£131,840

novoman

NANOJAMBO
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The extra cash will just be added to Hearts revenue as per the agreed governance. The Hearts board will then spend it accordingly. 

Unfortunately. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• jr ewing

• JamboAl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I cancelled after Brora and I don’t regret doing so. The levels of accountability at Hearts are totally unacceptable considering the money that’s going in 

Same. 

It never ceases to amaze me how much we as a fan base have put into the club. Fast approaching £12m and its an incredible accomplishment. 

I do think though that we need to maintain some sort of project to ensure drop offs don't occur. 

I'd love for a training centre (a good one, not a cow shed) to be the next project. Although, it should go without saying, I'd like the bidding process to be open and transparent and JB contracts kept well clear. The stand overspend was horrific and I don't like the air of nepotism around it.  

Anyway, amazing job I'm sure any other chairman would bite your hand off for a fan base doing something like this. Its really something special. :) 

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The extra cash will just be added to Hearts revenue as per the agreed governance. The Hearts board will then spend it accordingly. 

True though that may well be, if it was shown that future FOH money was being used to improve the squad then that would go a long way as regards keeping people on board. Other stuff can wait. Other clubs seem to be getting by without such an additional income stream so Hearts should use it to boost the quality on the pitch. I'm pretty sure £130K/m in addition to our normal playing budget would, if spent wisely, give us a massive advantage vis-a-vis Hibs, Aberdeen et. al.

I cancelled after Brora and I don’t regret doing so. The levels of accountability at Hearts are totally unacceptable considering the money that’s going in 

What accountabilty do you want - a weekly report, just for you?

The club prepare annual accounts (ACCOUNTABILITY) and these tell the story of where the money has gone and come from.

Still,if it gives you something to moan about, you'll be nuch happier than if you had nothing to moan about.

Psychedelicropcircle
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What accountabilty do you want - a weekly report, just for you?

The club prepare annual accounts (ACCOUNTABILITY) and these tell the story of where the money has gone and come from.

Still,if it gives you something to moan about, you'll be nuch happier than if you had nothing to moan about.

Does it mention anywhere on those accounts how expensive it is to be this shite?

Rocky jamboa

Phenomenal numbers, particularly at this time when there are so many high profile cases of clubs being stuck with unscrupulous owners, a reason for ALWAYS remaining fan owned. 

We need to push on though and complete the buyout as that was the whole point of FOH. Once that's done, many more will re-start subs, myself included. 

I was less than honest on here.  Following the club's response to the Brora fiasco, I posted that I had cancelled my subscription.  I hadn't.

When it came to the crunch, I didn't because I didn't want to.  I'm full of praise for the thousands who didn't threaten to withdraw and I encourage those who did to come back if you can.

I'm shocked at that, you're always so positive normally.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, weehammy said:

...and that’s the point at which I’ll cancel as it’ll just be a kind of membership scheme with no benefits (and spare me the Plot Ceremonies). I’d rather donate to a cancer charity.

It gives you a vote to elect FoH directors, stand for election yourself and a say in key decisions that may come up at AGMs/EGMs. It can’t give you any tangible benefits or the ‘donations’ would likely be taxable. I enjoyed the plot ceremony as a social event. 

Goodfella
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

To put the £131,840 in perspective, just a year ago, when the Good Friday disagreement had kicked off, the monthly pledges were £121,473.

The fans have done their bit in the interim, but the FOH Board has failed to deliver the majority shareholding.

Are these figures of the monthly pledge amounts available online? Can't find them on FOH website. Would be interesting to look through.

Vlad Magic

Just over a 5% drop from previous month.

95% happy to continue supporting the club with Robbie in charge.

There will be some tears n snotters tonight.

davemclaren
56 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

True though that may well be, if it was shown that future FOH money was being used to improve the squad then that would go a long way as regards keeping people on board. Other stuff can wait. Other clubs seem to be getting by without such an additional income stream so Hearts should use it to boost the quality on the pitch. I'm pretty sure £130K/m in addition to our normal playing budget would, if spent wisely, give us a massive advantage vis-a-vis Hibs, Aberdeen et. al.

I actually don’t like the idea of spending FoH money directly on players as it’s too easy for it to go badly wrong. I would prefer infrastructure/facilities type projects to be funded that have a longer term benefit. However, unusually, most don’t agree with me. 

been here before
11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Are you suggesting that more than a few of the Im More Ragin' Than You frothers are full of wind and pish or perhaps.....   dont even contribute anyway?

Shocked if thats true.

11 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

But how many stopped paying? Who made up the difference?

Bazzas right boot

Well done to everyone who has contributed to this and continues to do so. 

Fantastic achievement and commitment. 

Jamhammer
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Good stuff. A 5% decrease in a single month is meaningful, but not as dramatic as you might have thought based on some on the posts on here. Probably a good indication that season ticket sales aren't going to crash by the level some people have suggested either.

Still puts FOH on course to contribute around £1.5m this year. Not many owners in Scottish football putting that kind of money in to their clubs each year with no strings attached.

It really is way beyond time for FOH to complete the purchase of shares.

I’m not so sure about ST’s. Time will tell.

bobby bombscare
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I actually don’t like the idea of spending FoH money directly on players as it’s too easy for it to go badly wrong. I would prefer infrastructure/facilities type projects to be funded that have a longer term benefit. However, unusually, most don’t agree with me. 

Agreed! Use the FoH money for training facilities, stadium infrastructure etc. Let the FoH money support the club, not the players. 

Vlad Magic
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

Are you suggesting that more than a few of the Im More Ragin' Than You frothers are full of wind and pish or perhaps.....   dont even contribute anyway?

Shocked if thats true.

I couldn’t possibly say.

However given the evidence now available.

Vlad Magic

What is blatantly obvious is that FOH contributions appear to be unaffected by our management situation.

That in itself is unsurprising.

Our loyal support has backed Robbie by 95%.

Vlad Magic

Season ticket sales remain on course using FOH contributions as a guide to also be relatively unaffected.

FTH.

16 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m not so sure about ST’s. Time will tell.

I said elsewhere I think that will be more dependant on access to Tynie. 

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Managers, squads, players and quality of results will always fluctuate (that’s football!). In turn income will rise and fall based on prize money, sponsorship, ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

For me the moment that FOH funding becomes tied to the same measure (i.e. performance dependent) then the FOH is finished as a concept. Just look at the many threats in recent weeks and months to cut funding. Just imagine what that looks like when this funding is directly paying for the performance on the park and we have a bad patch, season or even era!!!

If the FOH money indirectly means that there are more funds available from other sources to invest in the squad then fine but, for me, a direct and tangible link between the two would be a mistake.

33 minutes ago, sadj said:

I said elsewhere I think that will be more dependant on access to Tynie. 

Yip.

Sales won’t be a criticism/endorsement of Robbie.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It's not a good idea to directly buy a player with FoH funds. There is enough pressure on new signings without the added burden of being paid for out of the the fans own pockets 

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's not a good idea to directly buy a player with FoH funds. There is enough pressure on new signings without the added burden of being paid for out of the the fans own pockets 

Can just imagine a post along the lines of....I paid for him and hes not performing so im gonna batter him... 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Managers, squads, players and quality of results will always fluctuate (that’s football!). In turn income will rise and fall based on prize money, sponsorship, ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

For me the moment that FOH funding becomes tied to the same measure (i.e. performance dependent) then the FOH is finished as a concept. Just look at the many threats in recent weeks and months to cut funding. Just imagine what that looks like when this funding is directly paying for the performance on the park and we have a bad patch, season or even era!!!

If the FOH money indirectly means that there are more funds available from other sources to invest in the squad then fine but, for me, a direct and tangible link between the two would be a mistake.

Tbf, it should all be part of the big pot used to run HMFC. The problem is that the woman in charge has all the talent of a lamppost when it comes to running a club 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Yes I agree completely. The problem with spending it on players, is that it just takes a couple of poor signings and some supporters start believing their FOH donations are being wasted and are more likely to stop donating.

2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Does it mention anywhere on those accounts how expensive it is to be this shite?

Look for yourself.

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

What is blatantly obvious is that FOH contributions appear to be unaffected by our management situation.

I suspect the majority back the club not Robbie.  He won’t be manager for long, the club will carry on long after he’s gone. To suggest 95% support Robbie is deluded, I don’t know anyone that wants him to stay. 

4 hours ago, David Black said:

I have a recent e-mail from Stuart Wallace stating early summer. June was again mentioned. One piece of paperwork being worked on seemingly. 

If so then FoH need to inform the fans. It would take a lot of pressure off AB and FoH if they just communicated that the transfer is coming soon. It’s the silence that drives folk mad.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Season ticket sales remain on course using FOH contributions as a guide to also be relatively unaffected.

FTH.

It’s not a guide and they’re not even on sale yet.  We have, what is it - 8,000 FOH members and normally around 13,000 ST holders?  Not sure FOH contributions can possibly be used as a guide to potential ST sales when a huge chunk of ST holders don’t even contribute to FOH.  I’d imagine access for fans will be much more relevant to ST sales. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

I'm not happy, that's quite some conclusion you draw, I'm simply letting my heart rule my head...it is in no way an endorsement of Robbie or indeed our hierarchy....I want AB away, ASAP, as until she is away, nothing will change for the better re our mentality as a club....

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I'm not happy, that's quite some conclusion you draw, I'm simply letting my heart rule my head...it is in no way an endorsement of Robbie or indeed our hierarchy....I want AB away, ASAP, as until she is away, nothing will change for the better re our mentality as a club....

How many fans have postponed their pledge? Maybe one or two interested parties  chucked a lot in to save face. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

How many fans have postponed their pledge? Maybe one or two interested parties  chucked a lot in to save face. 

Think it was around 5% according to FOH ?

From around 8000 to 7500 or thereabouts.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Think it was around 5% according to FOH ?

From around 8000 to 7500 or thereabouts.

Haven't seen that figure today. 

JamboGraham
44 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tbf, it should all be part of the big pot used to run HMFC. The problem is that the woman in charge has all the talent of a lamppost when it comes to running a club 

That problem though has existed to a greater or lesser extent with every owner/chair/manager at some stage during their tenure with our club. There is no reason to expect this to change with any future custodian. For that reason any direct and tangible connection between FOH funds and first team performance would be a mistake.

jambo-in-furness

Not entirely true,  pretty sure there are others with me that have not reduced/frozen their FOH payments who want Robbie out, and I hasten to add I emailed Stuart Wallace saying Robbie should go,  his job is no longer tenable.  So 95% backing is incorrect.

Randy Marsh

I'm going to up my pledge when Robbie fecks off.  

siegementality

Damn facts and figures getting in the way of agendas.

Unfortunately your damn facts and figures are incorrect. I continue to pledge to FOH, but want Neilson out. My pledges to FOH, and the continued employment of Neilson, are not linked.

1 minute ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Not entirely true,  pretty sure there are others with me that have not reduced/frozen their FOH payments who want Robbie out, and I hasten to add I emailed Stuart Wallace saying Robbie should go,  his job is no longer tenable.  So 95% backing is incorrect.

Only takes one person to put in 100k this month to make it a different story. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Well done to everyone who has contributed to this and continues to do so. 

Fantastic achievement and commitment. 

I pledge for life. Money is for Hearts no matter who is Chairperson, CEO or Manager. We are back up. Let’s move on. I would never use my pledge or season ticket to hold anyone at Hearts to ransom. Watching the last game of this season at Tynecastle on a computer makes you realise what we have all missed since last March. 

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Haven't seen that figure today. 

Couldn’t remember where I seen it tbh so checked the last è-mail from FOH and it stated 250 cancellations, around 3% but new pledgers had taken the total of pledgers to 8100.

Sorry for the previous bum info !

Bull's-eye

I'm predicting record season ticket numbers by supporters desperate to get back into watching the team.

Real supporters, not the play at it ones on JKB. 

😃

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Only takes one person to put in 100k this month to make it a different story. 

Yes, that was me.😜

You really believe that’s what happened? 😄

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, that was me.😜

You really believe that’s what happened? 😄

It'll be a fact by Wednesday. 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

There are others whose suspension of subs is not about Robbie but about the over year long failure of FOH to do what we pledged for. £12m ago.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Damn facts and figures getting in the way of agendas.

Nice shit stirring but incorrect. I want the Budge tenure as Executive Chair to end so I still need FoH to do their job. Hopefully then the subsequent board culls deadwood, including Neilson.