Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Enjoying the fantasy stuff but, in the short term a new block of turnstiles for the wheatfield and a lick of paint for the three older stands would be grand.

And the roofs of the stand need a bloody jet wash looks ridiculous. 

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

30 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Enjoying the fantasy stuff but, in the short term a new block of turnstiles for the wheatfield and a lick of paint for the three older stands would be grand.

Congratulations EIEIO hope you had a great day.

Do you enter Tynecastle through the Wheatfield turnstiles?

38 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Congratulations EIEIO hope you had a great day.

Do you enter Tynecastle through the Wheatfield turnstiles?

No usually avoid wheatfield and enter via Gorgie Road.

I hope one day we have a decent size stadium that will takes us to a higher level than we currently are.....For those who are happy with our very small ground.....go and support the wee team with your wee mentality lol......We are Hearts...We are bigger than this and should always aim higher and never sit still. FTH

2 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I hope one day we have a decent size stadium that will takes us to a higher level than we currently are.....For those who are happy with our very small ground.....go and support the wee team with your wee mentality lol......We are Hearts...We are bigger than this and should always aim higher and never sit still. FTH

They have a slightly bigger capacity than us. 

On 21/09/2021 at 13:04, Stu_HMFC said:

And the roofs of the stand need a bloody jet wash looks ridiculous. 

Correct! When live on the box and they have long shots of outside Tynie or use drones, the back of the Roseburn is tinky as ....

Even painting the steps would be braw from a PR point of view to boot...wee things that really should have been sorted sometime ago...

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct, and Edinburgh has a population of 542,599. 

The majority have no interest Scottish football. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The majority have no interest Scottish football. 

Which is up to us to change. Edinburgh has a huge student population, many of whom will remain in the city after their studies have finished. There's an untapped market of prospective future supporters we could do with attracting.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Which is up to us to change. Edinburgh has a huge student population, many of whom will remain in the city after their studies have finished. There's an untapped market of prospective future supporters we could do with attracting.

As long as the sweaty tax dodging snowflakes pay the same price as the rest of us then fine 😄

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Students who come here have very little spare time as it is but I see your point.   Leaving the EU will see to a lot of people leaving after studies also. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Students who come here have very little spare time as it is but I see your point.   Leaving the EU will see to a lot of people leaving after studies also. 

🤔could turn the 2nd floor of the new stand into student accommodation?... your room includes a season ticket?

kidding. ..... Although.........

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Not just Edinburgh, populations aren’t expanding in East, Mid and West Lothian as well. The challenge is that most folk end up supporting their dad’s team so growing support isn’t easy. 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

🤔could turn the 2nd floor of the new stand into student accommodation?... your room includes a season ticket?

kidding. ..... Although.........

Links already in place with HWU obviously. 

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

As long as the sweaty tax dodging snowflakes pay the same price as the rest of us then fine 😄

Agreed. We should be charging kids the same price too. And OAPs.

I understand what you mean, I was a student many years ago myself and know the constraints it can put on your time. But I know of more than a few people who support Hearts because they studied here and made it along to the odd game when they could. If even 200 people out of 20,000 stay in the city after they're finished studying and decide to associate themselves with the club, it's beneficial in the long run.

Links already in place with HWU obviously. 

Quite. Beautiful views across the city, gets a bit noisy every other weekend, blah, blah, blah.....

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not just Edinburgh, populations aren’t expanding in East, Mid and West Lothian as well. The challenge is that most folk end up supporting their dad’s team so growing support isn’t easy. 

It's not easy and targeting people who've grown up here could well be a futile exercise. But Edinburgh does get a large number of students from around the UK and Europe who might not have any association with Scottish football. Edinburgh is an easy city to fall in love with and so is our football club. Particularly when you take our history into account.

Byyy The Light
Just now, Nunya Business said:

Agreed. We should be charging kids the same price too. And OAPs.

Glad we're on the same page. OAPs can get a discount as long as they can prove they are PHM and paid their dues over the years. Kids just ruin the atmosphere and stop some of my mates coming to the pub so full price for them.

Howdy Doody Jambo

The stadium improvement would be to change the Green carpet in the Sky lounge restaurant to any other colour or material, I just don't believe it somebody signed that off was a Hearts supporter 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

19 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The stadium improvement would be to change the Green carpet in the Sky lounge restaurant to any other colour or material, I just don't believe it somebody signed that off was a Hearts supporter 

I've been twice and never even noticed, saves me wiping my feet next time.

21 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I've been twice and never even noticed, saves me wiping my feet next time.

I’ve been three times and never noticed either. 🤔

2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Your last 3 letters would have been my response to you

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I do wonder if clubs banded together to back a 'back your local team' sort of campaign aimed at trying to kickstart more into following their local sides if that might help somewhat?

You know, trying to push the nothing else compares to the match day experience to try and bring fans into the grounds. Raise demand etc. 

I don't doubt for a second a talented marketer could put something solid together. 

4 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Very well put, tynecastle is far too small for a club hearts size  , a lot don't seem to see it that way.....edinburghs biggest and oldest club  should have a bigger ground.......remember crowds of 37000, standing obviously that could never happen now,       but we need a bigger stadium  to compete....with the weege, and others.....

27 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Very well put, tynecastle is far too small for a club hearts size  , a lot don't seem to see it that way.....edinburghs biggest and oldest club  should have a bigger ground.......remember crowds of 37000, standing obviously that could never happen now,       but we need a bigger stadium  to compete....with the weege, and others.....

you might just fill it playing them if you give them 10k tickets. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Whatever way you look at it , the grounds too small ? Lots on this forum are content with current size and capacity,   I'm thinking of more paying on the day of the game ,  even walk ups ?      It's more money for the club , 19/20 k   isn't big enough, not caring what others think  we're a bigger city club !    Not hibs or aberdeen or any small Dundee club"    we've a large following scattered all over ,and we should look at getting more in ,and at least think about possible safe standing, or more seats ......

On 20/09/2021 at 19:37, Ronald Villiers said:

I think talk of moving to a new stadium in crazy.  We've just built a new stand and Gorgie is where we belong.  I'd hate to have a stadium on the outskirts of the city, matchdays wouldn't be the same.  There's bound to be a way that we can use part of the current Wheatfield to build a bigger stand, moved further back to widen the pitch and remove some rows from the front of the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to increase pitch length.  I'm sure I read there was an issue with building the new stand too high as the council were against it.  It would be expensive no doubt but a less steep, deeper Wheatfield with around 12k seats would be perfect.  

The pitch size is hugely restricted by the towers that support the roofs. Years ago, the pitch was actually wider than it is now, but it was also shorter. The front row of seats was removed from the Gorgie and School End stands to allow the pitch to be lengthened a little bit, but it had to be narrowed at the same time or the corners would have been dangerously close to the towers.  Removing a few more rows to lengthen the pitch further would also cause problems for sightlines from both end stands as well as seats at the ends of the two longer stands.

The reality is that the pitch is going to stay the size it currently is for a very long time to come.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

What's the difference Ann usually allows them to have a full stand anyway? 

Maybe the club need to look at ways they are able to attract more supporters Dave, never seems to be a problem for the support to come out for semi finals and finals, though i do understand people have commitments etc. 

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Here are the average attendances at Tynecastle for a period that may be termed our Golden Era when we had a team winning leagues and cups.

Interesting reading.

6F84E6E6-ABF1-4B12-AF16-E92AC69F1366.jpeg

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

East and Midlothian are the local authorities who have the fastest growing populations in Scotland. I know a number of people who have moved to the Edinburgh area who regularly go to Tynecastle and Easter Road. 

10 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

You are absolutely correct. Smaller capacity means lost revenue. I have pointed out previously on this thread that a few years ago while playing at Murrayfield with a poor side we had 36,000 v Rangers, 26,000 v Aberdeen and crowds in excess of 20,000 for St Mirren and Kilmarnock. Hearts really need at least a 30,000 capacity hopefully at Tynecastle in order to achieve our potential. 

Edinburgh is a fast growing city at the moment. Our fan base has increased over the years. Feel we have to consider increasing stadium in 5 or more years time. But not have to maximise revenue from new stand first and finish it.

Medium term answer is fairly obvious in my opinion. Replace the roof with a counter leaver version with supports going in front of the main and wheatfield stands. This means the supports can be removed from beside the stands meaning the pitch can be lengthened 5 meters (2.5 each end) and widened 4 meters (2 each side) bringing the pitch to desired regulation size (might need to raise the pitch slightly losing maybe 1/1.5k in capacity) and then the corners can be filled in which should give about c1k each corner. This should give us a regulation pitch and a capacity of c23k 

If further expansion is required a second tier could be built much like Cardiff built theirs above the wheatfield stand which would likely give a further 3/3.5k (obviously pitch owned by brewery would need to be bought) and then similar could be done to the main if required giving another c3/3.5k. A plan like this could give us a regulation pitch, c30k capacity stadium and we could gradually grow into it over say 10 years thus still having a filled stadium with each expansion.

41 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Medium term answer is fairly obvious in my opinion. Replace the roof with a counter leaver version with supports going in front of the main and wheatfield stands. This means the supports can be removed from beside the stands meaning the pitch can be lengthened 5 meters (2.5 each end) and widened 4 meters (2 each side) bringing the pitch to desired regulation size (might need to raise the pitch slightly losing maybe 1/1.5k in capacity) and then the corners can be filled in which should give about c1k each corner. This should give us a regulation pitch and a capacity of c23k 

If further expansion is required a second tier could be built much like Cardiff built theirs above the wheatfield stand which would likely give a further 3/3.5k (obviously pitch owned by brewery would need to be bought) and then similar could be done to the main if required giving another c3/3.5k. A plan like this could give us a regulation pitch, c30k capacity stadium and we could gradually grow into it over say 10 years thus still having a filled stadium with each expansion.

I would expect that the board must at least be carrying out feasibility studies into suggestions such as above in order to progress when the club is in a financial position to advance these solutions. 

Fantastic comments about how to increase capacity

Not one explanation of where the millions are to come from and the impact diverting funds would have on the side and infrastructure.

We do not sell out regularly as it is yet we are being asked to increase capacity by another few thousand to service these mythical fans especially the student population.

I'd rather we finished what we started in the main stand,  upgraded entrances and exits, toilets etc and yes give the place a repaint and clean if necessary.

Then I'd like us to have a winning side that will stretch our capacity not only for the bigger matches but for the average match as well

The demand is just not there at this time and unlike Liverpool for example there is no waiting list for season tickets, corporate etc never mind the fact that there may not be the room for growth some imagine unless there are virtually unlimited funds...oh and panning permission would be an issue.

Success will bring demand or making prices so cheap those fair weather fans might attend but the costs need to be absorbed somewhere.

Time for the realists to stand fast whilst the dreamers continue to plan what will not happen in the near future and to be honest good luck to them as long as they are never in a position of power or influence.  We have been fortunate to save our club and for the short term lets get used to that, make the right commercial decisions which could lead to the demand some think exists but it's not today or even tomorrow.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Not one explanation of where the millions are to come from and the impact diverting funds would have on the side and infrastructure.

We do not sell out regularly as it is yet we are being asked to increase capacity by another few thousand to service these mythical fans especially the student population.

I'd rather we finished what we started in the main stand,  upgraded entrances and exits, toilets etc and yes give the place a repaint and clean if necessary.

Then I'd like us to have a winning side that will stretch our capacity not only for the bigger matches but for the average match as well

The demand is just not there at this time and unlike Liverpool for example there is no waiting list for season tickets, corporate etc never mind the fact that there may not be the room for growth some imagine unless there are virtually unlimited funds...oh and panning permission would be an issue.

Success will bring demand or making prices so cheap those fair weather fans might attend but the costs need to be absorbed somewhere.

Time for the realists to stand fast whilst the dreamers continue to plan what will not happen in the near future and to be honest good luck to them as long as they are never in a position of power or influence.  We have been fortunate to save our club and for the short term lets get used to that, make the right commercial decisions which could lead to the demand some think exists but it's not today or even tomorrow.

👍

29 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Bang on mate 

I may have missed this and can't be bothered checking back but has there been  any mention of creating a safe standing area? See its getting approved down south, I for one would love to see terracing back at tynie in some capacity. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
38 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Spot on !! All this talk is for the birds

42 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Total sense. Last time there were ST waiting lists was back in the Burley era. Go figure …. 

We've got the fan base to warrant a bigger capacity imo. We could easily sell a couple thousand more for the big games. The issue isn't that the base isn't there, it's that we play the 'smaller' teams to often and it doesn't pique people's interest. The games need to be more interesting imo.

3 hours ago, Arfur said:

2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I would expect that the board must at least be carrying out feasibility studies into suggestions such as above in order to progress when the club is in a financial position to advance these solutions. 

I don't know how much bigger it's feasible to make Tynecastle on the current footprint, but the pitch size has always irked me. I think a major factor is the positioning of the four corner pillars and the way they impinge on pitch size.. Why the new stadium was built with such a limiting design beats me. Removing those and making all the stands cantilevered would be expensive I think, but the corner pillars are actually relatively light structures, which makes me think it would be possible to build four new, stronger, pylons moved  back diagonally by maybe thirty yards, and extend a cantilever from them to the existing roof hangers. This might allow the addition of a few thousand extra corner seats and enlarge the pitch to UEFA standards.

1 hour ago, Bringitbak said:

I may have missed this and can't be bothered checking back but has there been  any mention of creating a safe standing area? See its getting approved down south, I for one would love to see terracing back at tynie in some capacity. 

I think that safe standing doesn't actually increase capacity.

The club has huge backing so it should be looked at....The ground is clearly too small and we wont achieve very much in the modern game with a stadium we can only get 19k in lol....As for the so called smaller games...who cares.....its all about generating more money over a season allowing us to get better players and keeping the good ones longer so we can get a bigger fee for them....Its a win win situation.....I can see the club getting into europe.....Then you will see that its not good enough too.....Maybe one day we will need a 30k but right now we are 4/5k short.......People will come and watch Hearts if the product is good as it is with every club....You can already see the difference and we should improve more in the coming seasons. I dont geyt why people are so negative and laugh at any of us including the club showing ambition......Yous are clearly not understanding it....Its best to have the extra seats there if and when they are needed than to not and lock people out lol......