Derby v Sheff Wed on the w'end.....

Section Q

Section Q

If Calum Paterson's team manage to beat Derby, there's a big chance they avoid relegation. They've had a hard season with points deductions, just like we had in our relegation season. And there's added bonus of Rooney's team going down. Should be a great game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

Nessjambo67

Makes for an interesting game all to play for 2 massive clubs hope for CP sake they stay up think Derby May do it especially with home advantage. Not been great for ex jambos re relegation Sam Nicholson’s Bristol rovers relegated to league 2 and it’s probably the end fir big Uche in the championship too as Wycombe have such a poor goal difference 

28 minutes ago, Section Q said:

If Calum Paterson's team manage to beat Derby, there's a big chance they avoid relegation. They've had a hard season with points deductions, just like we had in our relegation season. And there's added bonus of Rooney's team going down. Should be a great game.

Do went get a wee bonus if Sheff Wed escape relegation? Something to do with the sell on agreement with Cardiff, Cardiff due more money if Sheff Wed stayed up.

If Rotherham win tonight it's curtains for Sheffield Wednesday.    It would be done on either goal difference or points since Rotherham have two games to play.    Luton tonight then Cardiff. 

Rotherham would have to lose or draw tonight to give Sheffield Wednesday a chance. 

Edited by HMFC01

William H. Bonney

I just assumed derby would be in the top six. Never knew they were in trouble. 

Section Q
26 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

If Rotherham win tonight it's curtains for Sheffield Wednesday.    It would be done on either goal difference or points since Rotherham have two games to play.    Luton tonight then Cardiff. 

Rotherham would have to lose or draw tonight to give Sheffield Wednesday a chance. 

Didnt notice Rotherham's game in hand. Hopefully Paterson stays up. Great character, hard tackler with a smile on his face....

Section Q
30 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Makes for an interesting game all to play for 2 massive clubs hope for CP sake they stay up think Derby May do it especially with home advantage. Not been great for ex jambos re relegation Sam Nicholson’s Bristol rovers relegated to league 2 and it’s probably the end fir big Uche in the championship too as Wycombe have such a poor goal difference 

Nicholson with a good attitude would be a handy player.

indianajones
13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Maybe Paterson would consider coming back to us if they go down?!

Paterson is a much better and bigger player than what Hearts can afford now. 

Only the uglies could afford up here. 

Mr Brightside
13 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Doubt it, he would pick up another Championship team easily enough.

I think he will be back at some point but not for 4-5 years yet.

12 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I just assumed derby would be in the top six. Never knew they were in trouble. 

just checked derbys record this year 11 wins 10 draws and 24 defeats

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just checked derbys record this year 11 wins 10 draws and 24 defeats

Ouch. 

1 hour ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Talking of Bristol Rovers, Joey Barton was complaining of the mess he’d inherited etc.  Doesn’t really explain why their season got WORSE when he came along and how the previous management had a better record than him.  Never your fault, Joey, is it?

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Do went get a wee bonus if Sheff Wed escape relegation? Something to do with the sell on agreement with Cardiff, Cardiff due more money if Sheff Wed stayed up.

Think you could be right.

Something to do with an agreed/guaranteed fee provided SW avoided relegation.

Could be wrong but £1m seems to come to mind

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Wednesday will want to offload him if they go down. 

Malinga the Swinga

Saw SW game v Forest last Saturday. With exception of Barrie Bannon, they were dreadful and I couldn't see them staying up. 

Then I saw Derby v Swansea and Derby were even worse. 

Rochdale had do many games in hand but they have lost almost all of them

Game v Luton vital as Cardiff will destroy them. 

Hope Rochdale lose or draw as then the SW/Derby match really matters. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Saw SW game v Forest last Saturday. With exception of Barrie Bannon, they were dreadful and I couldn't see them staying up. 

Then I saw Derby v Swansea and Derby were even worse. 

Rochdale had do many games in hand but they have lost almost all of them

Game v Luton vital as Cardiff will destroy them. 

Hope Rochdale lose or draw as then the SW/Derby match really matters. 

rotherham not rochdale

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

rotherham not rochdale

Apologies. Rochdale went down from L1 at weekend

No idea why I got them mixed up(or why I am using italics). 

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Not if Rotherham win their games. 

Derby and Sheffield Wed will both go down. 

Rick James
5 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Not out of the realms of possibility even if Rotherham win tonight. Just the 1 goal swing between Wednesday and Derby. Should Wednesday win on Saturday and Rotherham suffer a fairly heavy defeat to Cardiff, they could still stay up.

Granted that's all a bit hypothetical but it would make for a thrilling final day.

37 minutes ago, Locky said:

Not out of the realms of possibility even if Rotherham win tonight. Just the 1 goal swing between Wednesday and Derby. Should Wednesday win on Saturday and Rotherham suffer a fairly heavy defeat to Cardiff, they could still stay up.

Granted that's all a bit hypothetical but it would make for a thrilling final day.

Cardiff to do Patterson a favour :brows:, possible indeed.    I backed Luton to win tonight.    It's been a close game so far.    Both had chances but Luton had the better. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Section Q said:

Nicholson with a good attitude would be a handy player.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back up the road. Neilson tried to get him last summer. 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 04/05/2021 at 22:42, JackLadd said:

I'd laugh if they both went down and Rotherham survived, 

why?

Mundaydog
On 04/05/2021 at 22:08, ToqueJambo said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back up the road. Neilson tried to get him last summer. 

Injured, will miss the start of next season as well due to delay in getting surgery. As per usual with us at the moment, I expect a picture of him on crutches and the scarf in the next few weeks..

On 04/05/2021 at 15:15, Jambo 4 Ever said:

:rolleyes:

Owlvisiting

Patterson has been a solid all season.

Clearly enjoys playing, gives 100% every game and chipped in some useful goals as well. If we could put out a team of Pattersons I'd be more confident on Saturday.

Its the rest of the squad who've let us down week after week.

After the six point deduction if we go down and Derby stop up, we'll have been relegated because our accountant was less creative than theirs. Both clubs did a sale and leaseback on their grounds, we made a mess of ours accounting wise and paid the price. FFS.

cookieboy
2 hours ago, Owlvisiting said:

Clearly enjoys playing, gives 100% every game and chipped in some useful goals as well. If we could put out a team of Pattersons I'd be more confident on Saturday.

After the six point deduction if we go down and Derby stop up, we'll have been relegated because our accountant was less creative than theirs. Both clubs did a sale and leaseback on their grounds, we made a mess of ours accounting wise and paid the price. FFS.

good luck for Saturday mate

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
23 hours ago, Owlvisiting said:

Many of the owls I know (I'm an exile in Crookes) seem fairly resigned to going down.  I hope not.  I have a mate who's a baggie and I go along to Hillsborough and Brammall Lane with him when they're playing in Sheffield.  Other than that, my football consists of hearts online commentary from Laurie and Jimmy and Hallam home games. Sad but true.

Derby are on a wretched run of form, so I would fancy Wednesday to beat them. If they do, and Rotherham fail to win at Cardiff, then Wednesday survive.

I'd love to see Wycombe pull off the greatest of all great escapes though.  All they need is for Wednesday to beat Cardiff, Rotherham to fail to win, and then win their own game by 12 goals more than Wednesday beat Derby by.

I'll be watching this game.   Nerves could get the better of Sheffield to then let Derby in with a goal or two.   Not going to be a walkover. 

I think Cardiff can win or draw.    

10 hours ago, RobNox said:

Derby are on a wretched run of form, so I would fancy Wednesday to beat them. If they do, and Rotherham fail to win at Cardiff, then Wednesday survive.

I'd love to see Wycombe pull off the greatest of all great escapes though.  All they need is for Wednesday to beat Cardiff, Rotherham to fail to win, and then win their own game by 12 goals more than Wednesday beat Derby by.

I'll take SW staying up.

Especially as there appears to be a six figure sum coming towards Hearts relying upon it.

Edited by DETTY29

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Hesh said:

Any obvious reason Marshall not starting?

He's pish