New dug

Unknown user

Unknown user

Been wanting one for years but my ex hates them so I've had to wait till now.

I'd planned to rescue a greyhound but then I mentioned it to my mum. Within an hour I got a call from a woman in Bulgaria asking if I want a rescue puppy and sending photos - old lady jungle drums beat hard and fast!

Anyway, I couldn't say no so wee Minky will be here in a few weeks.

Show your dugs lads, in the meantime meet Minky

received_302115454648973.jpeg

Edited by Smithee

Rodger Mellie
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I'd planned to rescue a greyhound but then I mentioned it to my mum. Within an hour I got a call from a woman in Bulgaria asking if I want a rescue puppy and sending photos - old lady jungle drums beat hard and fast!

Nice one man! I wish more people would get rescue dogs, instead of buying them.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Don't take this the wrong way but why Bulgaria and not a dug in this country that needs "rescued"?

Only because the woman in my mum's old lady network that had a puppy and was looking for someone is in Bulgaria. I was planning to wait a while yet.

Auld Reekin'
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Looks a nice wee fellae. One question: do you know what breed(s) he is? Asking mainly as he could turn out to be massive, depending on his parentage. Too many folk get a cute wee puppy that ends-up huge, eating huge amounts, and needing huge amounts of exercise and attention.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Looks a nice wee fellae. One question: do you know what breed(s) he is? Asking mainly as he could turn out to be massive, depending on his parentage. Too many folk get a cute wee puppy that ends-up huge, eating huge amounts, and needing huge amounts of exercise and attention.

She's from a street dog litter, this is her mum though, looks to be medium at most hopefully.

FB_IMG_1619871891350.jpg

FB_IMG_1619871852531.jpg

Edited by Smithee

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ea11d826d3c7a24735d39fd1aeaa2a92.jpegOur dog, spying food on dining table. 

It’s not really a dog, it’s a pet that thinks it’s human due to the way, the wife in particular treats, it. 

I'm telling myself I'll be a strong pack leader and teach it some discipline. But hungry dogs with big eyes..

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

She's from a street dog litter, this is her mum though, looks to be medium at most hopefully.

FB_IMG_1619871891350.jpg

FB_IMG_1619871852531.jpg

:icon14:  As long as you know more or less what to expect. The mother looks part Alsatian, or similar, but it'll also depend on what the father is. Anyway, good on you.

Unknown user
Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

:icon14:  As long as you know more or less what to expect. The mother looks part Alsatian, or similar, but it'll also depend on what the father is. Anyway, good on you.

Some wolf in there too I reckon, there's a lot of them in the area apparently.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s not easy. She’s was at vet and they were like she could do with losing a couple of lbs. Not sure if it’s harder on me on her not giving her tit bits. 

The happiness they get when you give a tit bit. 

Shit I'm in trouble

Auld Reekin'
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Some wolf in there too I reckon, there's a lot of them in the area apparently.

Could be... As long as there's no brown bear, you should be OK.  :icon14:

Jamhammer

Ziggy boy. Had him 18 months. From Romania but we got him from a rescue in Fife.

He’s a good boy. Yes he is.

48A82A72-2ADA-4C12-95BF-89CB4A9F5391.jpeg

Lovely wee puppy.

This is Hamish dug. He’s going to be 5 this week. He got me though being at home this last year. Love him to bits. 

AE20F859-9CFD-4DB0-BB57-07E46FD955A9.jpeg

Maple Leaf
3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Don't take this the wrong way but why Bulgaria and not a dug in this country that needs "rescued"?

It's a good question.  My family have two rescue dogs; one is from Colombia and the other from Israel.  Yet there are dugs in animal shelters here.  I've asked the question but got only a vague answer.

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

The dog mine plays with is a rescue dig and his new owners have done a brilliant job tk settle him into his new life.

Minky is cute as

Dagger Is Back

This is our Duke. 10 months old and the apple of our lives.

He’s full of mischief. Wife took him a walk to Spylaw Park on Friday and he bolted away from her as they got closer. By the time she got there he’d scattered an outdoor yoga club. Scenes of utter carnage!

image.jpeg.f939457d1d4f49a9070f84ec4e08127b.jpeg

Konrad von Carstein

Our God of Chaos, Ziggy...2 months we've had him...cats hate him, he's a **** Cyclone of energy and disruption.

We love him.

Please note, house is undergoing major renovation hence the awful decor.

received_503613387477652.jpeg

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Allie, rescue dog we adopted at 6 years old almost two years ago. It wasn't an easy initial journey as she had clearly been abused. Cowered away if you tried to pet her and spent most of her time hiding under a bed. I'm guessing that's what she did where she had been.

Took some months before she learned I won the lottery, no one is going to hurt me here no matter what I do. Occasionally goes under a bed still but I suspect that's just for old times sake.

Allie-resize.jpg

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

He’s full of mischief. Wife took him a walk to Spylaw Park on Friday and he bolted away from her as they got closer. By the time she got there he’d scattered an outdoor yoga club. Scenes of utter carnage!

:lol: brilliant! Sounds like the last Alsatian we had, absolutely daft as a brush man. He made me laugh every day. 

I had dogs all my life until I moved out my folks and I’d love to get one again. So tying though...

Hes a cracker man I’d love a lab. 

Rodger Mellie
27 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Allie, rescue dog we adopted at 6 years old almost two years ago. It wasn't an easy initial journey as she had clearly been abused. Cowered away if you tried to pet her and spent most of her time hiding under a bed. I'm guessing that's what she did where she had been.

Took some months before she learned I won the lottery, no one is going to hurt me here no matter what I do. Occasionally goes under a bed still but I suspect that's just for old times sake.

Allie-resize.jpg

Nice dog - glad she's now in a good home! Makes my blood boil thinking about how cruel some are to defenseless animals.

3 hours ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Makes my blood boil thinking about how cruel some are to defenseless animals.

May they all be savaged by rabid pit bulls.

8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Our God of Chaos, Ziggy...2 months we've had him...cats hate him, he's a **** Cyclone of energy and disruption.

We love him.

Please note, house is undergoing major renovation hence the awful decor.

received_503613387477652.jpeg

That's a great looking dog. Love his colouring. It's all going on!

15 hours ago, Smithee said:

That’s mad, I got a jackawaua a month ago looking really similar to that wee one!

3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

That’s mad, I got a jackawaua a month ago looking really similar to that wee one!

Jackawaua? :rofl:Is that mongrel in auld money. 

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, Smithee said:

Hi Minky, 

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: brilliant! Sounds like the last Alsatian we had, absolutely daft as a brush man. He made me laugh every day. 

I had dogs all my life until I moved out my folks and I’d love to get one again. So tying though...

Hes a cracker man I’d love a lab. 

Thanks dude. They bring that much joy but you’re right about the commitment that you have to give them in return 

Our house was empty when we lost our Golden Retriever in October 2019 but this wee fella has changed it all

image.jpeg

Got her 2nd jag last Thursday and was thinking I could finally get her out a walk as she’s climbing the walls but apparently there’s another 2 week wait before it’s safe for her

Konrad von Carstein
11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That is a "IDGAF come at me" look if ever there was one :lol:

Robbo-Jambo
11 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Sounds a character 😅

Fine looking dog as well. 

Konrad von Carstein
2 hours ago, pablo said:

That's a great looking dog. Love his colouring. It's all going on!

Thanks!

He is a bloody pest,  cant sit still for a few minutes, we know he's upto something he shouldn't be doing when it goes quiet :lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Unknown user
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Reckon if I got a dug I'd be calling it Dig

I was thinking about Doug for a boy actually. That or Bob Mortimer.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That is a "IDGAF come at me" look if ever there was one :lol:

Ha ha yeah it is isn't it. To be honest he's a braw natured dog and just wants to be pals with everyone. He didn't bark until he was 8 months old. 

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Sounds a character 😅

Fine looking dog as well. 

Cheers. 5 stone of muscle and nonsense

Maple Leaf

The definition of a perfect human being has to be, a Hearts supporter who loves dogs!

Captain Slog
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Seems a good place to ask.

Allowed on the furniture, yay or nay?

Yay, but not on bus seats

Quality thread. 

Me and the Mrs have been accepted to get a pooch from Hungary. Rescue street dog so sounds similar to some on here. Anyone got any tips for a rescue from abroad? First time dog owners so we are slightly nervous but at the same time looking forward to the life style change. 

Any advice greatly appreciated 👍