Old firm colts lowland league

Newton51

Mysterion
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

If true, and I have no reason to doubt you, its bloody embarrassing and I'd hope the club have taken note.

https://tickets.rangers.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/ProductEvent.aspx?ProductSubType=HLDY

Link will show the late May holiday day at Power League sight hill.

Also - bottom of the list their Christmas session is still listed at Corn Exchange.

Bisgrove at Rangers commercial dept has done an incredible amount of work in 12-18months to increase their commercial activities. Meanwhile we have 1 venue at the back of the stadium running camps.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

• Footballfirst

• LarrysRightFoot

Tasavallan
2 hours ago, Heartsfth said:

Def think we should apply to put a Colts team in the East of Scotland League and try to work our way up. Our youngsters would’ be guaranteed game time playing the positions we want them to play as well as the style of football. Also get them used to trying to play that football against the wide variety of styles you get in this country.

If Hearts were going to do it then now is the time as the EOSFL is currently under reconstruction.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why not do it just to see how it goes for a season?

Why do we not just ask to get a reaction from the league as to why we (and hibs, Aberdeen etc) are not involved?

For Aberdeen their route would be Highland League, same for any team north of the Tay Bridge 👍

Tasavallan
8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

For Aberdeen their route would be Highland League, same for any team north of the Tay Bridge 👍

Let's see how Brechin try to wriggle out of that one.

Nookie Bear
11 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Good point :lol:

Heartsfth
35 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

If Hearts were going to do it then now is the time as the EOSFL is currently under reconstruction.

Agreed. 

Hungry hippo
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

One year my painted arsehole, if this was for one year it would be pointless.

They're at it, it's obvious what they're up to, it's the set up to joining another league and still leaving teams in Scotland to hoover up anything that's left.

How many goes have they had at this now?

**** them, OFGTF

I think I the Old Firm aren't even claiming that they want this for only for one season. The one season part seems to purely be a condition set by the other clubs to ensure that they aren't committed to anything that can't be revoked which seems a sensible plan.

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think I the Old Firm aren't even claiming that they want this for only for one season. The one season part seems to purely be a condition set by the other clubs to ensure that they aren't committed to anything that can't be revoked which seems a sensible plan.

Look at all the fans we brought, hey you got loads of money eh, isn't this a great idea, it works really well eh?

That's where it's going.

It's like when you finally got your hand up the jumper.

Step one.

Hungry hippo
48 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Look at all the fans we brought, hey you got loads of money eh, isn't this a great idea, it works really well eh?

That's where it's going.

Step one.

Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts that.

It's up to the non Old Firm teams to ensure they aren't steamrollered into accepting something that's not in their interests.

Spellczech

I'd rather we had a colts team than a women's team. I can see the benefit of one, the other is just a community outreach thing...

As for the OF I have the feeling it will be the song-singing ones who will be available to pay a couple of quid to get into games. They'll enjoy the cultural side.

Edited by Spellczech

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Let's see how Brechin try to wriggle out of that one.

😀  Indeed.    "But.... but.... but... it wiz oor idea furst ..... sort of"

You can imagine a few red hand nutters in LL teams suddenly  (ahem) "raising their game"  when  Sellick colts come to town. :whistling: 

Edited by Lone Striker

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts that.

It's up to the non Old Firm teams to ensure they aren't steamrollered into accepting something that's not in their interests.

There’s not enough teams that would fight being steamrolled once it’s implemented.

“Threats” as required will be the norm.

Smoked-Glass

Does anyone think it might help develop good young players (hopefully Scottish) for the future? 

jamboinglasgow

Rangers giving their reasoning behind B teams and discussions (admittedly take with a pinch of salt.)

Thought it was a bit cheeky where their sporting director says there is nothing between U18 and first team football, considering Rangers walked away from the Reserve football league.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

9 hours ago, Mysterion said:

https://tickets.rangers.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/ProductEvent.aspx?ProductSubType=HLDY

Link will show the late May holiday day at Power League sight hill.

Also - bottom of the list their Christmas session is still listed at Corn Exchange.

Bisgrove at Rangers commercial dept has done an incredible amount of work in 12-18months to increase their commercial activities. Meanwhile we have 1 venue at the back of the stadium running camps.

Gives me the dry boak

Ex member of the SaS

Colt teams under the OF conditions are a bad idea. As for a Hearts colts would prefer any spare cash went into the first team.

I thought Rangers young players were playing against top notch English and euro clubs.

Did they get the cold shoulder?

Absolutely nothing that the Old Firm do, or have ever done in the past is for the betterment of the game in general. Whatever is suggested by them should be treated with suspicion and resisted. 

Mysterion
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought Rangers young players were playing against top notch English and euro clubs.

Did they get the cold shoulder?

Covid stopped them from travel and training. Will be 18months by the time academy teams start regularly travelling again. 

They definitely played against EPL and Championship academy teams around once a month. Games against European clubs have been festival/tournaments.

Celtic averaged about 250 and Rangers about 400  at games in the Challenge Cup. Even with the officials helping them (see the Inverness Challenge Cup game which Rangers still lost) they will lose most games. Glory hunters will not turn up when their team is losing. 

Fans of the lower leagues have made it clear to their clubs they will not turn up for matches against the Cheeks. We'll see what the Lowland League clubs think soon enough.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20210507_093458.jpg

Very good point. However,don't expect anything other than the governing body rolling over and sucking the OF boabby. I fear your team will become collateral damage. After a polite listening  to,of course.

SectionDJambo

Is there a reason why they don't just start a reserve league again? Have young players playing with and against older, experienced players. Young players need to be playing out of their age group comfort zone. It also keeps almost all of a club's players match fit.

Reserve league games could be played on other grounds, like Hearts used to play in Newtongrange. It can also introduce very young fans to the clubs and the football experience.

SFA hit back at Rangers over Colt plans as seething chiefs slam 'inaccuracies' in Stewart Robertson interview - Daily Record

The SFA have hit back at "inaccuracies" after Rangers manager director Stewart Robertson spoke out on B team plans, insisting he knew fine well why a paper wasn't put to clubs.

The Ibrox club and Celtic are keen to place colt teams into the lower leagues, believing it will provide a better pathway for their young players.

On Thursday Robertson gave an interview to Rangers ' in-house media team in which he laid out his frustrations with the process.

A paper was submitted to clubs but rewritten after concerns were raised.

Robertson blamed the SFA and SPFL for the revised paper not having been put to clubs to vote on, but the governing body has hit back.

They are adamant that it was agreed by Robertson and others that the plans would be likely to fail, and should be held back until at least the end of the current campaign.

The SFA insist: "The Professional Game Board agreed to a request from Stewart, as a member, to convene a working group to provide an innovation paper identifying ways in which Scottish football can improve its talent pipeline at elite end.

"Part of their proposal was the concept of B teams and their potential integration within the lower leagues of the Scottish Professional Football League.

"While the Scottish FA is supportive of any innovation that enhances the prospect of elite talent development, ultimately a decision on the introduction of B teams would need to be taken under the auspices of the SPFL rules relating to league competitions.

"At a virtual meeting on April 9, hosted by Stewart, and including a representative from Celtic FC, the SPFL and Scottish FA, there was general consensus on the call that given the adverse publicity and temperature among clubs, the proposal was unlikely to garner the support of enough clubs to enable the SPFL rule change to progress further.

"It was therefore agreed by both Stewart, on behalf of Rangers, and Celtic’s representative that pausing any detail being distributed to clubs would give the proposals the best chance of success.

"To repeat, the introduction of B teams as part of the innovation paper would require an SPFL vote, and after a season in which clubs have had to contend with the ongoing impact of COVID-19, a rushed decision would likely end in failure.

"It was unanimously agreed by the group, including Stewart, that the distribution any paper should take place once the 2020/21 season has ended, to give clubs an opportunity to fully consider the potential benefits without the pressures of implications of a season impacted by COVID-19.

"We are therefore surprised that Stewart is quoted on Rangers TV saying 'the biggest frustration is that [the] paper has still never gone to the clubs. You’d need to ask Scottish FA and SPFL why'.

His name is

This is being reported as 1 season only. I don't really get it? Can they be promoted into the SPFL? 

On 05/05/2021 at 21:50, Diadora Van Basten said:

Seems fair enough if they start at the bottom.

Tier 5 isn't the bottom though. Tier 7 would be. If they started in said tier, then like you I wouldn't have an issue. But they've skipped 2 levels on the pyramid essentially, while clubs who've made the switch from Juniors, who fully deserve a crack at the pyramid, have to truly start from the bottom. 

Yet another nonsense decision from the Scottish football community, but I'm not surprised.

3 minutes ago, His name is said:

This is being reported as 1 season only. I don't really get it? Can they be promoted into the SPFL? 

No promotion or relegation. I don’t get why they don’t just join the west of Scotland league as the bottom of the pyramid. It’s the fairest way

8 minutes ago, His name is said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if at the end of next season, they call for a restructured SPFL to allow them to come up. :ninja: 

Cut The Crap
42 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Indicative yes vote 

Disappointing. I was looking forward to getting back to New Dundas Park next season. Not so sure now.

28 minutes ago, His name is said:

No promotion allowed for the Colts sides but they're obviously expecting/hoping to be put into League Two for 2022/23. Farce that they can buy their way into tier 5.

28 minutes ago, Locky said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if at the end of next season, they call for a restructured SPFL to allow them to come up. :ninja: 

I’ll be astonished if they don’t.

And what they want, they get.

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Here's the details 

IMG-20210506-WA0005.jpg

Pretty demanding, particularly the staffing requirements. Do existing  lowland league teams have anything like this? Presumably this is in addition to and separate from OF’s first team staff. Maybe designed to scare off any non-OF teams from arguing why not us? 

Footballfirst

Voting was apparently 11 for, 5 against and 1 abstention.

The abstention is believed to be Kelty who has aspirations of not being in the LL next season.

Bonnyrigg voted against after consulting with their members (95% to 5% against). Bo'ness and Civil Service are also believed to have voted against.

Berwick definitely voted for the proposal.

I'm sure that others will be identified in the coming days, but as someone who does watch a fair bit of LL football, I will certainly boycott those clubs who voted for the proposal.

This is the provisional vote ahead of the AGM. Still time for Clubs to come to their senses.

Vale of Leithen voted in favour. 

On 05/05/2021 at 21:59, AlphonseCapone said:

Still seems shite tbh. I know it's more common on the continent to have B teams etc but I just fundamentally disagree with it. Another way bigger, more resourced clubs can get an edge. 

Does anyone outside Glasgow actually believe they are doing this for the benefit of the game? No doubt they will also raid the league of all their young talent, I guarantee you that. 

Footballfirst

I think we can assume that BSC voted in favour too, given that the LL chairman George Fraser represents them.

Caledonian Braves also voted in favour.

Edited by Footballfirst

On 06/05/2021 at 13:27, Smithee said:

That's where it's going.

Step one.

🤣🤣🤣 spot on

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Here's the details 

IMG-20210506-WA0005.jpg

So is this being opened up to all teams or is it a cosy arrangement between the old firm and the league?

Rhetorical question!

Edited by Nookie Bear

fabienleclerq

Tbh as much as I am sceptical about their reasons behind this now it's happening Hearts should be getting involved. All that will happen is they will use it to stockpile the best young players and make it even harder for us to attract the best kids. 

I'd rather the FoH money was going towards something like this. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Tbh as much as I am sceptical about their reasons behind this now it's happening Hearts should be getting involved. All that will happen is they will use it to stockpile the best young players and make it even harder for us to attract the best kids. 

I'd rather the FoH money was going towards something like this. 

I think it will be interesting if we asked for a piece of the action. Surely the league could not deny us the opportunity?

fabienleclerq
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I think it will be interesting if we asked for a piece of the action. Surely the league could not deny us the opportunity?

The would though, my main gripe about the whole discussion is it appears to be only about those two shite hawks. 

How many players from Rangers academy actually get into their team? 

Although you could criticise us recently,potentially hibs selling Doig for more than any other Hearts academy player since Gordon would be a bit embarrassing for those in charge. 

6 hours ago, Dunks said:

This is the provisional vote ahead of the AGM. Still time for Clubs to come to their senses.

******s

On 05/05/2021 at 22:33, brunoatemyhamster said:

Would a proper reserve league not have the same effect? 

Or am I missing something here? 

That exactly what the pundits on sky have been discussing just now.

Niemi’s gloves
58 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have a look at that list of requirements, particularly the staffing requirements for manager, assistant manager etc etc which I assume are to relate to the B team only. To me it looks like something cooked up to say “strictly OF only”

7 hours ago, Dunks said:

Not surprised. They've been the whipping boys of that division for the last few seasons. Probably milking all they can get before their inevitable relegation back to the EoS.

Be interesting to see what Kelty Hearts publish today. They posted last night that they were the club who abstained from voting due to their current situation, but they would publish a full statement today.

HartleyLegend3

This is going to attract lots and lots of knuckle draggers. 

If lockdown is completely eased by the time the new season starts. Will be a scramble to get tickets. 

Most if not all stadiums, Old firm will only get offered a couple of hundred tickets max. Will see and escalation in trouble in these small towns with old firm fans with no ticket getting wasted in the boozer.