New Signing - Ross Stewart

iainmac

Ross Stewart has signed a pre-contract on a 2 year deal.

My worry about giving Neilson a 3rd transfer window has just been realised.

He was absolutely hopeless against Brora and we reward him with a 2 year deal. Terrific.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• iainmac

• Hearts1975

• Bazzas right boot

hmfc_liam06

Gordon is our number 1.

Stewart is likely going to be number 2, or hopefully 3 if Stone develops.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Yes.  And we have the supposed excellent Harry Stone. 

I fear he will be another prospect who is always on loan and never seen in a Hearts jersey again. 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Ross Stewart has signed a pre-contract on a 2 year deal.

My worry about giving Neilson a 3rd transfer window has just been realised.

He was absolutely hopeless against Brora and we reward him with a 2 year deal. Terrific.

He will be 3rd choice hopefully

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Gordon is our number 1.

Stewart is likely going to be number 2, or hopefully 3 if Stone develops.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

What if gordon/stone are injured. He wasnt livis 3rd choice for nothing

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Sherbet said:

What if gordon/stone are injured. He wasnt livis 3rd choice for nothing

What if they're not injured?

He looked woeful in the games he played recently....

Dear lord...those performances should have been enough to say no thank you....

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

CG might be away on International duty - see the Brora game for what happens when we don't have adequate back ups.

Leveins Battalion

FFS he's a 3rd choice keeper to warm up Gordon and Stone:muggy:

Have a day off:fonzie:

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

CG might be away on International duty - see the Brora game for what happens when we don't have adequate back ups.

Premiership teams won't be playing during internationals.

Stone is going out on loan......he’s stated that himself recently.

2 GK’s isn’t enough for the squad......if one gets injured it would leave us one.

I think we need to sign another....hopefully someone better than Stewart.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Premiership teams won't be playing during internationals.

Oh, in that case that makes Stewart a great choice.

Thanks for allaying my fears.

Malinga the Swinga

Yep, sign back up keeper and off we go again. 

We should of course, have signed a top class keeper, who is young but has played loads of games and who wants to be a back up and receive a low basic wage. He must also commit to being here for years, turn down any opportunity to go elsewhere but be highly ambitious. 

Anyone know keeper who fits the bill? 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

At our level we’re never getting a quality back up keeper. Between Gordon and Stone I’d say we probably don’t need to spend much here either. Just someone who can train with both and is happy with that. 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, iainmac said:

Oh, in that case that makes Stewart a great choice.

Thanks for allaying my fears.

You're welcome pal.

This place is a hoot today. 

Start of the season when Stewart played - get him signed , now - hes shit.

5weeks ago - GTF Logan , now - why havent we signed him 🤣

Stewart is what he is a 2nd/3rd choice keeper - Stone is progressing well but is it better for him to be on loan or on the bench is a tough one. Gordon is the number 1 by a distance. We also won’t have games during international breaks next season.

David Black

I see nothing wrong with this signing. Gordon is our first choice and no one will dislodge him from that. What better quality GK is going to sign knowing that. Plus he's only 26 so plenty time to improve as most GK do with age. 

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Jesus Christ - have a day off , since when did the top league play during international breaks

Signing a quality GK who knows his only chance off a game will be in meaningless matches and if CG is injured or suspended has to be tough.

The last back-up GK I was 100% comfortable coming in for games was Steve Banks.

Edited by DH1986

You have to hope that Harry Stone is going to be Craig Gordon’s understudy next season and Stewart is only a back up. His performances against Brora and QoS were horrendous.

Tynecastlesmychurch
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

FFS he's a 3rd choice keeper to warm up Gordon and Stone:muggy:

Have a day off:fonzie:

Thank you! 👏

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Stewart is what he is a 2nd/3rd choice keeper - Stone is progressing well but is it better for him to be on loan or on the bench is a tough one. Gordon is the number 1 by a distance. We also won’t have games during international breaks next season.

Frothers gonna froth mate. It's incredible. Some people are so far gone, there is nothing the club could ever do to appease them, because mark my words if Budge sacked Neilson they'd find a negative in the new appointment.

AGoodLaugh

I don't think the fact that he may be third choice (personally I suspect he'll be second choice again) is much of a defence for signing a goalkeeper who's looked noticeably poor against lower league teams. Bobby is better than him. 

I Don't really care if he was 3rd choice at Livingston or not. I'm sure Craig may of had a say in this too . He was crap v Brora but wasn't one of Craig's first game for Hearts was 4.0 defeat to Falkirk in the cup ? .

Gordon will be on good terms with him and built a relationship with him in training. It's a  dam sight better than having Bobby or Doyle around Craig or young Harry Stone. 

Why would we go out paying massive wages to a keeper who knows he is a number 2 ? and many half decent keepers wont come in as a 2 . 

Cheap option to free up cash for outfield players? Stone ready to be number 2? Not impressed but until Gordon is out I can't get annoyed at this.

Italian Lambretta

Budge and Neilson trolling the Hearts fans again.

This is what 133k a month gets you.

10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Stone is going out on loan......he’s stated that himself recently.

2 GK’s isn’t enough for the squad......if one gets injured it would leave us one.

I think we need to sign another....hopefully someone better than Stewart.

Cut Stones loan short to come back if this ever happens then he can go back on loan once Gordon or Stewart is back. 

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Signing a quality GK who knows his only chance off a game will be in meaningless matches and if CG is injured or suspended has to be tough.

The last back-up GK I was 100% comfortable coming in for games was Steve Banks.

Banks was good. and when he became number 1 was even better . won 3 scottish cup's being a second choice keeper as well. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Pretty poor keeper from what I’ve seen, but folk forget, the guy will be on absolute buttons and is a number 2. So his job mainly is in training to make up numbers, I don’t think really we can get too angry when Craig Gordon is the number 1 and Stone the succession plan. Stone will be a cert to go on loan now.

Bluesy1874

Stone is going to a championship team on loan next season I believe, Gordon will be number 1 and Stewart will be back up.

Meh signing but cheap and fills a position that will get minimum playing time

Edited by Bluesy1874
Spelling error

Frothers gonna froth mate. It's incredible. Some people are so far gone, there is nothing the club could ever do to appease them, because mark my words if Budge sacked Neilson they'd find a negative in the new appointment.

Agreed , social media is insane but add football and its off the scale. I wonder if these people would be the same if it didn’t exist. 

Nessjambo67
17 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He looked woeful in the games he played recently....

Dear lord...those performances should have been enough to say no thank you....

Absolutely this end off 

21 minutes ago, iainmac said:

At least we are now in top league so all games will be cancelled for internationals.

But the fundamental point stands of course in that when needed to be used, he was useless.

Edited by DETTY29

KyleLafferty

He’s back up wind your necks in 😂😂. This place is poisonous, glad the people at Hearts think the same.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Hmmmmm

What's Jamie Mac's contract situation (I know it's a moot point)

He would have been a much better option and the Hearts fans would have been happy that he was backup to Gordon

Also why give a two year deal to a guy with little bargaining power when there will be 100s of muchness out there if need be?

Bunny Munro

Stone should be out playing 30 or so games on loan at a lower team, no point sitting on our bench.

Stewart is gash though, I'd rather keep Bobby.

johnthomas
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Banks was good. and when he became number 1 was even better . won 3 scottish cup's being a second choice keeper as well. 

Banks was too good to be second choice but we were paying top wages at that time .

Maybe some want to go back to the good old days of Vlad ?

Please don't answer the above . Much as many of us enjoyed that episode don't really think we want to go back there

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I feel like I missed something about Stewart where he went from a fine back up to an awful goalkeeper. I suspect its because he was in goals against Brora and Queen of the South, even though I would not say he was at fault for any of the 5 goals conceeded in those two matches. I am fine with him as a back up, and he only played 4 games this season, all of which because of international games for Gordon.

Stone will get another season on loan at a higher level which should make him ready to play first team.

Niemi’s gloves

It’s amusing to read the knockers citing the Brora game to slate Ross Stewart. When I suggested a couple of weeks ago on the Neilson Out thread that we wouldn’t have lost at Brora if Craig Gordon had been in goal (notwithstanding the generally lousy outfield performance) I was accused of making excuses, accepting mediocrity, blah, blah blah. Funny how some people change their tune to have a go at the club come what may.