Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

15 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I personally think an extra 5,000 seats would be great but it’s a total fantasy as there is no way of integrating them to the current stadium without a complete re-design and a budget of millions!

well obviously it will cost millions. But it’s entirely possible.  Do I think we will do it any time soon? No I do not

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

Engineering wise anything is possible with lots of money. Adding extra seats is not impossible but might (probably) be infeasible.

We don't sell out as it is so I do think expansion talks are nonsense at this stage.

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Engineering wise anything is possible with lots of money. Adding extra seats is not impossible but might (probably) be infeasible.

We don't sell out as it is so I do think expansion talks are nonsense at this stage.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

well obviously it will cost millions. But it’s entirely possible.  Do I think we will do it any time soon? No I do not

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Once I win the Euro millions lottery it will all be sorted. 

15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

By no means am i saying tynecastle is shite, but these things can surely be put to the board and considered, long term goals and short term. 

Nobody can say they wouldn't want a tynecastle that is 30k seater stadium, like it or not the population is only going to get bigger which means more fans, which means bigger stadium necessary, increased revenue for the club means being able to buy or retain better players like Woodburn / Souttar long term 🤔😁

As far as it being fantasy did anyone really think they would ever get a new main stand 🤔 but with the will and determination we finally got it. 

Hey guys,

why only 5000 more seats.

how about 12,000.

pie in the sky I know but the sketch below does show what is still possible on a tight site.

dream big. Who knows what might happen when Dave mclaren wind the euro millions 😀

image.jpeg

53 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Hey guys,

why only 5000 more seats.

how about 12,000.

pie in the sky I know but the sketch below does show what is still possible on a tight site.

dream big. Who knows what might happen when Dave mclaren wind the euro millions 😀

image.jpeg

JoyfulDisguisedIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

hearts_stadium_from_pitch_heartsfc_310807.jpg

mIRT7wi.jpg

tenor (1).gif

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Tell me how it’s possible please 🤔

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Once I win the Euro millions lottery it will all be sorted. 

I'm going to hold you to that promise ... once I've tracked you down in the Maldives.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Our new main stand isn't even finished yet and some are talking about expanding even further 

Technology is the answer. All we need to do is build a 2nd stadium elsewhere and project the game live onto the pitch using holograms. Ach, forget it ... The Hibernians will beat us to it for yet another 'first'. 🤭

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Our new main stand isn't even finished yet and some are talking about expanding even further 

This “it isn’t even finished” is a bit Hibby spin - no offence.

The construction is fully complete - all that remains is the internal fit out to the second floor.

Dougie Masterton
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

You extend the cantilever behind each goal. 

Edited by Dougie Masterton

5 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

You extend the cantilever behind each goal. 

In what way? There is no space behind the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to enlarge backwards.

I’ve done so about 45 times over the years.  

There is room behind the wheatfield which is obtainable and room behind the main. Both could be expanded although it would be costly.  And as per a couple of pages ago liverpool have done and are about to do this again.

Another optio. - the corners could be filled, however it would involve removing the roof, removing the pylons, building a new roof and supporting it another way. 

both options would be expensive of course but from a technical perspective pretty simple.  

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

There is room behind the wheatfield which is obtainable and room behind the main. Both could be expanded although it would be costly.  And as per a couple of pages ago liverpool have done and are about to do this again.

Another optio. - the corners could be filled, however it would involve removing the roof, removing the pylons, building a new roof and supporting it another way. 

both options would be expensive of course but from a technical perspective pretty simple.  

So basically dismantling the stadium and starting again. Dream on….

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Or see my sketch 😀

3 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Or see my sketch 😀

Your sketch is basically knock it all down and start again. This is a fantasy guys.

Lets just enjoy what we now have.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So basically dismantling the stadium and starting again. Dream on….

This was a discussion about technical feasibility - I don’t think I’ve ever said it wouldn’t be expensive.. 

but to answer you point, expanding the wheatfiled would not involve dismantling the stadium.  Neither would expanding the main though i doubt we’d do that given the investment in the facade / plaza.  

Removing the current roof wouldn’t be that costly. Building a new one would of course.

the aviva in Dublin is a great example, I believe the roof truss which circles the stadium and holds the roof is supported by only 2 Columns due to the space constraints .. the swooping shape was however complex and probably couldn’t have been done 20 years ago.

Part of the reason I'd love for the club to get the ball rolling with a viability study. Think when stadium stuff/building restrictions have came up before you've had quite an informed opinion, so I think it would be really valuable for everyone to be on the same page on what can and cannot be done going forward. - Like with the pylons and not being able to fill the corners in as a result.

I think its pointless engaging in all these cool designs if ultimately we can't ever under any conceivable circumstances implement any of it. 

My gut feeling is that the restrictions and space issues are so insurmountable that an alternative site is the only way forward. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This was a discussion about technical feasibility - I don’t think I’ve ever said it wouldn’t be expensive.. 

but to answer you point, expanding the wheatfiled would not involve dismantling the stadium.  Neither would expanding the main though i doubt we’d do that given the investment in the facade / plaza.  

Removing the current roof wouldn’t be that costly. Building a new one would of course.

the aviva in Dublin is a great example, I believe the roof truss which circles the stadium and holds the roof is supported by only 2 Columns due to the space constraints .. the swooping shape was however complex and probably couldn’t have been done 20 years ago.

As I said dream on….

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Part of the reason I'd love for the club to get the ball rolling with a viability study. Think when stadium stuff/building restrictions have came up before you've had quite an informed opinion, so I think it would be really valuable for everyone to be on the same page on what can and cannot be done going forward. - Like with the pylons and not being able to fill the corners in as a result.

I think its pointless engaging in all these cool designs if ultimately we can't ever under any conceivable circumstances implement any of it. 

My gut feeling is that the restrictions and space issues are so insurmountable that an alternative site is the only way forward. 

Realism at last!

We are years away from a desperate requirement for a new bigger stadium - if indeed we ever get there.

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Realism at last!

We are years away from a desperate requirement for a new bigger stadium - if indeed we ever get there.

The Wheatfield will be 30 years old in a few years. I can’t see any major stadium work for another 30. 

Ronald Villiers

I think talk of moving to a new stadium in crazy.  We've just built a new stand and Gorgie is where we belong.  I'd hate to have a stadium on the outskirts of the city, matchdays wouldn't be the same.  There's bound to be a way that we can use part of the current Wheatfield to build a bigger stand, moved further back to widen the pitch and remove some rows from the front of the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to increase pitch length.  I'm sure I read there was an issue with building the new stand too high as the council were against it.  It would be expensive no doubt but a less steep, deeper Wheatfield with around 12k seats would be perfect.  

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Wheatfield will be 30 years old in a few years. I can’t see any major stadium work for another 30. 

I can see improvements to the stadium but no increase in capacity.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

This “it isn’t even finished” is a bit Hibby spin - no offence.

The construction is fully complete - all that remains is the internal fit out to the second floor.

Yeah a know the construction is fully complete but i meant the fit out as you pointed out but my point is this talking about raising capacity is for the birds in the next 10 years anyway

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Do we want to be ahead of our competiton? 

As I said dream on….

I like you as a poster mate, but how do you reckon we will ever be able to challenge the old firm, with the current capacity. 

How will we attract a better calibre to compete with the old firm and be better than both Aberdeen and Hibs, the time is now to be talking about this, what we have achieved as supporters is incredible, now let's take it to the next level, this will benefit the club, image of us, players and young supporters of our club. 

Let show what can be achieved within our support 👍

And make Tynecastle an experience that is even better than it currently is. 

I would like this to be considered by the board and what it would take to achieve it, if possible 😉

Edited by Bongo 1874

15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I like you as a poster mate, but how do you reckon we will ever be able to challenge the old firm, with the current capacity. 

How will we attract a better calibre to compete with the old firm and be better than both Aberdeen and Hibs, the time is now to be talking about this, what we have achieved as supporters is incredible, now let's take it to the next level, this will benefit the club, image of us, players and young supporters of our club. 

Let show what can be achieved within our support 👍

And make Tynecastle an experience that is even better than it currently is. 

I would like this to be considered by the board and what it would take to achieve it, if possible 😉

Your sentiments are admirable however the first thing we need to do is get a team on the park that fills our current capacity by playing entertaining and winning football.

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Your sentiments are admirable however the first thing we need to do is get a team on the park that fills our current capacity by playing entertaining and winning football.

Don't you think Neilson can do that? Neilson won't always be here, so like him times will move on. 

I would say we are close to having full capacity most games, covid is possibly playing a big factor for people not turning up. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't you think Neilson can do that? Neilson won't always be here, so like him times will move on. 

I would say we are close to having full capacity most games, covid is possibly playing a big factor for people not turning up. 

Last paragraph is not true we did great selling 12.5k no danger do we need a bigger ground at moment.

Dougie Masterton
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

In what way? There is no space behind the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to enlarge backwards.

The pillars would extend out. Gerrards yard and the small car park beside the plaza, same at the other end, this would allow for the corners to be filled and another level on the main stand or the Wheatfield. 

7 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

The pillars would extend out. Gerrards yard and the small car park beside the plaza, same at the other end, this would allow for the corners to be filled and another level on the main stand or the Wheatfield. 

The back of the Roseburn Stand is hard up against the old school boundary.

Dougie Masterton
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The back of the Roseburn Stand is hard up against the old school boundary.

The pillars go sideways not back. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

I can't see there is any scope to extend the Gorgie stand backwards or upwards: that would further impinge on the houses there.

The only room for manoeuvre would be in the Wheatfield or Roseburn stands: that would entail obtaining land from the distillery and/or old school sites.

Developing the Wheatfield  would seem to be the better option, but would we have height issues with it, too?

If it was to happen, we should learn from the example of the new main stand and not rush things.  If need be, move to Murrayfield for a season.

34 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

The pillars go sideways not back. 

Sorry you’ve lost me

Edited by Thomaso

28 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What happened to the planned mural on the end of the tenement? 🤔

Sure I heard something like there were tenement repairs needing done prior to anything going onto it.

Someone might correct me mins you.

15 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sure I heard something like there were tenement repairs needing done prior to anything going onto it.

Someone might correct me mins you.

Scaffolding on the building at the moment.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do we want to be ahead of our competiton? 

Easy to talk a good game on a fans forum buddy but isn't realistic or practical in reality

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

As I have said. Would be better doing wheatfield again and make it cantilever. Try turning it into 10000+ seater. Then do other stands after.

You in dreamland buddy !! We've just built new main stand aswell as various other stadium improvements 

57 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You in dreamland buddy !! We've just built new main stand aswell as various other stadium improvements 

Did I say now?

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm not so sure.

Ann Budge was saying that that we have to start looking at the other stands as they are a fair age now.

Whether that meant tidying them up or something more substantial I'm not sure.

Dougie Masterton
12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry you’ve lost me

It’s simple really, move the corner pillars outside the ground and extend the cantilever bar to fit. 

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

As I have said. Would be better doing wheatfield again and make it cantilever. Try turning it into 10000+ seater. Then do other stands after.

Already is cantilevered 

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

No, crossbar supported.

Ok understand, i think.

Take away the crossvar and rebuild with two tier stand with cantilever roof.

Enjoying the fantasy stuff but, in the short term a new block of turnstiles for the wheatfield and a lick of paint for the three older stands would be grand.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling