£131,840

novoman

Malinga the Swinga
49 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some people are so insecure in their support of Hearts that they can't cope with any criticism of the club.

Some people are so insecure and desperate to be heard, they can't do anything but criticise the club

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• jr ewing

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Some people are so insecure and desperate to be heard, they can't do anything but criticise the club

I'm sure that is also true.

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just desperate to see the contributions aren't wasted on signings like Ross Stewart. Oops too late. 

Given the state of affairs at the club just now that is a staggering figure.

Vlad Magic
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some people are so insecure in their support of Hearts that they can't cope with any criticism of the club.

Im sure there are the odd 1 or 2.

I suggest the majority are simply sick and tired of hearing the same criticisms over and over again?

Im also pretty sure most are sick to death of any old stick being used to beat the club, Ann or Robbie with?

Francis Albert
14 hours ago, sadj said:

I think youth development is a dangerous road to go down. I think infrastructure is the route to go down with it. We’ve for all the **** ups on the pitch now built a good basis to pull clear as the third force in terms of turnover. Right now us , Aberdeen and Hibs amongst others shop in the same market. Using the FoH money to keep pushing the infrastructure and income streams would hopefully allow us both a bit more freedom to step up in the market and grow those income streams to a point things like the youth structure is just pulled along with it. All imo of course. 

What income streams are we talking about? We  know that the new stand facilities increased turnover pre-Covid but turnover helps only if it generates profit and I have not seen anything yet to convince me that restaurants and catering etc will generate significant profits to fund player recruitmemt.

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What income streams are we talking about? We  know that the new stand facilities increased turnover pre-Covid but turnover helps only if it generates profit and I have not seen anything yet to convince me that restaurants and catering etc will generate significant profits to fund player recruitmemt.

What profit figures exist for those?

Independence
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Oh I can cope with criticism.....but when it is never ending from some posters without any positivity , ever, I start to become suspicious. Sound familiar? 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What profit figures exist for those?

I didn't see anything in the accounts relating to the profitability of the activities I referred to hence my comment that I hadn't seen any. But I may have missed something.

I am sceptical about how much profit for example a restaurant in Gorgie will generate. I am old enough to remember the ambitions for the social club and cabaret venue more than 50 years ago.

Vlad Magic
26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I didn't see anything in the accounts relating to the profitability of the activities I referred to hence my comment that I hadn't seen any. But I may have missed something.

I am sceptical about how much profit for example a restaurant in Gorgie will generate. I am old enough to remember the ambitions for the social club and cabaret venue more than 50 years ago.

With respect.

That was 50 years ago.

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I agree and remember the social clubs closing down. The skyline restaurant does seem popular but no idea how much it generates in profits. Never seen the 1874 bar particularly busy outside match days though. 

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

With respect.

That was 50 years ago.

Yes, as I said. I am not sure how much the fundamentals of running profitable hospitality venues have changed. Gorgie is not an obvious location for such businesses.

0ne thing I am pretty sure of is that the chances of success 50 years ago were not helped by the fortunes of the "football department" back then. If these other revenue streams are to be profitable we will need a more attractive or at least more watchable product on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes, as I said. I am not sure how much the fundamentals of running profitable hospitality venues have changed. Gorgie is not an obvious location for such businesses.

0ne thing I am pretty sure of is that the chances of success 50 years ago were not helped by the fortunes of the "football department" back then. If these other revenue streams are to be profitable we will need a more attractive or at least more watchable product on the pitch. 

Are we really saying that because something failed 50 years ago nothing remotely similar will ever succeed there again?

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are we really saying that because something failed 50 years ago nothing remotely similar will ever succeed there again?

I am certainly not saying that as you would know if you had read and understood my posts.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

So are the numbers of contributions in for the month? Thought they were due today. 

These were the figures issued on Monday. 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am certainly not saying that as you would know if you had read and understood my posts.

Sorry hadn’t noticed you had replied. I wasnt looking at figures etc. Just the principle of improving the infrastructure to ensure that we can continue to raise our turnover and hopefully in turn profitability. 

Tynie might not be in the most attractive area for things but there is a lot of space that should now be available for events if utilised correctly (assuming the world goes back to a semblance of normality).

Pittodrie has a big area under the stand used for events such as conferences , comic-cons , business conventions (trade things where they show off goods🤷🏻‍♂️ No idea what the proper term is). We have in the past held gigs there , although the last one was closed down because 2people were caught trying to enter with drugs so sodexo freaked out and stopped it (no idea what they had to do with it but they were acting on behalf of the club). A split of the bar alone at that would add an extra 10/20k to the clubs accounts. Aberdeen being twats though have lost any chance of us going there again.

Marketing things correctly and partnerships with travel companies/taxi firms to allow people to say stay at the Apex then go to Tynecastle for their conferences etc could be appealing if done correctly. A wee bit out the box thinking could easily see us utilise the stadium for other events both indoors and out. (Pitch dependant) 

Don’t ask me what events though. 

Francis Albert
36 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sorry hadn’t noticed you had replied. I wasnt looking at figures etc. Just the principle of improving the infrastructure to ensure that we can continue to raise our turnover and hopefully in turn profitability. 

Tynie might not be in the most attractive area for things but there is a lot of space that should now be available for events if utilised correctly (assuming the world goes back to a semblance of normality).

Pittodrie has a big area under the stand used for events such as conferences , comic-cons , business conventions (trade things where they show off goods🤷🏻‍♂️ No idea what the proper term is). We have in the past held gigs there , although the last one was closed down because 2people were caught trying to enter with drugs so sodexo freaked out and stopped it (no idea what they had to do with it but they were acting on behalf of the club). A split of the bar alone at that would add an extra 10/20k to the clubs accounts. Aberdeen being twats though have lost any chance of us going there again.

Marketing things correctly and partnerships with travel companies/taxi firms to allow people to say stay at the Apex then go to Tynecastle for their conferences etc could be appealing if done correctly. A wee bit out the box thinking could easily see us utilise the stadium for other events both indoors and out. (Pitch dependant) 

Don’t ask me what events though. 

Don t disagree with any of that. Remain sceptical about other revenue streams making a significant difference to our competitiveness where it matters.

43 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don t disagree with any of that. Remain sceptical about other revenue streams making a significant difference to our competitiveness where it matters.

Would it not be better and fairer to give things a chance to take off properly post lockdown restrictions?

I doubt if AB was able to forecast the pandemic, its timescale and overall effect when she had the plans prepared.

58 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Lets just hope what money we generate is utilised better than it has been of recent. Signings like GMs hint it will be but obvs the jury is still rightly out.

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Would it not be better and fairer to give things a chance to take off properly post lockdown restrictions?

I doubt if AB was able to forecast the pandemic, its timescale and overall effect when she had the plans prepared.

My views haven't changed as a result of Covid. I am sure I expressed the same doubts pre-Covid. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

These were the figures issued on Monday. 🤷‍♂️

How many contributors then?

Nookie Bear
On 04/05/2021 at 18:34, Francis Albert said:

So you’re saying we could have had a bit of post-match burlesque?

😜

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So you’re saying we could have had a bit of post-match burlesque?

😜

Lena Martell. Not exactly burlesque.

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

How many contributors then?

Ah sorry, no idea where any of the numbers are published. 

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Lena Martell. Not exactly burlesque.

I think Christian was the big draw. Motherwell supporter of course. 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think Christian was the big draw. Motherwell supporter of course. 

Christian who?

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ah sorry, no idea where any of the numbers are published. 

Supposed to be today. Wonder why the delay?

Jambo-Fox
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Where are they published? 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks Dave. Never heard of him. Until now obviously.

Sung in the Ace of Hearts club or Roseberry Suite iirc. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

They must know you are on to them. 😎

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sung in the Ace of Hearts club or Roseberry Suite iirc. 

Having googled Chris McClure rings a bell.

And I think the "cabaret" venue was indeed the Rosebery Suite.

Jambo-Fox
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

FoH website. Stuart Wallace's update. 

OK however I can’t find anything showing monthly subscribers & contributions. Last ‘blog’ was September 2019.

Surely it would be easy to add a monthly tracker with the numbers? It’s probably the only data that is collected monthly and really should be shared with members! 

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

OK however I can’t find anything showing monthly subscribers & contributions. Last ‘blog’ was September 2019.

Surely it would be easy to add a monthly tracker with the numbers? It’s probably the only data that is collected monthly and really should be shared with members! 

100% correct. We should know on a monthly basis. 

Nookie Bear
53 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No idea what your emoji thing means. Sorry.

Basically my eyes wouldn’t cope watching that drivel. 

soonbe110
On 04/05/2021 at 12:49, Francis Albert said:

Turnover also helps cash flow. Cash is what a company lives on, not profit 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Basically my eyes wouldn’t cope watching that drivel. 

Thanks. A word is worth a thousand pictures.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Turnover also helps cash flow. Cash is what a company lives on, not profit 

Up to a point. The point when cash flow goes negative. In the end companies need profits.

31 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

100% correct. We should know on a monthly basis. 

Is this so you can push your idea that 1 person covered £100000 of cancelled contributions? 

soonbe110
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Up to a point. The point when cash flow goes negative. In the end companies need profits.

Not necessarily. Cash generation can keep a company fuelled without significant profits being generated. It’s all about balancing revenue and cost structure. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Just Christian. 🧐😂

😒 never heard of him until tonight

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is this so you can push your idea that 1 person covered £100000 of cancelled contributions? 

I confess. 😂