Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

Footballfirst

Capacity limits over the next couple of months.

Current guidance permits spectators at matches in line with the capacity levels below from 17th May:

Level 2 Level 1 Level 0
Outdoor seated 500 1000 2000
Outdoor standing 250 500 1000

No approval is required for capacities up to the above numbers. Applications can be made for increased capacity figures as below:

2000 – 5000 Application made via Local Authority
5000 plus Application made via Scottish Government

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

Saint Jambo
44 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Sales will be lower than normal due to fans losing their jobs. That's a fact.

I'm not sure this is a fact. There will definitely be some fans that have lost jobs or taken a real hit to income over the last year. It is really sad that these fans may have to make the tough decision to give up their season ticket.

But there is also evidence that a lot of people who haven't lost their jobs actually have more disposable income because they haven't been able to spend in the normal way over the past year. Add to that the prospect that lots of people won't be taking foreign holidays at about the time they will be considering buying a season ticket. Evidence from other live entertainment bookings in the UK and elsewhere is that where people are confident they are going to be allowed to return, sales are as high or higher than pre-pandemic. For football clubs it is definitely possible that the additional sales to people who are buying for the first time or after a gap will more than make up for those not renewing due to financial considerations.

The biggest challenge for football in general looks like being convincing people that they will be allowed into stadiums.

iwasthere1954
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'm not sure this is a fact. There will definitely be some fans that have lost jobs or taken a real hit to income over the last year. It is really sad that these fans may have to make the tough decision to give up their season ticket.

But there is also evidence that a lot of people who haven't lost their jobs actually have more disposable income because they haven't been able to spend in the normal way over the past year. Add to that the prospect that lots of people won't be taking foreign holidays at about the time they will be considering buying a season ticket. Evidence from other live entertainment bookings in the UK and elsewhere is that where people are confident they are going to be allowed to return, sales are as high or higher than pre-pandemic. For football clubs it is definitely possible that the additional sales to people who are buying for the first time or after a gap will more than make up for those not renewing due to financial considerations.

The biggest challenge for football in general looks like being convincing people that they will be allowed into stadiums.

That's a very good point. Hopefully it turns out like that.

Saint Jambo
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Current guidance permits spectators at matches in line with the capacity levels below from 17th May:

Level 2 Level 1 Level 0

No approval is required for capacities up to the above numbers. Applications can be made for increased capacity figures as below:

We are due to enter level 0 in late June. Scottish Government have talked about moving beyond level 0 in July. By that time there should be evidence from England of whether larger crowds in stadiums is having an impact. There will also have been the 15k crowds in Hampden for the Euros. By the end of July every adult should have been offered the first dose of the vaccine. By the end of October every adult should have been offered the second dose of the vaccine. Festivals are looking 

I think it is credible that we will have unrestricted numbers in stadiums in Scotland sometime in August. Once the population has been vaccinated, there isn't much logic that I can see to the idea that we will have to slowly step up numbers in incremental movements. Festival planners seem to believe this too, with many planning events for August/ September.

Tynecastlesmychurch

I’m really going to struggle to renew again this season. Got made redundant not that long ago. If I can I definitely will. But it’s going to be really tough.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I’m really going to struggle to renew again this season. Got made redundant not that long ago. If I can I definitely will. But it’s going to be really tough.

I’m sure there will be a few struggling through losing their Job. Hope things pick up for you. 

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. A free blow job in the East Stand lavvy...

Oops 

Don’t knock it ‘til you've tried it.  :biggrin:

henryheart
4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

We are due to enter level 0 in late June. Scottish Government have talked about moving beyond level 0 in July. By that time there should be evidence from England of whether larger crowds in stadiums is having an impact. There will also have been the 15k crowds in Hampden for the Euros. By the end of July every adult should have been offered the first dose of the vaccine. By the end of October every adult should have been offered the second dose of the vaccine. Festivals are looking 

I think it is credible that we will have unrestricted numbers in stadiums in Scotland sometime in August. Once the population has been vaccinated, there isn't much logic that I can see to the idea that we will have to slowly step up numbers in incremental movements. Festival planners seem to believe this too, with many planning events for August/ September.

I agree with your logic, but the dentist has suggested that away fans may not be allowed at the start of the season, or if they are it will be in restricted numbers. Given that all of us can travel freely anywhere in the UK what is the logic in what he is saying? I renewed last season, but not sure about this year because I have no faith that we will all be allowed in.    

Tynecastlesmychurch
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure there will be a few struggling through losing their Job. Hope things pick up for you. 

Thanks buddy! 

Tynecastlesmychurch
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn around for you soon. 

Thanks buddy!

wattie exploited

am sure we will get a good turnout of ST,s but some people will get not get one due to money problems or the fact we will not get in to the stadium anytime soon and if so it will be in limited numbers ,Plus the fact some people don't want Robbie still as manager which I think is quite sad as we should give him at least the first round of games to prove he is up to the job .

But hearts fans always in the end get behind the team which is what is needed  move than ever right now :rifle:

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, henryheart said:

I agree with your logic, but the dentist has suggested that away fans may not be allowed at the start of the season, or if they are it will be in restricted numbers. Given that all of us can travel freely anywhere in the UK what is the logic in what he is saying? I renewed last season, but not sure about this year because I have no faith that we will all be allowed in.    

I think if it is restricted numbers then clubs will want to give those limited spaces to their own fans rather than away supporters.

Not sure how the likes of Hamilton, Killie, etc will do that if they have a home game v one of the arse-cheeks, given that they hand over most of the ground to them anyway

Leveins Battalion

If they want get selling season tickets they better have some top signings lined up or i am going to watch Dalkeith Thistle.:robboyas:

frankblack
18 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think if it is restricted numbers then clubs will want to give those limited spaces to their own fans rather than away supporters.

Not sure how the likes of Hamilton, Killie, etc will do that if they have a home game v one of the arse-cheeks, given that they hand over most of the ground to them anyway

I'd imagine those clubs would give their own fans tickets away and charge double.

Jambof3tornado

Email from ticket office this morning to pay for 2nd half of last seasons ticket as they are back in the office from friday.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Email from ticket office this morning to pay for 2nd half of last seasons ticket as they are back in the office from friday.

i suppose you were expecting that, 😕still not great news.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Maybe this is why season tickets not launched until staff are back in offices and off furlough 

Francis Albert
On 04/05/2021 at 12:07, Footballfirst said:

Level 2 Level 1 Level 0

Shouldn't there be some relationship.to the capacity of the venue? And could the Government not devolve the decision  on greater numbers to local authorities? 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Shouldn't there be some relationship.to the capacity of the venue? And could the Government not devolve the decision  on greater numbers to local authorities? 

That's what the SG has done for attendances up to 5,000.  Beyond that, they want to make the decision themselves.

I'd hope that each application is judged on its merits, but each club will need to detail how it will accommodate larger numbers while mitigating risks, e.g access/egress, distancing etc.

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That's what the SG has done for attendances up to 5,000.  Beyond that, they want to make the decision themselves.

I'd hope that each application is judged on its merits, but each club will need to detail how it will accommodate larger numbers while mitigating risks, e.g access/egress, distancing etc.

Sorry maybe I misread. The SG rules on numbers you quoted did not seem to be related to capacity but just to size of attendance. 5000 in a 5000 capacity stadium is surely different from 5000 in a 50000 capacity stadium.

Edited by Francis Albert

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry maybe I misread. The SG rules on numbers you quoted did not seem to be related to capacity but just to size of attendance.

Obviously, if it is a tiny non league ground, they may have difficulty accommodating 1,000. However, for Hearts I'd expect then to be looking for 50% initially (10k), although they may be asked by the SG to start with 25% or 30%.

Things may look quite a bit different in two months time. Two months ago, Scotland was clocking up more than  500 cases a day. We are averaging around 150 now. 

15 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Difficult to catch this virus outside.  Stadium is outside 

Great...if no one goes for a piss !

Smoked-Glass
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Great...if no one goes for a piss !

Yea the toilets will be reduced capacity and people are now going to have to start washing their hands after going for a pee. 

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Yea the toilets will be reduced capacity and people are now going to have to start washing their hands after going for a pee. 

About time !

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Also there is a ban on po po's

Stop talking shite.

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

When we were at level 2, you had to be seated in pubs and had to put your hand up for a staff member to come and attend to you, even if what you wanted was a piss.  😂

I'm a shy type and stayed away till we got to level 1.

12 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Trouble is people drink beer... 

Back to pissing against a wall !

I miss the 70’s !

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Back to pissing against a wall !

I miss the 70’s !

The good old days. 

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

i suppose you were expecting that, 😕still not great news.

Been trying to pay for weeks now. No news on next season,genuinely dont think anyone has a clue when and how we will get back into grounds.

Pasquale for King
On 04/05/2021 at 15:05, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. A free blow job in the East Stand lavvy...

Oops 

Sucks to be a Hibby 😜

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Difficult to catch this virus outside.  Stadium is outside 

Yeah its not like people will be shouting or anything, maybe listen to the expert advice 👍🏽

Saint Jambo
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry maybe I misread. The SG rules on numbers you quoted did not seem to be related to capacity but just to size of attendance. 5000 in a 5000 capacity stadium is surely different from 5000 in a 50000 capacity stadium.

For applications to LA/SG for events to be allowed over 2,000 spectators they will consider various factors including the normal capacity of the venue and the percentage capacity the organiser is requesting. This is the basis on which 15k are being allowed into Hampden for the Euros games.

Even for events below the normal maximum number of spectators listed it isn't as simple as just going ahead as normal. There is a whole set of guidelines that event organisers are required to abide by. For a small capacity venue it may not be possible to run at 100% capacity while complying with the guidelines.

The hope has to be that everything remains on track and when we move into "beyond level 0" in July, that we see a big step back to normal which removes spectator caps on events.

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah its not like people will be shouting or anything, maybe listen to the expert advice 👍🏽

Still more difficult than if it were in a cafe though. 

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Any visit to a supermarket toilet hasnt born that out as far as ive seen in last few months.

willie wallace

Are we still owed the 4 games from the previous season or was that deducted from this seasons price?

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Are we still owed the 4 games from the previous season or was that deducted from this seasons price?

That was already accounted for in this season iirc. 

Bazzas right boot
On 04/05/2021 at 12:07, Footballfirst said:

Level 2 Level 1 Level 0

That makes little sense. 

For example 2000 folk at City Park would be very crowded but 2000 at parkhead not so much. 

I thought it would be more to do with the available space rather than actual numbers and the ability to social distance-5k at Tynecastle would mean the same as around 15k at parkhead as it is all relative to the available space. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

****ing bull shit. 

Snowflakes everywhere. 

Washing hands, what next? Will you be made to use toilet paper as well, fascists! 

willie wallace
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was already accounted for in this season iirc. 

Cheers Dave.I

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

****ing bull shit. 

Snowflakes everywhere. 

Washing hands, what next? Will you be made to use toilet paper as well, fascists! 

I always wash my hands mind you, cold water and no soap, lol☹️

been here before
1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

That went toward this years ticket however something sticks in my mind we're due 'credit' for not getting a full compliment of home games this season as what we got was less than the "18 game guarantee". 

How many home games did we get? 16?

Could be talking pish though.

Edited by been here before

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, been here before said:

That went toward this years ticket however something sticks in my mind we're due 'credit' for not getting a full compliment of home games this season as what we got was less than the "18 game guarantee". 

How many home games did we get? 16?

Could be talking pish though.

14 home games, so we are due 4.

been here before
14 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

14 home games, so we are due 4.

Im not sure but werent the LC games included which would make 16.

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im not sure but werent the LC games included which would make 16.

I doubt it, as we would have had to pay 50% of any revenue to the away team.

David McCaig
Just now, David McCaig said:

I doubt it, as we would have had to pay 50% of any revenue to the away team.

and both games were live on tv

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold