New Signing - Ross Stewart

iainmac

Don't worry, keeper issues aren't the kind of thing to get you into relegation bother. Actively rewarded for being largely responsible for the worst result in our history.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• iainmac

• Hearts1975

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

It’s amusing to read the knockers citing the Brora game to slate Ross Stewart. When I suggested a couple of weeks ago on the Neilson Out thread that we wouldn’t have lost at Brora if Craig Gordon had been in goal (notwithstanding the generally lousy outfield performance) I was accused of making excuses, accepting mediocrity, blah, blah blah. Funny how some people change their tune to have a go at the club come what may. 

We should have beaten Brora with Rod Stewart in goals.

Got in first.

2 year deal unbelievable, Stone should be number 2 next year, typical safety first shit from booboo.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I feel like I missed something about Stewart where he went from a fine back up to an awful goalkeeper. I suspect its because he was in goals against Brora and Queen of the South, even though I would not say he was at fault for any of the 5 goals conceeded in those two matches. I am fine with him as a back up, and he only played 4 games this season, all of which because of international games for Gordon.

Stone will get another season on loan at a higher level which should make him ready to play first team.

Yh I missed it too. However I would say he was at fault for Broras second , also the lob against QotS (second maybe) he was too far out , that can be caveated a bit though with Gordon nearly getting lobbed too a few games ago. Some keepers just play further off their line. 

Jamhammer
39 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Gordon is our number 1.

Stewart is likely going to be number 2, or hopefully 3 if Stone develops.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Unless Gordon gets injured.

Then we’re proper ****** 

Awful signing

kingantti1874

For **** sake. 

don’t keep Logan. Sign Ross Stewart. 😂😂😂😂

id rather play Shay Logan in goals than keep Stewart

Jamhammer
37 minutes ago, iainmac said:

CG might be away on International duty - see the Brora game for what happens when we don't have adequate back ups.

It’s not like we’re gonna be playing better teams than Alloa and Brora though.

Oh wait.

been here before

Frothers greeting because we havent signed Oblak from Athletico as a third choice goalie in the SPL.

He's a backup keeper. Why waste a wage on someone that's rarely ever going to play?

We had Roddy McKenzie as backup for years and he wasn't perfect but did a job when Giles was out. 

Stewart seems a decent character, obviously gets on with Paul & Craig, and maybe adds something to the squad in other ways. Plus we have Stone who's more than capable of standing in if need be. 

Really don't see an issue here when Craig will play 90+% of games. 

36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, sign back up keeper and off we go again. 

We should of course, have signed a top class keeper, who is young but has played loads of games and who wants to be a back up and receive a low basic wage. He must also commit to being here for years, turn down any opportunity to go elsewhere but be highly ambitious. 

Anyone know keeper who fits the bill? 

p168196.png

Just now, been here before said:

Frothers greeting because we havent signed Oblak from Athletico as a third choice goalie in the SPL.

🤣 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I feel like I missed something about Stewart where he went from a fine back up to an awful goalkeeper. I suspect its because he was in goals against Brora and Queen of the South, even though I would not say he was at fault for any of the 5 goals conceeded in those two matches. I am fine with him as a back up, and he only played 4 games this season, all of which because of international games for Gordon.

Stone will get another season on loan at a higher level which should make him ready to play first team.

He wasn’t at fault when he got chipped from about 30 yards against QOS ? Right you are

Jamhammer
31 minutes ago, Deevers said:

You have to hope that Harry Stone is going to be Craig Gordon’s understudy next season and Stewart is only a back up. His performances against Brora and QoS were horrendous.

I’ve only heard good things about Stone so, fingers crossed this is the case. I thought he said he was away on loan again though

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

2 year deal unbelievable, Stone should be number 2 next year, typical safety first shit from booboo.

Stone needs games. It’s pointless him sitting on the bench.

A development loan deal, with him training with Gallagher and CG during the week will be better for everyone in the long term.

Stewart will be lucky to play 10 games for us in 2 years and he’ll be on a fraction of the wages Zlamal and Doyle are on imo.

I think we’ll see another GK come in......probably a loan from England. We just need to hope CG keeps fit.

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Unless Gordon gets injured.

Then we’re proper ****** 

Awful signing

I’m not a fan of RS but I’d see it as a cheap signing of a guy who fits in to the dressing room well and is prospectively our No 3. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that we sign a better and more experienced keeper on a one year deal to allow Harry Stone to go out on loan again, at a higher level than League Two, in the coming season

Jamhammer
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’m not a fan of RS but I’d see it as a cheap signing of a guy who fits in to the dressing room well and is prospectively our No 3. I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that we sign a better and more experienced keeper on a one year deal to allow Harry Stone to go out on loan again, at a higher level than League Two, in the coming season

I will contain my froth a bit if this is the case.

The concerning thing, especially with keepers is an injury to Gordon.

I genuinely think the league would have been much harder to win without him

Hearts1975

I just don’t understand why we don’t make Harry Stone our number 2.

I don’t like what I see with Ross Stewart on the pitch - he doesn’t inspire any confidence at all and he looks susceptible to cross balls 

Why sign him for 2 years? - when exactly does Stone get his chance 🤷‍♂️ By all accounts he is one of the hottest prospects to come out the academy for years. Get him in the team - waste of a wage where we could be spending it on someone else 

Ron Burgundy
46 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He looked woeful in the games he played recently....

Dear lord...those performances should have been enough to say no thank you....

We won the league though, just a couple of blips.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He wasn’t at fault when he got chipped from about 30 yards against QOS ? Right you are

Or the 2nd Brora goal when he flapped at a straightforward cross and gifted the boy from the Isle of Lewis the winner? 

Aye, he'll do just fine in the Premiership if he has to step in.

Hearts1975
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Hopefully that’s the case. If Stone doesn’t go out on loan next season, then you really need to question Neilsons judgement in doing this. 

Fort Vallance
55 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Ross Stewart has signed a pre-contract on a 2 year deal.

My worry about giving Neilson a 3rd transfer window has just been realised.

He was absolutely hopeless against Brora and we reward him with a 2 year deal. Terrific.

Any good news ?

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Hopefully that’s the case. If Stone doesn’t go out on loan next season, then you really need to question Neilsons judgement in doing this. 

What if Stone (who going by this thread has said he will be out on loan) doesn’t go out on loan but is 2nd choice with Stewart 3rd choice 🤔

Just now, Fort Vallance said:

Any good news ?

Aye, given the right set of circumstances we could be starting with Stewart & Popescu in our defence next season but that'll be OK because they don't cost us much in wages. How's that for your blood pressure? 😜

It’s probably a good move in some ways. It’ll get Stone thinking there’s a chance to become Gordon’s successor and not have another really good keeper in front of him in the queue. 

I’m not sure our management are as clever as that to engineer such a situation but it could work out that way.  Stone may well propel himself to second choice quite quickly

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Or the 2nd Brora goal when he flapped at a straightforward cross and gifted the boy from the Isle of Lewis the winner? 

Aye, he'll do just fine in the Premiership if he has to step in.

Save a wage and revert to the old school method of sticking an outfield player in if required. I'd imagine it would have the same outcome.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Save a wage and revert to the old school method of sticking an outfield player in if required. I'd imagine it would have the same outcome.

What's Ian Baird & Ryan Stevenson up to these days? 😄

Edited by iainmac

Do we have any other Keepers on the books youth level ? I don't think so and Bobby and Doyle are leaving. Hearts won't start the season with 2 keepers Stone will be at Hearts next season unless we are going to sign another keeper and then Stewart will be 3rd choice. But I don't think we will start a season only having two keepers signed to the club and in the squad. 

Hearts1975
Just now, sadj said:

What if Stone (who going by this thread has said he will be out on loan) doesn’t go out on loan but is 2nd choice with Stewart 3rd choice 🤔

If that’s the case why would we need a 3rd choice keeper ? You could be right but how many times are your first 2 keepers injured at the same time - there is always emergency loans available 

I just hope the lad isn’t going to get caught trying to jump 2 positions and if an opportunity presents itself for him to play 

Has Neilson said Stewart is 3rd choice ? If he has, I have missed that. 

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

What's Ian Baird & Ryan Stevenson up to these days? 😄

I remember Sandy Jardine going in goals at Love Street as well.

Bazzas right boot

Folk  getting angry over us signing a keeper that will be lucky to play a handful of games. 

Cracking stuff. 

Makes sense to pass up a full back who has looked comfortable in every game he's played, and has played consistently at the top end of the Premier League for years, and sign someone who was in the goals for the clubs worst ever result.

Moving forward.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, 151 said:

Makes sense to pass up a full back who has looked comfortable in every game he's played, and has played consistently at the top end of the Premier League for years, and sign someone who was in the goals for the clubs worst ever result.

Moving forward.

Our resident Hibby says it’s UPWARD PROJECTORY so good times ahead, for sure

Class of 75
56 minutes ago, hans said:

Livingstons 3rd choice goalie Another poor signing

Totally agree. How can Livingston's third choice keeper be good enough for Hearts? Sums up Neilson's signing policy. Clueless 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

If that’s the case why would we need a 3rd choice keeper ? You could be right but how many times are your first 2 keepers injured at the same time - there is always emergency loans available 

I just hope the lad isn’t going to get caught trying to jump 2 positions and if an opportunity presents itself for him to play 

Has Neilson said Stewart is 3rd choice ? If he has, I have missed that. 

We will be back to having Colt games , development loans etc next season , 3 keepers should be a minimum. I don’t think Neilson has , i was giving a hypothetical. Personally id see Stone on a developmental loan and Stewart as back up to Gordon this coming season , maybe reassess in Jan but most likely next summer. From peoples words about Stone and his performances Championship might be worth a loan period for Stone this year. Most likely it’ll be L1 at least til jan though. 

Hearts1975
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sorry - meant to say. I just don’t think Stewart has done anything worthy of earning a 2 year deal. Seperate point but all the same. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Class of 75 said:

Totally agree. How can Livingston's third choice keeper be good enough for Hearts? Sums up Neilson's signing policy. Clueless 

Snoreson had no idea what an actual footballer looks like. He’s an utter charlatan

Class of 75
3 minutes ago, 151 said:

Moving forward.

Unbelievable. The Rangers players who played in the defeat to Berwick never played for the club again. The manager was also sacked. Why can't we do the same? 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

He's either going to be backup or 3rd choice. No one should be getting their knickers in a twist over the backup goalie.

Paul Shark

Neilson going down the Fantasy League route. Desent first choice. Make up your squad with any old rubbish you pray will never get a game.

Class of 75
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Snoreson had no idea what an actual footballer looks like. He’s an utter charlatan

Yep out of his depth. 

Class of 75
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

He's either going to be backup or 3rd choice. No one should be getting their knickers in a twist over the backup goalie.

Yes but still the waste of a wage and signing fee that could be put to better use. 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Sorry - meant to say. I just don’t think Stewart has done anything worthy of earning a 2 year deal. Seperate point but all the same. 

I would imagine it’ll be peanuts , to me it makes sense. Having two keepers of Gordons level won’t happen. He hasn’t done anything for or against it on the pitch two decent performances , two poor ones. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A sound decision so long as Craig Gordon stays healthy, if he doesn't its not a great one. 

Nobody's playing in front of him, makes sense not to spunk budget on someone getting splinters in their arse.

Probably could have got better than him, but for how much money?

Nobody knows that 

Australis

The Joy's of Robbie getting more money to waste.

Think I am going to cancel my FOH payments.

Looking like a waste of time if he stays

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, sadj said:

This place is a hoot today. 

Start of the season when Stewart played - get him signed , now - hes shit.

5weeks ago - GTF Logan , now - why havent we signed him 🤣

Stewart is what he is a 2nd/3rd choice keeper - Stone is progressing well but is it better for him to be on loan or on the bench is a tough one. Gordon is the number 1 by a distance. We also won’t have games during international breaks next season.

It's the same mentalists all the time. 

There's fickle and there's just plain bonkers. 

He's great, he's shit, great again. Shit 

2nd/3rd choice keeper - ahhhhh, he's shit. 

Logan is the best tho. Posters moaning about signing him, Aberdeen reject etc, we need to be giving yoof a chance... Then why we releasing him as Robbie talks about signing younger players. 

😂😂😂😂

Folk just trying to out seethe each other. 

Another one that has the irony meter flying into orbit is-

I'm not renewing/ holding it back , I'm giving up my foh... Then moan about the quality of the signings. 

Get tae bed

Absolute  jokers. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Yes but still the waste of a wage and signing fee that could be put to better use. 

I can't imagine he's commanded a high wage at all mate.

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, sadj said:

We will be back to having Colt games , development loans etc next season , 3 keepers should be a minimum. I don’t think Neilson has , i was giving a hypothetical. Personally id see Stone on a developmental loan and Stewart as back up to Gordon this coming season , maybe reassess in Jan but most likely next summer. From peoples words about Stone and his performances Championship might be worth a loan period for Stone this year. Most likely it’ll be L1 at least til jan though. 

I would hope, if anything, that would be the case. Said it before, if Stone doesn’t go out on loan next season, then that’s a real concern in the sense, as to why we would be carrying 3 keepers at the same time 

Incidentally, I would love to see HS being given a chance, sooner, rather than later.

There may be opportunities to do so, next season, depending on the circumstances. Be interesting to see what happens. I just don’t really see what value Stewart adds - that’s all.

Having Gordon and Stone backing him up as number 2 sounds appealing. It’s also a 2 year deal that’s been dished out - would have thought 12 months would be more realistic - as u said, we could re-assess at the end of the season 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's the same mentalists all the time. 

There's fickle and there's just plain bonkers. 

He's great, he's shit, great again. Shit 

2nd/3rd choice keeper - ahhhhh, he's shit. 

Logan is the best tho. Posters moaning about signing him, Aberdeen reject etc, we need to be giving yoof a chance... Then why we releasing him as Robbie talks about signing younger players. 

😂😂😂😂

Folk just trying to out seethe each other. 

Another one that has the irony meter flying into orbit is-

I'm not renewing/ holding it back , I'm giving up my foh... Then moan about the quality of the signings. 

Get tae bed

Absolute  jokers. 

Say what ya mean SRB don’t hold back 🤣 

Ach social media is made for moaning and seethe. 

Balanced opinion and football fans is not really a thing. 👍🏻