Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

Ex member of the SaS

Up grading the lights should save money in the long run as they will be cheaper to run. Regular maintenance is required as fixing things that break can be more expensive.

Not sure giving a certain manager a huge budget and ignoring maintenance is such a good idea either. 

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

davemclaren
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not sure giving a certain manager a huge budget and ignoring maintenance is such a good idea either. 

Lucky they’re not doing that then.

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, davemclaren said:

Lucky they’re not doing that then.

TBF I would have them playing in a shite hole if the quality of player was much higher than the last two managers have procured.

davemclaren
Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I would have them playing in a shite hole if the quality of player was much higher than the last two managers have procured.

Not a good strategy to let your fixed assets seriously deteriorate. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not a good strategy to let your fixed assets seriously deteriorate. 

That's just auld age. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's just auld age. 

That’s the issue with auld age, things start wearing out. 

I'd have the inside edges of the the stands covered in something to hide the construction materials. It could be huge, paid-for advertising. Or huge memorabilia for the club to proudly display.

The Wheatfield once had images of the fans. I thought it worked quite well.

Edited by MCW1976

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Pepe le pew said:

No the painting is being done by a company that pays big time to advertise at fester road

Thistle? Yogi’s brothers firm?

I would love to see the insides of the stands painted maroon. I think it would look incredible and really freshen the place up. 

9 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Last time Boro were promoted to the Premier League they had to get the floodlights upgraded.  Something to do with 4K TV and the flicker rate, the TV contract specified that clubs had to have a particular specification of light.

I don't know what the situation is in Scotland, but could it be something similar? 

https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/12/18/7684/htm

Very good decision to switch to LED lighting now. The current floodlights are discharge lamps and in time are being made obsolete, they are also very expensive to replace. LED technology is moving incredibly fast and in addition to the power saving will have a long lifespan and cut down on maintenance costs. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Filling in the corners first 😜

Would love that , some say it can’t be done others say it can 🤷‍♂️ Live in hope 😎

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, One five said:

Would love that , some say it can’t be done others say it can 🤷‍♂️ Live in hope 😎

If we ever need to we will be doing well. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we ever need to we will be doing well. 

So the end of next season then 👍

9 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Hope we get some LED disco lights like Parkhead. 

Mibbe the LED bulbs will come with wee remote controls that can change the colour. 

1 hour ago, One five said:

Filling in the corners would be great but would cost a lot of money. 

Im not clever enough to post a picture of the juventus stadium, but it looks to me that they have similar trusses and have supported them from behind the stand and also from the front with a couple of reinforced steel supports. 

Personally I would love for this to happen and place safestanding in the corners creating the old shed atmosphere again. 

Hopefully I win the euromillions and can make this happen. 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think it’s called stadium maintenance 

EG Why the **** are the painting that railway bridge again? Waste of ****ing money...

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Very good decision to switch to LED lighting now. The current floodlights are discharge lamps and in time are being made obsolete, they are also very expensive to replace. LED technology is moving incredibly fast and in addition to the power saving will have a long lifespan and cut down on maintenance costs. 

And consequently better for the environment - appreciate that will get abuse - but you likely all just voted for a party that had such matters at the core of their manifesto...so you  all relevant people will back anything that helps the planet...

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I didn't 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😀

I'm being a bit pedantic here, but it makes less difference to the environment the more we move away from fossil fuels and towards renewables to generate electricity.  Using less electricity will of course save money, so I'm still all for it.

Genuinely surprised that solar panels on the appropriate facing stand roofs are not more commonplace at the clubs. The  angles of some stand roofs would generate a lot of energy IMO.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, novoman said:

Im not clever enough to post a picture of the juventus stadium, but it looks to me that they have similar trusses and have supported them from behind the stand and also from the front with a couple of reinforced steel supports. 

Personally I would love for this to happen and place safestanding in the corners creating the old shed atmosphere again. 

Keep playing it mate you never know 🤞

3 hours ago, One five said:

It cannot be done without dismantling the stadium and starting again.

Perth to Paisley
3 hours ago, novoman said:

Having been to Turin  the Juventus stadium is nothing like Tynecastle.

davemclaren
48 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It cannot be done without dismantling the stadium and starting again.

That’s a big lottery win needed then. 

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s the issue with auld age, things start wearing out. 

Aye and once its worn out and goes pop theres nothing but a cloud of dust....

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Do they change colour with one of those remotes though. If not its a waste of money.....

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do they change colour with one of those remotes though. If not its a waste of money.....

You only get a remote if you’re in VIP seating. 
Boring lighting fact. You can’t make maroon with LED. 

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a big lottery win needed then. 

Aye, my £3.70 win on Friday ain't gonna help.

Great stadium.  Great team.  Great womens team.  Maroon trees.  Electronic scoreboard.

The power of positive thinking.  All of the above is more than possible.

17 hours ago, davieholt said:

We used to have a scoreboard at the Gorgie end showing the scores from the other grounds. Was popular at the time.

Snag was you had to buy a program to work out which games were which

16 hours ago, weehammy said:

In the old manual scoreboard if Hibs were drawing 0 - 0 at home at half-time, the guy in the box would put up the 0 and then display brief and tantalising glimpses of the numerals 5 or 6 before finally adding the second 0.

16 hours ago, bairdy said:

I did the half-time scoreboard for a while many moons ago.

A mate who was also doing it , once put up a score , for a laugh, that the lochenders were getting beat 5 or 6 - 0.

The crowd was roaring ! When the guy who was in charge saw what he had done, he went mental !

When it was removed , some of the crowd were non too pleased, to say the least !

Scoreboard on the North Terracing 

20201216_163829.jpg

20201216_163647.jpg

Surely an angled extension to the roof to prevent the first 8 rows being pelted with raindrops would be welcome.

Edited by dannymack

We used to have a scoreboard at the Gorgie end showing the scores from the other grounds. Was popular at the time.

In the old manual scoreboard if Hibs were drawing 0 - 0 at home at half-time, the guy in the box would put up the 0 and then display brief and tantalising glimpses of the numerals 5 or 6 before finally adding the second 0.

A mate who was also doing it , once put up a score , for a laugh, that the lochenders were getting beat 5 or 6 - 0.

The crowd was roaring ! When the guy who was in charge saw what he had done, he went mental !

When it was removed , some of the crowd were non too pleased, to say the least !

Ricardo Quaresma
19 hours ago, Shaun-mortimer said:

You keep trying Kila, maybe one day Lol

🤔

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, sassenach said:

LEDs OOT!!!!

Maroon doesn't show on an LED lamp!

highlandjambo3
21 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Final pun? Thankfully this work being done saved us from

allowing the SFA to hold the Scottish Cup final, which would’ve meant thousands of vermin drinking in the pubs in Gorgie and lowering the tone in general.  

Not to mention additional vaccination shots for everyone in the general area

Rick James
15 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

I'd have the inside edges of the the stands covered in something to hide the construction materials. It could be huge, paid-for advertising. Or huge memorabilia for the club to proudly display.

The Wheatfield once had images of the fans. I thought it worked quite well.

Remember all the old posters too of Hearts Heroes there. Think there was still one kicking about in the Wheatfield a couple of seasons ago, but all gone now.

12 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We need a bigger capacity ffs.....too small for a club with any ambition

No chance. Not anytime soon. Since the new main stand opened, we've only got close to selling out for Category A games, and even that was probably due to giving the opposition the full Roseburn. 

The day we need more seats, is the day we give those clubs the bare minimum and still have to shut out Hearts fans queuing for tickets. Aside from those Category A games, you can queue up at the Ticket Office an hour before kick off and get tickets no problem.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not to mention additional vaccination shots for everyone in the general area

Hahahahaha I used to get them before going to Leith 😜

Shanks said no
18 hours ago, Pepe le pew said:

Sorry dumbreck

cheers, good firm when Ogilvie was at the helm. Had a box at St James Park and the Xmas hampers were excellent.

those were the days. 

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

You only get a remote if you’re in VIP seating. 
Boring lighting fact. You can’t make maroon with LED. 

Can you get close to maroon though? A lot of our "maroon" jerseys have been more red than maroon to a lot of purists.

upgotheheads
On 12/05/2021 at 11:22, davemclaren said:

Essential maintenance at one end of the spectrum or non-essential flamboyance at the other. Take your pick where your head’s at.  :sadrobbo:

We already have the best lit stadium in Scotland, or at least the ones I've seen in person or tv. I'm guessing that the old lights were halogen or similar, and must have been very expensive to run for maybe three hours at a time.

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to run the existing ones compared to LED if anyone knows the answer.

iwasthere1954
23 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Clearly not a priority but I would love the club to replace the white, faded seats in the Roseburn Stand. Makes the stand look shabby.

Just wait until the OF and the hibz come calling and we can change them with the money from breakages. 

I'm still waiting on the seats and trees to go into the plaza. Break up the Monoblock car park look a bit

43 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We already have the best lit stadium in Scotland, or at least the ones I've seen in person or tv. I'm guessing that the old lights were halogen or similar, and must have been very expensive to run for maybe three hours at a time.

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to run the existing ones compared to LED if anyone knows the answer.

Do the LED not cost a lot more though?  I know the running costs are reportedly less.