Sky soundbox

Muppetboy

Muppetboy

Picked this up refurbished for 99 pounds after it appeared on hot deals. Anyone else have one? Not sure if I’m underwhelmed or not

Muppetboy

I can’t grumble at the price considering it’s launch price and the kit itself. I’m using optical cable so haven’t unveiled the features compatible with sky plus

heartgarfunkel

Took one on an offer when we got the Sky Q box a while back but I got caught up in reviews/criticisms and returned it. Was decent but I ended up going mental and getting a Sonos Atmos, Sub and a couple of their surrounds from IKEA (think they’ve the same guts as Sonos Ones). For the price you’ve paid it’s a bargain. It gave me the bug for decent audio for the telly but that cost me a few Bob more! 

Muppetboy
2 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

Took one on an offer when we got the Sky Q box a while back but I got caught up in reviews/criticisms and returned it. Was decent but I ended up going mental and getting a Sonos Atmos, Sub and a couple of their surrounds from IKEA (think they’ve the same guts as Sonos Ones). For the price you’ve paid it’s a bargain. It gave me the bug for decent audio for the telly but that cost me a few Bob more! 

Bet that set up is awesome. Yeah I actually read quite positive reviews of the soundbox so thought why not.  Decent tv sound is actually something that makes a real difference 

heartgarfunkel
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Bet that set up is awesome. Yeah I actually read quite positive reviews of the soundbox so thought why not.  Decent tv sound is actually something that makes a real difference 

I've not got a clue about all that stuff but it was so easy to set up with the Sonos app and it's all wireless so it was a skoosh.  Freaks the dug oot as the sound bounces all over the living room!

Soundbars are  just  a stepping stone to the harder stuff 😞

A few years down the line.

You will be under floorboards/fishing cables through walls etc 

Upgrading amps/speakers and then replacing the cables you spent ages installing.

Chasing that perfect sound..it never ends  😷

heartgarfunkel
43 minutes ago, Tott said:

Soundbars are  just  a stepping stone to the harder stuff 😞

A few years down the line.

You will be under floorboards/fishing cables through walls etc 

Upgrading amps/speakers and then replacing the cables you spent ages installing.

Chasing that perfect sound..it never ends  😷

That's why I went down the overpriced Sonos stuff route - decent enough to sound really good but just enough to keep me away from the disease that you describe well! I'm suffering enough from photography kit sickness!

hmfcbilly
On 08/05/2021 at 08:35, Muppetboy said:

Picked this up refurbished for 99 pounds after it appeared on hot deals. Anyone else have one? Not sure if I’m underwhelmed or not

Got one for £169 brand new when on offer a year ago. I like it and, for the price, definitely worth it. Only issue I had was the size of it. My TV is fairly low profile stand wise (it's an LG oled) so couldn't sit in front of it as obscured the view. I had it on a shelf in TV unit initially but muffled the sound too much. It now sits free standing on a small table beside the TV and unit and the sound fills the room well. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Got one for £169 brand new when on offer a year ago. I like it and, for the price, definitely worth it. Only issue I had was the size of it. My TV is fairly low profile stand wise (it's an LG oled) so couldn't sit in front of it as obscured the view. I had it on a shelf in TV unit initially but muffled the sound too much. It now sits free standing on a small table beside the TV and unit and the sound fills the room well.

17 hours ago, heartgarfunkel said:

That's why I went down the overpriced Sonos stuff route - decent enough to sound really good but just enough to keep me away from the disease that you describe well! I'm suffering enough from photography kit sickness!

I have a Sonos Beam in the living room and I think the sound is great. I’m not prepared to pay more than that on my ears.