Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Sow Easy

• Forever Hearts

• Boris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

airdriejambo3

I love how when these people try to defend themselves they come out with the "Heat of the moment". Well in my experience the heat of the moment is exactly when you find out the real person inside slips out. Well call it the heat of the moment but the guys a twat. 

Rick James
29 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

I love how when these people try to defend themselves they come out with the "Heat of the moment". Well in my experience the heat of the moment is exactly when you find out the real person inside slips out. Well call it the heat of the moment but the guys a twat. 

Seen it at Tynecastle unfortunately. Or should I say heard it. 'You ****' or words to that affect would be totally fine, but why people feel the need to insert the colour of someone's skin in that is beyond me.

been here before
39 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I wish the reports would actually say what was said

"The player, Dutch winger Enzio Boldewijn, was on the pitch playing when Ross is alleged to have told shocked substitutes: “He reminds me of one of those African players who is older than he says he is.”

Boldewijn was made aware of the comments by his angry dressing room colleagues after the match. The 28-year-old went immediately to captain Michael Doyle to make his feelings clear.".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/notts-county-assistant-maurice-ross-24038835

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

"The player, Dutch winger Enzio Boldewijn, was on the pitch playing when Ross is alleged to have told shocked substitutes: “He reminds me of one of those African players who is older than he says he is.”

Boldewijn was made aware of the comments by his angry dressing room colleagues after the match. The 28-year-old went immediately to captain Michael Doyle to make his feelings clear.".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/notts-county-assistant-maurice-ross-24038835

Ross always seems a bit of a know all as a pundit but shows he know nothing with a comment like this. Especially with all of the campaigns against racism and he uses a stereotype comment like this about one of his own players 

The Kdogg

The real racists see racism everywhere. I really don’t understand how that is racist. The virtue signallers will be having an outrage competition though. As per usual. Way too many people desperate to be a victim these days. I don’t want people being called the N word or any of that stuff but that’s pathetic for me

CostaJambo
16 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

The real racists see racism everywhere. I really don’t understand how that is racist. The virtue signallers will be having an outrage competition though. As per usual. Way too many people desperate to be a victim these days. I don’t want people being called the N word or any of that stuff but that’s pathetic for me

Agree. If he had said "Saudi" instead of "African" referring to the World U-17 fiasco years ago nobody would have batted an eyelid. 

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is that really a sacking offence? 

Well he got sacked for it so obviously. 

john thomas
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Maybe better question is 'should it be a sacking offence' .

No it shouldn't

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm fully aware he got sacked for it, smart arse. My question was, was it justified for somebody to lose their job over? 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Rick James
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Didn't realise it was said about his own player. :rofl:

What a tit.

Rick James
38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Certainly heard a lot worse, but Boldewijn was offended and that's enough surely. Especially seeing as it came from his own assistant manager. Very bizarre comment to make, even if only meant as a joke. Failure to deal with that might just lead to a revolt among the players who it seems were totally supportive of their team mate. 

41 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Not necessarily racist, more ill informed, ignorant and very insensitive, as the original headline alludes to. The only person who's the victim here is Enzio Boldewijn who was the butt of the joke. If he feels offended, then who are we to say different?

Edited by Locky

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm fully aware he got sacked for it, smart arse. My question was, was it justified for somebody to lose their job over? 

Probably not in my book tbf. 

21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He sounds like a smart arse on the radio and well up himself

Sub4TiddlerMurray
28 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Utter nonsense. "Real racists" wouldn't "see racism" at all, in fact they are more likely to dismiss it as "virtue signalling." Better to diminish and ridicule complainers as "over-sensitive" than ask the real questions. 

To be fair, I've heard worse behind the scenes in pro football but it's only now that racism is being outed rather than tolerated or ignored. There is a scale of outrageous to the unintentional but unless there is a zero tolerance, and real attempts to educate and understand within the game, it will continue as "it's only banter". Racism has to stop.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Pretty shite getting the sack for that. 

Thought you'd be all for sacking him being a wee progressive snowflake. 

Spellczech

Offensive? Yup. Racist? That's a stretch - Is it because he's Dutch but being compared to Africans?

There really is no forgiveness in life now, even for the smallest, misguided thing.

People are judged, hung, drawn and quartered no matter what. 

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

There really is no forgiveness in life now, even for the smallest, misguided thing.

This. 

I don’t think this was a racist act personally 

Having said that I don’t think it’s acceptable in any job for management to slag off an employees appearance behind their back to the other employees. 

If you’re saying it while including the person you can gamble that they’ll take it as banter but being sly about it is poor 

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct.

It’s almost wrong to breathe nowadays.

James1874f
1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Agree. If he had said "Saudi" instead of "African" referring to the World U-17 fiasco years ago nobody would have batted an eyelid. 

Unfortunately you are correct. 

Section Q
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

My thoughts too. We live in a very defensive world....

This sort of intolerance does the fight against actual racism no favours. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the players have ganged up to get rid of an unpopular coach. 

To brand someone as racist for something like this is wrong imo. 

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Likewise...

offended.jpg

Agreed - people are so desperate to be seen to be morally and politically correct that they are the ones that cause the problems at times.  Of course there are hugely offensive behaviours but there needs to be a balance and a genuine thought process rather than defaulting to hysterics...

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Agreed - people are so desperate to be seen to be morally and politically correct that they are the ones that cause the problems at times.  Of course there are hugely offensive behaviours but there needs to be a balance and a genuine thought process rather than defaulting to hysterics...

Saw him in Amsterdam, brilliant

Tommy Brown

Well I am in the "come on, that's not racist" camp.

But good old social media has firmly tagged the man with the racist tag for the rest of his days.

Mildly offensive to the player involved. But let's play the Race Card and sack the honky.

(sorry if I have offended anyone, not intended, was just my shit sarcastic black humour.)

damn done it again.

TyphoonJambo

No way is that racist. If he was offended then approaching the guy,informing him that it offended him should have been followed by an apology and a commitment to never doing so again and should suffice.  In this modern world there's too many folk looking to be offended. So,whether you think their angst is correct or not,the fact that you've been made aware of the fact they find it offensive should make an apology in the first instance an acceptable end to it. Repeated or increased acts of the same nature should then be acted on.

Shit like this takes away from actual racism.  It’s an inappropriate comment but even then it’s pretty mild. 

Some people are walking around just desperate to be offended by something, hoping that they can be the next ‘victim’ and get attention. 

Caucasians deciding what is deemed racist.

Hetrosexuals deciding what is homophobic.

Males deciding what is sexist.

Seems a bit of a trend.

(Could precursor even more with white, male.......

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Well I am in the "come on, that's not racist" camp.

But good old social media has firmly tagged the man with the racist tag for the rest of his days.

Mildly offensive to the player involved. But let's play the Race Card and sack the honky.

(sorry if I have offended anyone, not intended, was just my shit sarcastic black humour.)

damn done it again.

black...humour of colour surely

He made fun of the guy based on his race so it is indeed racist.

Tommy Brown
15 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

black...humour of colour surely

steady!!! Alan Hansen got slaughtered for using coloured. 

It's so 80's.

25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Caucasians deciding what is deemed racist.

Hetrosexuals deciding what is homophobic.

Males deciding what is sexist.

Seems a bit of a trend.

(Could precursor even more with white, male.......

10 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Two very good posts, imo.

May one-six

It's ironic how those who often accuse others of being 'easily offended snowflakes' start clutching their handbags and getting all outraged when they see an example of what they might dismissively call 'wokism in action'.  The truth is that every case is different and it would be wrong to judge this incident and its outcome on a few lines in a news report. If Ross was sacked then his employers should have solid grounds for taking that action. If they didn't have those grounds then Ross should be pursuing a case of unfair dismissal.

Ron Burgundy
13 minutes ago, cheetah said:

So if a coach stated a player was so white that he was invisible in the snow that would be racist?

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

So if a coach stated a player was so white that he was invisible in the snow that would be racist?

If the coach wasn't white, then probably.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, Boris said:

If the coach wasn't white, then probably.

Ok.

I honestly don't understand it.

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Probably, depends on the coach's race.

Edited by cheetah

Ron Burgundy

I'm not going to argue but to me that seems that something like humour can be deliberately hijacked. If someone is trying to be offensive then that should be called out but if someone is making a joke ( gingers , fatties and speccys will be rubbing their hands at the possible compo here) and quite obviously not trying to hurt or offend the other person then that's massively different.

Simply being offended doesn't make you right.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm not going to argue but to me that seems that something like humour can be deliberately hijacked. If someone is trying to be offensive then that should be called out but if someone is making a joke ( gingers , fatties and speccys will be rubbing their hands at the possible compo here) and quite obviously not trying to hurt or offend the other person then that's massively different.

Simply being offended doesn't make you right.

You forgot Baldies 😏

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

You forgot Baldies 😏

Please don't be offended that I missed them out. I assume ( again hopefully that does not offend) you may be part of that group of unfortunates?

I’m sure I heard a Hearts podcast not long ago on which an ex-player was joking that Laryea Kingston never revealed his real age but nobody believed he was 27. I didn’t think that was racist and I don’t think Ross’s comment is either. It was just a joke but the podcast didn’t actually refer to Kingston’s nationality or ethnicity. 

The word African has been his downfall. 

Ross’s “joke” sounded more like ageism than racism.

Guess I’ve got a thicker skin than most, growing up in the 70’s/80’s as a Catholic Jambo. However, as a baldy fatty speccy, I’m in for triple compensation when the day arrives I can claim for it!  

Edited by Shaggy2

Madjambo21
13 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

How is Laryea Kingston these days 🤔

Older than he says he is 😬😬