Trans athletes

EH11_2NL

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I like James, he is definitely one of the very few on JKB I do not have on the '***** list' but it would be wrong for me to suggest or assume he has 'fought all his life' or 'struggled' just because he is gay as it would be for him to suggest or assume I have had it easy being straight.

I know nothing of his life and to me, his stories are his business.  I certainly would not believe however he has had it easy, no one has in life.  I certainly don't see the UK as being the epicentre for struggling with sexuality. 

I look back to the 60s and how it was illegal to be a homosexual.  This is barbaric to me but that world is quite literally a universe away from what we have now.

It is the whole white straight men have it easy - this is sexist, racist and highly insulting.

I heard on the news a few days back a women getting interviewed saying women are scared walking home at night.  I certainly feel this is the case, but so are many men sweetheart.  It is not a man v women thing - there are just horrible people out there and those around them are affected by them.

I actually really  understand your first few paragraphs . Yes, there shouldn’t be an assumption that I have had to “ fight all my life “ due to my sexuality’.  It’s not been easy but then again coming from a poverty upbringing hasn’t been easy too . So we all have things in our life which make things harder to be happy and accepted . Yes things have moved on since my early gay days . I would have never believed that gay marriage , gay adoption etc would happen in my life time . I am just glad there is more equality for people who are not heterosexual ie same rights not more rights . That’s all which is needed . For the record I don’t think gay people need to replicate Heterosexual lifestyle choices like marriage or having children ! It’s as if its something gay people have to aspire to to ? To be accepted ,  no no thsbks 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• doctor jambo

• CF11JamTart

This person is 43 and will most likely dominate the event easily and break multiple records. At an age when most women athletes would be retired or at least no where near the top of the sport. 

That in itself should signal how much of an advantage this person has. 

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

This person is 43 and will most likely dominate the event easily and break multiple records. At an age when most women athletes would be retired or at least no where near the top of the sport. 

It's a joke.

What a time to be alive.🤪

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's a joke.

What a time to be alive.🤪

It really is . These poor biological women who trained since teenage years etc . Why can’t those making decisions see that this is deeply unfair and wrong in so many ways ? 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

It really is . These poor biological women who trained since teenage years etc . Why can’t those making decisions see that this is deeply unfair and wrong in so many ways ? 

It will all come to a head at some point, James, after which I'm sure we'll get much better regulations on unfair advantage. I'm not sure that this will be the case that brings it about though as weightlifting is a bit of a marginal sport. I reckon it will be a transgender athlete competing and succeeding in one of the mainstream sports that will trigger the change.

To clarify my position, I'm all for transgender athletes competing as long as they have no advantage as a result of their previous identification. In this case, there is clearly an advantage, imo.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, redjambo said:

It will all come to a head at some point, James, after which I'm sure we'll get much better regulations on unfair advantage. I'm not sure that this will be the case that brings it about though as weightlifting is a bit of a marginal sport. I reckon it will be a transgender athlete competing and succeeding in one of the mainstream sports that will trigger the change.

To clarify my position, I'm all for transgender athletes competing as long as they have no advantage as a result of their previous identification. In this case, there is clearly an advantage, imo.

Completely agree . 

It’s quite amazing how women have fought for equal rights again men all these years and when it finally seems like they have won that battle along comes the militant woke lefty and trans movement to stick two

middle fingers  up at womens rights. 

This goes further than just sporting equality. Trans folk want the right to be seen as women without even going through transitioning. So essentially under the SNP trans bill a man can just say he is a women and then ultimately everyone must respect and see him as a women. He can use women’s restrooms and have all the rights afforded to women. 

So many people seen this coming but it is a juggernaut. I don’t see how this can end well and it won’t IMO. 

Ron Burgundy

Should just do away with men/woman sport and just group them all together. Also just allow any performance enhancing substances as well.

That way it's actually fair.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Should just do away with men/woman sport and just group them all together. Also just allow any performance enhancing substances as well.

That way it's actually fair.

How about performance-enhancing transplants and bio-mods (springy legs, titanium arms, webbed feet)?

Ron Burgundy
31 minutes ago, redjambo said:

How about performance-enhancing transplants and bio-mods (springy legs, titanium arms, webbed feet)?

Why not?  A sort of Olympic robot wars.

6 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Why not?  A sort of Olympic robot wars.

I'd certainly be up for watching it.

indianajones

An absolute joke. Feel extremely sorry for the other female athletes in that weight category. Part of me hopes they just dont turn up to make a point. 

The world has gone fully bonkers in the past 5-10 years. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nah. We're just going through a period of re-adjustment. ;)

indianajones
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nah. We're just going through a period of re-adjustment. ;)

It is 100% needed with some things. 

This is not one of them!

Just now, indianajones said:

It is 100% needed with some things. 

This is not one of them!

The idea of people being trans and it being accepted within society, especially as purely an identification thing, is fairly new and the idea of trans folk participating in sport even newer. With any new concepts, it always takes society time to adjust. We never get it right first time and there's always some to-ing and fro-ing until we settle on a way forward which is acceptable to most people. We have hardly got going along that path with trans athletes yet because to date those athletes have competed in sports which are either low-level, amateur or where there is no performance gain in having previously identified as a different gender. It is inevitable that there will be a movements of trans athletes into elite sport and, where performance makes a difference, that's when the real arguments will begin. We're now seeing the start of that.

indianajones
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The idea of people being trans and it being accepted within society, especially as purely an identification thing, is fairly new and the idea of trans folk participating in sport even newer. With any new concepts, it always takes society time to adjust. We never get it right first time and there's always some to-ing and fro-ing until we settle on a way forward which is acceptable to most people. We have hardly got going along that path with trans athletes yet because to date those athletes have competed in sports which are either low-level, amateur or where there is no performance gain in having previously identified as a different gender. It is inevitable that there will be a movements of trans athletes into elite sport and, where performance makes a difference, that's when the real arguments will begin. We're now seeing the start of that.

I dont think it will ever be allowed imo. 

I see no scenario where it works. Is there even many mixed gender sports as it is? Tennis doubles is the only one i can think of. 

Genders (in sport) are separated for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I see no scenario where it works. Is there even many mixed gender sports as it is? Tennis doubles is the only one i can think of. 

That may well be where the argument ends up, for male->female trans athletes anyway due to performance gain from having previously developed male muscles and bones that manifests itself in most sports requiring strength. It's a shame because trans folk may take it as an attack against them in general, whereas in reality it's just about ensuring competitive fairness.

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That may well be where the argument ends up, for male->female trans athletes anyway due to performance gain from having previously developed male muscles and bones that manifests itself in most sports requiring strength. It's a shame because trans folk may take it as an attack against them in general, whereas in reality it's just about ensuring competitive fairness.

The trans movement will accept nothing less than full acceptance of their chosen gender and to participate with men/women. For the men it isn’t a particular issue as you will never get a trans female to male trans athlete outcompete the best of the male competitors. I feel bad for women athletes but if the direction of inclusion for all is the route we are on I can’t see how this issue can be resolved. In the eyes of the trans community they are every bit as male/female as biologically born people. 

The trans community also forgot that female to male competitors have absolutely no chance of ever competing against males. So having a separate category actually means more inclusion for that particular group of athletes. 

51 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The trans community also forgot that female to male competitors have absolutely no chance of ever competing against males. So having a separate category actually means more inclusion for that particular group of athletes. 

Do you mean having a separate category for trans athletes, like holding a Trans Olympics? If so, would there be a sufficient number of trans athletes to make that viable?

Edited by redjambo

7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Apparently the average age for women in this sport is 24/5. I feel sorry for the athlete that got bumped,

48 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Do you mean having a separate category for trans athletes, like holding a Trans Olympics? If so, would there be a sufficient number of trans athletes to make that viable?

Nah just have male/female/trans category and hold the event as such. Of course the trans category would then have to be separate male trans athletes and female trans athletes competing against each other. (My god this is complex times we live in 😂🙈)

Having it like this would surely attract a higher level of athletes to compete than the current set up. There must be many who feel they can’t or don’t want to compete on the current set up. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It’s quite amazing how women have fought for equal rights again men all these years and when it finally seems like they have won that battle along comes the militant woke lefty and trans movement to stick two

middle fingers  up at womens rights. 

This goes further than just sporting equality. Trans folk want the right to be seen as women without even going through transitioning. So essentially under the SNP trans bill a man can just say he is a women and then ultimately everyone must respect and see him as a women. He can use women’s restrooms and have all the rights afforded to women. 

So many people seen this coming but it is a juggernaut. I don’t see how this can end well and it won’t IMO. 

Women’s hard fought sex based rights are being  eroded and erased by trans militants . It’s worrying . 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

An absolute joke. Feel extremely sorry for the other female athletes in that weight category. Part of me hopes they just dont turn up to make a point. 

They shouldn’t show up . Simple as that . 

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Would those be JK Rowling-sanctioned periods?

Only women menstruate . I said that on an online Lgbt forum and I got crucified . They are mad as a box of spanner’s 

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

It’s sex not “ gender “ . That’s were many of the arguments get muddied , when argue about gender as opposed to sex .  I got called transphobic by some loonies on a lgbt face book site cause I said I wouldn’t “ date “ ( s***) a trans man . I said I was a bit “ old fashioned “ as I prefer a real “ beep beep “ ( you know what ) as opposed to something Valerie Singleton might have Made on a subversive version of “ Blue peter “ 😂

Governor Tarkin

I prefer a real “ beep beep “ ( you know what ) as opposed to something Valerie Singleton might have Made on a subversive version of “ Blue peter “

Don't we all.

Women’s hard fought sex based rights are being  eroded and erased by trans militants . It’s worrying . 

They shouldn’t show up . Simple as that . 

Only women menstruate . I said that on an online Lgbt forum and I got crucified . They are mad as a box of spanner’s 

It’s sex not “ gender “ . That’s were many of the arguments get muddied , when argue about gender as opposed to sex .  I got called transphobic by some loonies on a lgbt face book site cause I said I wouldn’t “ date “ ( s***) a trans man . I said I was a bit “ old fashioned “ as I prefer a real “ beep beep “ ( you know what ) as opposed to something Valerie Singleton might have Made on a subversive version of “ Blue peter “ 😂

I am a married man and when I met my wife at 19. The attitude then wasn’t exactly as accepting of trans people and their right to choose their identity. I would imagine my attitude then would have been the same as yours that in that I wouldn’t date a trans women. 

If I became single again I don’t know if I would have the same attitude now. The person would have to be fully transition though and be like a proper women (if you get what I mean) in looks and feminine characteristics.  In those  circumstance I don’t think I would give a shit if they decided not to tell me. Would be different if they still had the Crown Jewels though. 😂🙈

Edited by AlimOzturk

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't we all.

😮

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am a married man and when I met my wife at 19. The attitude then wasn’t exactly as accepting of trans people and their right to choose their identity. I would imagine my attitude then would have been the same as yours that in that I wouldn’t date a trans women. 

If I became single again I don’t know if I would have the same attitude now. The person would have to be fully transition though and be like a proper women (if you get what I mean) in looks and feminine characteristics.  In those  circumstance I don’t think I would give a shit if they decided not to tell me. Would be different if they still had the Crown Jewels though. 😂🙈

😮 Hands and Adam’s apple would give it away even if fully transistor ! I’ve a trans friend who is from the Phillipines . We were in the “ liquid rooms “ one night about 10 years ago and guys kept hitting on her ! ( she is a good looker ) anyway she still has the “Crown Jewels “ so I said to her “ won’t the guys bother if u they know that ?    She coyly replied “ oh they know !!’ 😎 

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more geezers competing in bursd's sporting events imo.

Lol 

I awoke this morning as a Surgeon. Do you think these trans people would like me to operate on them. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527de014f4cee8bfef0a

indianajones
4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

What's the point in male or female only sport? 

For fair competition and quite often safety. 

Just now, indianajones said:

For fair competition and quite often safety. 

Indeed. 

John Findlay
16 hours ago, indianajones said:

Equestrian and show jumping, horseracing both flat and jumps.

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

😮 Hands and Adam’s apple would give it away even if fully transistor !

Many moons ago, a lesbian friend of mine told me that she could tell by looking at someone's ankles.

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Many moons ago, a lesbian friend of mine told me that she could tell by looking at someone's ankles.

Never heard of that before ! 

65930763-780F-4731-9D46-17E3126EBF33.gif

JudyJudyJudy

I suppose that we already have a good example of a male to female trans athlete , Renee Richards played some tennis after she had sex change in her early 40s in the 1970s , managed some wins over top players like Hana Mandlikova . It’s telling what her view is now though ; 

265BAC3A-E422-4459-A3C2-F2EB3AC3C650.jpeg

Edited by JamesM48

doctor jambo

There is a difference between not being discriminated against and not having an advantage over.

this applies in many areas and is often overlooked.

Of course they should not be disadvantaged in life, but nor should others be .

Equality should mean the same rights for all, and the rights of women are being eroded in the rush.

4 hours ago, redjambo said:

Many moons ago, a lesbian friend of mine told me that she could tell by looking at someone's ankles, but only if they were behind their ears.

FTFY

Without wanting to pee anyone off by my saying so, if I were a male->female trans who was also a sportsperson, I would absolutely not compete against non-trans females in my, or indeed any, competitive sport if I felt that my body's development as a male gave me an advantage. It would be grossly unfair. I honestly can't understand the thought processes of those who do - do they not not realise the extent to which they are gaining an unfair advantage over other sportswomen?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Without wanting to pee anyone off by my saying so, if I were a male->female trans who was also a sportsperson, I would absolutely not compete against non-trans females in my, or indeed any, competitive sport if I felt that my body's development as a male gave me an advantage. It would be grossly unfair. I honestly can't understand the thought processes of those who do - do they not not realise the extent to which they are gaining an unfair advantage over other sportswomen?

There’s a fair amount of delusion attached to the trans lobby - the idea that they can dictate their rights without any opposition. 

11 hours ago, redjambo said:

Unless you know you can't beat other men, so you say you're a woman and beat them. 

What's this Cis women pish? You mean women and yes until you go thro ever operation and every other procedure, you're a geezer and the SNP and Greens can go feck themselves with this GRA or whatever they call it. 

A quick question. 

If you are out with the wife and daughter, and the wife take the daughter to the toilet, where a guy with a beard and a skirt claims he's a woman follows them in. 

Question. WHAT YOU GONNAE DAE? 

ANSWER. Time. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, redjambo said:

They want to “ make a point “ it’s all about that with many of the militant people . Kick up deck , get someone  “ cancelled “ , boycott this boycott that , it’s never ending Seeth and angry . A oh look at me mentality  , I demand you accept and respect me 

I feel sorry for the female athletes who have trained for years to get to the Olympics, have a chance at medaling and then have to compete against what is basically a bloke. If it was me, I don't know whether l'd forego competing knowing there was no chance of winning, or go just for the honour of representing my country at the highest level. 

I for one am looking forward to Andie  Murray making her WTA debut and dominating the woman’s tennis when she admits her men’s career is done. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, gjcc said:

I for one am looking forward to Andie  Murray making her WTA debut and dominating the woman’s tennis when she admits her men’s career is done. 

Andrea Murray sounds about right lol 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Interesting (non-athletic) 'transrage' story about the German artist getting cancelled and then reinstated by the RA due to her comment about basic biological facts causing the usual mob to show their high levels of tolerance and respect for pluralistic voices. 

Yes I had “ heated “ debate about this issue on Facebook with an actual female who was arguing that the artist should basically be stoned for her views  ( that sex is immutable from birth, you can’t change sex) she said all the art work of hers should be shelved and banned . Jess de Wahls quite rightly has challenged the Royal academy of arts and has received an apology . It looks like the tide is turning now which is great . The woman arguing about her also didn’t know that a convicted poedophile oddball artist Eric Gill had had his art work on display there too .    It’s since been removed .  She wanted that banned too .  I do agree with that but I said to her , that’s the main issue where does it all end with banning people / artists  and cancelling them ? When is enough is enough for them . She was at a lost to reply . That’s because they won’t be happy until people accept their skewered and Un scientific based opinions and just live a lie ? No thanks . It’s delusional thinking . 

Edited by JamesM48

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Unless you know you can't beat other men, so you say you're a woman and beat them. 

What's this Cis women pish? You mean women and yes until you go thro ever operation and every other procedure, you're a geezer and the SNP and Greens can go feck themselves with this GRA or whatever they call it. 

A quick question. 

If you are out with the wife and daughter, and the wife take the daughter to the toilet, where a guy with a beard and a skirt claims he's a woman follows them in. 

Question. WHAT YOU GONNAE DAE? 

ANSWER. Time. 

The problem is Ri Alban many May look quite convincing . Women’s safe spaces such as bathrooms , changing rooms etc should just be only biological woman’s spaces . I would never have believed that the chair person of one of the main charities in Scotland lookin after women’s safety now has a trans woman as it’s Coe . Unbelievable