Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do the LED not cost a lot more though?  I know the running costs are reportedly less.

The ones in my house do so I would think they do as well.  Maybe some new green stipulation for commercial lighting?

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The ones in my house do so I would think they do as well.  Maybe some new green stipulation for commercial lighting?

Not that it really matters that much for a Football Stadium so long as they do the job but I really don't like the colour of the light produced from LED lights.

I know you get variations on the tone but I find them either too "Blue" or too "Yellow". Probably just beacuse I am used to the old ones for so long.

48 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do the LED not cost a lot more though?  I know the running costs are reportedly less.

The cost benefits far outweigh the initial costs. Old style halogen lamps burn so much energy in comparison - the benefits will significantly improve stadium operating costs and should have been done when the new stand was built. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

We already have the best lit stadium in Scotland, or at least the ones I've seen in person or tv. I'm guessing that the old lights were halogen or similar, and must have been very expensive to run for maybe three hours at a time.

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to run the existing ones compared to LED if anyone knows the answer.

The lights are barely ever off.

During winter I'm sure they are on quite a bit more than 3 hours at a time.

Is so it seemed whenever going past the ground.

Gorgie folk can confirm.

28 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The lights are barely ever off.

During winter I'm sure they are on quite a bit more than 3 hours at a time.

Is so it seemed whenever going past the ground.

Gorgie folk can confirm.

I think you are getting mixed up with turf growing lamps that the club use especially in the winter. These rigs give a powerful glow and are very evident especially as darkness falls. 

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

The cost benefits far outweigh the initial costs. Old style halogen lamps burn so much energy in comparison - the benefits will significantly improve stadium operating costs and should have been done when the new stand was built. 

Maybe AB has lent us some more money to pay for it.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe AB has lent us some more money to pay for it.

Very generous if she has and we needed to do it. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very generous if she has and we needed to do it. 

I suppose that would depend on how much interest she charges. 😍

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Painting the trusses is a good enough investment to stop hibs winning the scottish cup at tynie 

Good planning. 

Francis Albert

Minority of one maybe but disappointing if the trusses are painted white. I am with Simon Inglis who in his enthusiastic description of the dramatic new Tynie, when it was half complete, praised the surprising and vibrant pink of the Wheatfield trusses and was disappointed that the Roseburn had reverted to a dreary grey. Pink of the shade used in the original Wheatfield trusses after all is just a light shade of maroon! 

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Mysterion said:

There will have been other factors as well. How long since the lights were installed? It  must be 20 years at least, so they would be needing replaced anyway, LED's are becoming much cheaper and sourcing replacement Halogen lamps will be getting harder and more expensive.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Not that it really matters that much for a Football Stadium so long as they do the job but I really don't like the colour of the light produced from LED lights.

I know you get variations on the tone but I find them either too "Blue" or too "Yellow". Probably just beacuse I am used to the old ones for so long.

Local councils are replacing the old sodium/Halogen lamps everywhere. They did that last year in front of my house, and the difference is amazing. It's a very white light and quite like daylight.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Minority of one maybe but disappointing if the trusses are painted white. I am with Simon Inglis who in his enthusiastic description of the dramatic new Tynie, when it was half complete, praised the surprising and vibrant pink of the Wheatfield trusses and was disappointed that the Roseburn had reverted to a dreary grey. Pink of the shade used in the original Wheatfield trusses after all is just a light shade of maroon! 

I quite liked it as well. 

• 2 months later...
brian morris

Great to be back in Tynecastle tonight. Pitch looked great and already you can tell its going to be a much more stable surface this season. Trusses painted which looks so much better. New led lights looked brighter in the middle of the pitch and a little duller in the corners in my eyes. One thing I wish they would do is re paint all the gangways with a fresh coat of anti slip paint. The stepps up to the Roseburn Stand are badly corroded and I'm surprised this has not been sorted.

heartsfc_fan

The trusses have been done on the older stands. Been well overdue as the Roseburn ones where starting to show signs of rust.

The pink still remains on the floodlight pylons however.

Also nice to see a maroon seats again in the roseburn. Only one section left to do and same in the wheat field corners 

small thing but nice. The place is looking great. 

jambo-in-furness

Watched the game on tv,  noticed when Hearts and the officials emerged from the tunnel at start of game that the steps up each side of the tunnel looked rusty and shabby.   First impressions for new viewers was not the best.  Where the teams come out is where the cameras focus at the start of big games and in my opinion should be immaculate.

21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Also nice to see a maroon seats again in the roseburn. Only one section left to do and same in the wheat field corners 

small thing but nice. The place is looking great. 

Have they actually done anything to the Roseburn though? The lower seats got replaced/sorted a couple of years if I remember right, the upper tiers looked the same to me today.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Have they actually done anything to the Roseburn though? The lower seats got replaced/sorted a couple of years if I remember right, the upper tiers looked the same to me today.

sorry, just noticed tonight that the lower sections have been replaced bar one end section. Didn’t realise they were done a few years ago , I thought they were done this close season 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
look good though 

I was in the roseburn tonight and it quite grim compared to the main stand.  The stairs leading to the concourse are needing replaced and the toilets look shabby, but mind you it's only for the ugly sisters why waste it there. 🤣

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Sigma One said:

I was in the roseburn tonight and it quite grim compared to the main stand.  The stairs leading to the concourse are needing replaced and the toilets look shabby, but mind you it's only for the ugly sisters why waste it there. 🤣

And the stickers were still evident from huns and well visiting, wouldn’t waste money on it though 

Back of the Bus

What was with the added security last night btw? 

I went through 3 layers of stewards who each checked I had a ticket and also had to undergo a metal detector sweep. 

Bit overkill for 2k fans v Cove. 

Clark Griswold
45 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

I went through 3 layers of stewards who each checked I had a ticket and also had to undergo a metal detector sweep. 

haha I though this too - a bit overkill to scan everyone for metal before getting to the turnstiles. Lassie at the Wheatfield entrance said 'ye need to keep 4 seat apart awright?' Nae bother hen.

1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

A waste of time because the metal detector beeped and the guy went 'phone/keys in your pocket?' and I said 'aye' and he sent me on my way.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Back of the Bus said:

Good starting point for lessons learned when its not so busy.

I got pulled out the queue, hood thrown over head and huckled into the Gorgie Suite for interrogation. 

Missed the first goal.  

Edited by Debut 4

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I got pulled out the queue, hood thrown over head and huckled into the Gorgie Suite for interrogation. 

Missed the first goal.  

They clearly got my report line text then…

2 hours ago, kila said:

A waste of time because the metal detector beeped and the guy went 'phone/keys in your pocket?' and I said 'aye' and he sent me on my way.

Same. 

Back of the Bus
3 hours ago, kila said:

Same here!! 😃😃

Utterly bizarre. 

Back of the Bus
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Good starting point for lessons learned when its not so busy.

That’s kind of my point man. What are they seeking to learn and what’s the justification for bringing it in? 

Are they expecting folk to be carrying blades for a Wednesday night game against St Johnstone? 

Might be a government thing which raises more questions. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Back of the Bus said:

That’s kind of my point man. What are they seeking to learn and what’s the justification for bringing it in? 

Are they expecting folk to be carrying blades for a Wednesday night game against St Johnstone? 

Might be a government thing which raises more questions. 

Presumably for Cat A games, but you would want to try it out on a quiet night first, get your feedback and clear out the gremlins before you launch with a full 20k

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Miss the the pink truss on the Wheatfield. 🙁

What colour is your truss now? Or o you not wear it anymore?

16 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

School end access steps in horrendous need of paint job

Deliberately dilapidated so there is no access to the stand for away fans potentially in the future. 😏

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

School end access steps in horrendous need of paint job

I emailed the club twice about two seasons ago re the state of the stepps in section A and B. The amount of folk slipping / falling on their arse when the stepps where wet was bad. It's clear that the have never been painted with non slip paint for years. Needless to say I never got a reply from the club on each of my emails. Do we have a stadium manager as last I knew it was a guy called Keith Hogg but have no idea if he is still at the club. As for the state of the stairs leading into the Roseburn Stand your right they are shocking. 

Bungalow Bill

I’m still waiting for the old Strongbow sign on the side of the Wheatfield (Section A) to be removed? It looks ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, Back of the Bus said:

Same here!! 😃😃

Utterly bizarre. 

Na just shit stewards

Only stadium improvement I noticed in the highlights was Pollock showing great composure before rifling a shot against the post.

7 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

I’m still waiting for the old Strongbow sign on the side of the Wheatfield (Section A) to be removed? It looks ridiculous. 

Give it time and it will become an antique, like those old enamel signs you got at garages and newsagents 😁

jamboiain13

Best stadium improvement Hearts could make is to limit / ban the visiting support of Celtic and Rangers!

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

Best stadium improvement Hearts could make is to limit / ban the visiting support of Celtic and Rangers!

As long as crowds are restricted it will certainly be welcome spin off.

Toilets in Wheatfield still leaking but I've missed it so much I just laughed when I saw it.Nice to get hot water for a change but there definitely needs to be some serious maintenance done around the stadium.once the FOH takes over from Budge I'd like to think that this will be dealt with,afterall safety is important within the stadium 

8 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Toilets in Wheatfield still leaking but I've missed it so much I just laughed when I saw it.Nice to get hot water for a change but there definitely needs to be some serious maintenance done around the stadium.once the FOH takes over from Budge I'd like to think that this will be dealt with,afterall safety is important within the stadium 

Possibly an indicator at just how skint we are at the moment.

iwasthere1954
On 14/07/2021 at 00:05, jambo-in-furness said:

Watched the game on tv,  noticed when Hearts and the officials emerged from the tunnel at start of game that the steps up each side of the tunnel looked rusty and shabby.   First impressions for new viewers was not the best.  Where the teams come out is where the cameras focus at the start of big games and in my opinion should be immaculate.

I thought the steps were concrete. Not sure it's rust but you never know.

1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I thought the steps were concrete. Not sure it's rust but you never know.

Bottom section of the new stand is concrete steps. Top section is like a light alloy type of material. 

1 hour ago, rubyruby said:

Maintenance in the older stands has been neglected for some time now. These stands are defo in need of a face lift. 

32 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Maintenance in the older stands has been neglected for some time now. These stands are defo in need of a face lift. 

I think we’ll be hard pressed to expand Tynie any further, so it’s maybe now a case of making the facilities top notch and really investing in the match day experience.