Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I wont. 

It’s all guess work at the moment unfortunately. I’m dying to get to attend a match again. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

Pans Jambo
Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s all guess work at the moment unfortunately. I’m dying to get to attend a match again. 

I am too. If I miss the ST deadline then I will just have to buy match day tickets. Either way the club gets my cash (unless theres no entry to Tynecastle, then it doesnt).

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

I am too. If I miss the ST deadline then I will just have to buy match day tickets. Either way the club gets my cash (unless theres no entry to Tynecastle, then it doesnt).

Everyone has a choice. I’ll buy mine regardless because I’ve planned for it and ( luckily ) can afford to. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everyone has a choice. I’ll buy mine regardless because I’ve planned for it and ( luckily ) can afford to. 

PHM.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

PHM.

Nah, just had a season ticket for about 40 years so it’s a habit. 

I know you must all be sick to the back teeth of this virus but surely these vaccinations will do the trick and we'll be back to normal crowds in August.

Our Board might have to pull a few tricks out of the hat though to boost sales though.

Jambof3tornado

Unless its my bum on my seat in the ground I wont fork out full price for a stream on my pc.

Its hard to imagine getting to that point right now to be honest. Permissable numbers even a level 0 seem way off the mark.

frankblack
40 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Unless its my bum on my seat in the ground I wont fork out full price for a stream on my pc.

Its hard to imagine getting to that point right now to be honest. Permissable numbers even a level 0 seem way off the mark.

The best we are looking at is reduced capacity crowds with a a ballot or rota system for season ticket holders.  Walk-ups are screwed.

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The best we are looking at is reduced capacity crowds with a a ballot or rota system for season ticket holders.  Walk-ups are screwed.

The whole ballot thing has huge issues too. I'm not going to games unless junior goes too, so the club will have to deal with this.i agree walk ups are ****ed. Lft tests before games??? Lots of issues that we have heard little about regards the way forward.

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know you must all be sick to the back teeth of this virus but surely these vaccinations will do the trick and we'll be back to normal crowds in August.

Our Board might have to pull a few tricks out of the hat though to boost sales though.

Can’t see where that optimism is coming from, sorry. Going into June in a couple of weeks with certain areas looking dodgy as in case numbers.

Capacity crowds at football are a long way off IMO. Maybe even next year.

Edited by Boab

36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yip.

It’s a way to ensure sales for sure. Problem is, as has been mentioned, people will look hard at buying for them and their kids with no guarantee they will succeed in any ballot. A rota throws up the same uncertainties.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The whole ballot thing has huge issues too. I'm not going to games unless junior goes too, so the club will have to deal with this.i agree walk ups are ****ed. Lft tests before games??? Lots of issues that we have heard little about regards the way forward.

Should be possible for the club to use the linked accounts on etickets for this purpose?

12 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

If there is reduced capacity cash tickets may not be sold. 

My opinion is the club should prioritise entry to ST holders. 

They should look after the most loyal supporters first so no ST =no entry. 

Non ST holders can watch the TV stream. 

49 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If there is reduced capacity cash tickets may not be sold. 

My opinion is the club should prioritise entry to ST holders. 

They should look after the most loyal supporters first so no ST =no entry. 

Non ST holders can watch the TV stream. 

would be fairer if fans who dont have a season ticket but have a decent history of buying matchday tickets were also give a chance to attend

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

would be fairer if fans who dont have a season ticket but have a decent history of buying matchday tickets were also give a chance to attend

I imagine that they will want to incentivise the sale of season tickets to maximise the club’s income for the season so can’t see that happening until crowds above our season ticket sales are allowed. Rightly so imo. 

Platinum should get first dibs as well. 😂

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine that they will want to incentivise the sale of season tickets to maximise the club’s income for the season so can’t see that happening until crowds above our season ticket sales are allowed. Rightly so imo. 

Platinum should get first dibs as well. 😂

It’s an open goal in a marketing sense.

Want to attend ? 
Buy a ST.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Boab said:

It’s an open goal in a marketing sense.

Want to attend ? 
Buy a ST.

Yip. 

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Me too

Really want to have a pint and toddle along to the game and complain afterwards though

frankblack
5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Me too

Really want to have a pint and toddle along to the game and complain afterwards though

Snap.  Miss the banter before the games.

I still think we are some way off.  I expect England to back-peddle on their return to normal plans.

SectionDJambo

I can see a ban on away fans for a while, which will help Hearts cater for as many of us as is possible. Only problem will be pricing as they can't fill premium areas up as before. We'll all be glad to be back but won't fancy paying platinum prices for being behind the goal or near the front, out in the rain.

I can understand why Hearts are delaying sales. The more information they have about restrictions, the better they can plan. The trouble is that Hearts, like all the clubs, need money in to know their budget.

heartsfc_fan

Best case is we are allowed 50% capacity by August so we should able to cater for most season ticket holders, not all, (9.5k-10k) and no away fans.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

I’m an optimist. 
0 deaths, 64 people in hospital and 3 people in intensive care in Scotland are the figures I think are most relevant. (Not any worse than the Rangers celebrations). 
All concerned about defences against the Indian variant but latest coming out is the vaccines offer some protection against this. 
Full house next season on the cards. 

Leveins Battalion

In regards to acts of goodwill over season tickets from Ann Budges Hearts......wouldn't bet on that bunch doing fans any favours.

They just refused an 11 year old kid his 10% discount in the club shop from his xmas vouchers as the season is over 🙈

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Best case is we are allowed 50% capacity by August so we should able to cater for most season ticket holders, not all, (9.5k-10k) and no away fans.

Regardless of what happens there is no selection method that will please everybody so expect some fiery posts. If you do it on a purely financial basis you get corporate/sponsors in first then season tickets by seat category descending with Bronze last. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

In regards to acts of goodwill over season tickets from Ann Budges Hearts......wouldn't bet on that bunch doing fans any favours.

They just refused an 11 year old kid his 10% discount in the club shop from his xmas vouchers as the season is over 🙈

Bad PR decision that by the shop staff. I imagine an email to the club will get that overturned. 

davemclaren
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Even if that is the 'rule' that is a PR mess from the club. 

They do themselves no favours with this type of thing.

We had group on vouchers for Britannia Spice from Xmas but they are not honouring them as they expired during the lockdown. Got a Groupon credit but not many deals at the moment. 

been here before

Premium / Platinum ST holders with 180+ LPs should be first in line for anything.

The lesser supporters can then vie amongst themselves for the crumbs thrown from the PHM table.

😉

Leveins Battalion
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bad PR decision that by the shop staff. I imagine an email to the club will get that overturned. 

Yep,

The story is on Social Media.

Can take a guess who in the shop done it aswell......

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yep,

Can take a guess who in the shop done it aswell......

Does the club have a policy to accept out of date vouchers, as I'm just wondering how they explain that to their superiors otherwise?

I doubt many shops on Princes Street will let you spend expired vouchers either.

been here before
6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Theres a surprise. Its the first thing folk think of these days... 'Im going to put that on Facebook/Twatter"... gies ****in peace.

Anyone started a Just Giving page yet?

I imagine they will start with really low numbers at football. Would be surprised if we are allowed more than ~2K fans in the stadium come August. 

Where it will go from there and how quickly is probably anyone’s guess. 

I think anyone buying an ST for next season should do so with the expectation that they will be watching the majority of games on a stream again. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Theres a surprise. Its the first thing folk think of these days... 'Im going to put that on Facebook/Twatter"... gies ****in peace.

Anyone started a Just Giving page yet?

Well the post alluded to acts by Ajax and Motherwell etc doing all they can to help their supporters and show appreciation where as Hearts have an 11 year old Junior Jambo who hasn't been at Tynecastle for a year and quite possibly unable to travel due to restrictions denied a 10% discount as part of his membership.

Pretty pish behaviour imo.

been here before
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Well the post alluded to acts by Ajax and Motherwell etc doing all they can to help their supporters and show appreciation where as Hearts have an 11 year old Junior Jambo who hasn't been at Tynecastle for a year and quite possibly unable to travel due to restrictions denied a 10% discount as part of his membership.

Pretty pish behaviour imo.

Aye it sounds pretty shan but see if that was me with my boys then Id ask to speak to whoever was in charge, still no luck then email/phone the club commercial dept, still mo joy then email Ann Budge.

This desperation to jump up and down and post everything immediately on Facebook or Twatter utterly escapes me.

And as to your earlier point I can also imagine exactly who it was that refused it.

Edited by been here before

henryheart
6 hours ago, Boab said:

Can’t see where that optimism is coming from, sorry. Going into June in a couple of weeks with certain areas looking dodgy as in case numbers.

At the end of the day it is the number of hospital admissions that should be the crucial figure and not the number of cases, or so we have been led to believe. If people are catching it with very little impact on hospital admissions, then clearly the number of deaths will fall and the NHS will be able to get on with what was its day job before this all started. Vaccinations have meant that the current rise in cases is having almost zero impact on the NHS (daily hospital admissions for all of Scotland are in single figures) and if the initial intent of the very first lockdown remains the driving force for restrictions, then by the season start most if not all adults will have been vaccinated.

Following the logic by the start of the season we should be able to get on with our lives and sit in our seats without any restrictions, but having said that this last year and a bit have been a massive ego boost for both politicians and 'experts'. Some will be reluctant to let go, so you may well be right, and it is this concern that makes me nervous about renewing my season ticket.  

53 minutes ago, henryheart said:

At the end of the day it is the number of hospital admissions that should be the crucial figure and not the number of cases, or so we have been led to believe. If people are catching it with very little impact on hospital admissions, then clearly the number of deaths will fall and the NHS will be able to get on with what was its day job before this all started. Vaccinations have meant that the current rise in cases is having almost zero impact on the NHS (daily hospital admissions for all of Scotland are in single figures) and if the initial intent of the very first lockdown remains the driving force for restrictions, then by the season start most if not all adults will have been vaccinated.

Following the logic by the start of the season we should be able to get on with our lives and sit in our seats without any restrictions, but having said that this last year and a bit have been a massive ego boost for both politicians and 'experts'. Some will be reluctant to let go, so you may well be right, and it is this concern that makes me nervous about renewing my season ticket.  

I hope you’re right and I’m wrong, I really am, but I think there will be another spike this summer and if there is one place where they will restrict numbers, it’s football grounds. We can argue the rights and wrongs of this but there will be a percentage capacity system put in and they’ll increase the numbers as time goes on.

Only an opinion but if people think there will be 19,500 in Tynecastle in August, I think they may be disappointed.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

This in spades!!  The entire point of lockdown/vaccines is to reduce the amount of hospitalisations and deaths, which is happening.  If the numbers remain low, like they are now, after things are opened up then there is no justification 'in the public interest' to keep mass gatherings at low numbers or suspended.  This includes football crowds.

We don't start to lock the country down for a few dozen people in hospital with flu or pneumonia for god sake.

Edited by Heartsofgold

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, Ribble said:

Should be possible for the club to use the linked accounts on etickets for this purpose?

Hopefully.

The Treasurer
19 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I can see a ban on away fans for a while, which will help Hearts cater for as many of us as is possible. Only problem will be pricing as they can't fill premium areas up as before. We'll all be glad to be back but won't fancy paying platinum prices for being behind the goal or near the front, out in the rain.

I can understand why Hearts are delaying sales. The more information they have about restrictions, the better they can plan. The trouble is that Hearts, like all the clubs, need money in to know their budget.

I think you're right about away fans, for clubs like us, but not sure the likes of Well, Killie etc will be happy about cutting off the OF revenue stream.

Fort Vallance
On 17/05/2021 at 08:28, Boab said:

I can see your point but case numbers are not really the problem. There could be 10,000 cases a day if it doesn't translate into serious illness and particularly hospitalisation. And it seems like the vaccine is taking care of that (at the moment). 200 cases a day and 3 people in ICU in the whole country would seem to bear that out. 

Harry Potter

Remember getting a 10 pound voucher from american golf for my birthday but i let

it expire, i told them this and they sent me another voucher.

2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

I can see your point but case numbers are not really the problem. There could be 10,000 cases a day if it doesn't translate into serious illness and particularly hospitalisation. And it seems like the vaccine is taking care of that (at the moment). 200 cases a day and 3 people in ICU in the whole country would seem to bear that out. 

I hear that but the latest spike in G41 and the cancellation of the Cup Final fans, limited as it was, tells me they won’t think twice to hit certain areas if cases rise, regardless of hospital numbers. Won’t affect Tynecastle of course if there’s a rise elsewhere. 
Just not confident football grounds will be a priority for politicians. When has it ever been in all honesty ?

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Boab said:

I hear that but the latest spike in G41 and the cancellation of the Cup Final fans, limited as it was, tells me they won’t think twice to hit certain areas if cases rise, regardless of hospital numbers. Won’t affect Tynecastle of course if there’s a rise elsewhere. 
Just not confident football grounds will be a priority for politicians. When has it ever been in all honesty ?

Politicians in general, and the current FM don't give a shit about football unless it's a vote winner. Bottom line is they have to start letting fans in sometime or we're all fkd. Who's to say it's going to be any better next year or the year after. 

2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Politicians in general, and the current FM don't give a shit about football unless it's a vote winner. Bottom line is they have to start letting fans in sometime or we're all fkd. Who's to say it's going to be any better next year or the year after. 

This is the long and short of it unfortunately. Same with pubs opening, it’s being treated as an inconvenience.

I understand the need for caution but we can’t react every time there’s a spike in cases. It would have been nice if both our government and the UK tried to be a bit proactive in their approach instead of a start/ stop model which has been deployed with no end game.

For me I can’t see mass crowds being back in stadiums until everyone has been vaccinated. 

Heartsofgold
22 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This is the long and short of it unfortunately. Same with pubs opening, it’s being treated as an inconvenience.

I understand the need for caution but we can’t react every time there’s a spike in cases. It would have been nice if both our government and the UK tried to be a bit proactive in their approach instead of a start/ stop model which has been deployed with no end game.

For me I can’t see mass crowds being back in stadiums until everyone has been vaccinated. 

If that's the case then we will NEVER see a full stadium again as there has never been a vaccine with 100% take up.  Not even smallpox.

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

If that's the case then we will NEVER see a full stadium again as there has never been a vaccine with 100% take up.  Not even smallpox.

Lawsuits will be mounting up for the SG like the NTIA Scotland case about nightclubs, etc if we don't see sectors given concrete opening dates that have been shut since March 2020.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Lawsuits will be mounting up for the SG like the NTIA Scotland case about nightclubs, etc if we don't see sectors given concrete opening dates that have been shut since March 2020.

They can mount up all they want.  The SG will cite Public safety and Health concerns with Government funded research and studies to back it up and no judge will be able to rule against this without opening up a whole can of worms.

And just to make clear, I'm on the side of the lawsuits.

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

I think we’re singing from the the same hymn sheet.

Fort Vallance
4 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I completely agree except for your last sentence. Unfortunately there is a significant section of the population who either can't or won't get vaccinated. I'm not going to get in to the specifics of why a particular section won't. But everyone else shouldn't have to miss out because if that.

Having said all that I think it's all gone off topic. Expect I'll stump up whatever.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold