Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Sow Easy

• Forever Hearts

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin

Get round the back of the Wheatfield for a square go, Chaps. 

My money's on the racist.

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Going slightly off topic Boris , but did you know  the term Caucasian was coined by a German anthrapologist who held rather anti semitic views.  

I didn't, but it makes sense. Linked with Aryan type thought?

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Boris said:

I didn't, but it makes sense. Linked with Aryan type thought?

Yeah he decided that the white man originated from the  Caucasus Mountains .

Forever Hearts
38 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

A grown ass man doing 'I know you are, but what am I?!' 

Off the charts cringey and embarrassing. I'd hate myself and the world too if I was you. 

What's with all the American slang? 

36 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Yeah he decided that the white man originated from the  Caucasus Mountains .

Ironically Slavs!

If only he had intimated the player was of Saudi origin when discussing his passport

Plenty of truth behind that as Scotland knows only too well

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Ironically Slavs!

Strangely Russians call them blacks . . 

10 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Strangely Russians call them blacks . . 

People from the Caucuses? Uncle Joe then. He was from Georgia. Swarthy.

Spellczech
5 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

I'll say again it again. 1, 10, 100 black people who have been lucky enough to not experience racism do not discount all the others who do. You are selectively choosing who to listen to. 

Also, have you ever asked them? Genuine question. 

Help me with this - if a minority of black people who have not experienced racism should be ignored so that the majority who have experienced racism get heard, then what happens if the majority say that what Ross said was offensive but not overtly racist? Should the resulting offended minority be ignored, or do they trump the majority in this case, because it is the woke thing to do? 

This is the conundrum both the law and society have got themselves into. Who decides what is racist and what is not, and how many have to regard it so - a minority or a majority, or all? And why can someone who is not black decide something IS racist but not decide something ISN'T racist?

Edited by Spellczech

Des Lynam
46 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Reminds me of a conversation I had while sharing a table with a local in a pokey wee restaurant in Xi'an.

Him: Where you from?

Me: China.

Him: No you're not. You don't look Chinese.

Me: Okay. I'm from Japan.

Him: No you're not. You don't look Japanese.

Me: Okay. I'm from Korea.

Him: No you're not. You don't look Korean.

Me: How do you really know I'm not from China, Japan or Korea? We're having this conversation in Chinese and not eating in a touristy place.

Him: Because Chinese, Japanese and Koreans all look the same.

The Kdogg
On 04/05/2021 at 21:32, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Utter nonsense. "Real racists" wouldn't "see racism" at all, in fact they are more likely to dismiss it as "virtue signalling." Better to diminish and ridicule complainers as "over-sensitive" than ask the real questions. 

To be fair, I've heard worse behind the scenes in pro football but it's only now that racism is being outed rather than tolerated or ignored. There is a scale of outrageous to the unintentional but unless there is a zero tolerance, and real attempts to educate and understand within the game, it will continue as "it's only banter". Racism has to stop.

Racism is singling somebody out for special, often negative, treatment because of the colour of their skin. This was making a comparison. If the guy was offended I feel sorry for his fragility. Way too many social justice warriors desperate to see racism where there is none. That’s what divides people, not throw away comments made in jest. Never any black on white racism gets any press attention? Is that cause there is none? Or are you just falling for the race hustlers in the media dividing and ruling the population. It’s beyond parody. Take the lack of Black managers for example, no credence given to the lack of black players who do their uefa pro licence in order to become a manager. Or oppressed people like Raheem Sterling who has been made a multi millionaire by white managers and owners. As well as being chosen to represent the racist country he lives in managed and run by white people in a team full of all kinds of colours. The race hustlers need to stir up likes and clicks and traffic and retweets to sell advertising and the best way of doing it is by using emotionally reactive people to do it. Isn’t it strange how so many people of different colours make there way to these racist shores every year because it’s just so oppressive and terrible for them. Like I said before, pathetic. 

john thomas
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The old 'Trump is the devil' chat is chronic.

71 years of his life before he was US president and not one mention ever form anyone about him being racist.  He was well liked all over, a prime time tv star who everyone seemed to like.  He was wined in dined in this country by our leaders as he proposed a business venture. He was a social butterfly throughout the New York social scene. He was invited on guest shows, made cameos in films and he was a positive figure to most.

Becomes US president, says a few uncomfortable truths and he becomes Adolf Hitler.

****ing sheep.

Not sure if there is a world record for being spectacularly wrong ?

This is certainly a contender

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, The Kdogg said:

Racism is singling somebody out for special, often negative, treatment because of the colour of their skin. This was making a comparison. If the guy was offended I feel sorry for his fragility. Way too many social justice warriors desperate to see racism where there is none. That’s what divides people, not throw away comments made in jest. Never any black on white racism gets any press attention? Is that cause there is none? Or are you just falling for the race hustlers in the media dividing and ruling the population. It’s beyond parody. Take the lack of Black managers for example, no credence given to the lack of black players who do their uefa pro licence in order to become a manager. Or oppressed people like Raheem Sterling who has been made a multi millionaire by white managers and owners. As well as being chosen to represent the racist country he lives in managed and run by white people in a team full of all kinds of colours. The race hustlers need to stir up likes and clicks and traffic and retweets to sell advertising and the best way of doing it is by using emotionally reactive people to do it. Isn’t it strange how so many people of different colours make there way to these racist shores every year because it’s just so oppressive and terrible for them. Like I said before, pathetic. 

Racism is about prejudice + power. And it takes many forms, from the casually racist jokes - i.e. quipping that someone who is black is like "those overage africans" (confusing the Saudi youth World Cup player story ...because they're the same surely) to the brutal attacks on people simply because of their skin colour. 

Black on white racism doesn't exist. The fact that working class white people are put upon has everything to do with the Old Etonian ruling classes ripping the pish, filling their own pockets at your expense, turning the emotions up to eleven and saying "look it's those migrants to blame".

If we lived in an equal society there would be a fair representation of black managers, but there's not.

Rahim Sterling has built his own wealth by being a fantastic footballer. His employers are not white they are Arabs. The country he lives is not governed by white people. The UK government includes Rishi Sunak and Priti Patel. In Scotland we have Humsa Yousaf and Scottish Labour leader Anas Sarwar. In other words, we already have multi ethnic government.

Just as many people migrate to Scotland from other countries as Scots emigrate to other countries across the world. I like to believe people come here because it is welcoming and not fundamentally racist. And, the evidence shows that those who come here are mostly highly skilled and contribute more in taxes per head than indigenous Brits.

Trotting out ill-informed chip on the shoulder stereotypes is what is truly pathetic.

7 hours ago, john thomas said:

Not sure if there is a world record for being spectacularly wrong ?

This is certainly a contender

Really?

So the hyper hatred and fanatical , Trump obsessed world was like that when he was starring on the Apprentice was it?

Every chump on Facebook for the past 5 years has had to post how awful he is every day. Chumps drop it in during almost every conversation nowadays just how much they hate Trump. The BBC basically became Trump news 5 years ago as did mostly all media outlets did the same.

Trump has become a synoym for Hitler, evil, the devil, fascist, far right, racist, child imprisoner and hatred. His every word has been scrurinised and misconstrued.

People wear Trump tshirts and badges of their hate. People scream in the streets like escaped lunatics. People pilgrimage to Trump Towers just to take a picture of them sticking their finger up at it so they can post it on their Instagram.

Take JKB for example. There has been a thread in the shed for 5 years. People everyday updating on Trumps latest bowel movement and of course how much they hate him (but hate is bad they preach). How many Trump hate threads on JKB were there before he ran for president?

But aye, it was like that 15 years ago

:fonzie:

****ing sheep.

Edited by i8hibsh

33 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Good news, the GB Olympic team is making the celebration of diversity it's theme.

At least that's something everyone on this thread can unite behind.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/may/06/team-gb-embrace-unity-in-diversity-theme-for-tokyo-olympics-kit

It is just at the 'trying too hard' stage now.

As if we don't celebrate our BAME athletes.  

Forever Hearts
38 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Good news, the GB Olympic team is making the celebration of diversity it's theme.

At least that's something everyone on this thread can unite behind.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/may/06/team-gb-embrace-unity-in-diversity-theme-for-tokyo-olympics-kit

Definitely. There's not been enough publicity for this kind of stuff over the past 12 months. 

More please!

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Really?

So the hyper hatred and fanatical , Trump obsessed world was like that when he was starring on the Apprentice was it?

Every chump on Facebook for the past 5 years has had to post how awful he is every day. Chumps drop it in during almost every conversation nowadays just how much they hate Trump. The BBC basically became Trump news 5 years ago as did mostly all media outlets did the same.

Trump has become a synoym for Hitler, evil, the devil, fascist, far right, racist, child imprisoner and hatred. His every word has been scrurinised and misconstrued.

People wear Trump tshirts and badges of their hate. People scream in the streets like escaped lunatics. People pilgrimage to Trump Towers just to take a picture of them sticking their finger up at it so they can post it on their Instagram.

Take JKB for example. There has been a thread in the shed for 5 years. People everyday updating on Trumps latest bowel movement and of course how much they hate him (but hate is bad they preach). How many Trump hate threads on JKB were there before he ran for president?

But aye, it was like that 15 years ago

:fonzie:

****ing sheep.

People have been calling Trump a racist since the Central Park 5 incident in 1989. He wasn't the leader of the free world so people cared a lot less.

Educate yourself. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

People have been calling Trump a racist since the Central Park 5 incident in 1989. He wasn't the leader of the free world so people cared a lot less.

Educate yourself. 

You come across as an angry, self-righteous, patronising, condescending pain in the hole. 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You come across as an angry, self-righteous, patronising, condescending pain in the hole. 

And a bore .

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Couldn't give a single ****. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Maybe you should. 

Like I'm gonna take *any* advice from someone in here trying his best to downplay and minimise racism. Jog on 😂

been here before
11 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Like I'm gonna take *any* advice from someone in here trying his best to downplay and minimise racism. Jog on 😂

The nightmare continues and is now encroaching into Danny Dyer territory.

:facepalm:

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Which I haven't done in any way, shape or form. You've had a nightmare. It happens. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Which I haven't done in any way, shape or form. You've had a nightmare. It happens. 

I can defend anything and everything I've said in here happy in the knowledge it doesn't come down on the side of racists. Call that a nightmare all you want, confirms what I already knew about you. Hopefully you'll stop dragging those knuckles someday 🤞

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

I can defend anything and everything I've said in here happy in the knowledge it doesn't come down on the side of racists. Call that a nightmare all you want, confirms what I already knew about you. Hopefully you'll stop dragging those knuckles someday 🤞

You've came across as a complete bellend. 

My guess is 'Sow Easy' is from down Lochend way and he is using this thread to boost his post count, therefore taking away suspiscion.  His name is a give away too as in he is a troll.

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

My guess is 'Sow Easy' is from down Lochend way and he is using this thread to boost his post count, therefore taking away suspiscion.  His name is a give away too as in he is a troll.

I'd be amazed if he acted the way he does on here in the real world. So much angst. 

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another delusion of yours to add to the almighty list. 

Mysterion
25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I listened to the podcast. 

I genuinely don't believe he is a racist but I can see why his comment upset the guy. It was crass and stupid.

Ross seemed genuinely regretful and his resignation was inevitable in these times.  

I generally agree with this, crass and stupid comments. I don't necessarily think he was malicious.

I'm trying to weigh up if i admire the fact that he took ownership of the situation and resigned to show his remorse or if i am cynical enough to say "he's resigned to control the fall out."

Not sure. 

Would like to believe it's the former and that he returns to the game quickly. 

I'd also like to hear from the player who was offended - not looked but at the same time not heard any public comment from him. 

3 hours ago, Mysterion said:

I generally agree with this, crass and stupid comments. I don't necessarily think he was malicious.

I'm trying to weigh up if i admire the fact that he took ownership of the situation and resigned to show his remorse or if i am cynical enough to say "he's resigned to control the fall out."

Not sure. 

Would like to believe it's the former and that he returns to the game quickly. 

I'd also like to hear from the player who was offended - not looked but at the same time not heard any public comment from him. 

Sense breaks out on this thread at last!