Trans athletes

EH11_2NL

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The extent to which the lunatic fringe has been indulged over the past few years is criminal. You have an opinion which is grounded in both real life, lived experience and scientific fact? Nah, you're hurting someone's feelings, that's not allowed.

Exactly Jonesy. Looks like tide is turning . The “ I’m offended “ brigade days are numbered .

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• doctor jambo

• CF11JamTart

John Findlay
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly Jonesy. Looks like tide is turning . The “ I’m offended “ brigade days are numbered .

Not a chance, there will always be another cause just round the corner.

8 hours ago, jonesy said:

Interesting (non-athletic) 'transrage' story about the German artist getting cancelled and then reinstated by the RA due to her comment about basic biological facts causing the usual mob to show their high levels of tolerance and respect for pluralistic voices. 

This is the kind of tolerance shown to her by the "offended" ones

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Piece of utter nonsense. Please someone come on here and try and defend this crap.

Its a tragic world we are living in now when this is viewed as fair and acceptable.

21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is that all guys?

Nope. Lia Thomas used to be William Thomas who now identifies as a total chancer and was probably getting his arse handed to him when he swam as bloke and is now insulting genuine female athletes. What a load of shite.

1 minute ago, EH11_2NL said:

Nope. Lia Thomas used to be William Thomas who now identifies as a total chancer and was probably getting his arse handed to him when he swam as bloke and is now insulting genuine female athletes. What a load of shite.

What a farce. 

Three elements to be balanced on this whole Trans women competing in women's sport issue. Inclusivity, safety and fairness. 

If you want to see the advantage that male puberty gives you, the English boys 100m record holder would (hypothetically) have just missed out on bronze at the women's 100m in last year's Olympics. 

47 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Piece of utter nonsense. Please someone come on here and try and defend this crap.

What gets me is the athletes' attitudes themselves. Surely they must see that they have a completely unfair advantage. If that were me, I would be "Ok, I'm going to transition, but as a sacrifice for my decision and in fairness to the other athletes, I'll stop competing". When they win their races against cis athletes, is there not an inkling of a thought in their heads to say "This is wrong and unfair"? I don't get how someone can be so out of touch.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What gets me is the athletes' attitudes themselves. Surely they must see that they have a completely unfair advantage. If that were me, I would be "Ok, I'm going to transition, but as a sacrifice for my decision and in fairness to the other athletes, I'll stop competing". When they win their races against cis athletes, is there not an inkling of a thought in their heads to say "This is wrong and unfair"? I don't get how someone can be so out of touch.

"I just wanna compete as my authentic self." 

20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm in agreement that instances like the above are ridiculous. But think suggesting that people should have to sacrifice what they want to do just because they feel they were born the wrong sex is pretty harsh. Definitely needs to be some sort of rule set in place though.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I'm in agreement that instances like the above are ridiculous. But think suggesting that people should have to sacrifice what they want to do just because they feel they were born the wrong sex is pretty harsh. Definitely needs to be some sort of rule set in place though.

For male to female transitions, no matter how many hormones you take, your body will very probably still have benefited from the years you spent as a male. To want to compete against cis female athletes in a situation like that is pure selfishness, imo.

Life isn't all about letting everyone do what they want to.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

For male to female transitions, no matter how many hormones you take, your body will very probably still have benefited from the years you spent as a male. To want to compete against cis female athletes in a situation like that is pure selfishness, imo.

Life isn't all about letting everyone do what they want to.

I agree. Let them compete in Male comp.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Please stop with this cis thingy. Thanks 👍

Much quicker to type than "born with the same gender they now identify as having", doncha think? ;)

27 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

No one is born in the “ wrong sex” 

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Please stop with this cis thingy. Thanks 👍

Agree . I hate term and would never use it 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No one is born in the “ wrong sex” 

Agree . I hate term and would never use it 

Wrong gender?

On 23/06/2021 at 07:18, JamesM48 said:

Excellent article 

9D0FA1DB-E0C4-4F59-92EC-05A1865F6729.jpeg

They really need a new trans category, or some other solution (admittedly there's no easy answers), for sports where physical size and strength give a clear competitive advantage. 

Trans rights should not infringe on women's rights. 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. Reeks of entitlement.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They really need a new trans category, or some other solution (admittedly there's no easy answers), for sports where physical size and strength give a clear competitive advantage. 

I think the problem there would be lack of enough competitors to hold a viable meet or competition. 

34 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think the easy answer is  probably trans categories.  Agreed re trans rights should not infringe on women's rights. 

30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think the problem there would be lack of enough competitors to hold a viable meet or competition. 

Well in time there might be but thats not a strong argument for them to be included in female sports. IMO

57 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Wrong gender?

Gender roles are subjective. Gender expressions is subjective. And how you explain your gender is subjective. What is 100% clear is no one has and will ever be able to change sex.  No matter how they may identify 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Well in time there might be but thats not a strong argument for them to be included in female sports. IMO

Oh, I agree James they should not be competing in female sports and I wasn't suggesting for a minute they should be allowed until there are sufficient numbers. I was suggesting I think it unlikely there will ever be sufficient numbers for collegiate sports to offer them their own competitions.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Oh, I agree James they should not be competing in female sports and I wasn't suggesting for a minute they should be allowed until there are sufficient numbers. I was suggesting I think it unlikely there will ever be sufficient numbers for collegiate sports to offer them their own competitions.

Yeah I agree regarding always being low numbers . 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Reclassifing mens sports as the 'Open Category' where anyone can enter/compete and restricting the women's category to females only would solve it.

On 07/05/2021 at 15:21, EH11_2NL said:

They should be allowed to compete, but in the "trans section". Or they could have their own games.

On 07/05/2021 at 19:25, jonesy said:

Thought you'd be along to woke me up at some point, Justin ;) 

I think there will always be inconsistent findings in the research because the spectrum of people in the 'male' and 'female' categories is so broad. Look at Uche and then Elliot Frear. Totally different body shape and attributes, but both blokes (one assumes... :) ).

For me, the very fact that there have to be studies and research into what constitutes a bloke and a bird suggests we've already well and truly leapt the carcharodon. Biology gave us a pretty good hint with those innies and outies between our legs.

I suppose the next step would be for folk with body integrity dysphoria to be allowed to participate in the Paralympics, because after all, it's what we feel inside that counts.

No surprise at all to see Jonesy labelling someone offering a legitimate counter-argument as 'woke.' 

9 hours ago, ADAM said:

Reclassifing mens sports as the 'Open Category' where anyone can enter/compete and restricting the women's category to females only would solve it.

Sorted. Bosh. 

Female category restricted who have not gained a biological advantage from going through male puberty. 

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The women should introduce a weight limit for their sports. 

That would rule out a lot of 

mother in laws.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy

Talk about putting the boot in this week . Flabbergasting really 

42D42DA4-8AD6-48E9-AF64-823483F8B025.jpeg

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Lia Thomas.

Top rated college swimmer. 

Aw well. 🤷‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Happy International Women's Day 

20220308_181523.jpg

What a world we live in now . Young girls inspired against the odds at times to try and achieve in sport but then a male beats them to first place 

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What a world we live in now . Young girls inspired against the odds at times to try and achieve in sport but then a male beats them to first place 

thats-bait.gif

Edited by The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s facts ! 

I know your game sunshine. I'm no biting 😂

Edited by The Mighty Thor

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I know your game sunshine. I'm no biting 😂

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

Jambo_jim2001
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Always wondered how they steer in the water🤔🤔

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Always wondered how they steer in the water🤔🤔

Lol 😂 

4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Talk about putting the boot in this week . Flabbergasting really 

42D42DA4-8AD6-48E9-AF64-823483F8B025.jpeg

Ach, better not.

Edited by graygo

JudyJudyJudy

I know I get a reputation on her for trolling but the Guardian must take the biscuit . They published this article to 

“ celebrate “ international womens day . 

crass 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/mar/07/jessica-hicklin-transitioned-prison-free?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR08i8jdDYfNoXWfxZpCE0GupeXliXCZsj9R-c4OGqVTBG0Zh1SbzwYwQjY#Echobox=1646652069

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Tough read. History of abuse and mental illness probably doesn't make him/her a poster boy/girl for the transgenderism movement, but nice to hear that they appear to have found some peace with themselves. :( 

Cynical people may consider his/her 'education' on transgenderism once in prison as lightbulb moment which has helped him/her in their quest for release. One can only hope that he/she will make a positive contribution to society and that this glorification of their release does not add to the anguish their victim's family are undoubtedly still holding.

It's interesting that two paragraphs of the article focus on appearance - clothing and makeup. I'd have thought such superficialities would have been above the Guardian's level.

That’s exactly what I noted from the article . She couldn’t wait to try on high heels and love the colour pink ! Jesus ! It’s a fetish. 

I just found it offensive that on womens day they could have chosen an article celebrating womens achievements. What about the many women involved in the race for a covid vaccine ? Countless other inspiring stories out there .

Also coming from a personal perspective , any articles which focus on convicted Murderers and their “plight” and “anguish “ pale in significance to anyone l, who has had a close family member Murdered . The impact and devastation on other family members is a lifetime sentence .