Stadium Improvements

Boris5115

Passed Tynie for the first time in a while this morning and noticed that the floodlights are currently being replaced with a new LED system I would imagine this must be costing a few quid to replace the existing ones. Looks the the trusses on the three older stands have been painted aswell. I'd have thought that given limited income during the pandemic things like this would have been put on the back burner. Hopefully the team can shine as bright as the new lights next season. 

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• Libertarian

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Passed Tynie for the first time in a while this morning and noticed that the floodlights are currently being replaced with a new LED system I would imagine this must be costing a few quid to replace the existing ones. Looks the the trusses on the three older stands have been painted aswell. I'd have thought that given limited income during the pandemic things like this would have been put on the back burner. Hopefully the team can shine as bright as the new lights next season. 

I think the foodlights have been needing a changed for a while now some of the bulbs never even came on. would be good to see the trusses painted white not pink 😜 . The should get the flags of the nations our players are from like they did back in the early 2000's AND get rid of that half sign in the wheatfield inner wall. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Was that whole post constructed just for the final pun?

8 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I think the trusses have been painted too. 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not at all. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure I mentioned this in my post. 

davemclaren

Essential maintenance at one end of the spectrum or non-essential flamboyance at the other. Take your pick where your head’s at.  :sadrobbo:

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, been here before said:

Final pun? Thankfully this work being done saved us from

allowing the SFA to hold the Scottish Cup final, which would’ve meant thousands of vermin drinking in the pubs in Gorgie and lowering the tone in general.  

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Any one know if we are getting large screens 

Filling in the corners first 😜

Pasquale for King

Should there be a certain percentage of FoH contributions every year set aside for stadium improvements like this going forward? 

34 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

FOH money?

Couldn’t rule it out could you. Another possible delay to the transfer of shares 😜

Gordon Ramsay

Seem to have plenty money for things like this. 

Let's hope it gets invested in the team this summer and we come out all guns blazing next season... 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Hopefully they are painting the walls maroon while they are at it :whistling:

You keep trying Kila, maybe one day Lol

1 hour ago, kila said:

Hopefully they are painting the walls maroon while they are at it :whistling:

The police box needs spruced up also.  It has a pointless line across it and looks daft.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

What about the windows in the new stand? Have they got a cleaner appointed yet? 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The police box needs spruced up also.  It has a pointless line across it and looks daft.

They've covered it in Advertising I think. I don't know what the brickies were thinking, absolute mess. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What about the windows in the new stand? Have they got a cleaner appointed yet? 

Self cleaning windaes. 🤣

10 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Wish we would put in a scoreboard or big screen a lot of clubs nowadays have one 

Can we show a film on them during the games to try and make people stick around during another snoozefest of sideways football?

jimmy the jambo

Just like the new stand thread from a few years ago  - we need pictures to prove these changes are happening 😂

Edited by jimmy the jambo

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Any one know if we are getting large screens 

Was told by someone employed at hearts, that they have screens but not put up ,in  storage atm.....

59 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Wish we would put in a scoreboard or big screen a lot of clubs nowadays have one 

Im getting on a bit but I can usually remember what the score is during the game.

King Of The Cat Cafe
45 minutes ago, FTH said:

Can we show a film on them during the games to try and make people stick around during another snoozefest of sideways football?

Put the goals from the 2012 final on a loop whenever Hibs visit.

We used to have a scoreboard at the Gorgie end showing the scores from the other grounds. Was popular at the time.

Snag was you had to buy a program to work out which games were which

Edited by davieholt
Additional info

Carl Weathers

Clearly not a priority but I would love the club to replace the white, faded seats in the Roseburn Stand. Makes the stand look shabby.

14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Im getting on a bit but I can usually remember what the score is during the game.

Well as someone pointed out could put some other form of entertainment on it if the game is shite 

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

I did the half-time scoreboard for a while many moons ago.

A mate who was also doing it , once put up a score , for a laugh, that the lochenders were getting beat 5 or 6 - 0.

The crowd was roaring ! When the guy who was in charge saw what he had done, he went mental !

When it was removed , some of the crowd were non too pleased, to say the least !

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Would make the capacity 20k.

Or just use them for the press. 

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Well as someone pointed out could put some other form of entertainment on it if the game is shite 

Man City game perhaps?

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

I said that a couple of years ago. It should've been integrated into the design. Almost all new stands/grounds built nowadays for bigger clubs have them included. It's just the modern way. A bit like buying a brand new car whereby folk now expect to get various screens and media sources included. It's just the way the modern world has developed.

58 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I'm sure everyone knows the score in their particular games but it hasn't stopped new stands/grounds having them installed. Modern i know, and not that important in the grand scheme of things but still done nonetheless.

19 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

What colour?

I'm assuming White. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Green I hear. 😜

Ann Budge's brother in law painted them himself. :whistling:

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Green I hear. 😜

Must have been JB Contracts that won the tender then 😜

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I'm assuming White. 

Ann Budge's brother in law painted them himself. :whistling:

Brother not bro in law pal. 

LED lights will be great, and will probably save the installation cost just in electricity usage after a year or two.  Half of our bulbs didn't work in the first place :lol:

As long as they're not too bright, otherwise it'll be like driving at night in front of one of those Audi twats with laser beam headlights.  Won't see a thing in the evening kick offs!

Edited by tian447

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I said that a couple of years ago. It should've been integrated into the design. Almost all new stands/grounds built nowadays for bigger clubs have them included. It's just the modern way. A bit like buying a brand new car whereby folk now expect to get various screens and media sources included. It's just the way the modern world has developed.

I'm sure everyone knows the score in their particular games but it hasn't stopped new stands/grounds having them installed. Modern i know, and not that important in the grand scheme of things but still done nonetheless.

I’m distracted enough by the digital clocks in big games, not really sure what use the scoreboards are apart from showing VAR is looking at something. 
Some sort of deal for WiFi would be a better bet, log in for a pound perhaps. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

LED lights will be great, and will probably save the installation cost just in electricity usage after a year or two.  Half of our bulbs didn't work in the first place :lol:

As long as they're not too bright, otherwise it'll be like driving at night in front of one of those Audi twats with laser beam headlights.  Won't see a thing in the evening kick offs!

You say it like it’s a bad thing 😆

queensferryjambo
4 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Passed Tynie for the first time in a while this morning and noticed that the floodlights are currently being replaced with a new LED system I would imagine this must be costing a few quid to replace the existing ones. 

Should save on energy long term and pay for itself.

Tynecastle going green (maybe a bad choice of words) ;)