Tynecastle Bar

DB-14

the general
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Could you watch the football on the TV whilst sitting outside?

Yes 

iwasthere1954
On 08/05/2021 at 08:33, Lfhearts said:

That's me not going there then pints in a milk carton ffs.

It's not a pint. It's a quart. You pour it into a pint glass.

Not read all this post but I don’t care just want to be back at Tynecastle and a pint before and after the game 

FTH

When we were there the 4 pint pitchers came in proper (hard plastic) pitcher jugs.

So there is your solution to the quarts.  Double up.

Edited by DETTY29

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

When we were there the 4 pint pitchers came in proper (hard plastic) pitcher jugs.

So there is your solution to the quarts.  Double up.

A win win really. 

Bob Loblaw

Now that the bar is back open inside, do the club have any plans to open up during the Euro games? I'd have thought it was a no brainer, but it starts in 3 weeks and there's not any bookings etc available.

jimbojambo

I am hoping to watch the Czech Republic game on 14 June in the 1874 bar and wonder will Hearts be showing all the games through the tournament? It could be a money spinner so hope someone from the club will advise. Only 21 sleeps. Thanks 

jimbojambo
2 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I am hoping to watch the Czech Republic game on 14 June in the 1874 bar and wonder will Hearts be showing all the games through the tournament? It could be a money spinner so hope someone from the club will advise. Only 21 sleeps. Thanks 

I meant to add that there is a group of us and if nothing announced in the next week we will have to look elsewhere. 

tynietigers
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I meant to add that there is a group of us and if nothing announced in the next week we will have to look elsewhere. 

I am checking for you right now but I do believe they are showing all games 👍🏻 I will confirm as soon as I know. 

tynietigers
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

Confirmed and news will come out over the next week 👍🏻 I believe they are using the Gorgie stand and with big screens ☺️ Hope that helps 👍🏻

jimbojambo
57 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Confirmed and news will come out over the next week 👍🏻 I believe they are using the Gorgie stand and with big screens ☺️ Hope that helps 👍🏻

Thanks. Weather forecast is good for June so pubs will be busy. 

The proposed student accomodation will boost takings though not of course straight away

Nearest bar to the flats

jimbojambo
On 24/05/2021 at 19:19, tynietigers said:

Did I miss the big announcement? Euros just over a week away now but still waiting for Hearts... 

davemclaren
6 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Did I miss the big announcement? Euros just over a week away now but still waiting for Hearts... 

I assumed they were showing the matches as part of the bar setup in the Gorgie Suite. 

Bob Loblaw
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I assumed they were showing the matches as part of the bar setup in the Gorgie Suite. 

You can only book for certain days online and Fridays & Saturdays in June aren't available. I emailed the club and they said they'd definitely be open for the Euros and they'd announce it last week, but so far nothing has been said.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You can only book for certain days online and Fridays & Saturdays in June aren't available. I emailed the club and they said they'd definitely be open for the Euros and they'd announce it last week, but so far nothing has been said.

Yes, a bit tardy in organising it then. 

tynietigers
On 01/06/2021 at 04:16, jimbojambo said:

yes there should of been something by now 🤔 leaving it a bit late 😣 but they are definitely using the  Gorgie stand 👍🏻

The Treasurer

I was in the Gorgie Suite last night (they held a blood donor session there) and they had posters up advertising the Euros as an "official partner/venue with Heineken" so looks like they plan to show the matches 

53 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I was in the Gorgie Suite last night (they held a blood donor session there) and they had posters up advertising the Euros as an "official partner/venue with Heineken" so looks like they plan to show the matches 

Cheers for that. Scotland team not my thing but have friends that want us to go out for a jar to watch it. Will text them suggesting it.

the general
On 24/05/2021 at 20:43, CJGJ said:

The proposed student accomodation will boost takings though not of course straight away

Nearest bar to the flats

Although the Gorgie Social aka warders club has been really busy and is even closer

9 minutes ago, the general said:

Although the Gorgie Social aka warders club has been really busy and is even closer

Most students will normally drink where it's cheap imo. 

9 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Did they advertise it as 'blood doesnt show on a maroon Jersey'? Maybe missed a trick.