The Hammer of Hibs

StevenNaismith

Robbo-Jambo
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye.

He's respected by the Hibby, which speaks volumes about him. 

A privilege to have seen his entire Hearts career.

No chance there's a future Hearts player who will make the same impact on me in my lifetime as Robbo has.

I also had the absolute pleasure of witnessing his whole career and knew right then nobody would ever come close to him being my all time Hearts hero. 

An incredible wee player and a nice guy as well. 

Great to see him on the way back up. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Iirc didn’t Sir Paul first start to hit his best form under Robbo in 04-05 so probably a decent relationship there? Could be a shout? Not many better track records in terms of promotion getters. Wish Robbo all the best I’m sure he will find the right man for the job and get ICT back to the premier 

Don't want to be seem insensitive but does anyone know what happened in his family?  

2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

This.  The trophy cabinet might have been empty (until 98) but I feel privileged to have seen Hearts all time top goal scorer from beginning to end.  

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I also had the absolute pleasure of witnessing his whole career and knew right then nobody would ever come close to him being my all time Hearts hero. 

An incredible wee player and a nice guy as well. 

Great to see him on the way back up. 

👍

coatbridgejambo

His hearts career aside,he is just an absolute gem of a human being 

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

You take a lot of stick, i8.   Some justified.  Mostly though, it’s people targeting the poster rather than the post.

Your quoted post (above) is good stuff, imo.

I too, love the wee man.  💋 😍

I wouldn't have known 🤭 The man is the hero of my childhood right through to my teens. I missed many of his goals due to work commitments. I did see most of his derby goals as I made sure I got a derby day off. Delighted to see him back in the game in a new role.

4 hours ago, coatbridgejambo said:

His hearts career aside,he is just an absolute gem of a human being 

I absolutely second that.  👍

26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I wouldn't have known 🤭 The man is the hero of my childhood right through to my teens. I missed many of his goals due to work commitments. I did see most of his derby goals as I made sure I got a derby day off. Delighted to see him back in the game in a new role.

I thought I’d maybe mentioned it before.

Obviously not.  😎

therefsajambo

I remember when HE re signed. It was just after some euro tie which helped finance the deal if iirc .Got home at about 14 years old and saw the end of the news headlines with the boy saying there was a story coming on at the end of the programme about a young player returning to Scotland. The usual teaser line to keep you watching. I wasn't sure  how  but I remember my dad getting up the road from the pub sharpish after she foned him and when it came on that HE was indeed returning to tynecastle . Me n ma dad n ma brother all celebrated like hearts had just scored. The excitement of him coming back got me up early for my paper run . Read every story bout it on the way round. More than 30 years ago n can still feel the excitement from that. No Hearts player ever did it since. Should be in the dictionary...... Definition of legend.... what John Robertson is to hearts