Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

2 hours ago, blairdin said:

I don't expect value for money as such. I'm a Hearts fans, my expectations of seeing us win stuff are relatively low.

All I want to see is a team that has its own style and philosophy, tries, more often than not, to play positive entertaining football, gives a decent chance to our youth players to establish themselves and not spunk vast amounts of money bringing in mediocre players and journeymen at the expense of our academy.

Good post. If the club had no money or more limited resources in comparison to our rivals, I believe our fans would be more patient and understanding. It's the years of incompetence and poor decision making that gets my back up. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good post. If the club had no money or more limited resources in comparison to our rivals, I believe our fans would be more patient and understanding. It's the years of incompetence and poor decision making that gets my back up. 

This 

3 hours ago, blairdin said:

I don't expect value for money as such. I'm a Hearts fans, my expectations of seeing us win stuff are relatively low.

All I want to see is a team that has its own style and philosophy, tries, more often than not, to play positive entertaining football, gives a decent chance to our youth players to establish themselves and not spunk vast amounts of money bringing in mediocre players and journeymen at the expense of our academy.

Not to much to ask for tbh. 👍

3 hours ago, blairdin said:

i would def go along with this. Would love to see us winning stuff all the time but its not going to happen.I love Hearts FC for what it is and love going to Tynecastle. Im happy to pay full whack just for those reasons alone

henryheart
13 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

You’re right that the football was cheap but it felt good to have a season ticket. As cheap as football was, to me, before working and then getting paid apprentice wages, the saving on entrance money was great. Not only did you get entry to all the cup ties etc., the ticket was cheaper than the admission for all the, then, 17 home league games. There was usually a separate gate for season tickets too, which could save on queuing time for big games.

As you said, since the ground became all seated it’s become more necessary to have one to ensure being next to your mates or in a good position to watch the games.

That's right. There was no better feeling than strolling past the long queues of people waiting to pay to get in.

As for football being cheap in those days, I'd rather say that it was much more affordable. It used to be that if there was an attractive game elsewhere and the weather was decent I'd go because I like football full stop. While attendances are higher now, I suspect that that is from fewer people attending more often having bought season tickets. I haven't been to a game as a neutral in years and it is the same for away games because I find the prices downright stupid. Just looking at what Hearts charge for example, if a family of four with 2 children under the age of 13 were to buy tickets for a game v Hamilton in season 2019-20 and sat in the Main Stand the price was £92. The cheapest seats elsewhere in the ground would come in at £52. I'm sure these prices put off the occasional 'fan'.    

It's not just football of course. Back in the day the top bands went on tour to promote their new albums; the price of an album was circa £3 in the mid to late 70's the price for going to the Playhouse or the Odeon to see The Who, Genesis, Jam etc etc. live was pretty much the same. If you were short of cash you had to make the choice - buy the album or go and see the group live. Oh to be able to do have that choice now.  

portobellojambo1
On 07/05/2021 at 16:00, davemclaren said:

Good to know. This will be my last season paying the full whack. I’m officially elderly next year. 

I contacted the club yesterday (10/05/21) dave, just to check up on what happens. I reached age 65 3 months ago and just got in touch with them to check if I needed to renew my ST in the ticket office, to provide evidence I'm now in the old fart bracket or if I could still do it online. The TO confirmed they had checked my records and have my correct DOB on record and that the information issued to me for renewal will relate to OAP ticket prices and that I can renew online (just have to wait on that info. coming out now (I'm happy to pay the full cost of an OAP ticket, rather than query for any sort of reduction based on the season just ended and the number of home games available during that season, will still give me a good few quid in my pocket for other things).

29 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I contacted the club yesterday (10/05/21) dave, just to check up on what happens. I reached age 65 3 months ago and just got in touch with them to check if I needed to renew my ST in the ticket office, to provide evidence I'm now in the old fart bracket or if I could still do it online. The TO confirmed they had checked my records and have my correct DOB on record and that the information issued to me for renewal will relate to OAP ticket prices and that I can renew online (just have to wait on that info. coming out now (I'm happy to pay the full cost of an OAP ticket, rather than query for any sort of reduction based on the season just ended and the number of home games available during that season, will still give me a good few quid in my pocket for other things).

I paid £290 last season for my platinum seat, it’s a decent saving if you’re an old fart.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I paid £290 last season for my platinum seat, it’s a decent saving if you’re an old fart.

It does have it’s advantages being old.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

My ST for last season was £500/£550, so it does represent a very decent saving for me. My seat is in the very back row of the Wheatfield, so it may be my last season in that seat, as I get older I may have to think about moving further down the stand or across to the new stand, although the view from my existing seat isn't one I'm awfully keen on relinquishing, and been up there for an awful lot of years now and know everyone who sits around me.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Thanks. 👍

Motherwell giving everyone that bought a season ticket for this season a free one for next season. 

Very generous, not sure how they are affording that!

5 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Motherwell giving everyone that bought a season ticket for this season a free one for next season. 

wow.  That’s some gesture. Suppose they don’t have aa many as some but all the same that’s a brilliant gesture by the club. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Fair play to them for that. 👏

Probably be £8950 for the cheapest ticket the season after though :lol:

I think the turnbull transfer will cover the season tickets. Motherwell have been upgrading the ground and replacing seats 

frankblack
3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

My ST for last season was £500/£550, so it does represent a very decent saving for me. My seat is in the very back row of the Wheatfield, so it may be my last season in that seat, as I get older I may have to think about moving further down the stand or across to the new stand, although the view from my existing seat isn't one I'm awfully keen on relinquishing, and been up there for an awful lot of years now and know everyone who sits around me.

You can drop down a fair bit in the upper section of the Wheatfield and get the quality views.  Its the lower section where the view is a bit flatter as you get closer to the pitch level.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, dtgj said:

It's one of the perks of being "Fan Owned" and them having some influence. 

Doesn't apply to Hearts (at least for a while yet).

Edited by Footballfirst

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

It's one of the perks of being "Fan Owned". 

Doesn't apply to Hearts (at least for a while yet).

I wonder ho w many season tickets they have and what proportion they normally are of their income. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I wonder ho w many season tickets they have and what proportion they normally are of their income. 

They don't provide that level of info in their accounts.

In the year to 31 May 2020, their turnover was £4.95m.   Their gate receipts (matchday income?) amounted to £1.52m.  Their deferred income (where ST monies are usually held) amounted to £528k.

I'd suggest caution in using the £528k at the ST figure, given that the year end date is 31 May, which is quite early in the ST renewal period.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

anybody know when the prices are going to be announced?

Really dont think its going to be anytime soon. They dont even know when and how many fans we can get in so you cant sell 10k season tickets then announce oh by the way Jimmy Krankie is only letting is  have a capacity of 2k!

Farce. Pretty sure every other business has a clue as to the way forward.....football.....nah balls to that.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Really dont think its going to be anytime soon. They dont even know when and how many fans we can get in so you cant sell 10k season tickets then announce oh by the way Jimmy Krankie is only letting is  have a capacity of 2k!

Farce. Pretty sure every other business has a clue as to the way forward.....football.....nah balls to that.

:facepalm:

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:facepalm:

Care to expand? Larger capacity events coming up yet clubs still havent a clue of the way forward.

portobellojambo1

Yes, it will make it difficult to announce prices. They will have to be taking into account the season just finished, and the number of fans who took up the option to watch the games online, and those who either couldn't or chose not to use that option, and price tickets accordingly. They will also have to consider the numbers who will be allowed into home games next season, and take into account things like families, as they will need to look to get the parents and kids attending the same matches, if the parents are uncomfortable with allowing young children to go to the games themselves. If it is a case, which seems hightly likely, that it will be restricted attendances I'm guesing that as well could have a bearing on the actual ST prices, and I think it will be all based on ST holders, the club won't be able to sell a proportion of tickets to walk up customers.

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yes, it will make it difficult to announce prices. They will have to be taking into account the season just finished, and the number of fans who took up the option to watch the games online, and those who either couldn't or chose not to use that option, and price tickets accordingly. They will also have to consider the numbers who will be allowed into home games next season, and take into account things like families, as they will need to look to get the parents and kids attending the same matches, if the parents are uncomfortable with allowing young children to go to the games themselves. If it is a case, which seems hightly likely, that it will be restricted attendances I'm guesing that as well could have a bearing on the actual ST prices, and I think it will be all based on ST holders, the club won't be able to sell a proportion of tickets to walk up customers.

Its certainly going to be complex.

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thats exactly why I would ask on here as opposed to just emailing the club.

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not much more complex than Hibs or Aberdeen who already have theirs on sale. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s surely just timing. I’m expecting a couple of decent signings soon and the st package released at the same time. 

lost in space
49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Easier for us to calculate then those 2 clubs.

They have to factor in cup ties after the first rounds of each cup!!!

davemclaren
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Easier for us to calculate then those 2 clubs.

They have to factor in cup ties after the first rounds of each cup!!!

Cup ties aren’t included in season tickets, not since the 80s anyway. 🧐

The Real Maroonblood

Care to expand? Larger capacity events coming up yet clubs still havent a clue of the way forward.

Jimmy Krankie ffs.

lost in space
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Cup ties aren’t included in season tickets, not since the 80s anyway. 🧐

I know. I know. It wasn't meant to be too serious. It was an attempted, never tried before, criticism of our head coach's cup record.

davemclaren
Just now, lost in space said:

I know. I know. It wasn't meant to be too serious. It was an attempted, never tried before, criticism of our head coach's cup record.

I did suspect that. 😎

Psychedelicropcircle
On 11/05/2021 at 15:05, portobellojambo1 said:

Whilst considering moving over to the main stand be mindful the wind blows from the west 🥶 ❄️

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Whilst considering moving over to the main stand be mindful the wind blows from the west 🥶 ❄️

And the sun shines in your eyes in the main stand. 

Psychedelicropcircle
41 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And the sun shines in your eyes in the main stand when it shines!

FTFY

Jambof3tornado

22k in for the cup final down south.

Very positive.

Will we still be in masks? Not an issue for me, wear one all day for work. Sitting in family/group bubbles, very hard to organise and maintain?

I just wish the club would give us an idea of what they are aiming for in terms of getting us back in. Right now it seems highly unlikely we will be in the stadium in any decent numbers for the season opener. 

Preseason friendlies used as trials events? 

More questions than answers, I just hope someone has some of the answers.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

22k in for the cup final down south.

Very positive.

Will we still be in masks? Not an issue for me, wear one all day for work. Sitting in family/group bubbles, very hard to organise and maintain?

I just wish the club would give us an idea of what they are aiming for in terms of getting us back in. Right now it seems highly unlikely we will be in the stadium in any decent numbers for the season opener. 

Preseason friendlies used as trials events? 

More questions than answers, I just hope someone has some of the answers.

Will people be allowed to travel as we go in and out of levels ?

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Will people be allowed to travel as we go in and out of levels ?

Yup another potential issue,if we keep locking down for spikes. I assume you mean home fans that live away from Edinburgh as I dont see away fans getting in anywhere while numbers are restricted.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup another potential issue,if we keep locking down for spikes. I assume you mean home fans that live away from Edinburgh as I dont see away fans getting in anywhere while numbers are restricted.

Exactly. 

On 11/05/2021 at 10:17, GinRummy said:

Oh how right you are. This season coming we should all be excited and impatient for our first game. But I’m afraid most fans I know are only looking forward to meeting up with family and friends. And who can blame them.

Pans Jambo

For me its a simple equasion:

Crowds OK = ST Purchase.

0 Crowds = Sook on it.

Not that difficult really 👍.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Crowds OK = ST Purchase.

0 Crowds = Sook on it.

How will you know before the actual start of the season?

bigdavemaddog

fans might be allowed back in but then banned again if cases surge again in early Autumn like last year.

David McCaig
6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Crowds OK = ST Purchase.

0 Crowds = Sook on it.

Does your equation cover paying the staff and operating as a professional football club?

Smoked-Glass
4 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

fans might be allowed back in but then banned again if cases surge again in early Autumn like last year.

But we ll have a vaccine this time around so it should be OK. 

16 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yep.

If you live in an L3 area, while the host event is in 0-2, yes, you shouldn't be sold a ticket to access the event and I'd assume your e.g. Season SmartCard would need to be invalidated.

Edited by DETTY29

Pans Jambo
14 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Does your equation cover paying the staff and operating as a professional football club?

No but it covers my bank account and my family finances

Pans Jambo
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

How will you know before the actual start of the season?

I wont. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold