Oli McBurnie (NHC - Thank Goodness)

Zen Jambo

AlphonseCapone
On 11/05/2021 at 20:42, jamboinglasgow said:

There is an element of people who think footballers going about their everyday life are free game to try and wind up. 

McBurnie will rightly face consequences for his actions but there needs to be discussion about abuse players get and what is acceptable.

So a random is shouting abuse at someone in the street because that someone is a footballer. Is filming it because presumably he thinks he'll get a virtual hand job when he post it on whatever moronic social media platform is in vogue at the minute. Proceeds to walk up to the same someone because they've responded and then gets leathered? 

Struggling to see why McBurnie is the bad guy here. I'm not sure all you "self-controlled" lads sitting watching this on your phone or laptop in the comfort of your own home should be trying to analyse this rationally when you're not in that situation and don't know what the guy puts up with constantly. 

Folk that shout abuse at strangers are *****. Folk that film strangers are *****. Folk that shout abuse at strangers and film it are double *****. Folk that shout abuse at strangers, film it and post it on social media are ***** to infinity. 

All I see is twat get a smack. Good. Maybe there'd be less ***** if this happened a bit more.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Shanks

• i8hibsh

• BigAlim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlphonseCapone
45 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

:notsure:

In pressurised situations, it’s essential to consider your actions and take emotion out your thinking. It really is an important skill to learn, though drunk people really struggle with it.  Maybe that was the issue🤔

Maybe, best not judge us all by your and Oli low standards tbqfhwy. 

Seriously, all manners of professions have to put up and deal with extreme pressure and abuse. FFS you work in the NHS, I’ve seen nurses and doctors receive more abuse from a patient last time I had to go to A&E, yet they managed to not to dish out slaps. 

How’s his decision working out for him? It’s not even self control, thinking about, it’s just not making stupid decisions. You really should not need self control to not do something thats  self harming🤷🏻‍♂️ Making a stupid decision because you can’t control your emotions is child like. 

As an aside the guy (who is a arse) he assaulted released a statement basically saying let’s call it quits. Wonder if was paid to go away or guy just realised he was a dick🤷🏻‍♂️

Your not sure why he is the bad guy here? Well he appears to have broken the law and committed assault. Surely, you understand two wrongs don’t make a right.......

Not everyone can manage to do the things you want them to. I'm afraid the world and humans are more complex than you seem to appreciate. People are different, not sure if you are aware. I'd imagine you exhibit plenty behaviours that many folk would find hard to understand. Try to broaden your awareness of others who have different experiences perhaps. 

I don't work in the NHS? Not sure what professions have to do with it tbh. It's fundamentally about people. It's not like it's all footballers reacting like this is it. And it's not like other professions don't have examples of individuals reacting very aggressively. The police for example, and I think they get much more training in "self-control" than football players do. But that's the complexity of humans for you. Lots of folk struggle to control their emotions and there can be a lot of reasons for that. Perhaps McBurnie is faced with this sort of thing constantly and simply snapped on this day. Does it make it right? Nah, but it's understandable. 

People make stupid decisions all the time. What sort of bizarre alternative universe do you live in if you think that doesn't happen? Are you claiming you've never made a stupid decision with negative consequences?  

He potentially battered a guy that completely asked for it, I won't be losing any sleep over it. I'm much more offended by his performances for Scotland than I am for him allegedly slapping a wee tosser about the place. 

john thomas
On 14/05/2021 at 18:34, Lord BJ said:

:notsure:

In pressurised situations, it’s essential to consider your actions and take emotion out your thinking. It really is an important skill to learn, though drunk people really struggle with it.  Maybe that was the issue🤔

Maybe, best not judge us all by your and Oli low standards tbqfhwy. 

Seriously, all manners of professions have to put up and deal with extreme pressure and abuse. FFS you work in the NHS, I’ve seen nurses and doctors receive more abuse from a patient last time I had to go to A&E, yet they managed to not to dish out slaps. 

How’s his decision working out for him? It’s not even self control, thinking about, it’s just not making stupid decisions. You really should not need self control to not do something thats  self harming🤷🏻‍♂️ Making a stupid decision because you can’t control your emotions is child like. 

As an aside the guy (who is a arse) he assaulted released a statement basically saying let’s call it quits. Wonder if was paid to go away or guy just realised he was a dick🤷🏻‍♂️

Your not sure why he is the bad guy here? Well he appears to have broken the law and committed assault. Surely, you understand two wrongs don’t make a right.......

A fine piece of pomposity .