Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

frankblack
6 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Sorry if this has been covered already but I’m so confused with the whole thing. I paid full whack for my platinum season ticket last year and never used Hearts TV or took any vouchers so does my ticket carry over to this year? Fully intending to obviously pay money towards the club but times are so tough at the moment so could do without another full season ticket payment right now?

I think you had the Partick friendly free on the service and possibly the first league match against Dundee then had to notify the club if you were wanting to roll your season ticket over.  I think there was an email sent out plus messages on the Hearts website.

If you didn't do that and didn't use the service you have probably missed the chance to roll the season ticket forward to next season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

pennyjambo22
33 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Should scrap any carry over. Buy a new ST full stop. 

😂😂😂😂 with AB and RN in charge😂😂😂

38 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Great, if you can afford it. 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Needs to be voluntary. Some people have had very tough lockdowns in a financial sense. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Needs to be voluntary. Some people have had very tough lockdowns in a financial sense. 

Indeed, plus they committed to it. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Indeed, plus they committed to it. 

I’m sure there will be a way to market it to encourage people to buy fresh if they wish. Loads of people won’t be bothered about games owed. 

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m sure there will be a way to market it to encourage people to buy fresh if they wish. Loads of people won’t be bothered about games owed. 

I agree. 

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Judging by this thread it looks like a total lack of interest for season tickets.

There are thousands of Hearts fans who don't even look at kickback. Most of my friends I've spoken to have every intention of renewing for next seasom myself included. I don't see the point of us owning the club but not supporting it financially. 

35 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

There are thousands of Hearts fans who don't even look at kickback. Most of my friends I've spoken to have every intention of renewing for next seasom myself included. I don't see the point of us owning the club but not supporting it financially. 

There’s lot of my mates/family also that have season tickets don’t come on kickback in fact a few that have come on have said “they just argue like big bairns”😂 I stick up for us of course 🙄

Am I right in thinking buying a season ticket for next year will give you access to all home games online regardless of what happens with Covid restrictions? If that's the case then I'll definitely buy one (I live in England so can only make a few home games each season).

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Indeed. I can afford it and I’m sure plenty others can. However there are others that can’t. I’m not sure how practical it is for the club to administer but I’d like to help out folk who can’t afford a new ST (especially if it meant a reduced allocation for H1B5 when fans are allowed back). 

been here before
26 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

Am I right in thinking buying a season ticket for next year will give you access to all home games online regardless of what happens with Covid restrictions? If that's the case then I'll definitely buy one (I live in England so can only make a few home games each season).

No one knows although I imagine if we're back to 'normal' in as much as your ST gives you physical access to games then I doubt you'd also have the option of watching it streamed on Hearts telly.

Has that ever been the case?

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

No one knows although I imagine if we're back to 'normal' in as much as your ST gives you physical access to games then I doubt you'd also have the option of watching it streamed on Hearts telly.

Has that ever been the case?

No, it's never been the case (certainly not for UK fans at least).

I was only going by this article: https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629 although it's not 100% clear how it wiill work.

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, Stanley_ said:

Likewise here!

Bizarrely I’ve seen Hearts more times this season than I have for many years, albeit not live! My ST this year has been the best value for money that I’ve had for decades! 
What you are asking is something I’ve asked previously because I’m sure the SPFL announced that.

If it’s correct I can see ST sales increasing significantly with people like us buying / continuing to buy them!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Likewise here!

Bizarrely I’ve seen Hearts more times this season than I have for many years, albeit not live! My ST this year has been the best value for money that I’ve had for decades! 
What you are asking is something I’ve asked previously because I’m sure the SPFL announced that.

If it’s correct I can see ST sales increasing significantly with people like us buying / continuing to buy them!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Until you can get full stadia I would think they will try to continue with streams being available in the UK. How long the tv rights holders allow it is another matter. 

Jambo-Fox
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Until you can get full stadia I would think they will try to continue with streams being available in the UK. How long the tv rights holders allow it is another matter. 

It’s an interesting approach because you could get clubs selling STs above their ground capacity ie with no seat guarantee! 
Even Hearts could sell say a new category A++ ST which allowed entry to all games except the hoboes & old squirm but with TV access to them which might be attractive to many!

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Likewise here!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

I've only been in London for 4.5 years but, yes, I watched far more matches this season than I have since leaving Edinburgh! 

I had a season ticket for years in Edinburgh but too difficult to make enough matches to really justify having one from London but would 100% buy one if able to watch online.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Likewise here!

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yep. Haven't  missed minute.😇 or maybe😈.

bigdavemaddog
2 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

you can count me in if thats the case. i live in England but at some point ill need a big operation which will sideline me for a longtime and that would be useful if im hospitalised.

1 hour ago, bigdavemaddog said:

wonder if there will be a catagory B season ticket?

If they’re offering hearts tv on with the deal I’d think that would be a mistake. A lot of the category A games will be on sky sports anyway. 

18 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

This in spades.

Those who decide not to renew (for negative reasons) will be among the first to complain about the quality of our signings

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If they’re offering hearts tv on with the deal I’d think that would be a mistake. A lot of the category A games will be on sky sports anyway. 

What about people who don't have Sky TV ? 

Does that mean they don't get to see the game at all ? 🤔 

Heartsofgold

I spoke to the season ticket office on Friday to make the long over due 2nd payment for last seasons tickets.

The woman I spoke to could not confirm any details about the coming year but she did say that they were expecting to make an announcement in 'the next few days'.  

jimbojambo
16 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

I spoke to the season ticket office on Friday to make the long over due 2nd payment for last seasons tickets.

The woman I spoke to could not confirm any details about the coming year but she did say that they were expecting to make an announcement in 'the next few days'.  

Did the ticket office contact you about payment as I am still waiting to hear from them? Thanks 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

What about people who don't have Sky TV ? 

Does that mean they don't get to see the game at all ? 🤔 

That’s not what I meant, I wasn’t very clear. If cat b season tickets are offered and most of us end up watching on hearts tv, rather than on the ground then chances are the cat a games will be on sky. So everyone would be as well buying cat b tickets and either watching cat a games at home or in the pub. Assuming we aren’t in the ground. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Judging by this thread it looks like a total lack of interest for season tickets.

Or a lack of interest discussing them until the come out. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

This in spades.

Those who decide not to renew (for negative reasons) will be among the first to complain about the quality of our signings

The irony will be missed by most of them. 

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

This in spades.

I've been through the great day's and the really bad day's, however it's always been our club although we didn't own it then. The club will always outlive owners, coaches and unfortunately us.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I’d rather be younger and paying full price than the decrepit old concession-receiving git I am now.

You don’t get that choice though. 😄

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

Did the ticket office contact you about payment as I am still waiting to hear from them? Thanks 

They did mate.  They sent me an email and set up a time to call me.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I should say though I emailed them last month about it.  They only returned to the office on Friday I believe,

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Unfortunately correct. Just as I didn’t get to choose which of my parents’ elderly health issues genetics would ensure I inherited!

Indeed. 

I'm absolutely torn. I've had a season ticket for years, I'm looking forward to normal Saturdays - the pre and post match pint, watching a game in among mates and those people round you that you just get to know - but I'm finding it difficult to square giving those running the club £350-£400 when they've shown utter contempt for the product on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I'm absolutely torn. I've had a season ticket for years, I'm looking forward to normal Saturdays - the pre and post match pint, watching a game in among mates and those people round you that you just get to know - but I'm finding it difficult to square giving those running the club £350-£400 when they've shown utter contempt for the product on the pitch.

I understand. I’m renewing but I think a lot of folk could be swayed by some good signings. There’s bound to be a limit to how much robbie can **** it up with better players. 

lost in space
18 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Yes - difficult.

I had decided that I was not going to get a ST after having one for many years - but was going to continue with my FoH donations.

Then I thought "that is daft" - why pay and not be able to attend (if I chose to).

So I cancelled FoH and will get ST - although may not attend.

We are in a ridiculous situation.

33 minutes ago, blairdin said:

You should be able to get concessions for games not covered last season. 

Should knock a few quid of the price imo. 

I have to say though if we were judging our decision whether to buy a ST on a value for money basis there would be an empty stadium. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

I’d rather be younger and paying full price than the decrepit old concession-receiving git I am now.

I'd like to be paying the same price as I did back when I got my first concession season ticket book too many years ago. I still remember an old chap giving me my wee book in a wee office within the main stand. A simple piece of stationery with tickets similar to cloakroom tickets to be detatched as required throughout the season.

Took me about 4 hours for the return trip from home but I remember feeling great to have it in my possession.

henryheart
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I'd like to be paying the same price as I did back when I got my first concession season ticket book too many years ago. I still remember an old chap giving me my wee book in a wee office within the main stand. A simple piece of stationery with tickets similar to cloakroom tickets to be detatched as required throughout the season.

Took me about 4 hours for the return trip from home but I remember feeling great to have it in my possession.

I remember this well, although he did move across to the old police station in the early seventies. Unlike yourself for me it was a walk to Tynecastle during my school holidays to hand over my £2 2 shillings and six pence as the old guy wrote on the piece of paper that he ripped out of a carbon copy book before sticking it to the inside of the back cover of my 1969-70 book. That season I was ticket number 103, so I must have been late in getting it. My earliest number was 13.  

davemclaren
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I remember this well, although he did move across to the old police station in the early seventies. Unlike yourself for me it was a walk to Tynecastle during my school holidays to hand over my £2 2 shillings and six pence as the old guy wrote on the piece of paper that he ripped out of a carbon copy book before sticking it to the inside of the back cover of my 1969-70 book. That season I was ticket number 103, so I must have been late in getting it. My earliest number was 13.  

Season ticket weren’t my really all that popular until all seated stadiums arrived. 

henryheart
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Season ticket weren’t my really all that popular until all seated stadiums arrived. 

That's right, and I could never quite understand why. In those days your ticket got you into every home match, including all cup games and friendlies as well as the reserves and third team games that were always played at Tynecastle. If you went to all the home games, as I tended to, then a season ticket was a real bargain plus you were almost always certain to get a ticket for England v Scotland and Wembley tickets were like gold dust. 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, henryheart said:

That's right, and I could never quite understand why. In those days your ticket got you into every home match, including all cup games and friendlies as well as the reserves and third team games that were always played at Tynecastle. If you went to all the home games, as I tended to, then a season ticket was a real bargain plus you were almost always certain to get a ticket for England v Scotland and Wembley tickets were like gold dust. 

Football was relatively cheap to go to then and crowds varied from 30odd thousand for old firm and Hibs games to well under 10,000 for the lesser clubs. Folks tended to pick and choose their games more then I suppose. 

SectionDJambo
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Football was relatively cheap to go to then and crowds varied from 30odd thousand for old firm and Hibs games to well under 10,000 for the lesser clubs. Folks tended to pick and choose their games more then I suppose. 

You’re right that the football was cheap but it felt good to have a season ticket. As cheap as football was, to me, before working and then getting paid apprentice wages, the saving on entrance money was great. Not only did you get entry to all the cup ties etc., the ticket was cheaper than the admission for all the, then, 17 home league games. There was usually a separate gate for season tickets too, which could save on queuing time for big games.

As you said, since the ground became all seated it’s become more necessary to have one to ensure being next to your mates or in a good position to watch the games.

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You’re right that the football was cheap but it felt good to have a season ticket. As cheap as football was, to me, before working and then getting paid apprentice wages, the saving on entrance money was great. Not only did you get entry to all the cup ties etc., the ticket was cheaper than the admission for all the, then, 17 home league games. There was usually a separate gate for season tickets too, which could save on queuing time for big games.

As you said, since the ground became all seated it’s become more necessary to have one to ensure being next to your mates or in a good position to watch the games.

I only got my first season ticket about 1981 when Wallace Mercer put a half season on sale at xmas ( they were desperate for the cash, as usual ). Prior to that I just paid at the gate. 

13 hours ago, luckydug said:

You should be able to get concessions for games not covered last season. 

Should knock a few quid of the price imo. 

I have to say though if we were judging our decision whether to buy a ST on a value for money basis there would be an empty stadium. 

I don't expect value for money as such. I'm a Hearts fans, my expectations of seeing us win stuff are relatively low.

All I want to see is a team that has its own style and philosophy, tries, more often than not, to play positive entertaining football, gives a decent chance to our youth players to establish themselves and not spunk vast amounts of money bringing in mediocre players and journeymen at the expense of our academy.

2 hours ago, blairdin said:

I don't expect value for money as such. I'm a Hearts fans, my expectations of seeing us win stuff are relatively low.

All I want to see is a team that has its own style and philosophy, tries, more often than not, to play positive entertaining football, gives a decent chance to our youth players to establish themselves and not spunk vast amounts of money bringing in mediocre players and journeymen at the expense of our academy.

Well said Blair, totally agree. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold