Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

iwasthere1954
43 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Bottom section of the new stand is concrete steps. Top section is like a light alloy type of material. 

I've not been at that part of the stand. Why is part of it concrete and part metal.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think we’ll be hard pressed to expand Tynie any further, so it’s maybe now a case of making the facilities top notch and really investing in the match day experience. 

The club said they were spending 400 grand tarting the place up for fans returning. Apart from new led floodlights and painting the tops of the trusses I didn't notice anything else. Having said that I have no idea of the costs of both these projects. 

2 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I've not been at that part of the stand. Why is part of it concrete and part metal.

I'm led to believe its all to do with the weight of the material. Concrete top to bottom would have required much more foundation work. You can tell the difference when up close to it. 

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

The club said they were spending 400 grand tarting the place up for fans returning. Apart from new led floodlights and painting the tops of the trusses I didn't notice anything else. Having said that I have no idea of the costs of both these projects. 

Yeah, that’s relatively disappointing to hear. Presumably the LED lighting would be making up a chunky portion of that £400k. Perhaps a lot of it was more essential repairs? 

I’m talking more about investigating safe standing, quality of the seats in the home end (Arsenal have really good seats I think?), perhaps adding some sort of Hearts related content on the inside walls of the stands, painting the concourse - that kind of thing. 

Obviously counter argument is every penny spent on seats etc is a penny not spent on the first team so appreciate it might not be viewed as necessary. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, that’s relatively disappointing to hear. Presumably the LED lighting would be making up a chunky portion of that £400k. Perhaps a lot of it was more essential repairs? 

I’m talking more about investigating safe standing, quality of the seats in the home end (Arsenal have really good seats I think?), perhaps adding some sort of Hearts related content on the inside walls of the stands, painting the concourse - that kind of thing. 

Obviously counter argument is every penny spent on seats etc is a penny not spent on the first team so appreciate it might not be viewed as necessary. 

Money is obviously tight at the moment so probably right only essential stuff being done. 

16 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Was the majority of the £400K not spent repairing the pitch?

Wouldn't have thought so the company carrying out the work were only on site for a couple of days.

3 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Toilets in Wheatfield still leaking but I've missed it so much I just laughed when I saw it.Nice to get hot water for a change but there definitely needs to be some serious maintenance done around the stadium.once the FOH takes over from Budge I'd like to think that this will be dealt with,afterall safety is important within the stadium 

Wonder if the fine dining Skyline Restaurant (which I enjoy) has replaced the manky ceiling panel yet?

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Wonder if the fine dining Skyline Restaurant (which I enjoy) has replaced the manky ceiling panel yet?

Now that you have highlighted it Anne will be up there in a shot replacing it herself. She won't want her precious Restaurant getting bad reviews 😂

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Toilets in Wheatfield still leaking but I've missed it so much I just laughed when I saw it.Nice to get hot water for a change but there definitely needs to be some serious maintenance done around the stadium.once the FOH takes over from Budge I'd like to think that this will be dealt with,afterall safety is important within the stadium 

As well as hot water, needs to be paper towels at the basins for half time.

I'm sick of having to dry my hands on other people's scarfs.

jambo-in-furness
4 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I thought the steps were concrete. Not sure it's rust but you never know.

instead of rusty perhaps I should’ve used grotty.

Hectormasson
9 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

Best stadium improvement Hearts could make is to limit / ban the visiting support of Celtic and Rangers!

Total ban.on them all.......

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Now that you have highlighted it Anne will be up there in a shot replacing it herself. She won't want her precious Restaurant getting bad reviews 😂

Correct👏👏👏

Hectormasson
14 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Give it time and it will become an antique, like those old enamel signs you got at garages and newsagents 😁

And on dickinsons realdeal🤣🤣🤣

bigis semiauskas

See the poles behind the goals at Roseburn End holding the nets up, can someone no just slap a bit maroon paint on them

Maroon stops about 2 ft short fae the top. 

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

See the poles behind the goals at Roseburn End holding the nets up, can someone no just slap a bit maroon paint on them

Maroon stops about 2 ft short fae the top. 

Just need to employ a taller painter?

Or get Ian Black back with a step ladder....

21 hours ago, OTT said:

I think we’ll be hard pressed to expand Tynie any further, so it’s maybe now a case of making the facilities top notch and really investing in the match day experience. 

This 😊👍

21 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

I'm led to believe its all to do with the weight of the material. Concrete top to bottom would have required much more foundation work. You can tell the difference when up close to it. 

Correct Boris. 👍

22 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm fully expecting a 2 tier Wheatfield any year now...

It's unfortunate that the stands were designed with those struts over the front of the roofs. The positioning of the floodlights and struts means the chances of ever having the corners filled in are remote. 

I'm no architect but just looking at the design i do wonder if those struts over the front of the stands can be replaced and lighting fitted along the roof edges all the way round the ground instead of on corner pillars. 

Roseburn Stand changed to The John Robertson Stand

I cant see any more development in Tynecastle . The Roseburn and Wheatfield went up in the 90s I wonder what the expectation is of the structure and how long it would potentially last. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Roseburn Stand changed to The John Robertson Stand

I cant see any more development in Tynecastle . The Roseburn and Wheatfield went up in the 90s I wonder what the expectation is of the structure and how long it would potentially last. 

Another 30 odd years I guess. Don’t see them getting replaced before I go to the big stand in the sky. 

The Treasurer
On 15/07/2021 at 14:34, OTT said:

I'm all for good facilities, but the main ingredient of the "match day experience" (I hate that term) is a good, winning team on the pitch 

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 hours ago, sassenach said:

I only get to 2 or 3 games a season, but only once in about 10 years has there not been hot water in the Wheatfield when I've been.  And there has always been paper towels, perhaps I've just been lucky.

There always seems to be plenty of paper towels in the Wheatfield and Gordie stands before the game but none at half time.

The hot water situation has improved and does not seem to be a problem...

...unless someone else knows different.

King Of The Cat Cafe
8 hours ago, jambonian said:

It's unfortunate that the stands were designed with those struts over the front of the roofs. The positioning of the floodlights and struts means the chances of ever having the corners filled in are remote. 

I'm no architect but just looking at the design i do wonder if those struts over the front of the stands can be replaced and lighting fitted along the roof edges all the way round the ground instead of on corner pillars. 

I said something similar a while back and was promptly ridiculed by Those Who Know Better. 😠

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I said something similar a while back and was promptly ridiculed by Those Who Know Better. 😠

Only those with a smattering of engineering knowledge. 😃

King Of The Cat Cafe
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Only those with a smattering of engineering knowledge. 😃

Hmm, yet it was people with "a smattering of engineering knowledge" who designed the Millennium Bridge that swayed; the apartment block in Miami that collapsed; and the Queensferry Crossing that drops ice onto the road.

kingantti1874

It’s not impossible but it would be prohibitively expensive.

There is opportunity to support the roof using a cantilever but in some parts of the ground you may need to look at cable stays due to the space constraints

to do it you’d need to take off the roof, remove the trusses, construct your replacement support and then build a new door.. 

the trusses would need to go so expensive but not impossible to fill in the corners. Not a great leap to suggest it will never happen unless we somehow have money to burn

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Hmm, yet it was people with "a smattering of engineering knowledge" who designed the Millennium Bridge that swayed; the apartment block in Miami that collapsed; and the Queensferry Crossing that drops ice onto the road.

You will just have to live in a field then as it was civil engineers who build every single bit of infrastructure on earth. The roads you drive on, , the house you live in, the skyscrapers, the railways, the bridges, the canals, the stadiums the power stations the dams. 

the apparent men that block in Miami failed becuase of 30 years of neglect. Not the engineering 👍🏻

On 16/07/2021 at 14:14, jambonian said:

Not again! 🙈

iwasthere1954
On 15/07/2021 at 17:22, jambo-in-furness said:

instead of rusty perhaps I should’ve used grotty.

Watched the game today and I see what you mean. It looks like it needs a coat of paint.

On 16/07/2021 at 15:48, sassenach said:

I only get to 2 or 3 games a season, but only once in about 10 years has there not been hot water in the Wheatfield when I've been.  And there has always been paper towels, perhaps I've just been lucky.

👆👆👆

Closed-season chat, eh?

😄

On 15/07/2021 at 14:41, iwasthere1954 said:

Weight!

On 15/07/2021 at 14:43, Boris5115 said:

Probley round about 400 grand if her brother got the job....

5 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Probley round about 400 grand if her brother got the job....

Ha ha that is a touchy subject on here and quite rightly so. Ive heard clubs are getting grants towards upgrading floodlights to led systems and having noticed that both Starks Park and New Douglas Park now have them this would back up this claim. After all both those clubs must be skint. I just don't see where 400K has been spent on Tynie recently. 

FarmerTweedy
On 17/07/2021 at 11:53, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not impossible but it would be prohibitively expensive.

There is opportunity to support the roof using a cantilever but in some parts of the ground you may need to look at cable stays due to the space constraints

to do it you’d need to take off the roof, remove the trusses, construct your replacement support and then build a new door.. 

the trusses would need to go so expensive but not impossible to fill in the corners. Not a great leap to suggest it will never happen unless we somehow have money to burn

I was all for it until finding out it would mean needing a new door too!

• 1 month later...

I see Brechin City have made a newsworthy, ahem, 'improvement'. 😄

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/brechin-city-fc-braveheart-statue-unveiled-outside-a-football-club-compared-to-the-infamous-bronze-ronaldo-sculpture-by-footie-fans-3373403

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/braveheart-statue-brechin-memes-twitter-b1915174.html

That ☝ reminded me of Fulham FC's Michael Jackson faux-pas. Thankfully, our statue has a bit of class about it. Please, no silly statues on Foundation Plaza.

Screenshot_20210908-034116_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20210908-033609_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

On 15/07/2021 at 08:22, jamboiain13 said:

Best stadium improvement Hearts could make is to limit / ban the visiting support of Celtic and Rangers!

This! 👍

Byyy The Light

I’m still buzzing for the suggestion on the safe standing thread to put safe standing in whole of Gorgie stand and use the Gorgie suite as a fans bar before, half time and after the game.

Get our own version of the Yellow Wall/Kop going.

That and create a family zone somewhere with stuff for kids. Bouncy castles, mascots kicking about, face painting, beat the goalie and the like.

No reason we can’t make it a proper match day experience for all different types of folk. We’ve got enough space. 

54 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’m still buzzing for the suggestion on the safe standing thread to put safe standing in whole of Gorgie stand and use the Gorgie suite as a fans bar before, half time and after the game.

Get our own version of the Yellow Wall/Kop going.

That and create a family zone somewhere with stuff for kids. Bouncy castles, mascots kicking about, face painting, beat the goalie and the like.

No reason we can’t make it a proper match day experience for all different types of folk. We’ve got enough space. 

Reva fans bar - The Gorgie suite will make way more from hospitality for this to be an option most weeks.

Edited by Disco Dave

Anyone who thinks there is enough appetite for standing to turn an entire stand into a standing section is kidding themselves on. And I say that as someone who’d prefer to stand. It’d be a few lower sections at most. 

5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Anyone who thinks there is enough appetite for standing to turn an entire stand into a standing section is kidding themselves on. And I say that as someone who’d prefer to stand. It’d be a few lower sections at most. 

Disagree.

Where it would be implemented is the bigger problem.

Standing in the lower causes sight line issues to the lower rows above the concourse and disabled fans.

Making the whole upper of Gorgie causes  issues with Hospitality section.

Changing Section G or other wings causes sight issues to seated F, etc.

Bottom half of the Gorgie stand safe standing. Season tickets only for area above. Members bar to the rear,big screens,decent beer choices.  Let's get back to what football used to be about. A mental frenzied and passionate day out. With a decent amount of lubrication.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Our stands are far too steep to allow safe standing anywhere other than the lower sections I think. 

not sure there is actually a rule for that, I’d say our stands are less steep than Dortmund’s for example

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

Reva fans bar - The Gorgie suite will make way more from hospitality for this to be an option most weeks.

Yip, hospitality is almost sold out for this sunday. They’re not going to swap that for people buying a few beers. 

Is there any official evidence that the stands at Tynecastle are too steep? Is there a report/ link anywhere?

What is the allowable gradient, what is the current gradient in the gorgie stand?

Byyy The Light
31 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Bottom half of the Gorgie stand safe standing. Season tickets only for area above. Members bar to the rear,big screens,decent beer choices.  Let's get back to what football used to be about. A mental frenzied and passionate day out. With a decent amount of lubrication.

:yas:

A_A wehatethehibs
48 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I reckon the 3 central upper gorgie stand sections, think that would total about 1500 a bit under half the capacity of the stand? Think it would be quite popular, particularly if the Gorgie Suite was incorporated as part of it. 

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, hospitality is almost sold out for this sunday. They’re not going to swap that for people buying a few beers. 

My thought was it would stay basically the same hospitality setup for those 500-600 in the gorgie suite, with an additional 500-600 just as regular walk up tickets. But maybe make the 1874 bar exclusive to fans in that section, so they get the songs going in the bar, before the game, then into the stand. Could maybe even have a few hundred season tickets in there as well. 

I think the thing is, at the moment that end, has a pretty deid atmosphere and it could be improved with some pretty simple measures.