New Signing - Ross Stewart

iainmac

jambonian
Just now, GinRummy said:

Did he not have a decent league cup game or friendly game. I'm almost sure we were talking about an actual performance when he done ok.

Think he did ok in a game in the League Cup early in the season but i think he played at Brora and was unconvincing. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• iainmac

• Hearts1975

• Bazzas right boot

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Did he not have a decent league cup game or friendly game. I'm almost sure we were talking about an actual performance when he done ok.

He may have done. I’m sure all keepers do have good games from time to time, even if they are sub-standard. 

27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The Club needs three keepers for the first team.  Whether this signing  is right or wrong will be proven next season as it can't be justified on his last few games.  I do seem to remember that he was well received early on by JKB.

Based on what though as I doubt many had watched Livi's 3rd choice keeper before he joined us on loan?

What I've seen since he's played gives me the fear and that wasn't against Premiership opposition.

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

He may have done. I’m sure all keepers do have good games from time to time, even if they are sub-standard. 

Pereira even had slow motion videos of him catching the ball in trainingl.

Hearts1975
10 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Think you've got it there. Should Craig get injured, we either sign his replacement on loan or Harry Stone gets the opportunity. There is no way Ross Stewart plays an extended number of games.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but if it does then HS should get his opportunity - that’s if we loan him out and with a recall option. And/or Neilson feels the same way 

It’s all ifs and buts 🤷‍♂️

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Hopefully it doesn’t happen but if it does then HS should get his opportunity - that’s if we loan him out and with a recall option. And/or Neilson feels the same way 

It’s all ifs and buts 🤷‍♂️

Definitely mate, and not something to be raging about imo when there is plenty else going on at the club.

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Pereira even had slow motion videos of him catching the ball in trainingl.

That would give anyone the fear 😱

41 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play a single game over the course of his deal mate. Away and be raging about it though.

OK, thanks for your permission to allow me to comment on  what I've actually witnessed with my own eyes.

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

He’s back up wind your necks in 😂😂. This place is poisonous, glad the people at Hearts think the same.

Can’t say I’m that bothered but he has looked poor when he’s played and is only one injury away from being first choice. I’d like to think we would be able to get a back up keeper who’s not woeful but clearly not. 

airthjambo
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

CG might be away on International duty - see the Brora game for what happens when we don't have adequate back ups.

Premier games will not be played on international dates

Randy Marsh
40 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I imagine the reasons for not doing just that boil down to 1) Zlamal presumably being on a lot more money than Stewart is and 2) Zlamal might not want to sit around any longer, knowing full well he's getting nowhere near the first team.

And anyone who thinks he's as bad as Kurskis was never saw Kurskis play.

I watched Kurkis at Ibrox and then seen him get sent off against ICT at home shortly after.  Stewart's performance against Brora was just as bad.  Two awful goalkeepers, just as bad as each other. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

7 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

Premier games will not be played on international dates

He's got a 2 year deal - every chance we'll be back in the Championship if Neilson is still here.  😜

airthjambo
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

He's got a 2 year deal - every chance we'll be back in the Championship if Neilson is still here.  😜

He won't be if that happens, Craig would probably leave at the end of his deal as well if that was the case

2 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

He won't be if that happens, Craig would probably leave at the end of his deal as well if that was the case

2 minutes ago, airthjambo said:

So Stewart then becomes Number 1?

Jeezoooooo! 

gowestjambo

Under the moon about Heart of Midlothian signing Ex Livi's third choice Keeper. From what I saw of him, I presumed our Talent Spotting Team would realise he is not good enough.

Obviously they did not watch the couple of times he played for us.....

The Hogfather
20 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I watched Kurkis at Ibrox and then seen him get sent off against ICT at home shortly after.  Stewart's performance against Brora was just as bad.  Two awful goalkeepers, just as bad as each other. 

Not even close. Kurskis literally threw the ball into his own net against Rangers. Nothing Stewart has done at Hearts comes even close to that level of incompetence. You're clouding your judgement with the result against Brora being one of the worst in our history, rather than objectively comparing the two.

Christ, Pereira was worse than Kurskis and Stewart is nowhere near as bad as the hologram.

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

cheap third choice, whatever

Not if Harry Stone goes out on loan.

He'll become an expensive 2nd choice.

colinmaroon
43 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Based on what though as I doubt many had watched Livi's 3rd choice keeper before he joined us on loan?

What I've seen since he's played gives me the fear and that wasn't against Premiership opposition.

I'm sure it was after his first game for us.

PS I'm in the NoThankyou Brigade.

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Not even close. Kurskis literally threw the ball into his own net against Rangers. Nothing Stewart has done at Hearts comes even close to that level of incompetence. You're clouding your judgement with the result against Brora being one of the worst in our history, rather than objectively comparing the two.

Christ, Pereira was worse than Kurskis and Stewart is nowhere near as bad as the hologram.

Maybe.  I just feel a half decent keeper would have saved Brora's first goal and certainly not flapped about at their 2nd.

jambonian
Just now, gowestjambo said:

Under the moon about Heart of Midlothian signing Ex Livi's third choice Keeper. From what I saw of him, I presumed our Talent Spotting Team would realise he is not good enough.

He'll be cheap, that's all that matters. It's the way we do things these days. There's no talent-spotters at Hearts, if there was we wouldn't be in the position we have the last few years. And even if there is a hint of a talent spotter, he must be getting ignored.

55 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Think he did ok in a game in the League Cup early in the season but i think he played at Brora and was unconvincing. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Aye, he was gash against Brora. Was more talking about the good reception he got from fans early days and the fact it was based on seeing him play for us. He's not for me. Let's just hope CG stays fit.

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Maybe.  I just feel a half decent keeper would have saved Brora's first goal and certainly not flapped about at their 2nd.

Broras first goal was pinged into the top corner. As for the second, he should do better. Just like the two Hearts players at the back post should do better with the single Brora player near them. Brora was an absolute nightmare, but he's not the one at fault for it. There were 10 other Hearts players that couldn't;t kick their own arses that night.

Until Stewart actually chucks the ball into the back of his own net, he won't be as bad as Kurskis. Or the hologram.

kingantti1874
57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh,If you and others are having an emotional reaction to everything the problem is yours. 

I’m not emotional, I just call what I see. If neilson deserves praise I will give it. For example I’ve been impressed by Logan! Admitted I was wrong and Morton away aside I like the system we’ve found.

there is no logic in the decision to release Logan and sign stewart. Two bizarre decisions 

He's been hopeless every time he's played for us, no idea why they haven't tried to get someone better, it surely can't be that difficult. 

Leveins Battalion

Has anybody looked at the goalkeepers with contracts ending?

They are all gash,Jordan Archer,Ross Laidlaw?

No thanks

Buffon is out of contract but at 43 doesn't fit out new mantra,dont think he would play 2nd fiddle to CG either.

Folk losing their shit over a warm up guy.🤣🤣

jambonian
Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye, he was gash against Brora. Was more talking about the good reception he got from fans early days and the fact it was based on seeing him play for us. He's not for me. Let's just hope CG stays fit.

I can't honestly say i recall a good reception, not saying it didn't happen, just that i don't recall it. But yes, we're going to need Gordon to stay fit. We're also going to need a solid out and out defender to come in aswell to play alongside a (hopefully) fully-fit John Souttar.

No Idle Talk

Let's just say I hope that any loan deal we arrange for Harry Stone next season includes an immediate bring back clause. Because if Craig Gordon gets injured or suspended I am in no rush to see 'Cheesy' between the sticks for Hearts again. 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

CG might be away on International duty - see the Brora game for what happens when we don't have adequate back ups.

Premiership teams don't have fixtures when it's an international week.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Premiership teams don't have fixtures when it's an international week.

May have been pointed out about half a dozen times already! 😄

The Treasurer
Just now, iainmac said:

May have been pointed out about half a dozen times already! 😄

Note to self, read whole thread before replying !!

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Note to self, read whole thread before replying !!

Then you'd have noticed that I'd covered myself for next season in the Championship! 😜

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Broras first goal was pinged into the top corner. As for the second, he should do better. Just like the two Hearts players at the back post should do better with the single Brora player near them. Brora was an absolute nightmare, but he's not the one at fault for it. There were 10 other Hearts players that couldn't;t kick their own arses that night.

Until Stewart actually chucks the ball into the back of his own net, he won't be as bad as Kurskis. Or the hologram.

I'm sure it was pointed out somewhere that RS had faced something like 12 shots in all the games he'd played and let in 9 goals.

Not saying all were savable but it's not a good ratio.

I'd also question if he's an upgrade on Zlamal or Doyle, neither of which are good enough, even as back up

52 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Seemed to be well though of, but cost us goals and games when brought in to deputise for CG.  Is Harry Stone not ready to be our number 2?  

27 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Has anybody looked at the goalkeepers with contracts ending?

They are all gash,Jordan Archer,Ross Laidlaw?

No thanks

Buffon is out of contract but at 43 doesn't fit out new mantra,dont think he would play 2nd fiddle to CG either.

Folk losing their shit over a warm up guy.🤣🤣

It'll be like this all summer if we don't end up with at least 3 or 4 Galacticos. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not emotional, I just call what I see. If neilson deserves praise I will give it. For example I’ve been impressed by Logan! Admitted I was wrong and Morton away aside I like the system we’ve found.

there is no logic in the decision to release Logan and sign stewart. Two bizarre decisions 

You're the one that mentioned emotional reactions, fair enough. 

I liked him too, good player. 

We move on tho. 

So some people on here want Stone to be number two and sit on his backside for most of next season.   How is a young goalkeeper to develop if he gets no game time.   I'm sure Jamie Mac wouldn't  be interested in coming back to sit on the bench.

HillmanHearts
24 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Craig Gordon was raving about him a fee months ago. If he is happy i am happy. 

Just might have been pre-Brora / QOS !! 

Famous 1874

Stone has to go on loan, but we could have easily got a better and just as cheap backup than Stewart. 

2 year deal😂

Shite from the club again. 8 goals conceded with only 13 shots faced🤣🤣 wake up people who are happy with that. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're the one that mentioned emotional reactions, fair enough. 

I liked him too, good player. 

We move on tho. 

emotional was maybe a bad choice of word. My point was if this was another manager it would be swept under the carpet as a wtf but oh well moment. 

David McCaig
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

CG being away on international duty was a consequence of not being in the top flight.

Pans Jambo
4 hours ago, iainmac said:

Ross Stewart has signed a pre-contract on a 2 year deal.

My worry about giving Neilson a 3rd transfer window has just been realised.

He was absolutely hopeless against Brora and we reward him with a 2 year deal. Terrific.

Yaay. This as fantastic news!

Said nobody ever!

henryheart
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Stewart has started 4 games against Raith (LC), East Fife, Brora and Queen of the South and conceded 8 goals from 15 shots on target. I cannot remember any wow moments; in fact I'm pretty sure that when I was his age I could have saved most, if not all, of the shots that he didn't let in. It just needs a long term injury to Craig Gordon, which of course has happened before, for him to become our first choice keeper rather than being Livingston's third choice.

Meanwhile Hearts send us all an email with the headline story being the celebration of him signing. Madness. 

will-i-am-a-jambo

I haven't read the whole thread but think this is an ok signing. He looked fine earlier on when he was here but l think the lack of game time caught up with him for Brora game. I accept he should've done better but Remember there wasn't a reserve league this year. Match practice is a world away from just training. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Mesnnwhile Hearts send us all an email with the headline story being the celebration of him signing. Madness. 

Too right. After complaints Hearts media team never sent out anything to supporters, they should have ignored the signing or perhaps sent out mail apologising for signing. 

Maybe that would have satisfied the miserable ***** who post on here. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is this the standard we are to expect now?

No, this is a highlight. Robbie has said rest of signings will be of a lower standard, perhaps restricting them to players Hibs have discarded. That should keep everyone happy. 

3 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Unbelievable. The Rangers players who played in the defeat to Berwick never played for the club again. The manager was also sacked. Why can't we do the same? 

Aye, they lost to Berwick in January and the manager was sacked in November.  Maybe a relative of Ann Budge was in charge of Rangers back then.