Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Kept a record of the past designs (whether realistic or not that the club had.)

futuretynie1.jpg

futuretynie2.jpg

futuretynie5.jpg

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The planned new stand project under Romanov looked like this:

hearts-stadium-from-pitch-heartsfc-31080

hearts-stadium-hmfc230108-1.jpg

hearts-stadium-hmfc230108-2.jpghearts-stadium-hmfc230108-4.jpg

hearts-stadium-street2c-heartsfc-310807.

This is what i think the focus should be going ahead if we can do it, it would maximize our true potential as a club, and as i said previously i don't think Aberdeen or Hibs could compete with that. 

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What are you being serious? and do you guys think this is a reasonable request to put to the board, not saying we definitely go ahead with it, but imagine being able to have Tynecastle at 30-40 thousand, Hibs / Aberdeen simply couldn't compete with that, and am i the only one who thinks this would help the club grow and attract better players for the future? 

Hope this happens ,, 19.000 capacity is too small, for a club the size of hearts, 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Kept a record of the past designs (whether realistic or not that the club had.)

futuretynie5.jpg

Wow! That's a bit special! How cool would that be?

11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Hope this happens ,, 19.000 capacity is too small, for a club the size of hearts, 

I think it does us okay just now, just really thinking about the future tbh, it's always good to be one step ahead, and i seriously think it would help our club in the long term and safeguard our future at tynecastle, Edinburgh has massive potential too attract new fans etc especially if Hearts are doing well in the league, and even better if we are playing well, there's enough evidence to suggest that when you are up the top end of the league we can atleast take 4/5 thousand to away grounds, that's not far off the old firm, we don't do it consistently enough but we can do it.

So we have a loyal hardcore of support it's about convincing the rest to come regularly, I totally understand some people have work etc and can't make football, but i think it would be good as supporters to have a tynecastle that is and can be the very best, and if there is a support that can fund and achieve it, you won't have too look very far 😉.

In no way am i saying tynecastle is shite currently, but can we improve on it if we had a stadium that was 30 thousand, it's just unthinkable i really want this to happen. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
On 15/09/2021 at 14:06, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Then the home fans would be more aggressive 

There are maybe some exceptions but you only have to look at photos of groups of football fans and groups of rugby fans.  
rugby fans are seated while half the football fans are gesturing and standing 

I don’t think that’s got anything to do with violence though, I stand and scream abuse but I’ve never been in any violent confrontations. I did threaten some we arsehole strong behind me who that told me to “shut up ya fat *****” on Sunday. 
Most fans at Tynecastle are seated, it’s just Section N/G and the back row of Section P that stand, and of course the away end 🙈
Threes obviously a difference, I just don’t think it’s as big as is made out. 
An English coach was hit with a plastic bottle before the game the last time they were at Murrayfield for example. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The planned new stand project under Romanov looked like this:

hearts-stadium-from-pitch-heartsfc-31080

hearts-stadium-hmfc230108-1.jpg

hearts-stadium-hmfc230108-2.jpghearts-stadium-hmfc230108-4.jpg

hearts-stadium-street2c-heartsfc-310807.

I have to say I prefer that to what we have. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think that’s got anything to do with violence though, I stand and scream abuse but I’ve never been in any violent confrontations. I did threaten some we arsehole strong behind me who that told me to “shut up ya fat *****” on Sunday. 
Most fans at Tynecastle are seated, it’s just Section N/G and the back row of Section P that stand, and of course the away end 🙈
Threes obviously a difference, I just don’t think it’s as big as is made out. 
An English coach was hit with a plastic bottle before the game the last time they were at Murrayfield for example. 

A plastic bottle that was found to have been blown off a handrail by the wind. 

37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would people back this? I'm probably being a bit unrealistic and ambitious. 

And considering we have just came back up. 

I think height was a big constraint on our current stand iirc so anything bigger will likely have challenges with the cooncil  

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

6 minutes ago, Chaps said:

No it’s not.

Tynecastle is 20,099 capacity (not to be pedantic 🙃)

FWIW, stadium capacity is a key topic to debate & consider for the club, moving forward. For now, 20k imo is fine.

I think the stadium looks brilliant these days but appreciate there is always room for improvement.

I have no idea about how feasible it would be to further increase capacity because of the issues raised by numerous other posters. 

I think the immediate focus will be ensuring  the team are competing at the right end of the table consistently. 

Who knows what the future will bring though 🇱🇻

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To me getting a 30,000 Tynecastle is not a problem of money. The space just feels too restricted because of buildings around it. To get 30,000 we would need to increase capacity by 50%. 

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see a 30,000 capacity Tynecastle. The restrictions just feel a bridge too far for it, but would love to see plans of how it could be achieved.

Load of dreamers on here, ain't happening, ground is big enough for current state of play, if we become successful and that's a big if it can be revisited, but the footprint is not ideal and costs would be overwhelming.

I’m pretty sure that when planning permission went in for the development under the Wheatfield there was diagram that included a plan to buy a 30m strip of land west of the community pitch which is currently used as a car park for the distillery.

If this land could be purchased you could extent the community pitch west and use the additional land to shift the Wheatfield further back. The plan above with the extended Wheatfield (same angle of stand but a further 12/15 rows) is what I visual as an acceptable expansion model.

Slope the roof down to meet the support truss or place the roof so it sits on top of it rather than hang below the truss.

6 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

I’m pretty sure that when planning permission went in for the development under the Wheatfield there was diagram that included a plan to buy a 30m strip of land west of the community pitch which is currently used as a car park for the distillery.

If this land could be purchased you could extent the community pitch west and use the additional land to shift the Wheatfield further back. The plan above with the extended Wheatfield (same angle of stand but a further 12/15 rows) is what I visual as an acceptable expansion model.

Slope the roof down to meet the support truss or place the roof so it sits on top of it rather than hang below the truss.

AFA1B49B-B86A-4608-B495-AE87ECD541E8.png

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think it does us okay just now, just really thinking about the future tbh, it's always good to be one step ahead, and i seriously think it would help our club in the long term and safeguard our future at tynecastle, Edinburgh has massive potential too attract new fans etc especially if Hearts are doing well in the league, and even better if we are playing well, there's enough evidence to suggest that when you are up the top end of the league we can atleast take 4/5 thousand to away grounds, that's not far off the old firm, we don't do it consistently enough but we can do it.

So we have a loyal hardcore of support it's about convincing the rest to come regularly, I totally understand some people have work etc and can't make football, but i think it would be good as supporters to have a tynecastle that is and can be the very best, and if there is a support that can fund and achieve it, you won't have too look very far 😉.

In no way am i saying tynecastle is shite currently, but can we improve on it if we had a stadium that was 30 thousand, it's just unthinkable i really want this to happen. 

I think its reasonable idea, that the club has long term plans that if certain things are met that they bring out increased capacity plans to be put into play. We dont need increased capacity at the moment and we have plenty facilities to use up first. 

Pasquale for King
On 15/09/2021 at 14:03, Jambo 4 Ever said:

At the game they do - that’s what we are talking about it here.

it’s just a fact

football fans are in general more aggressive / abusive and more likely to be worse if they can drink at games too 

I don’t think it will make much difference if they’re buying pints in the ground before the game instead of the pub, then one at HT. 

You can’t judge everyone against the behaviour of the uglies. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think it will make much difference if they’re buying pints in the ground before the game instead of the pub, then one at HT. 

Stadium strength beer like you get at games in Australia might be a meeting point between the two ways of thinking. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Stadium strength beer like you get at games in Australia might be a meeting point between the two ways of thinking. 

What strength is stadium strength beer in Australia?

5 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

What strength is stadium strength beer in Australia?

From memory it's capped at about 3.5% but can be as low as 2.5% in some places.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Interesting. I didn't know that. It's amazing what I learn on this site. Thanks for that. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Says the guy threatening our supporters in our own ground. 

LarrysRightFoot

Apologies if already mentioned but I’d Edinburgh not projected to have a bigger population than Glasgow in the next 20 years or so? 

Obviously they won’t all be hearts fans but we should be doing our best to encourage them to be and have a stadium to accommodate them. 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Apologies if already mentioned but I’d Edinburgh not projected to have a bigger population than Glasgow in the next 20 years or so? 

Obviously they won’t all be hearts fans but we should be doing our best to encourage them to be and have a stadium to accommodate them. 

The population of Edinburgh is predicted to over take Glasgow by 2037 which is only 16 years away. There are also predictions that the Edinburgh population will reach around 750,000 by the latter decades of this century. 

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The population of Edinburgh is predicted to over take Glasgow by 2037 which is only 16 years away. There are also predictions that the Edinburgh population will reach around 750,000 by the latter decades of this century. 

Population of Glasgow is 600k just now - if Edinburgh overtakes that in 16 years, 750k seems conservative for the end of the century. 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Population of Glasgow is 600k just now - if Edinburgh overtakes that in 16 years, 750k seems conservative for the end of the century. 

It's not only the population of Edinburgh which is growing, East and Midlothian are the fastest growing local authorities, in terms of population in the country. This contrasts with a number of local authorities in the Greater Glasgow area suffering from declining populations. 

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

It's not only the population of Edinburgh which is growing, East and Midlothian are the fastest growing local authorities, in terms of population in the country. This contrasts with a number of local authorities in the Greater Glasgow area suffering from declining populations. 

Well as I say we need to 

1. Do our best to encourage people of the city/council areas to be hearts fans

2. Be able to accommodate them 

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

That looks good with turning the pitch also 

It does looks great - but for 6k additional seats the cost outweighs the benefits. 

It would also be the end of Hearts shooting into the Gorgie Road end in the 2nd half. 

Very much up for the club future planning / saving and building a money pot for a development. I'm patient enough for it to happen but I think it's much more realistic to rework the 3 older stands. 

Maybe it's just me.

But, I'd prefer a smaller ground full every single week than a larger ground with thousands of empty seats. 

Bazzas right boot

20k I think is fine just now. 

If we have a decade like Aberdeen of high place finishes and European football I think 25-30k could be looked at, particularly if we get into any European league groups on a regular basis. 

I'd go for closer to 30k as economies of scale Likley dictate the money involved for 5k more seats will make 10k more seats more viable and further future proof us. 

19 hours ago, Chaps said:

No it’s not.

Think it is, especially with fester Road holding more, f...k that build bigger and better hearts are bigger than what we currently have ,

16 hours ago, Tazio said:

I was on my third pint in the Bernabeau before someone pointed out it was alcohol free ! 

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Albert McFly said:

FOH will ask it's members to fund an owned training centre soon so I would expect any stadium improvements for a while 

Where you hearing this ?

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Where you hearing this ?

Was wondering that as well, I do remember months ago an article that talked about projects Ann Budge would concentrate on now she is Chairwoman, and it mentioned a new training ground.  In fact I started a thread about it below back in December

But if plans are ready to move to securing funding stage then thats a big step. 

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Was wondering that as well, I do remember months ago an article that talked about projects Ann Budge would concentrate on now she is Chairwoman, and it mentioned a new training ground.  In fact I started a thread about it below back in December

But if plans are ready to move to securing funding stage then thats a big step. 

Training complex in West Lothian 

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Training complex in West Lothian 

Would be interesting, though my worry is that we end up with something like Hibs, a really cheap training ground, miles away from anything. Oriam may have higher rental costs but its location is perfect and facilities are top of the range.

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would be interesting, though my worry is that we end up with something like Hibs, a really cheap training ground, miles away from anything. Oriam may have higher rental costs but its location is perfect and facilities are top of the range.

Interesting to see if any plans are in place. Using the oriam was never going to be forever. I can’t see any new training ground being ‘cheap’ though - that’s not how we operate 😏 If we do progress down this route, the training facilities will be top of the range. If you’re gonna do something right…

Edited by MattyK82

On 14/09/2021 at 16:29, davemclaren said:

Only issue is if we get into the Group sections iirc. 

I think we would all like that issue to occur.

Seymour M Hersh
21 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Do you know what are we paying annually?

On 17/09/2021 at 07:31, Sarah O said:

Maybe it's just me.

But, I'd prefer a smaller ground full every single week than a larger ground with thousands of empty seats. 

It's not just you. Can you imagine 75% of the games every season having 15k/16k in a 30,000 seater stadium. Would look absolutely shite. 

On 16/09/2021 at 16:48, MattyK82 said:

Tynecastle is 20,099 capacity (not to be pedantic 🙃)

FWIW, stadium capacity is a key topic to debate & consider for the club, moving forward. For now, 20k imo is fine.

I think the stadium looks brilliant these days but appreciate there is always room for improvement.

I have no idea about how feasible it would be to further increase capacity because of the issues raised by numerous other posters. 

I think the immediate focus will be ensuring  the team are competing at the right end of the table consistently. 

Who knows what the future will bring though 🇱🇻

Really big and expensive project to do any expansion of the stadium if even feasible. I thought the capacity was fractionally under 20k

26 minutes ago, bigmack said:

Really big and expensive project to do any expansion of the stadium if even feasible. I thought the capacity was fractionally under 20k

Absolutely. It’s not a priority here and now.

Official capacity is 20,099 but that’s obviously not the case at the moment because of the areas which still can’t be used.