Pressley joins Brentford...

Section Q

3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Should have been our manager.

805B45B0-AF56-416E-AC7B-72582E0A2070.jpeg

Not far enough away from Gorgie!

He must be in line to be our manage, he talks the boring mind-numbing talk!

Psychedelicropcircle
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, it's been mentioned on the thread umpteen times. 

I didn’t have my 🤓 on....ya crabbit b...

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Fast forward six months "Brentford FC today announce the departure of Steven Pressley as Head of Development. We'd like to thank Steven for all his hard work and wish him every success for the future"

As he's joining Heart of Midlothian as their new head coach. 

:)

Forever Hearts
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

As he's joining Heart of Midlothian as their new head coach. 

:)

*shudders violently

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Whatever anyone thinks of him I think one thing we all thought when he was playing for Hearts was that he would make a great manager.

It is vaguely interesting that he hasn’t made it at that level IMO.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Brentford’s  moneyball ethos is right up his street!

He’s undoubtedly better at developing than managing players.- compare his Falkirk/Coventry records

They will get to the Premiership eventually - maybe even this season?

interestingly his son Aaron is a player at the club and the Brentford B team manager is Neil  MacFarlane who was once a team mate and assistant to Elvis at a few clubs.

[McFarlane was blighted with injuries and an early casualty in the Burley regime.

He could have been a really good player.

McFarlane was also Robbie’s Assistant manager at MK Dons]

Networks, eh!

Jobs for the boys. 
It’s not what you know etc. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Jobs for the boys. 
It’s not what you know etc. 

With the way Brentford work and being very data and analysis focussed I doubt MacFarlane blagging a job for his mate will have been authorised by Thomas Frank on a job for the boys type appointment. That is simply not the way Brentford operate.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

With the way Brentford work and being very data and analysis focussed I doubt MacFarlane blagging a job for his mate will have been authorised by Thomas Frank on a job for the boys type appointment. That is simply not the way Brentford operate.

It’s a fair point as they sussed out Warburton and Weir as dodgy ****ers. 
He must’ve been given a recommendation by Macfarlane though at the very least, hope Frank realises snakey will be looking to replace him. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a fair point as the sussed out Warburton and Weir as dodgy ****ers. 
He must’ve been given a recommendation by Macfarlane though at the very least, hope Frank realises snakey will be looking to replace him. 

Sure there are connections - his lad being there as well - people won’t want to hear it but as a result Elvis will have had plenty chats with the football department and it would appear clear they liked what he had to say - no doubt vouched for by MacFarlane but not the initiating reason.

Alot of fathers are very involved in discussing their kids development with the main people at clubs - at Hearts in particular they do get to have discussions regularly with the key footballing staff.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sure there are connections - his lad being there as well - people won’t want to hear it but as a result Elvis will have had plenty chats with the football department and it would appear clear they liked what he had to say - no doubt vouched for by MacFarlane but not the initiating reason.

Alot of fathers are very involved in discussing their kids development with the main people at clubs - at Hearts in particular they do get to have discussions regularly with the key footballing staff.

Yeah my nephew is a UEFA Pro licence coach and has been involved with my great nephews development to such and extent he got a job with St Johnstone. 
He defended Levein for quite a while as he used to be at my great nephews training and games when he played at u11 with us. 
It might well suit Pressley to be in the background, not everyone is suited to being a manager but should be working in football somewhere. 

Glencoejambo
6 hours ago, smiler said:

Good luck to our cup winning captain and club legend. Hope he does well, I like Big Elvis.

Sad to see the bitter twisted brigade are STILL spewing after all this time. Shame.

Yep, Steven Pressley gave 100% as a player for Hearts and was dumped out of the club for speaking out on the madness at the club by an idiot of an owner who dictated team selection amongst other things!

Good luck Elvis!

Maroon Sailor
22 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

His son plays for them Aaron 

Chip off the old block

65432981_Large(1).thumb.jpeg.008bd08f5fa2a9882df5685dedea52a1.jpeg

21 hours ago, Rods said:

I wonder if he want to take Loic Damour from us.

No one is taking Loic Damour off us now. He hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for 2 years

I P Knightley
On 12/05/2021 at 10:55, Perth to Paisley said:

Brentford’s  moneyball ethos is right up his street!

He’s undoubtedly better at developing than managing players.- compare his Falkirk/Coventry records

They will get to the Premiership eventually - maybe even this season?

interestingly his son Aaron is a player at the club and the Brentford B team manager is Neil  MacFarlane who was once a team mate and assistant to Elvis at a few clubs.

If your surname's Pressley and you're nicknamed Elvis, are you really going to call your son Aaron?

Still, I like Brentford (lots of pals are supporters, cacking themselves at the thought of (I think) 10 playoff fails in a row) and I like Pressley so this is good news.

Fire_At_The_Disco
9 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He should be working for Slytherin FC

Absolutely and some on here call him a legend :jj_facepalm:

Perth to Paisley
3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I don't know if it's been confirmed today... Does his boy still play for them? 🤔

Yes.

Mentioned a few times

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Yes.

Mentioned a few times

Thanks pal. I didn't see it today. 👍 

Paddy Crossan
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Thanks for that, they did a lot of good tunes. I saw them in a bar in Halifax, Nova Scotia, many years ago

22 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed, Brentford will have done their homework - hope it works out well for Elvis.

Hearts1975

Wish him the very best - putting the chest thumping to one side, he Was one of the best, and most committed Captains, we have ever had 

Good luck to him, he looked a bit rough when he was doing the pundit gig at Tynie in the weird hat. 

Typical jobs for the boys though, sounds like a position thats been created for the sake of it with some loose justification :D 

But, hope he makes a success of it. I think he could be a decent manager if he can find another club like Falkirk. Hopefully this gives him the platform to do that. 

I P Knightley
23 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Chip off the old block

65432981_Large(1).thumb.jpeg.008bd08f5fa2a9882df5685dedea52a1.jpeg

ElwPUeoXEAIeElf.jpg

Definitely got his dad's jawline. There's 6'5" of him playing up top. Not getting much 1st team action with Ivan Toney setting all sorts of records in his position but he seems to be a well-regarded prospect.

Bit surprised at this - was never part of the "Snake" gang but Brentford are a well run outfit and are taking on someone with experience but no particular positive track record. That said the role he has taken seems typical of the type of attention to detail Brentford take in relation to analysis and player improvement and development.

Broxburn Jambo
On 12/05/2021 at 21:06, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Story goes Peter Mackay was never away from Tony Ford

I see the Elivs had a quick impact on Brentford since coming in :jj_facepalm:

Hoping they can over turn the 1,0 defeat last night . 

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I see the Elivs had a quick impact on Brentford since coming in :jj_facepalm:

Hoping they can over turn the 1,0 defeat last night . 

As much as I don't rate him as a manager blaming him for last night is a bit much. He's got nothing to do with the first team.  

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

As much as I don't rate him as a manager blaming him for last night is a bit much. He's got nothing to do with the first team.  

It was a joke fella I know he has nothing to do with the first team