Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf to the people being negative and I’m frequently one of them. We are the third to fourth best financed side in the country and have been completely shite for years. Being positive can look borderline idiotic at times tbh. 

Negativity is a tendency to be downbeat, disagreeable, and skeptical. It's a pessimistic attitude that always expects the worst. Negative outcomes are bad outcomes, like losing a game, getting a disease, suffering an injury, or getting something stolen

Recognise anybody?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

8 hours ago, Nobreath said:

...as can being negative during close season when everybody knows that Robbie is safe in his job for the foreseeable.

All very tiresome and pointless.

So be positive because a manager most people know isn’t good enough is staying regardless? Like I said, being happy for the sake of it is borderline idiotic. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Negativity is a tendency to be downbeat, disagreeable, and skeptical. It's a pessimistic attitude that always expects the worst. Negative outcomes are bad outcomes, like losing a game, getting a disease, suffering an injury, or getting something stolen

Recognise anybody?

I’m sure you have a point but after using the word dissenters earlier I’m not sure I’m that interested in whatever it was.  

crunchy frog
7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

PHM status returned, renewed mine and juniors tickets just now. Think because we still had £150 to pay from last seasons ticket(bought in 2 halfs), the TO managed to add that on to the phase 2 price!! Bonus!

I wandered into TO yesterday to check how much I gotta pay, never used any streaming etc last season but forgot to opt out, 315 now and 245 after the full price threshold I think she said. No bad

On 02/06/2021 at 00:17, Perth to Paisley said:

Probably been asked before but..

Is there any benefit to the club in not paying the full price for a ST but paying the same amount split over ST and FoH donation? 

You obviously get FoH points for a donation.

Could it be the case that if you take up the cheap offer, the club will be able to claim the difference as a loss, thus reducing tax liability? Then there's VAT: The club would obviously have to pay HMRC less from the cheaper price, and none from a FoH donation. I might be spouting utter crap, but if I'm not, taking up the offer would seem to be better for the club. :) 

15 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Good to know. Means more chance of Hearts supporters (you know people that support the club not individuals) getting to watch the team if there is a reduced capacity 

🥰PHM, think I might be in love 🥰

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Could it be the case that if you take up the cheap offer, the club will be able to claim the difference as a loss, thus reducing tax liability? Then there's VAT: The club would obviously have to pay HMRC less from the cheaper price, and none from a FoH donation. I might be spouting utter crap, but if I'm not, taking up the offer would seem to be better for the club. :) 

£400 for ticket = £333.33 to club and £66.67 to Westminster

£200 donation to FoH and £200 (£166.67 net) to the club.

£366.67 - £333.33 = £33.33 club better off.

Guess they couldn't suggest that option 🙄 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

£400 for ticket = £333.33 to club and £66.67 to Westminster

£200 donation to FoH and £200 (£166.67 net) to the club.

£366.67 - £333.33 = £33.33 club better off.

Guess they couldn't suggest that option 🙄 

Suggesting that could be seen as a form of aggressive tax avoidance. 

Perth to Paisley
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

As a club and FoH they can't and shouldn't;  but .... in the meantime I'm going to use the money in my tax free ISA to pay for it 😉

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

As a club and FoH they can't and shouldn't;  but .... in the meantime I'm going to use the money in my tax free ISA to pay for it 😉

😄

Bob Loblaw

Sorry if this has already been asked, but the thread is big and I don't want to spend half an hour trawling through it.  The full price ST deadline is June 10, after that it's the period for reduced price renewals.  I assume the option to pay full price if you would rather is still there after the 10th?  I want to pay full price, but won't be in a position to until the end of June.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

I wandered into TO yesterday to check how much I gotta pay, never used any streaming etc last season but forgot to opt out, 315 now and 245 after the full price threshold I think she said. No bad

Think coz we still had the balance to pay and I said we'd wait til phase 2 the TO were quite happy to setup the online price to phase 2 price so quite happy with it. Just want back bloody in.

Saint Jambo
45 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but the thread is big and I don't want to spend half an hour trawling through it.  The full price ST deadline is June 10, after that it's the period for reduced price renewals.  I assume the option to pay full price if you would rather is still there after the 10th?  I want to pay full price, but won't be in a position to until the end of June.

It's not 100% clear, but seems likely.

The approach of having this window for full price only seems pretty sensible. Once people have decided to pay full-price, giving them the option of a ~£200 discount at the checkout is bound to be tempting for some. To encourage as many of those people as possible to renew at full price, it makes sense to imply that will only be possible for the first two weeks. But then when it opens up to discounted tickets the reverse becomes true. It is sensible to give those people the opportunity at checkout the opportunity to make a last-minute benevolent decision to pay full price. Equally, for people that wanted to pay full price but missed the first deadline, why would you stop them.

Of course, if I'm wrong and you can only pay the discount rate, as others have said you could make a one-off donation to FOH to make up the difference.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's not 100% clear, but seems likely.

The approach of having this window for full price only seems pretty sensible. Once people have decided to pay full-price, giving them the option of a ~£200 discount at the checkout is bound to be tempting for some. To encourage as many of those people as possible to renew at full price, it makes sense to imply that will only be possible for the first two weeks. But then when it opens up to discounted tickets the reverse becomes true. It is sensible to give those people the opportunity at checkout the opportunity to make a last-minute benevolent decision to pay full price. Equally, for people that wanted to pay full price but missed the first deadline, why would you stop them.

Of course, if I'm wrong and you can only pay the discount rate, as others have said you could make a one-off donation to FOH to make up the difference.

It would seem a mad business model not to let people pay full price if they wanted to. 

Independence
17 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It's the most negative fans forum i've ever looked at. In trying to be open it allows people to drag it down. It's unreadable most of the time and most i know stay away because of that.

Spot on!

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I haven’t read every post but I guess Hearts would prefer cash rather that pay by card.

I doubt it matters these days. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I haven’t read every post but I guess Hearts would prefer cash rather that pay by card.

That used to be the case but with Covid I doubt that’s a priority any more. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Dunno. 

Donate at least £350 to the FoH, get a free ticket to a Hearts game x19. 

🤔

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I wouldn't have let Robbie Neilson on the bus after the Brora game. But i'm bored with every thread descending into a conversation about him. It's football, sometimes it would be nice to read about football and have a bit of a laugh. That used to happen, not any more though and most people are sick of it.

It's a good forum, but some folk are very boring and negative and as you try to invade every thread. 

If you put the really tiresome and aggressive types on ignore in general you get decent football chat and patter mixed in with reasonable debate that can be interesting and funny. 

adambraejambo
5 hours ago, GYL said:

So how are sales going......I seen the 1000 sold on day 1 but not seen any more updates?

2000+ sold now.  On website. 

5 hours ago, GYL said:

So how are sales going......I seen the 1000 sold on day 1 but not seen any more updates?

Surely we'll get regular updates!!!

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That used to be the case but with Covid I doubt that’s a priority any more. 

Thanks

Whitburn Hearts

I see the sheep are claiming to have sold 4800+ season tickets. Don't know the deals offered etc .

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Whitburn Hearts said:

I see the sheep are claiming to have sold 4800+ season tickets. Don't know the deals offered etc .

They’ve been on sale a longer than ours. 

On 02/06/2021 at 18:36, Jambof3tornado said:

Lol! Happens to the best of us!!

And me!  Happy days.

On 02/06/2021 at 19:01, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It's the most negative fans forum i've ever looked at. In trying to be open it allows people to drag it down. It's unreadable most of the time and most i know stay away because of that.

Sadly very true re current status of forum.  Didn’t used to be that way but has gone downhill remarkably in last two to three years. Very close to not bothering anymore. 

23 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Recognise anybody?

How many names do you want ?  

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sadly very true re current status of forum.  Didn’t used to be that way but has gone downhill remarkably in last two to three years. Very close to not bothering anymore. 

Just reflects the downward spiral we've been on over the same period of time. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many names do you want ?  

As many as you want to share!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

We still getting all games on hearts TV again this season? Thought I saw the announcement that the streaming was continued but can't remember if it's being given to season ticket holders again?

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They’ve been on sale a longer than ours. 

Cabbages are claiming 9,000 sold.  To be precise, one brussel sprout is claiming that on .net.  Could be garbage but they have been on sale for ages.

Fxxx the SPFL

will be in the shop this weekend to renew mines and the wife's probably have a drink or three at the bar as well. 

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Cabbages are claiming 9,000 sold.  To be precise, one brussel sprout is claiming that on .net.  Could be garbage but they have been on sale for ages.

Yeah saw this the other day on Twitter. Been on sale for weeks now

SectionDJambo
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Maybe they thought they would get a cup final ticket again.😊

been here before
19 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Maybe they thought they would get a cup final ticket again.😊

More likely 7500 adults bought u16s to fleece their own club, 1000 free ones to schools to boost the numbers and 500 paying full price.

40 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Don’t think ours will take a big jump until the 12th of June renewals open up. 

Agree. Everyone I know, including myself are waiting till phase 2. 

On 01/06/2021 at 10:17, 7PNJ4 said:

How do you choose option 2? I just get taken through to the checkout and it says 360 still?

This option isn’t available until this weekend. 

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah saw this the other day on Twitter. Been on sale for weeks now

my neighbour said 6000

The Treasurer

Just back from the TO renewing my ST for the 52nd year in a row. 

Also collected my "other half" cardboard cut out. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just back from the TO renewing my ST for the 52nd year in a row. 

Also collected my "other half" cardboard cut out. 

If you miss a match you can send that along instead. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If you miss a match you can send that along instead. 

Looks in much better nick than I do ☹️

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold