£131,840

novoman

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

How many fans have postponed their pledge? Maybe one or two interested parties  chucked a lot in to save face. 

:vrface:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• jr ewing

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well done to everyone who has contributed to this and continues to do so. 

Fantastic achievement and commitment. 

I pledge for life. Money is for Hearts no matter who is Chairperson, CEO or Manager. We are back up. Let’s move on. I would never use my pledge or season ticket to hold anyone at Hearts to ransom. Watching the last game of this season at Tynecastle on a computer makes you realise what we have all missed since last March. 

Expand  

:yas:

Bull's-eye

Just like to say thankyou to all the disgruntled supporters who've grizzled, moaned, regurgitated BUT, who've ultimately stepped up to the plate and oversubscribed to FOH to make up the shortfall caused by the massive numbers of unsubscribers.

Truly great effort....  👏

Whilst I am unhappy about the management of Hearts both on and off the field and respect every ones right to decide what to do with their hard earned monies, I wonder if those who stopped their FoH contributions considered where the club would be if all the pledgers did likewise? For my part I never want to go through the agony of administration again with the very real danger of liquidation. I am immensely proud of my fellow fans and I for saving the club and that I will be a joint owner very soon.

14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm predicting record season ticket numbers by supporters desperate to get back into watching the team.

Real supporters, not the play at it ones on JKB. 

😃

Why would a drop in FoH donations signal record season ticket sales? Do you mean more because of lockdown and not being able to go to football?

NANOJAMBO
1 minute ago, Papa said:

Whilst I am unhappy about the management of Hearts both on and off the field and respect every ones right to decide what to do with their hard earned monies, I wonder if those who stopped their FoH contributions considered where the club would be if all the pledgers did likewise? 

The club isn't at risk from pledges being stopped because it's supposed to be self-sufficient.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The club isn't at risk from pledges being stopped because it's supposed to be self-sufficient.

Really? During the pandemic with no walk ups, no hospitality etc etc?

Just now, Papa said:

I think the idea was to force change. So the club would presumably have a new manager and then everyone would start subscribing again. 

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The club budgets for the pledges, quite rightly so, if there weren't any pledges, they'd budget accordingly. 

There are pledges, happy days   😀😀

NANOJAMBO
Just now, Papa said:

My point remains. 

Clearly the pandemic is a bloody obvious spanner in the works - for every club , it's not unique to Hearts. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I think the idea was to force change. So the club would presumably have a new manager and then everyone would start subscribing again. 

Yes I understand the reasoning but if we had all stopped contributing where would we be?

NANOJAMBO
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

The club budgets for the pledges, quite rightly so, if there weren't any pledges, they'd budget accordingly. 

There are pledges, happy days   😀😀

I couldn't care less. 

Just now, Papa said:

Yes I understand the reasoning but if we had all stopped contributing where would we be?

We’d have a new manager and everyone would start subscribing again?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The less power fans have the better. 

Just enough power to prevent major cluster**** such as running off to another League, changing the team colours,  moving ground etc

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

My comment about benefits is a bit of a carelessly expressed red herring. Of course our contributions to FOH were never intended to derive tangible benefits as such and, yes, I also enjoyed the one a plot Ceremony I attended.

IMO, however, following repayment of the debt to Budge and our very worthwhile support of the major infrastructure project of stand construction, future FOH funds should be reserved to specific projects and not go into a general pot from which, among other things, Loic Damour’s wages are paid.

I’m curious that you choose to put the word donations in parentheses as that is exactly what contributions to FOH are.

They are also a membership fee in practice as they give you rights as mentioned. I agree re the general pot issue. 

NANOJAMBO
1 minute ago, Papa said:

Even more in the shit if BullsEye is correct as Budge seemingly banks on the cash each year. 

davemclaren
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Even more in the shit if BullsEye is correct as Budge seemingly banks on the cash each year. 

I imagine they are banking on the cash during the pandemic but hopefully not in normal times. 

Armageddon

Great post and very positive.

It’s hard to ignore how these figures could/should have increased 5%-10% had the potato not been in charge.

I won’t let my huge anti-Bob views get in the way of a very positive story - well done Hearts fans 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’d have a new manager and everyone would start subscribing again?

And possibly by that time we would be back deep in the financial doo doo again. I for one am not prepared to take that risk.

NANOJAMBO
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine they are banking on the cash during the pandemic but hopefully not in normal times. 

Agreed. I'm sure you will be correct on that score. 

NANOJAMBO
1 minute ago, Papa said:

And possibly by that time we would be back deep in the financial doo doo again. I for one am not prepared to take that risk.

No one's asking you to. 

Just now, Papa said:

Maybe. You’d have to question why we’d be in the shit through not receiving voluntary pledges. Other clubs don’t have that resource and they seem to be getting by. 

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

12 Million is a fantastic achievement by any standards but when you look at the squad/manager and results, one has to say a deep investigation as to how it was spent needs to be done. 

Having said that where would we be without such a great support? Demotion and pandemic would have seen us buried.

While I don't disagree with your sentiments, you have to bear in mind that up until the Bidco loan was paid off, around about a year ago, the money wasn't going towards the playing budget.  It paid off Bidco and contributed towards the new stand.

I would imagine that the money that has gone in over the past 12 months has been used to help offset the impacts of the pandemic and unfair demotion, so I'm not sure how much might have been used to supplement the playing budget.  Hopefully we'll see an improvement going forward, once things are back to some sort of normal.

Jamhammer
2 hours ago, sadj said:

I said elsewhere I think that will be more dependant on access to Tynie. 

I agree. It’ll certainly have a bearing for me

Jeffros Furios
13 minutes ago, Papa said:

Where would be ??  Really 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I actually don’t like the idea of spending FoH money directly on players as it’s too easy for it to go badly wrong. I would prefer infrastructure/facilities type projects to be funded that have a longer term benefit. However, unusually, most don’t agree with me. 

I'm with you on that Dave.  As well as infrastructure projects, we could also invest more on youth development.  After all, youth is the Foundation of our future (see what I did there?)

My FOH contribution remains in a separate online account until these clowns leave our club, oh wait.. 

Well done all who continue to contribute during these times. 

It's a shame how it has been utilised on the park.. 

HHGH

FTh

48 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, that was me.😜

You really believe that’s what happened? 😄

I know that you have the money. 😂

40 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Just like to say thankyou to all the disgruntled supporters who've grizzled, moaned, regurgitated BUT, who've ultimately stepped up to the plate and oversubscribed to FOH to make up the shortfall caused by the massive numbers of unsubscribers.

Truly great effort....  👏

Maybe just one.

jimbojambo

I couldn't sleep after the Brora result but not for a millisecond did I consider cancelling. I actually increased my pledge because I could afford it. As long as we still have a team to support my pledge will remain in place. Always Hearts 👍

Edited by jimbojambo

David Black
1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

If so then FoH need to inform the fans. It would take a lot of pressure off AB and FoH if they just communicated that the transfer is coming soon. It’s the silence that drives folk mad.

Exactly, communication from both club and FoH is pathetic. They have only themselves to blame for the criticism.

Psychedelicropcircle
1 hour ago, Papa said:

Minus Robbie 

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Only takes one person to put in 100k this month to make it a different story. 

Jesus christ , are you actually saying that so many people stopped payments that someone said heres £100k so you can claim its all ok?

How about people who are pissed have made their feelings clear but also view FoH and Robbies position as separate things

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I'm with you on that Dave.  As well as infrastructure projects, we could also invest more on youth development.  After all, youth is the Foundation of our future (see what I did there?)

I think youth development is a dangerous road to go down. I think infrastructure is the route to go down with it. We’ve for all the **** ups on the pitch now built a good basis to pull clear as the third force in terms of turnover. Right now us , Aberdeen and Hibs amongst others shop in the same market. Using the FoH money to keep pushing the infrastructure and income streams would hopefully allow us both a bit more freedom to step up in the market and grow those income streams to a point things like the youth structure is just pulled along with it. All imo of course. 

Jambo-Fox

Hearts supporters alway back their club, through good times and bad!

Great times are ahead …

HHGH

♥️♥️♥️♥️

So the payment to Ann Budge for her loan has been paid.        Yes

The £100,000 for the legal handover is there and ready to be paid.        Yes

Since  these monies have have been paid or held what happens to the money that has been raised since. ?

Is the majority handed over to Ann Budge & her Board to spend as they like with FOH keeping a small amount ?

In the past season have Hearts ran up any debt ? And if so do we have any idea how much ?

That’s all for now. Thanks.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, sadj said:

I think youth development is a dangerous road to go down. I think infrastructure is the route to go down with it. We’ve for all the **** ups on the pitch now built a good basis to pull clear as the third force in terms of turnover. Right now us , Aberdeen and Hibs amongst others shop in the same market. Using the FoH money to keep pushing the infrastructure and income streams would hopefully allow us both a bit more freedom to step up in the market and grow those income streams to a point things like the youth structure is just pulled along with it. All imo of course. 

Take your point but feeling invested in young players coming through in terms of seeing them break through and feeling like you helped somehow is probably an easier sell long-term than infrastructure updates, UNLESS it's the installation of a St Pauli style hot dog train.

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So the payment to Ann Budge for her loan has been paid.        Yes

The £100,000 for the legal handover is there and ready to be paid.        Yes

Since  these monies have have been paid or held what happens to the money that has been raised since. ?

Is the majority handed over to Ann Budge & her Board to spend as they like with FOH keeping a small amount ?

In the past season have Hearts ran up any debt ? And if so do we have any idea how much ?

That’s all for now. Thanks.

If not it'll be a miracle. I'm going to guess it's a lot less than our competitors in the Premiership though. The owners of the top clubs will have to dig into their pockets or go into debt. In our case, at the start of the pandemic we secured a commitment from our benefactor fans to see us through.

Heart of Darkness
11 hours ago, novoman said:

£ 131,840

Well done to everyone who has put towards this during these very trying times.

It hasn’t been easy for people losing their jobs and all the uncertainty. 

We are down about £7,500 on last months total and that is understandably due to worst result in our clubs history and I get it that’s why lot of people withdrew their support. 

I was very close to doing it myself as a protest to what’s been going on. 

Then I thought that Ann and Robbie are not going to be here forever and thanks to the fans and the foundation including the guys that  buy a season tickets every year we will survive and grow stronger. 

When you look look at what’s going on down south and those Man Utd supporters demonstrating and wanting the top men out. We should soon own 75.1% of our club and have a much larger say on what’s going on. 

Newcastle are now trying to do something similar to us and starting to buy shares in order to have a say.

To date we have contributed £11,823,789 which is unbelievable when you think about it and all the Hibbys said it would never work or last. 

Im not in the know but I personally think that when it hits the £12 million mark Ann Budge will bow out. 

Perhaps Football First has more info on what’s due and when the handover will be.

Keep the faith guys 

pledge for life 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

Great post.

Greater club.

Greatest fans.

♥️

Independence

Well done everyone who did not bow to pressure , from some quarters on here, to cancel their monthly payments. The FofH contributions should not be used to threaten the club or be used as a bargaining tool. There will be no winners if fans think that they can use there FofH contributions in this way. 

Independence
11 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I couldn't care less. 

Deary me!!! Administrators, could we have a section on KB for those, so called, Hearts fans who cant say a good word about the club titled, 'Negative Comments Only'? It is so depressing reading their ultra negative posts attacking 'our' club at every opportunity. It is the same posters all the time! Please no replies, I have heard it all before!

4 minutes ago, Independence said:

Deary me!!! Administrators, could we have a section on KB for those, so called, Hearts fans who cant say a good word about the club titled, 'Negative Comments Only'? It is so depressing reading their ultra negative posts attacking 'our' club at every opportunity. It is the same posters all the time! Please no replies, I have heard it all before!

Sorry, but you’ll get replies. It’s an open forum for debate. This being the single most important issue going into the summer. Everyone is entitled to their view, especially those with concerns on the time frame of the handover. 
It’s critical that we, the pledgers, can voice our opinions. If those comments are critical then all good I say.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
39 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, but you’ll get replies. It’s an open forum for debate. This being the single most important issue going into the summer. Everyone is entitled to their view, especially those with concerns on the time frame of the handover. 
It’s critical that we, the pledgers, can voice our opinions. If those comments are critical then all good I say.

Independence was one of the people who tried to tell us that Levein had everything in hand. Best ignored.

Bull's-eye
57 minutes ago, Independence said:

Don't criticise them, they'll start quoting your posts using smileys an everything.

Upset the negytrolls at yer peril.

Independence
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Independence was one of the people who tried to tell us that Levein had everything in hand. Best ignored.

Cheers, thanks. Ignore my opinions because they dont fit in with your 'agenda', whatever that  is? This is how bad KB has become over the years! I assume posters are allowed to 'get it wrong' as I did with Levein? I have got loads wrong but I refuse to fall into the ongoing 'negativity' ditch that so many on KB have crawled into. I accept that many will not be Hearts fans. Life is too short and I will remain update and support my club with enthusiasm and hope, through thick and thin! 

3 minutes ago, Independence said:

Cheers, thanks. Ignore my opinions because they dont fit in with your 'agenda', whatever that  is? This is how bad KB has become over the years! I assume posters are allowed to 'get it wrong' as I did with Levein? I have got loads wrong but I refuse to fall into the ongoing 'negativity' ditch that so many on KB have crawled into. I accept that many will not be Hearts fans. Life is too short and I will remain update and support my club with enthusiasm and hope, through thick and thin! 

Will never ignore anyone’s opinions.

Telling people not to reply doesn’t fit in with that though, does it ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Will never ignore anyone’s opinions.

Telling people not to reply doesn’t fit in with that though, does it ?

Some people are so insecure in their support of Hearts that they can't cope with any criticism of the club.

Ron Burgundy

The amount of money raised and the situation we are in is feckin criminal.

And nothing is going to change until Budge goes.

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some people are so insecure in their support of Hearts that they can't cope with any criticism of the club.

Yip.

It’s easier to think in one dimension and label any criticism as rabid.

Absolute nonsense of course.