Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

Booze at a sports event is good. AFL and recently cricket were great to have a couple of beers in my seat.

Having beers in the stadium is great revenue for clubs even if not allowed at your seat. Encourages people to get there early, buy beer at the ground rather than a pub and in turn buy food and merch etc whilst they are there.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

well that’s not really true at all. It maybe is now but before the drink ban Scotland held that title..

I don’t disagree that you should be able to buy some alcohol but it should be limited in some way

I lived in Surrey in 1980s and visited most London grounds most regularly Chelsea, QPR and Arsenal invariably there was bother.  Any game at that time involving eg Man United, Leeds , Pompey , Millwall, West Ham and Chelsea would be tense, club colours best not worn outside of the ground particularly on the London Underground. Far worse than most Scottish games even in the 1970s   although the bigot brothers are  a possible le exception  to this day.

My view is no drink during match but should be available before and after game possibly half time.

42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was my point. 
The minority that misbehave shouldn’t really spoil it for the rest though. 
I still wouldn’t sell it to the uglies when they come 😆

I'd still sell it but not in the away end.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ask anyone who’s worked in a pub in town before or after a game if they behave, a total myth. 

At the game they do - that’s what we are talking about it here.

it’s just a fact

football fans are in general more aggressive / abusive and more likely to be worse if they can drink at games too 

4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I'd still sell it but not in the away end.

Then the home fans would be more aggressive 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could give you ten links showing problems they’ve caused in stadiums also, it’s a total myth that they behave I’m afraid. 
Here’s a good one. 
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/welsh-police-rant-about-nightmare-rugby-fans-being-worse-than-football-supporters-42765

There are maybe some exceptions but you only have to look at photos of groups of football fans and groups of rugby fans.  
rugby fans are seated while half the football fans are gesturing and standing 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

Booze at a sports event is good. AFL and recently cricket were great to have a couple of beers in my seat.

Having beers in the stadium is great revenue for clubs even if not allowed at your seat. Encourages people to get there early, buy beer at the ground rather than a pub and in turn buy food and merch etc whilst they are there.

The T&Cs on a ticket to the Lord's Test match limits attendees to taking in only one bottle of wine per person - draconian! The Oval let you bring two I think.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

At the game they do - that’s what we are talking about it here.

it’s just a fact

football fans are in general more aggressive / abusive and more likely to be worse if they can drink at games too 

Is that why you never go to Tynecastle?

On 14/09/2021 at 18:59, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

This photo highlight an urgent need that has a cheap fix:

A row of crush barriers from the turnstiles along the edge of the footpath all the way back to the car park in the top right.

That is the only way to stop the barstewards who walk down that street on the left (can't remember what it's called) and jump in ahead of people who have been queuing all the way along.

In that picture can't see anyone trying to jump in and the queue is already massive!

Needs to be more than one queue for 10 turnstiles, someone else suggested another queue going up Wheatfield St....as well as the one going along Wheatfield place and more stewards checking bags etc. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Meanwhile aberdeen have made some improvements to Cormack park

FC733765-0060-48DE-99AB-9F283635F4E2.jpeg

Brilliant! That's a whole new ball-game for POV.

As Archie MacPherson would have said -  "WOOF"

8 hours ago, Libertarian said:

I think that we must be the only country in the world where spectators are denied the opportunity to have a drink in the ground. The Scottish government really do need to take a good look at themselves as their attitude is stuck in the dark ages............. Maybe the 17th century.

The attitude and behaviour of many football fans is stuck in the dark ages.

Second floor of the main stand still to be developed so would like to see more hospitality options in place. More money making options over different price ranges

Edited by Newton51

50 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Second floor of the main stand still to be developed so would like to see more hospitality options in place. More money making options over different price ranges

Heard a whisper its getting kitted out as a 10 pin bowling alley, personally I'd sub let to a major gym. 

8 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The attitude and behaviour of many football fans is stuck in the dark ages.

And most football fans behave themselves and those that don't simply get tanked up in bars outside the stadium. There are already sanctions in place to deal with individuals who don't behave. 

12 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Google it and you will see the correct answer mate. 

Loads of grounds do not meet criteria. Liverpool is a definite and Chelsea have to ask for special dispensation as well.

jambo-in-furness
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Did I dream this or did Hearts say with the development of the new main stand it would have escalators in it? 

I used the escalator at Tynecastle on Sunday gaining access to the Legends lounge,  and may I add,  it was working 😁.

5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Loads of grounds do not meet criteria. Liverpool is a definite and Chelsea have to ask for special dispensation as well.

Indeed. Spurs had to Get permission for White Hart Lane being used in Europe as it had a very tight pitch before the new stadium was built. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've a mate who lives near Murrayfield and a kilted Farquhar shat in his garden. 

Eh? One solitary person

what about all the vandalism football fans do?

Does anyone know if we could expand our ground, and if so what sort of capacity would we be allowed to expand it too. 

If this is off topic I'll happily take a pm. 

Hopefully someone knows 👍

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Does anyone know if we could expand our ground, and if so what sort of capacity would we be allowed to expand it too. 

image.jpeg.e5104d52d892062cbd263d5e81bc3e86.jpeg

Edited by heatonjambo
M

30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't think the stand would have to be moved back that much either. I'd like to see more improvements within the stadium currently before looking to build another new stand. I'm sure if we wanted to have a bigger capacity we would of looked at building the main stand like Vlads two tier plans we could of still widened the pitch on the Main Stand side there was plenty of space looking at the size off the hospitality and the foundation plaza . 

I'd still like to see the inside walls of the stands painted maroon and some murals up and remove the police box. I thought the police box was being removed and it was going to be housed within the main stand below section N a big room was built for the polis.   

Edited by Stu_HMFC

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don't think the stand would have to be moved back that much either. I'd like to see more improvements within the stadium currently before looking to build another new stand. I'm sure if we wanted to have a bigger capacity we would of looked at building the main stand like Vlads two tier plans we could of still widened the pitch on the Main Stand side there was plenty of space looking at the size off the hospitality and the foundation plaza . 

I'd still like to see the inside walls of the stands painted maroon and some murals up and remove the police box. I thought the police box was being removed and it was going to be housed within the main stand below section N a big room was built for the polis.   

Tynecastle as a 30 thousand seater stadium, wow i think that has to be the goal tbh, if we aim on getting closer to the old firm. 

James if you come on this forum can you make it happen 😉👍

37 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Eh? One solitary person

what about all the vandalism football fans do?

How many folk do you want to shite in his garden?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tynecastle as a 30 thousand seater stadium, wow i think that has to be the goal tbh, if we aim on getting closer to the old firm. 

Can you remember in the Vlad years the plan was new main stand and a new Roseburn I'm sure I seen pictures somewhere once this is going back years ago. 

I always had a vision years ago we could of turned the pitch and have the Wheatfield and Main behind the goals building a massive new Roseburn and Main joining them up Playing too much LMA Manager back in the day 😂😂

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this is almost exactly how Liverpool expanded anfield its not actually that far fetched 😂

Build behind it loosing no capacity then during the off season it all joins up. Liverpool are currently doing this again with the Anfield road stand .

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I’m no expert, but I believe the only potential room for expansion would be to knock down the Wheatfield and build a larger two tier stand. There is a decent sized bit land behind the Wheatfield (including car park and pitch) however it would potentially require us to obtain a bit of land from the distillery.

There would also be a bit of an issue with the stand being close to the road where there is residents, and the current pylons in place potentially being used to hold up the Roseburn and Gorgie roofs but i’m sure with a large amount of cash involved it would be possible.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4c60ba99d52958b4ebb606fe3d00c52.jpeg

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To me getting a 30,000 Tynecastle is not a problem of money. The space just feels too restricted because of buildings around it. To get 30,000 we would need to increase capacity by 50%. 

Dont get me wrong, I would love to see a 30,000 capacity Tynecastle. The restrictions just feel a bridge too far for it, but would love to see plans of how it could be achieved.

Guess if you knocked down wheatfield and made in cantilever. Then did the same with other stands later point. Plus buy the football pitch from distillery. We could increase to 25-27 thousand. Filled in corners 😄

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Guess if you knocked down wheatfield and made in cantilever. Then did the same with other stands later point. Plus buy the football pitch from distillery. We could increase to 25-27 thousand. Filled in corners 😄

If you started again!

image.jpeg

14 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

If you started again!

image.jpeg

This was Jamie Bryant's plan. The Foundation was Jamie's concept and he planned to fund the rebuild with subscriptions from the Foundation 

3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

This was Jamie Bryant's plan. The Foundation was Jamie's concept and he planned to fund the rebuild with subscriptions from the Foundation 

I didn’t know that

cheers

i just sketched something out to see what was possible 

15 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

I didn’t know that

cheers

i just sketched something out to see what was possible 

I think Jamie's plans had a stadium capacity of nearly 40,000.

I thought, perhaps wrongly, that one of the factors in our capacity was the proximity of the NB distillery. Or has that been got rid of with the retention wall that was built?

29 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I think Jamie's plans had a stadium capacity of nearly 40,000.

What are you being serious? and do you guys think this is a reasonable request to put to the board, not saying we definitely go ahead with it, but imagine being able to have Tynecastle at 30-40 thousand, Hibs / Aberdeen simply couldn't compete with that, and am i the only one who thinks this would help the club grow and attract better players for the future?