Season tickets - Guarantee Phase now on sale

SectionDJambo
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Good to know. This will be my last season paying the full whack. I’m officially elderly next year. 

I missed out on concession prices by a fortnight two seasons ago. So I was paying full price for almost all the home games because I retained my season ticket.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• GinRummy

davemclaren
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I missed out on concession prices by a fortnight two seasons ago. So I was paying full price for almost all the home games because I retained my season ticket.

Interesting feature. 🥺

been here before
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t generally do anger so I’m fine as well. 

Your choice as to what you do but most folk didn’t seem to have the technical issues you did so probably don’t think it was a ‘shitier than shit’ service. Anyway, it would be nice to think we have seen the last ( or nearly the last ) of watching at home on streams and we can attend matches again sharing a milk carton of beer in the 1874 bar. 

You still dont get it. After all these months you're still missing it.

Nae bother laughing at folk though so all is good.

Hashimoto
8 hours ago, been here before said:

After the absolute shit fest that Hearts TV has been this last year, both quality wise, content wise and commentry wise Ill absolutely be looking for whatever Im due back. Ive paid handsomely through the nose this year for what must be one of the worst club TV productions in the league.

If the club need the extra dosh or havea problem with that then they could always give Pavlov dave an email and he could laugh at them and their problems with some stupid wee smiley and a feeble attempt at being a smart arse.

Feel the same way (excluding the Dave bit!)

I'm interested to see what the ST concessions will be once Mrs Budge comes up from behind the settee.

Italian Lambretta
19 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Feel the same way (excluding the Dave bit!)

I'm interested to see what the ST concessions will be once Mrs Budge comes up from behind the settee.

Judging by this thread it looks like a total lack of interest for season tickets.

MaskedMarauder

Sorry if this has been covered already but I’m so confused with the whole thing. I paid full whack for my platinum season ticket last year and never used Hearts TV or took any vouchers so does my ticket carry over to this year? Fully intending to obviously pay money towards the club but times are so tough at the moment so could do without another full season ticket payment right now?

frankblack
6 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Sorry if this has been covered already but I’m so confused with the whole thing. I paid full whack for my platinum season ticket last year and never used Hearts TV or took any vouchers so does my ticket carry over to this year? Fully intending to obviously pay money towards the club but times are so tough at the moment so could do without another full season ticket payment right now?

I think you had the Partick friendly free on the service and possibly the first league match against Dundee then had to notify the club if you were wanting to roll your season ticket over.  I think there was an email sent out plus messages on the Hearts website.

If you didn't do that and didn't use the service you have probably missed the chance to roll the season ticket forward to next season.

Captain Lithuania

Can’t wait to renew. Doesn’t matter who the manager, owner or players are. :) 

otterjohn
29 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Should scrap any carry over. Buy a new ST full stop. 

Amen

pennyjambo22
33 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

😂😂😂😂 with AB and RN in charge😂😂😂

jr ewing
38 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Great, if you can afford it. 

GinRummy
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Needs to be voluntary. Some people have had very tough lockdowns in a financial sense. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Needs to be voluntary. Some people have had very tough lockdowns in a financial sense. 

Indeed, plus they committed to it. 

GinRummy
Just now, davemclaren said:

Indeed, plus they committed to it. 

I’m sure there will be a way to market it to encourage people to buy fresh if they wish. Loads of people won’t be bothered about games owed. 

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m sure there will be a way to market it to encourage people to buy fresh if they wish. Loads of people won’t be bothered about games owed. 

I agree. 

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Judging by this thread it looks like a total lack of interest for season tickets.

There are thousands of Hearts fans who don't even look at kickback. Most of my friends I've spoken to have every intention of renewing for next seasom myself included. I don't see the point of us owning the club but not supporting it financially. 

One five
35 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

There are thousands of Hearts fans who don't even look at kickback. Most of my friends I've spoken to have every intention of renewing for next seasom myself included. I don't see the point of us owning the club but not supporting it financially. 

There’s lot of my mates/family also that have season tickets don’t come on kickback in fact a few that have come on have said “they just argue like big bairns”😂 I stick up for us of course 🙄

Stanley_

Am I right in thinking buying a season ticket for next year will give you access to all home games online regardless of what happens with Covid restrictions? If that's the case then I'll definitely buy one (I live in England so can only make a few home games each season).

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Indeed. I can afford it and I’m sure plenty others can. However there are others that can’t. I’m not sure how practical it is for the club to administer but I’d like to help out folk who can’t afford a new ST (especially if it meant a reduced allocation for H1B5 when fans are allowed back). 

been here before
26 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Am I right in thinking buying a season ticket for next year will give you access to all home games online regardless of what happens with Covid restrictions? If that's the case then I'll definitely buy one (I live in England so can only make a few home games each season).

No one knows although I imagine if we're back to 'normal' in as much as your ST gives you physical access to games then I doubt you'd also have the option of watching it streamed on Hearts telly.

Has that ever been the case?

Stanley_
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

No one knows although I imagine if we're back to 'normal' in as much as your ST gives you physical access to games then I doubt you'd also have the option of watching it streamed on Hearts telly.

Has that ever been the case?

No, it's never been the case (certainly not for UK fans at least).

I was only going by this article: https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629 although it's not 100% clear how it wiill work.

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

Likewise here!

Bizarrely I’ve seen Hearts more times this season than I have for many years, albeit not live! My ST this year has been the best value for money that I’ve had for decades! 
What you are asking is something I’ve asked previously because I’m sure the SPFL announced that.

If it’s correct I can see ST sales increasing significantly with people like us buying / continuing to buy them!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Likewise here!

Bizarrely I’ve seen Hearts more times this season than I have for many years, albeit not live! My ST this year has been the best value for money that I’ve had for decades! 
What you are asking is something I’ve asked previously because I’m sure the SPFL announced that.

If it’s correct I can see ST sales increasing significantly with people like us buying / continuing to buy them!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Until you can get full stadia I would think they will try to continue with streams being available in the UK. How long the tv rights holders allow it is another matter. 

Jambo-Fox
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Until you can get full stadia I would think they will try to continue with streams being available in the UK. How long the tv rights holders allow it is another matter. 

It’s an interesting approach because you could get clubs selling STs above their ground capacity ie with no seat guarantee! 
Even Hearts could sell say a new category A++ ST which allowed entry to all games except the hoboes & old squirm but with TV access to them which might be attractive to many!

Stanley_
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Likewise here!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

I've only been in London for 4.5 years but, yes, I watched far more matches this season than I have since leaving Edinburgh! 

I had a season ticket for years in Edinburgh but too difficult to make enough matches to really justify having one from London but would 100% buy one if able to watch online.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Likewise here!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yep. Haven't  missed minute.😇 or maybe😈.

bigdavemaddog
2 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

you can count me in if thats the case. i live in England but at some point ill need a big operation which will sideline me for a longtime and that would be useful if im hospitalised.

GinRummy
1 hour ago, bigdavemaddog said:

wonder if there will be a catagory B season ticket?

If they’re offering hearts tv on with the deal I’d think that would be a mistake. A lot of the category A games will be on sky sports anyway. 

JamboAl
18 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

This in spades.

Those who decide not to renew (for negative reasons) will be among the first to complain about the quality of our signings

luckydug
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If they’re offering hearts tv on with the deal I’d think that would be a mistake. A lot of the category A games will be on sky sports anyway. 

What about people who don't have Sky TV ? 

Does that mean they don't get to see the game at all ? 🤔 

Heartsofgold

I spoke to the season ticket office on Friday to make the long over due 2nd payment for last seasons tickets.

The woman I spoke to could not confirm any details about the coming year but she did say that they were expecting to make an announcement in 'the next few days'.  

Newton51

Hopefully no category c season tickets e.g no live games at tynecastle 

jimbojambo
16 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I spoke to the season ticket office on Friday to make the long over due 2nd payment for last seasons tickets.

The woman I spoke to could not confirm any details about the coming year but she did say that they were expecting to make an announcement in 'the next few days'.  

Did the ticket office contact you about payment as I am still waiting to hear from them? Thanks 

GinRummy
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

What about people who don't have Sky TV ? 

Does that mean they don't get to see the game at all ? 🤔 

That’s not what I meant, I wasn’t very clear. If cat b season tickets are offered and most of us end up watching on hearts tv, rather than on the ground then chances are the cat a games will be on sky. So everyone would be as well buying cat b tickets and either watching cat a games at home or in the pub. Assuming we aren’t in the ground. 

Edited by GinRummy
Smith's right boot
22 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Or a lack of interest discussing them until the come out. 

Smith's right boot
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

This in spades.

Those who decide not to renew (for negative reasons) will be among the first to complain about the quality of our signings

The irony will be missed by most of them. 

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

This in spades.

I've been through the great day's and the really bad day's, however it's always been our club although we didn't own it then. The club will always outlive owners, coaches and unfortunately us.

weehammy
On 08/05/2021 at 13:32, SectionDJambo said:

I’d rather be younger and paying full price than the decrepit old concession-receiving git I am now.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I’d rather be younger and paying full price than the decrepit old concession-receiving git I am now.

You don’t get that choice though. 😄

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

Did the ticket office contact you about payment as I am still waiting to hear from them? Thanks 

They did mate.  They sent me an email and set up a time to call me.

weehammy
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t get that choice though. 😄

Unfortunately correct. Just as I didn’t get to choose which of my parents’ elderly health issues genetics would ensure I inherited!

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I should say though I emailed them last month about it.  They only returned to the office on Friday I believe,

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Unfortunately correct. Just as I didn’t get to choose which of my parents’ elderly health issues genetics would ensure I inherited!

Indeed. 

blairdin

I'm absolutely torn. I've had a season ticket for years, I'm looking forward to normal Saturdays - the pre and post match pint, watching a game in among mates and those people round you that you just get to know - but I'm finding it difficult to square giving those running the club £350-£400 when they've shown utter contempt for the product on the pitch.

GinRummy
10 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I'm absolutely torn. I've had a season ticket for years, I'm looking forward to normal Saturdays - the pre and post match pint, watching a game in among mates and those people round you that you just get to know - but I'm finding it difficult to square giving those running the club £350-£400 when they've shown utter contempt for the product on the pitch.

I understand. I’m renewing but I think a lot of folk could be swayed by some good signings. There’s bound to be a limit to how much robbie can **** it up with better players. 

lost in space
18 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Yes - difficult.

I had decided that I was not going to get a ST after having one for many years - but was going to continue with my FoH donations.

Then I thought "that is daft" - why pay and not be able to attend (if I chose to).

So I cancelled FoH and will get ST - although may not attend.

We are in a ridiculous situation.

luckydug
33 minutes ago, blairdin said:

You should be able to get concessions for games not covered last season. 

Should knock a few quid of the price imo. 

I have to say though if we were judging our decision whether to buy a ST on a value for money basis there would be an empty stadium. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

I'd like to be paying the same price as I did back when I got my first concession season ticket book too many years ago. I still remember an old chap giving me my wee book in a wee office within the main stand. A simple piece of stationery with tickets similar to cloakroom tickets to be detatched as required throughout the season.

Took me about 4 hours for the return trip from home but I remember feeling great to have it in my possession.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season tickets - Guarantee Phase now on sale