tommy Brown said:

Your right and @frankblack

Madness in the moment, i lost my cool.

I came out of the shop and older woman asked what that was all about.

I told her the story, but she confused me by telling me it was her car daughter.

Needless to say she didnt pick it up either.

50 yards down, they drove by blasting the horn and gave me the middle finger.

So his confrontational skills are even weaker than mine.

Im quite happy that it will most likely niggled them more than me when home.

Think i started a thread a few years ago when i confronted a young dog walker for leaving shit behind.

A couple of posters slaughtered me for it, the boy muttered abuse as he walked away. 

As long as your OK bud. Don't put yourself in trouble, it's not worth it. 👍

Like anything else it's the mindless moron minority. I do local litter picks where I live, half an hour a week always makes a difference and you get people walking past thanking you which is nice. Bought my own 'picker upper' from Amazon and the council supply strong bags. Leave what you collect next to a council bin and if it's in one of their coloured bags they collect it. It has grown from a small number doing this to over 750 in the group. There are now small groups meeting up to remove 'historic litter' from specific local countryside areas, crisp packets from the 1990s etc in areas that just can't be looked after properly by the council.

Some feel it is giving up just cleaning up behind people but I notice less new stuff appearing once I do a pick and it might make some people think seeing folk like me doing this.

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

That’s the weeg….completely acceptable and all part of the normal 

1 hour ago, mrcrisps said:

Like anything else it's the mindless moron minority. I do local litter picks where I live, half an hour a week always makes a difference and you get people walking past thanking you which is nice. Bought my own 'picker upper' from Amazon and the council supply strong bags. Leave what you collect next to a council bin and if it's in one of their coloured bags they collect it. It has grown from a small number doing this to over 750 in the group. There are now small groups meeting up to remove 'historic litter' from specific local countryside areas, crisp packets from the 1990s etc in areas that just can't be looked after properly by the council.

Some feel it is giving up just cleaning up behind people but I notice less new stuff appearing once I do a pick and it might make some people think seeing folk like me doing this.

:thumbsup:

I've noticed that too - if an area gets dirty, even if it's just poop bags, then other folk seem to think "Oh, it's ok to just chuck things down here" and the mess builds up. If you keep an area clean, it gets dirtier less quickly.

Sooperstar
On 14/05/2021 at 06:04, Salad Fingers said:

Well done for confronting them. Absolute scumbag behaviour. The ones I hate the most are those who sit in their cars stuffing their faces with fast food and can't seem to walk the ten yards to the bin so just open the door and drop their cartons, cups, napkins and leftover food right at the side of their cars and piss off. Scum. 

Should be an on the spot £1000 fine if caught. No contest. 

You're not really in a position to criticise. We all know the state you leave your own doorstep in.

Салатные палочки
7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You're not really in a position to criticise. We all know the state you leave your own doorstep in.

:touche:

Governor Tarkin
16 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Years ago I was walking up Lothian Road and some guy in front of me and his burd were eating a pizza, just past a bin he dropped the pizza box on the pavement. I hoofed him right up the hole and told him if he didn't put it in the bucket I was going to give him a pasting right in front of his Doris. He complied sheepishly. I was livid.  

Don't think I would be as brave these days tbh.

:pleasing:

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

I got loads of WhatsApp videos yesterday of them all scrapping amongst themselves, all the union jacks singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood etc. 
Dear oh dear oh dear....2021...😕
Loads of them all defending the behaviour and the mess on Twitter too. 
Id love a Scotland without the OF. 

Spellczech

Nothing more annoying that people who dump cans and plastic bottles out the window whilst driving on the M8 - not just stupid but dangerous. Usually they are Irn Bru drinkers

Spellczech
18 hours ago, Helzibob said:

When my grandma was in her 80’s she saw a teenager drop rubbish. She went over told him to pick it up and put it in the bin. He picked it up, walked over to the bin and dropped it on the ground outside the bin. Well my gran was about 4’9” and scared of nothing. She marched over, grabbed his hood, shook it, told him to pick it up and put it in the bin which he eventually did. I tried to tell her how dangerous that was to her, that kids carry knives etc, she wasn’t having it and I’m sure she would have done it again.

I loathe litter dropping. I live on the edge of a town and often walk down country B roads with the edges covered in rubbish. Why can’t people take it home and pop it in the bin? I used to have pockets full of rubbish as a kid as we were taught never to drop it. 

I keep a few bin bags in the boot of the car just in case we need them and there are no bins around. Always think of that when I see the state of beaches and parks on the news after a sunny day. It's not rocket science...

19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I keep a few bin bags in the boot of the car just in case we need them and there are no bins around. Always think of that when I see the state of beaches and parks on the news after a sunny day. It's not rocket science...

If you bring it then you take it away. Not exactly hard. 😏

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Totally agree, I always take a bin bag when going to the beach for the day. Whenever you speak with folk, everyone claims to do the same, which shows just how arsey people are. They know what they're doing is wrong, but still do it anyway.

My wife has a different technique: she has turned her car into a motorised wheely bin.