Scottish Parliament election in the Lothian region - what's going to happen?

Ulysses

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Would like to see proof up to April this year and what his domicile status is. Not taking a tweet as evidence.  Likely he is not declaring all his earnings. 

:laugh2: Jesus man, just acknowledge you got this one wrong ffs

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackLadd

• Ulysses

• Unknown user

• Roxy Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Gards said:

You are done.  Withdraw gracefully.

You take his word for it. I want proof. That's also why you vote SNP, no proof or evidence needed. 

Just now, Smithee said:

:laugh2: Jesus man, just acknowledge you got this one wrong ffs

Why the eff should I? Nothing has been proven. 

Des Lynam
23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Who in their right mind moves to Vegas and pays the much higher rate of UK tax, Einstein? Btw Scotland's top rate is higher than England, you telling me he pays that also? Laughable SNP balloons.

Aye the BBC paid him in dollars 

:rofl: 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Aye the BBC paid him in dollars 

:rofl: 

He can be paid in GBP and transfer it to USD same day.  Which I assume he did. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Did you reed my original post Roxy? A Scotland in the EU will NOT have an open border with England. 

I never said anything about the EU. I'm talking about independence and the negotiations. Joining the EU isn't a worry for me. What it tells me is Westminster isn't a friendly construct! If it wants to obstruct Scotland and it's desire for better democracy then it has a funny way of showing it! Why would they create a border and why even think of doing it. Infantile nonsense and propaganda of the lowest order. That's why I hate Westminster and its British politics.

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

I never said anything about the EU. I'm talking about independence and the negotiations. Joining the EU isn't a worry for me. What it tells me is Westminster isn't a friendly construct! If it wants to obstruct Scotland and it's desire for better democracy then it has a funny way of showing it! Why would they create a border and why even think of doing it. Infantile nonsense and propaganda of the lowest order. That's why I hate Westminster and its British politics.

Doesn't alter that the SNP's boast that an iScotland will have an open border with England when in the EU is entirely baseless, just like most of their claims and vote bribes.

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

He can be paid in GBP and transfer it to USD same day.  Which I assume he did. 

Was this a Daily Mail story by any chance? 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Was this a Daily Mail story by any chance? 

It actually originated on STV. 

I love when JackLadd gets ripped apart by logic and facts. Envisage him sitting in his wee bedroom throwing yet another tantrum; it's not fair, it's not fair. 

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Doesn't alter that the SNP's boast that an iScotland will have an open border with England when in the EU is entirely baseless, just like most of their claims and vote bribes.

The border issue is scare tactic like so much of Brit propaganda.

frankblack
6 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Alex will win again as he's well like by everyone except the rabid Nats.

I don't particularly like the Lib Dems but everyone in my household will vote for them

#Tactical Voting

Likewise - another 3 Lib Dems voters in Edinburgh West, plus my friends will also do the same.  I expect Lib Dems to hold.

The border issue is scare tactic like so much of Brit propaganda.

So you think Poland can accept goods from the Ukraine and not inspect the percentage demanded by EU rules etc? Btw it takes up to 4 hours to get through the customs checks on that particular EU border. No doubt lies and Brit propaganda to you.

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Likewise - another 3 Lib Dems voters in Edinburgh West, plus my friends will also do the same.  I expect Lib Dems to hold.

What policies are they voting for?

frankblack

What policies are they voting for?

Sustainable recovery from the pandemic, without it getting destabalised by separatists with uncosted economic policies.

Roxy Hearts
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sustainable recovery from the pandemic, without it getting destabalised by separatists with uncosted economic policies.

What's the costed policies of the anti Scots at Westminster? 

Roxy Hearts
31 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So you think Poland can accept goods from the Ukraine and not inspect the percentage demanded by EU rules etc? Btw it takes up to 4 hours to get through the customs checks on that particular EU border. No doubt lies and Brit propaganda to you.

Nothing to do with Scottish and English border negotiations.

frankblack

What's the costed policies of the anti Scots at Westminster? 

They aren't proposing independence, and in the case of the Lib Dems don't expect to win a majority in Holyrood.

The costed policies of the SNP have been ripped apart in the past couple of weeks when questioned by Andrew Marr and Kate Garraway.  Here's details of the latter: https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/kate-garraway-nicola-sturgeon-clash-20514865

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It is when you apply to join the EU.  Sturgeon has admitted it and blamed Brexit, but that is academic as she needs to deal with the current situation where Brexit has happened and borders exist outwith the EU.

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What?

Not only would an iScotland prospect EU member have to fully comply with the conditions of EU membership via its institutions that report directly to the Commission it would also need to have a compliant England willing to allow free movement of goods, services and people. The chances of that happening are zero as a Scotland within an EU would pose a serious security and immigration risk that they would not tolerate. As has been discussed many times here, a hard border would hurt us vastly more than England. Their economy does not rely on trade with us at all and they have all the major ports and trading routes.  You really need to take your head out of the sand. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I find posts like this hilarious. You've been suckered completely by Nationalist spin. Westminster isn't denying Scotland anything.

Your position however is all about removing Scotland from it's current arrangements, which is a minority view. Yet you talk about democracy?

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They aren't proposing independence, and in the case of the Lib Dems don't expect to win a majority in Holyrood.

The costed policies of the SNP have been ripped apart in the past couple of weeks when questioned by Andrew Marr and Kate Garraway.  Here's details of the latter: https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/kate-garraway-nicola-sturgeon-clash-20514865

It is when you apply to join the EU.  Sturgeon has admitted it and blamed Brexit, but that is academic as she needs to deal with the current situation where Brexit has happened and borders exist outwith the EU.

Marr and Garraway! I couldn't care less what these puppets have to say. There are many EU countries bordering each other with no issues. Westminster wish to obstruct Scotland and why do they need us?

10 minutes ago, pablo said:

I find posts like this hilarious. You've been suckered completely by Nationalist spin. Westminster isn't denying Scotland anything.

Your position however is all about removing Scotland from it's current arrangements, which is a minority view. Yet you talk about democracy?

If he was honest he and his chums would admit the Scottish economy will shrink drastically under any kind of customs border and new currency. This is aside from an iScotland funding the current deficit, share of national debt, indy start up costs... Decades of misery or Brit propaganda per SNP.

Edited by JackLadd

Roxy Hearts
8 minutes ago, pablo said:

Nationalist spin! I wish my country to govern itself like any normal country. It's unionists that believe in spin and propaganda.

Nationalist spin! I wish my country to govern itself like any normal country. It's unionists that believe in spin and propaganda.

You are one deluded cat by the way. 

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

You are one deluded cat by the way. 

If wishing your country normality is delusional then I'd rather be in my position than yours! 

frankblack
11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Marr and Garraway! I couldn't care less what these puppets have to say. There are many EU countries bordering each other with no issues. Westminster wish to obstruct Scotland and why do they need us?

We are talking about non-EU countries bordering EU countries, which is a big difference according to the EU rules.

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We are talking about non-EU countries bordering EU countries, which is a big difference according to the EU rules.

Scotland wouldn't be in the EU. I was only mentioning borders as a general comment. If there were any changes then negotiations would be required. Laws and rules can change or be adapted. 

Why does Westminster need Scotland?

frankblack

Scotland wouldn't be in the EU. I was only mentioning borders as a general comment. If there were any changes then negotiations would be required. Laws and rules can change or be adapted. 

Initially that would be true, but as a condition for iScotland becoming a member it would need to create a hard border with England as per membership rules.

Why does Westminster need Scotland?

That isn't the question, as Scotland chose to remain in the union in 2014.

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Would like to see proof up to April this year and what his domicile status is. Not taking a tweet as evidence.  Likely he is not declaring all his earnings. 

*smoke pouring from tail*

Psychedelicropcircle

If living in central Edinburgh there’s a independent called bonnie Prince Bob, entertaining watch! Sadly can’t vote for him in Musselburgh 😤

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Kate Garroway :rofl:Did you hear  that muppet this morning. £40b she said. :rofl:More than the Scottish pocket money for the kiddie on Parliament, where shite bags send Lib dems and tories to piss on Scotland.

Thank feck we have the Saviours of Scotland who'll detox this country from yellow livered traitors, immediately. 

Edited by ri Alban

31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Initially that would be true, but as a condition for iScotland becoming a member it would need to create a hard border with England as per membership rules.

That isn't the question, as Scotland chose to remain in the union in 2014.

Well we're gonnae change our minds. 

What's the point in Scots fighting wars for the sake of democracy, when we don't have it here. Pointless. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Kate Garroway :rofl:Did you hear  that muppet this morning. £40b she said. :rofl:More than the Scottish pocket money for the kiddie on Parliament, where shite bags send Lib dems and tories to piss on Scotland.

Thank feck we have the Saviours of Scotland who'll detox this country from yellow livered traitors, immediately. 

I don't watch morning TV, but was her point not valid that the SNP haven't costed their spending plans considering we are going to have to cut costs in our pandemic recovery?

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Genuine question, and a straightforward answer without a barrage of emojis and buzzwords would be good. 
When you get all carried away and call non yes voters traitors, where does that place English people living in Scotland who are SNP voters who believe in Scottish independence? 

frankblack
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

What's the point in Scots fighting wars for the sake of democracy, when we don't have it here. Pointless. 

I think the question you need to ask yourself is actually do the SNP respect the democratic wishes of those who voted to remain in the UK and then voted for Brexit?

I'd actually welcome an Indie Referendum right now.  It would be a landslide "No" vote, as no educated person is going to want to end up in a basket case republic that isn't in the UK or the EU, has no declared currency or  central bank, and carries a massive deficit and inherited share of the UK national debt.

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Genuine question, and a straightforward answer without a barrage of emojis and buzzwords would be good. 
When you get all carried away and call non yes voters traitors, where does that place English people living in Scotland who are SNP voters who believe in Scottish independence? 

I actually unfriended one of those.  One of the most passionate SNP campaigners you will ever meet, without being on the fanatic side.

I got fed up of all the SNP marches and conference pictures littering my feed.

Edited by frankblack

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Death to the traitors 😀

frankblack
21 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Death to the traitors 😀

There is a Traitor's Gate at the Tower of London.   Perhaps something to reopen for aussie_h? 🤔

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

There is a Traitor's Gate at the Tower of London.   Perhaps something to reopen for aussie_h? 🤔

Once he's got bored of using traitors he will probably start about cleansing Scottish lands 😀

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Once he's got bored of using traitors he will probably start about cleansing Scottish lands 😀

He said something far worse with his previous account, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to repeat that.

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Jack. Stop. Please. I don’t think my sides can take much more of you making a tit of yourself on kickback🤣

There's a couple of headbangers on this thread higher up the list.

One makes a constant tit of himself 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He said something far worse with his previous account, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to repeat that.

I still cling to the hope that he is a unionist troll

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I don't think he's that unusual for a Separatist.  

bobby bombscare

I think a few more Lothian seats could go blue as a lot as they are just so fed up with SNP. The scary thing is, a lot of that area is mining towns.. the idea they would ever go blue again is just unthinkable! BUT they really seem fed up with SNP.

I personally think that every single party you can think of is only interested in lining their own pockets though. So the colour of the region makes no difference. Just another wallaper milking as much as they can while pretending to care. 

6 minutes ago, pablo said:

I don't think he's that unusual for a Separatist.  

Well in my experience there are two types in the independence movement.
The ones who believe in a separate Scotland as a newly independent forward thinking nation looking after itself. 

And the McGlashen types. 

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well in my experience there are two types in the independence movement.
The ones who believe in a separate Scotland as a newly independent forward thinking nation looking after itself. 

And the McGlashen types. 

In my experience, there's always an element of fact denying involved when it comes to Separatists, doesn't matter if it's the Scottish Government's own economic data or the Institute of Fiscal Studies. Even the milder ones believe in the conspiracy theories.

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

In my experience, there's always an element of fact denying involved when it comes to Separatists, doesn't matter if it's the Scottish Government's own economic data or the Institute of Fiscal Studies. Even the milder ones believe in the conspiracy theories.

There’s an element of fact denying from anyone who follows a particular political party or movement, no matter what that party or it’s policies are. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There’s an element of fact denying from anyone who follows a particular political party or movement, no matter what that party or it’s policies are. 

Of course, but to fully believe in the economic case for removing Scotland from the UK, you have to believe that our governments, both Scottish and UK are making up data to hide Scotland's true wealth and that bodies, such as the IFS are wrong. Mental