Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• jr ewing

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is this so you can push your idea that 1 person covered £100000 of cancelled contributions? 

Nope. 

James1874f
On 03/05/2021 at 13:00, novoman said:

£ 131,840

Well done to everyone who has put towards this during these very trying times.

It hasn’t been easy for people losing their jobs and all the uncertainty. 

We are down about £7,500 on last months total and that is understandably due to worst result in our clubs history and I get it that’s why lot of people withdrew their support. 

I was very close to doing it myself as a protest to what’s been going on. 

Then I thought that Ann and Robbie are not going to be here forever and thanks to the fans and the foundation including the guys that  buy a season tickets every year we will survive and grow stronger. 

When you look look at what’s going on down south and those Man Utd supporters demonstrating and wanting the top men out. We should soon own 75.1% of our club and have a much larger say on what’s going on. 

Newcastle are now trying to do something similar to us and starting to buy shares in order to have a say.

To date we have contributed £11,823,789 which is unbelievable when you think about it and all the Hibbys said it would never work or last. 

Im not in the know but I personally think that when it hits the £12 million mark Ann Budge will bow out. 

Perhaps Football First has more info on what’s due and when the handover will be.

Keep the faith guys 

pledge for life 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Excellent Post 

Only Hearts

Francis Albert
56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not necessarily. Cash generation can keep a company fuelled without significant profits being generated. It’s all about balancing revenue and cost structure. 

Mmmm.Name a company or two have survived without making a profit...eventually.

Lone Striker
On 04/05/2021 at 01:43, Independence said:

Well done everyone who did not bow to pressure , from some quarters on here, to cancel their monthly payments. The FofH contributions should not be used to threaten the club or be used as a bargaining tool. There will be no winners if fans think that they can use there FofH contributions in this way. 

Very strange  comments.    Who in their right mind  decides to stop contributing to FoH based on what folk on here say ?  Surely the only person you might have to answer to is your wife/family...... but basically, it's your own decision for whatever reason. 

In what way is anyone  threatening the club ?       A bargaining tool ?  Are you suggesting that anyone cancelling a £20 monthly pledge is doing so just to try to  get  Robbie  sacked ?  

For some, it might be  a reaction to the Brora debacle.    But wouldn't  most folk cancelling their D/D be doing so based on a  simple personal  judgement ?     

Either  - "I can't afford to keep this going  during the pandemic" 

Or  - "If Hearts can't use my money wisely, there's  dozens of  good charities who would (foodbank, animal rescue charities etc)"

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The UK government

soonbe110
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

soonbe110
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Not what I said - ‘Without significant profits being generated’ 

Most of the cafes, sandwich bars etc survive without making much in the way of profit. Most are happy if all the bills are paid and all the staff, including the owners, get paid their wages. 
And there’s many more businesses in a similar boat. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Most of the cafes, sandwich bars etc survive without making much in the way of profit. Most are happy if all the bills are paid and all the staff, including the owners, get paid their wages. 

Turnover is important as someone said earlier, but there's no point in Hearts running an ancillary enterprise which doesn't contribute funds to the football department in the long term.

Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity, and cash flow is king.

32 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Turnover is important as someone said earlier, but there's no point in Hearts running an ancillary enterprise which doesn't contribute funds to the football department in the long term.

That is true but you won't have the other two if you don't have the first.

You have to get customers through the door and sometimes that could mean little or no profit until you become  known as a good vfm enterprise.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

That is true but you won't have the other two if you don't have the first.

You have to get customers through the door and sometimes that could mean little or no profit until you become  known as a good vfm enterprise.

Agreed, that's why I mentioned the long term. How long that is is another question.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Similar to what I said. Cash is king. Not profit, not turnover. Though turnover is the major driver of cash. 

55 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Similar to what I said. Cash is king. Not profit, not turnover. Though turnover is the major driver of cash. 

Might that not suggest that turnover is king?

soonbe110
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Might that not suggest that turnover is king?

No, it’s what you do with the cash once you have it. 

41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, it’s what you do with the cash once you have it. 

I agree with that but surely unless you have the turnover you won't have the cash!

It doesn't come from thin air.

soonbe110
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I agree with that but surely unless you have the turnover you won't have the cash!

It doesn't come from thin air.

You have to make the cash cover as much as possible. Anyway it was a different discussion with another poster. I’m done with basic finance. 

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You have to make the cash cover as much as possible. Anyway it was a different discussion with another poster. I’m done with basic finance. 

I agree.

I do believe cash is king as it gives more options to a prospective buyer but nonetheless, in the retail trade at least, turnover must precede cash.

Francis Albert
15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

But the idea of the non-football departments at Hearts is presumably to generate significant  profits or surplus cash to subsidise the football department. Not just for those ancillary activities to survive and pay the bills and  the staff's wages.

davemclaren
38 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But the idea of the non-football departments at Hearts is presumably to generate significant  profits or surplus cash to subsidise the football department. Not just for those ancillary activities to survive and pay the bills and  the staff's wages.

Mmm, not so sure. They probably make huge profits on matchdays, the rest…

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Or just loss leaders to attract customers through the doors and hopefully encourage them to take an interest in Hearts?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or just loss leaders to attract customers through the doors and hopefully encourage them to take an interest in Hearts?

Many retail businesses, even well established ones, use this tool as a sprat to catch a mackerel.

I don't think we should consciously set out with a loss in mind but if we cover our costs initially and become known as a good value for money venue, satisfied customers will soon spread the word and we can then gradually sneak in the price rises to make it much more profitable.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Many retail businesses, even well established ones, use this tool as a sprat to catch a mackerel.

I don't think we should consciously set out with a loss in mind but if we cover our costs initially and become known as a good value for money venue, satisfied customers will soon spread the word and we can then gradually sneak in the price rises to make it much more profitable.

I accept that and there is some (two-way) synergy between the success of the football team and of the other departments but this analysis (loss leader) seems a bit arse about tit to me. 

The other departments will do well if the team is playing entertaining football and being moderately successful (regular top fours and European qualification, a cup at least once a decade).

The last years of the old stand saw this and we got close to filling the ground (though even then the more limited hospitality often did not sell out.)

However good the hospitality it will not put more bums on seats in the stands if the football is poor. How many non-Hearts supporters use the Skyline Restaurants or book venues for weddings, birthdays and the like at Tynecastle? How much of the "best Tripadvisor rating in Edinburgh" was down to non-Hearts fans?

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I accept that and there is some (two-way) synergy between the success of the football team and of the other departments but this analysis (loss leader) seems a bit arse about tit to me. 

The other departments will do well if the team is playing entertaining football and being moderately successful (regular top fours and European qualification, a cup at least once a decade).

The last years of the old stand saw this and we got close to filling the ground (though even then the more limited hospitality often did not sell out.)

However good the hospitality it will not put more bums on seats in the stands if the football is poor. How many non-Hearts supporters use the Skyline Restaurants or book venues for weddings, birthdays and the like at Tynecastle? How much of the "best Tripadvisor rating in Edinburgh" was down to non-Hearts fans?

I presume you have the answer or is it just another wild guess to suit your agenda?

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I will leave the economics to the experts however i agree with the bit in bold and this should be at the centre of all planning for non-football activities.

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I presume you have the answer or is it just another wild guess to suit your agenda?

No agenda. Just my opinion and I hope a reasoned response to the posts I quoted. 

But if you want a simpler answer - prioritise  getting the football right.

hmfc_steve
21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If Hibs had a restaurant in their stand ..... There's not a hope in hell I'd be going to it ! ... No matter how good it seemingly was .. and I'd bet that's the same for majority of hearts fans

26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No agenda. Just my opinion and I hope a reasoned response to the posts I quoted. 

But if you want a simpler answer - prioritise  getting the football right.

Did you overlook the question you yiurself asked

How much of the "best Tripadvisor rating in Edinburgh" was down to non-Hearts fans?

Francis Albert
37 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did you overlook the question you yiurself asked

How much of the "best Tripadvisor rating in Edinburgh" was down to non-Hearts fans?

Ah that was what you wanted my answer to. In the context of my post it was clearly a rhetorical question. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Proud to say I will be joining the 1956 club after this months payment. 

Personally, I would offer congratulations on this, but according to many of the blowhards on here, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Backing the club financially, helping to save it and then strengthen its finances through one of the toughest times ever, certainly since WW2,in most clubs would be a positive, but apparently, you are enabling Mrs Budge and Robbie Neilson to wield havoc with our club. 

Hope you can sleep at night. 

Ps

Keep it up, it's supporters like you that will enable Hearts to get through this pandemic and prosper in long term. You are right to be proud. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Personally, I would offer congratulations on this, but according to many of the blowhards on here, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Backing the club financially, helping to save it and then strengthen its finances through one of the toughest times ever, certainly since WW2,in most clubs would be a positive, but apparently, you are enabling Mrs Budge and Robbie Neilson to wield havoc with our club. 

Ps

Keep it up, it's supporters like you that will enable Hearts to get through this pandemic and prosper in long term. You are right to be proud. 

Really could not care less what anyone thinks personal choice and only direct debit that I don’t mind coming out of my account. 

I will continue to contribute as long as I am able to might even up it slightly after the latest milestone. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ps

Watching it get flushed away. 

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Ah that was what you wanted my answer to. In the context of my post it was clearly a rhetorical question. 

I gave you a clue when I highlighted the quesrtion

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Rhetorical or not it will have an answer.  Tell us.