Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

davemclaren

Just to confirm that JKB has renewed the two season tickets we buy for the the Edinburgh Children’s Hospital ( formerly the Sick Kids ). We have been buying these for many years now. Hopefully the kids will be able to get some use out of these in the coming season. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

davemclaren
On 03/06/2021 at 10:10, Bob Loblaw said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but the thread is big and I don't want to spend half an hour trawling through it.  The full price ST deadline is June 10, after that it's the period for reduced price renewals.  I assume the option to pay full price if you would rather is still there after the 10th?  I want to pay full price, but won't be in a position to until the end of June.

You can do that but not online. You would have to go to the TO or phone up. They can clearly only have one price online at any given time. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Just to confirm that JKB has renewed the two season tickets we buy for the the Edinburgh Children’s Hospital ( formerly the Sick Kids ). We have been buying these for many years now. Hopefully the kids will be able to get some use out of these in the coming season. 

Great to hear Dave. Well done JKB. 

Jambof3tornado

So ICT have just announced number of fans allowed in for tier 1 and zero, any chance we can get an update for our ground??

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So ICT have just announced number of fans allowed in for tier 1 and zero, any chance we can get an update for our ground??

This is the general advice for level 1 and 0. You can apply to the local authority or government for an exemption for higher numbers. This is the exemption used for the euros 

Outdoor seated and open space events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 2,000 people.

Guidance is being produced which may allow higher capacities to be agreed with the local authority/ Scottish Government depending on the event.

Edited by Newton51

Bob Loblaw
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You can do that but not online. You would have to go to the TO or phone up. They can clearly only have one price online at any given time. 

Cheers for that, will be doing it a bit later in the month.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

This is the general advice for level 1 and 0. You can apply to the local authority or government for an exemption for higher numbers. This is the exemption used for the euros 

Outdoor seated and open space events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 2,000 people.

Guidance is being produced which may allow higher capacities to be agreed with the local authority/ Scottish Government depending on the event.

There was me thinking those running the game may have looked at stadia individually to formulate a plan.

If its left up to our government we will get 1 games in every 3 maximum through the ballot system.

Crazy that we still dont seem to have a forward plan.

Independence
48 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There was me thinking those running the game may have looked at stadia individually to formulate a plan.

If its left up to our government we will get 1 games in every 3 maximum through the ballot system.

Crazy that we still dont seem to have a forward plan.

Attendance figures are the responsibility of the Local Authority not Scottish Government. LA's decide. LA's were informed this week.

Independence
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Brilliant.

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, Independence said:

Attendance figures are the responsibility of the Local Authority not Scottish Government. LA's decide. LA's were informed this week.

So is the post a bit higher up incorrect about asking for larger crowds, being a decision that government will be involved in?

19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So is the post a bit higher up incorrect about asking for larger crowds, being a decision that government will be involved in?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-to-apply-for-5000-fans-inside-easter-road-for-arsenal-friendly-3267488

If I've read this correctly social distancing at 2m, LA to decide.

If reduced to 1.5m (across whole country by SG) and over 5000, then SG approval required.

The 'strict criteria' comment will also reflect what is allowed.

Good that Hibs feel they can get 5k in under it because their 'footprint' and ours can't be too different.  Maybe we can get support to use the community pitch or old high school to help.

Somewhere like Murrayfield I'd imagine would be far simpler to get dispensation due to their overall greater footprint and access points.

Edited by DETTY29

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

McKinlay is talking 3500 for our stadium, initially. 

Cheers.  Haven't read the article in full from yesterday.

Edit - and have now and not mentioned.  Is there another source I can check where it is mentioned?

Edit 2 - read part 2 today I suppose.

Edited by DETTY29

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Barack said:

McKinlay is talking 3500 for our stadium, initially. 

So roughly 1 in 3 ST holders in each game. Fingers crossed that increases as younger groups get vaccines. Could end up that kids getting in could be the biggest risk if they remain unvaccinated.

wattie exploited

so it looks like we will be buying season tickets with the chance we might be in to see  the actual game once every 6 weeks if the figures mentioned are correct by lottery

another thing if you have family with you would you be going together or is that another issue anyone know what the score is with that ? 

so basically we are buying season tickets to watch most games on the tv again   

4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so it looks like we will be buying season tickets with the chance we might be in to see  the actual game once every 6 weeks if the figures mentioned are correct by lottery

another thing if you have family with you would you be going together or is that another issue anyone know what the score is with that ? 

Probably why the numbers are a lot lower than they would be in a normal season, Wattie.

I gave mine up for reasons of daft KO times which I couldn’t make. 
Can’t renew not knowing if I’d make less games than a normal season. Cannae afford it !

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

The club has no more certainty than anyone else on how many they can get in. Attending 1 in every 3 games at Tynecastle seems a reasonable assumption at the moment but could hopefully be better if things stabilise. 

Talk of ballots is probably not the system they will do, I'd imagine it would be a rota where groups on the e-Ticket account can sit together and count as one in the rota system.

57 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

That is my understanding, and I cannot say that I'm happy about it as the match experience is about going with family and friends.  We get what we vote for and I predict a lot of unhappy people as most of us are forced to watch streamed matches while we tune in to Match of the Day to see games played in front of near full houses.  

54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The club has no more certainty than anyone else on how many they can get in. Attending 1 in every 3 games at Tynecastle seems a reasonable assumption at the moment but could hopefully be better if things stabilise. 

The crucial factor - deaths and ICU admissions are fairly stable despite numbers rising fairly steeply as the high risk groups have been vaccinated. Given that the whole lockdown thing was based on pressure on the NHS I'm all in favour of full steam ahead, but this will not happen of course. I think you are right - about one game in three based on crowds of 3,500, although I see Hibs are asking for 5,000 for the Arsenal friendly. 

Smoked-Glass

So is it tomorrow the website will work for new season ticket holders?  Keep getting error message just now when I click buy season ticket 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Probably why the numbers are a lot lower than they would be in a normal season, Wattie.

I gave mine up for reasons of daft KO times which I couldn’t make. 
Can’t renew not knowing if I’d make less games than a normal season. Cannae afford it !

think there will be a lot of people in the same boat Boab plus the fact do you want to pay again just to watch most games on a stream :jambobanana:

wattie exploited
37 minutes ago, henryheart said:

That is my understanding, and I cannot say that I'm happy about it as the match experience is about going with family and friends.  We get what we vote for and I predict a lot of unhappy people as most of us are forced to watch streamed matches while we tune in to Match of the Day to see games played in front of near full houses.  

its a bit of a joke really and I cant see it getting any better under the SNP  :rifle:

Hungry hippo
34 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I think we just have to wait and see. No-one knows yet but events like the Euros will be effectively a trial of sorts.

I can't see a situation where the EPL is playing to full houses longer term and we are significantly reduced. Policy in Scotland has been more cautious but not by much so if big crowds were allowed in England without having a major adverse impact I'd expect similar here.

We'll see before the season starts how much of an impact reopening society in a mostly vaccinated country has on the hospitalisatons and the death figures.

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think we just have to wait and see. No-one knows yet but events like the Euros will be effectively a trial of sorts.

I can't see a situation where the EPL is playing to full houses longer term and we are significantly reduced. Policy in Scotland has been more cautious but not by much so if big crowds were allowed in England without having a major adverse impact I'd expect similar here.

We'll see before the season starts how much of an impact reopening society in a mostly vaccinated country has on the hospitalisatons and the death figures.

Sensible post. Scottish Government are currently undertaking a review of physical distancing with a view to it being reduced in many settings. They are also due to announce soon plans for beyond level 0. Once that has been set out, it will be easier for the club to make a plan. The latest the whole adult population should have been offered a full dou le dose vaccine is the end of October, although could well be earlier. So having only 3,500 fans per game for the whole season seems really unlikely to me.

25 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

So is it tomorrow the website will work for new season ticket holders?  Keep getting error message just now when I click buy season ticket 

Saturday 9am

16 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

its a bit of a joke really and I cant see it getting any better under the SNP  :rifle:

Wee Krankie hates us FACT 😏

24 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

think there will be a lot of people in the same boat Boab plus the fact do you want to pay again just to watch most games on a stream :jambobanana:

Not really, Wattie.

Surely by Sept it will be back to something like normal.

30 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

And yet the SG are getting it tight from some for allowing the fan zone on Glasgow Green to go ahead. 

What was it someone once said about not being able to please all the people all the time ?🤔

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

And yet the SG are getting it tight from some for allowing the fan zone on Glasgow Green to go ahead. 

What was it someone once said about not being able to please all the people all the time ?🤔

It's still curious that 15 months on and a year since aerosol transmission was well known that people don't get that outdoors is pretty much safe. 

See those that have differed their STs from last year to this. Are they getting 40 loyalty points out of just a £350 investment?

been here before
2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The renewal period ends on 15th July so I imagine sometime after that for new purchases. Theres also usually a period of time for existing ST holders to move seats which has still tbc.

How many have the other clubs around us sold?  Be interesting if the Sheep are getting behind Glass for example? 

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

See those that have differed their STs from last year to this. Are they getting 40 loyalty points out of just a £350 investment?

Good question 

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You only ever get 20 these days no matter how many season tickets you have in your name. 

Though if you ask for an individual ticket you might be one more. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You only ever get 20 these days no matter how many season tickets you have in your name. 

Though if you ask for an individual ticket you might be one more. 

Sure, but those who bought last year and refused the stream option still got 20 points. And if we had been allowed, would have still been able to attend a game at Tynie.

They now have a free ST for this year, do they also get another 20 points?

been here before
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Sure, but those who bought last year and refused the stream option still got 20 points. And if we had been allowed, would have still been able to attend a game at Tynie.

They now have a free ST for this year, do they also get another 20 points?

[email protected]

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's still curious that 15 months on and a year since aerosol transmission was well known that people don't get that outdoors is pretty much safe. 

I'm not against the fan zone but to claim because it is outside makes it safe is not taking all the factors into consideration. 

You really think people are going to keep a safe distance at all times. 

Scotland score and everyone will just applaud politely and raise a glass in celebration😂

Just now, luckydug said:

I'm not against the fan zone but to claim because it is outside makes it safe is not taking all the factors into consideration. 

You really think people are going to keep a safe distance at all times. 

Scotland score and everyone will just applaud politely and raise a glass in celebration😂

Fan zone is open for all games. Definitely a higher risk during Scotland matches but only a small Section of the fanzine is licensed. People will be watching in beer gardens and pubs all over the country

Smoked-Glass
5 hours ago, been here before said:

The renewal period ends on 15th July so I imagine sometime after that for new purchases. Theres also usually a period of time for existing ST holders to move seats which has still tbc.

Ah ok. Thought something happened after the 10th June. 

been here before
22 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ah ok. Thought something happened after the 10th June. 

Dont take that as gospel. Its just the dates the club have given out. 

Id imagine though that current ST holdwrs who have or will renew will have a few days to swap their seats before the remainder are made available.

Could be wrong mind...

13 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So roughly 1 in 3 ST holders in each game. Fingers crossed that increases as younger groups get vaccines. Could end up that kids getting in could be the biggest risk if they remain unvaccinated.

What risk are kids to you if you're vaccinated? 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

What risk are kids to you if you're vaccinated? 

You do know vaccinated people are stilll being admitted to hospital? 

My point is its another issue that must be dealt with. No point in proving vaccination etc for entry for fans if kids who are now the main spreaders of the virus are coming in to grounds spreading their dirty germs around.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold