The Hammer of Hibs

StevenNaismith

StevenNaismith

Good to see wee Robbo back involved at ICT, he has taken up the role of sporting director and the club are looking for a new Head Coach.

Edited by StevenNaismith

Has to be Neil.

Did very well in that short wee spell and I just have a feeling that a McCann/Robbo combination will work a treat up there.

Regardless, welcome back to the game, John.

Great news. Glad he's back. I'm sure Neil will want it and ICT won't look any further. Good for them, two good coaches, loads of experience there. 

jamboinglasgow

Seems the ideal solution for both sides. I think some can be given director of football roles as a token gesture but I do think wee Robbo will excel at the position (could allow us to send a few up North on loan.)

Fantastic for Robbo and maybe an opportunity for Neil McCann too. Big plus would be if Dodds becomes number 2 and is thus kept off TV co-commentary duties!

The Apprentice
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Great news. Glad he's back. I'm sure Neil will want it and ICT won't look any further. Good for them, two good coaches, loads of experience there. 

Apparently McCann recently knocked back the Falkirk job for some sort of ‘football advisors’ role if you believe the Sun so perhaps not...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7091730/neil-mccann-snubs-falkirk-approach/amp/

TyphoonJambo

Stone on loan, Robbo/McCann running the show. Sorted

11 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Apparently McCann recently knocked back the Falkirk job for some sort of ‘football advisors’ role if you believe the Sun so perhaps not...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7091730/neil-mccann-snubs-falkirk-approach/amp/

Falkirk are League 1 though. He could get ICT into the SPL next year. 

Das Viertel Hearts

A very good set up being put in place with all that considerable footballing knowledge - and for the record looks like a move by a thoughtful forward thinking organisation regarding the circumstances.  Well done ICT!!!    Will be on my list of places to visit for sure, and have the precious John Robertson signed ticket on the wall here in Deutschland!!!   Very much a fan of the 2 Thistles !!! : ) 

siegementality

If his health is not great then it’s the best decision all round (other than him coming back to Tynecastle). 

If only we could uncover another John Robertson.

Pasquale for King

Good to hear, hope we can give them a few players in loan as it would do the kids good. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Why is he no longer manger? I know about his recent loss. 

Because he's now the sporting director. 

I'm sure he do both roles tho, it's been tried before... 🤔

45 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I hope McCann gets the manager's position. 

He has something about him and I'll get pelters for saying this but I'd prefer him at Hearts to our current incumbent. 

I think quite a lot of the support are almost against having an ex Hearts player in principle because they specifically want someone who comes to the club with a completely fresh approach. Personally I rate McCann and feel he was harshly judged due to how things ended at Dundee. His competitiveness sometimes gets the better of him but he's an intelligent guy and could become a very decent manager in time IMO.

Could be wrong, but I imagine that if Caley are advertising for a head coach, McCann won't be staying.

If both parties were interested, you'd imagine that they'd just give him the job rather than externally advertising it. Could be way off the mark though.

Restonbabe
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Could be wrong, but I imagine that if Caley are advertising for a head coach, McCann won't be staying.

If both parties were interested, you'd imagine that they'd just give him the job rather than externally advertising it. Could be way off the mark though.

Don't they have to advertise it tho??

Hearts1975

Good to hear Robbo is back in some capacity - horrible what happened to him, but such is life. Welcome back wee man 👏👏👏

5 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Don't they have to advertise it tho??

Not necessarily. Plenty clubs just offer permanent roles to caretakers without an application process. Unless Caley just want to see what else is out there.

From the ICT statement it sounded like they had someone in mind for head coach 

sorry just seen the other post about applications. 

Edited by Newton51

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am too, mon ami. 

👍

I know.  👍

And, as you know, he’s an absolute hero of mine and my second favourite Hearts player ever.

Auld Reekin'

Good luck Robbo!   :icon14:

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

Who knows you could be right. The ICT board might just want to see who’s interested in the job. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because he's now the sporting director. 

I'm sure he do both roles tho, it's been tried before... 🤔

Only if they make him a full Board Director first........

Edited by Thomaso

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I hope McCann gets the manager's position. 

He has something about him and I'll get pelters for saying this but I'd prefer him at Hearts to our current incumbent. 

No pelters here. 

At least shows a bit of passion on the touchline for one thing and can only imagine he is more tactically aware than our present manager. 

Been out all day and just heard this. Great to see the wee man back in the game. My Hearts hero from yesteryear, well done Robbo ! Go wee man !

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Phage said:

At 40 it's only dawning on me now, how spoilt we were to watch the wee guy week in week out.

Agree. Imagine what he would be worth now if he was playing? Truly international class and could have fitted into any of the great Hearts teams. 

I love him so much. Primary school to high school he was my man likes.

Worship the guy.

:love:

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Worship the guy.

You take a lot of stick, i8.   Some justified.  Mostly though, it’s people targeting the poster rather than the post.

Your quoted post (above) is good stuff, imo.

I too, love the wee man.  💋 😍

6 hours ago, martoon said:

Has to be Neil.

Did very well in that short wee spell and I just have a feeling that a McCann/Robbo combination will work a treat up there.

Regardless, welcome back to the game, John.

McCann just taken on a new job so it won’t be him. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McCann just taken on a new job so it won’t be him. 

Haven't checked what Neil's new gig is but thanks for the update, bud.

👍

31 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Worship the guy.

I was 13/14 when Robbo made his debut.

He's like family.

Just now, martoon said:

He's like family.

I was younger. I was born in '77 so I was what, 6? I am thinking 1983?

I grew up loving him. My all time hero. **** Maradona (although really liked him too).

39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I was younger. I was born in '77 so I was what, 6? I am thinking 1983?

I grew up loving him. My all time hero. **** Maradona (although really liked him too).

I was at Robbo's debut, i8. 

We'd lost, infamously, 0-1 v. Forfar in the 1982 Scottish Cup on the Saturday. We then played a Division 1 game on the Wednesday v. QotS. 

Most of our Leith Academy mates were attending Hibs' Cup replay v. Dundee Utd but my mate Davy and I went to Tynecastle.

We won 4-1, the attendance was only 2k+ and, tbh, I have no recollection of Robbo that night.

It was a few years later I realised it was John's debut.

Hibs lost a last a gasp equaliser v. United that night and were pumped in the 2nd replay at ER 0-3.

Davy and I went to that 3rd Hibs/Utd game with those Hibs mates and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Apologies, the memories came flooding back. 😉

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, martoon said:

He's like family.

I love him more than most of my own family.  Got to see his career begin with us when I was 15 and what a player to have at that great formative period as a fan.  

Fans of other clubs never had a bad word to say about him as a player.  Even hobos can't dislike him for diving etc, only for making them hammering them.  

Legend 

6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I love him more than most of my own family.  Got to see his career begin with us when I was 15 and what a player to have at that great formative period as a fan.  

Fans of other clubs never had a bad word to say about him as a player.  Even hobos can't dislike him for diving etc, only for making them hammering them.  

Legend 

Aye.

He's respected by the Hibby, which speaks volumes about him. 

A privilege to have seen his entire Hearts career.

No chance there's a future Hearts player who will make the same impact on me in my lifetime as Robbo has.

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Aye.

He's respected by the Hibby, which speaks volumes about him. 

A privilege to have seen his entire Hearts career.

No chance there's a future Hearts player who will make the same impact on me in my lifetime as Robbo has.

This.  The trophy cabinet might have been empty (until 98) but I feel privileged to have seen Hearts all time top goal scorer from beginning to end.