• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• iainmac

• Hearts1975

• Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Someone post that Grandpa Simpson GIF for me, please?

Thanks.

🤣🤣

The Gorgie
46 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I haven't read the whole thread but think this is an ok signing. He looked fine earlier on when he was here but l think the lack of game time caught up with him for Brora game. I accept he should've done better but Remember there wasn't a reserve league this year. Match practice is a world away from just training. 

Lack of game time would also apply to the entire Brora team, they done no too bad!

been here before
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I think it was, not that it's relevant. He sees him every day in training so i will take his opinion over anyone elses

Difficult to know whose opinion carries more weight-

Our current no1 and one of our best ever goalies. A Scotland Hall of famer with well over 50 caps and a place booked at the Euros this year. A goalkeeper who has won 5 League titles, 3 Scottish Cups and 5 League Cups. A keeper who was once the subject of a British record for a goalie transfer.

Or

A slaver who sits on an internet messageboard starting threads greeting about the colour of a football strip.

Decisions, decisions.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t mind Stewart signing - better saving higher wages for a more important position (and pray Gordon doesn’t get injured).

My main comment would be - I can’t really see where Savage is earning his wage yet. I guess time will tell on that front so not a complaint just a lack of evidence yet from him as regards improved recruitment that is down to him.

Captain Canada

I expected this to happen but he's not really impressed so far when given a  chance.

I'm sure it's not easy coming into the team from the cold though and our defence has been pretty poor at times this season as well. 

Hopefully Gordon will stay fit and play every game for us next season. 

He's looked like a he guy who got a game as he won with the lucky raffle ticket. Embarrassed himself at Brora and v QOTS with two poor displays. In Robbie we trust........ we've no other choice

Only seen him play twice v Brora and QoS, he was appalling in both games. Let's hope we don't have to rely on  him very often , if at all. Underwhelming.

Class of 75
5 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I can't imagine he's commanded a high wage at all mate.

Yep, hopefully not. 👍

Class of 75
1 hour ago, spug said:

Aye, they lost to Berwick in January and the manager was sacked in November.  Maybe a relative of Ann Budge was in charge of Rangers back then.

😂😂Possibly 

Churchill Barrier

With the exception of Gordon our keepers in past 3 or so years have been terrible.

Not seen enough of him to make a judgement,  worry is livi 3 rd choice deemed good enough for us now.

On a positive, read an article where Craig Gordon was praising him.

Always concerned when managers say he is popular in squad,he is there to be  keeper not a social convener.

Jambo in Bathgate
19 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

With the exception of Gordon our keepers in past 3 or so years have been terrible.

Not seen enough of him to make a judgement,  worry is livi 3 rd choice deemed good enough for us now.

On a positive, read an article where Craig Gordon was praising him.

Always concerned when managers say he is popular in squad,he is there to be  keeper not a social convener.

Signing a top keeper to play understudy requires top wages. As you can only play one keeper we would need to pay wages to attract someone who will be mostly sitting with the subs. 

34 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Kinda hard to bring transfers in when the window is shut 

He's had 5 or 6 months to work on pre-contracts, and to be entirely fair a month since it was certain we were back in the SPL.

Anyway I think Tom Hardy's Dug gave him more credit (he needs time) than I probably would at present.

Seymour M Hersh

Not unhappy tbh seems a capable back up and will only play if CG injured or on international duty.

heartsfc_fan

On pennies at Livingston. Will be a cheap backup compared to somebody like Zlamal.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He's had 5 or 6 months to work on pre-contracts, and to be entirely fair a month since it was certain we were back in the SPL.

Anyway I think Tom Hardy's Dug gave him more credit (he needs time) than I probably would at present.

Give the guy at least one "normal" transfer window before judging ffs! 

Bazzas right boot

Was there not a Fred on here with folk praising him after his debut?

3 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Are you suggesting that we should only be targeting out of contract players? 

No - are you? Plenty decent out of contract players that should have been being looked at IMO

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Give the guy at least one "normal" transfer window before judging ffs! 

Define "normal" - is this summer going to be a normal one? People good at what they do, in difficult circumstances, can still excel in the current environment.

Had high hopes for Savage, haven't seen much so far to back me up on that.

But then maybe he needs supported more than Budge's pets

Edited by Jammy T

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was there not a Fred on here with folk praising him after his debut?

Are folk not allowed to change their mind. Are first impressions final 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He's not great but as long as CG is here and fit I won't brown my pants. 

Where I'm at. If Gordon gets injured then it's another matter but cross that bridge if we come to it. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

No - are you? Plenty decent out of contract players that should have been being looked at IMO

Define "normal" - is this summer going to be a normal one? People good at what they do, in difficult circumstances, can still excel in the current environment.

Normal, as in not in the championship, in a reduced season during a covid wipe out. 

This summer will be more normal, we're in the  top flight so will recruit with that status. 

We won the league by 12 points so job more than done overall in regards to player recruitment. 

No idea what your last sentence means. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Are folk not allowed to change their mind. Are first impressions final 

It's more the extremes that some seem to reach. 

It's hard to track and make any sense out of it. 

Silvery_Moon

He has already made history with Hearts along with every player who 'played' that night against Brora. 

been here before
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's more the extremes that some seem to reach. 

It's hard to track and make any sense out of it. 

Its quite simple.

The frothers have a black and white view of things.

A good game = world beater, just what we need, exciting, get him signed up.

Bad game= total shite, journeyman, not good enough, Neilson/Budge arseholes for handing out a contract.

Good players can easily become shite as a result of one misplaced pass and they can never become good again.

Shite then leaves but scores a goal elsewhere= why did we let him go? Neilson/Budge nae idea, player in there, we ruined him, better than we have now.

Edited by been here before

SectionDJambo

What excellent goalkeeper is going to sign for Hearts knowing that he'll only get a game if Craig Gordon is injured. The best we can do is get someone in who is at least competent, and on not a lot of money. Harry Stone is clearly going to be Craig Gordon's successor as well, so being back up goalkeeper at Hearts is not much of a career improvement at present.

Maybe we'd all be happier with Zlamal or Doyle staying? Or getting another beauty on loan from Manchester United or similar.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its quite simple.

The frothers have a black and white view of things.

A good game = world beater, just what we need, exciting, get him signed up.

Bad game= total shite, journeyman, not good enough, Neilson/Budge arseholes for handing out a contract.

Good players can easily become shite as a result of one misplaced pass and they can never become good again.

Shite then leaves but scores a goal elsewhere= why did we let him go? Neilson/Budge nae idea, player in there, we ruined him, better than we have now.

They do froth a lot.

thecarnbeejambo

if this is the sign of things to come then we are in deep poo poo... i know he is just a back up but still...

cant wait for some more inspired signings

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Apparently the last 6 years was just one big froth.

The happy clappers know best. 

Maybe we need a poll ,

are you?

A) Happy Clapper

b) Frother

C) Neither of the above

D) All of the above depending on if you got your hole last night?

🤔 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Maybe we need a poll ,

are you?

A) Happy Clapper

b) Frother

C) Neither of the above

D) All of the above depending on if you got your hole last night?

🤔

Add, compulsive loser. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Add, compulsive loser. 

And possibly attention seeker....

Would be a great poll

43 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

What excellent goalkeeper is going to sign for Hearts knowing that he'll only get a game if Craig Gordon is injured. The best we can do is get someone in who is at least competent, and on not a lot of money. Harry Stone is clearly going to be Craig Gordon's successor as well, so being back up goalkeeper at Hearts is not much of a career improvement at present.

Maybe we'd all be happier with Zlamal or Doyle staying? Or getting another beauty on loan from Manchester United or similar.

I think it could be more to do with cash than anything else. Cheap option because other positions take priority. If Gordon was to go out with a serious injury we’d only have to get by till the next window. Wages will be peanuts. 

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Mother Mary and Joseph and his little donkey. 

Yes? My son. 

Edited by GinRummy

Holyrood_Hearts

Is it wrong I’d like a keeper that will keep CG on his toes & offer some competition?

What is he gets an injury & we have to play Stewart next season? He’s no clean sheets in 4 & conceded 2 or more v East Fife, Brora & Queens. We need a competent keeper at that level & RS isn’t that quality, hence why he was 3rd choice for Livingston

Greedy Jambo

You'd think Paul Gallacher would give Robbie a heads up. 

Must just keep his opinions to himself.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

It's just another one of his myriad excuses as to why we've had to ensure eye bleeding football. 

Now the transfer windows aren't normal? FFS! 

Strange how other teams seemed to have coped. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

This. When you have on his day the best goalie in Scotland and by all accounts one of, if not the, best young goalie prospect, a third goalie is not exactly a priority. But yeah, let's break the bank for someone people have heard of.

Niemi’s gloves
42 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Definately a poor signing. 

Are you “H” ?

brawlad74
2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Hopefully he's the 4th choice man

😀👍

brawlad74
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Are you “H” ?

If the gloves fit..unlike oor keeper 

Niemi’s gloves
4 minutes ago, Candy said:

Hopefully he's the 4th choice man

Apologies for my last post, you’d already made the same joke in a more subtle form

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This. When you have on his day the best goalie in Scotland and by all accounts one of, if not the, best young goalie prospect, a third goalie is not exactly a priority. But yeah, let's break the bank for someone people have heard of.

It’s a wee bit similar, in a small way, to how Spurs can’t sign another outstanding striker. Who is going to sign for them knowing Harry Kane is there?  He’s not getting dropped.

The obvious concern is if Craig Gordon was to get injured long term. But really good goalkeepers don’t want to sit on the bench for Hearts.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s a wee bit similar, in a small way, to how Spurs can’t sign another outstanding striker. Who is going to sign for them knowing Harry Kane is there?  He’s not getting dropped.

The obvious concern is if Craig Gordon was to get injured long term. But really good goalkeepers don’t want to sit on the bench for Hearts.

It's hard to get excited either way about our reserve - actually possibly 3rd choice - goalie. How many people can name the reserve goalie for any team outwith Rangers this season? And that's only because McLaughlin used to be our player, otherwise we'd have taken no notice. I wouldn't even swap our 3 for Celtic's.