Scottish Parliament election in the Lothian region - what's going to happen?

Ulysses

Unknown user
Just now, JackLadd said:

Did you know Sturgeon awards herself a bigger salary than Boris?

Their wages are about the same, 500 quid in it IIRC. Of course, Sturgeon's family aren't multi millionaires and in the pocket of rich industrialists.

And of course, she doesn't set the wage. That would be ridiculous.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackLadd

• Ulysses

• Unknown user

• Roxy Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no

Interesting article in EEN

I hadn’t realised how tight the list was last time. 
In 2016 Labour was only 278 votes away from beating the Greens for the last of the region’s list seats, so if the party improved its showing this time it could win another.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-election-2021-who-will-win-the-battle-for-lothians-seven-regional-list-seats-3223716%3famp

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ve no doubt the tories are corrupt. I’m not fan of Dyson either. He’s based where he is purely for tax purposes but I do agree with him wanting tax exceptions for his workers coming to help here. Otherwise they probably wouldn’t have done it. 

Well at least you're moving away from the nasty claim that Robertson celebrates when old people die. 

These sorts of requests are made all the time, the problem is when it's done by private text, isn't recorded anywhere and takes a leak for it to be found out. It reeks of corruption, a situation the system isn't meant to allow, especially when the PM's brother was made director of a Dyson company a week later.

If you don't see anything wrong there I can't help you.

Unknown user
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Interesting article in EEN

I hadn’t realised how tight the list was last time. 
In 2016 Labour was only 278 votes away from beating the Greens for the last of the region’s list seats, so if the party improved its showing this time it could win another.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-election-2021-who-will-win-the-battle-for-lothians-seven-regional-list-seats-3223716%3famp

Polling suggests the Greens are doing pretty well

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The week after Dyson asks for his tax to get sorted out, Bojo's brother is suddenly made director of a Dyson Company

bojobro.thumb.jpg.3985259f6258dd60de1e7bdc46454009.jpg

There's your tories

What constituency is he standing in for the scottish election?

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Did you know Sturgeon awards herself a bigger salary than Boris?

I asked her about that but she couldn't remember 

Unknown user
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

What constituency is he standing in for the scottish election?

See, this is the unfortunate problem for your lot, corruption at Westminster is 100% relevant to Scottish politics and the Scottish parliamentary elections. 

Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well at least you're moving away from the nasty claim that Robertson celebrates when old people die. 

These sorts of requests are made all the time, the problem is when it's done by private text, isn't recorded anywhere and takes a leak for it to be found out. It reeks of corruption, a situation the system isn't meant to allow, especially when the PM's brother was made director of a Dyson company a week later.

If you don't see anything wrong there I can't help you.

It’s the game of politics. If a Tory MP/MSP had made that comment then everyone would have been up in arms. It was a crass thing to say by Angus.

I think it’s also very naive to think there isn’t corruption within Scottish politics. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Their wages are about the same, 500 quid in it IIRC. Of course, Sturgeon's family aren't multi millionaires and in the pocket of rich industrialists.

She gets £500 more for running a devolved tinpot assembly very very badly, thanks. Boris doesn't even get London rates while she's up here coining in the cash. His job is x10 hers.

Rich industrialists LOL. Is that all you have to defend the salaries and pensions SNP coin in for productions like the 'Hate Bill'. They are at it and you know it.

Do you recall your SNP in Westminster claimed they were donating their salary increases to charity. They donated it to the Eff All Fund. Mhairi Bleck did not give them one chip or kola kube. 

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

See, this is the unfortunate problem for your lot, corruption at Westminster is 100% relevant to Scottish politics and the Scottish parliamentary elections. 

Wrong thread son

Unknown user
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

She gets £500 more for running a devolved tinpot assembly very very badly, thanks. Boris doesn't even get London rates while she's up here coining in the cash. His job is x10 hers.

Rich industrialists LOL. Is that all you have to defend the salaries and pensions SNP coin in for productions like the 'Hate Bill'. They are at it and you know it.

Do you recall your SNP in Westminster claimed they were donating their salary increases to charity. They donated it to the Eff All Fund. Mhairi Bleck did not give them one chip or kola kube. 

You said she awards herself a higher wage than Boris. 

She doesn't set the wages, their wages are within 1% of each other.

Boris is a multi millionaire, on the westminster gravy train, getting his siblings government positions and paid directorships. Nicola is upper middle class.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Wrong thread son

I'm sure the mods will intervene if there's a problem

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I asked her about that but she couldn't remember 

Yup. She gets paid more than Boris but can't remember a bombshell meeting to discuss Salmond's sexual abuse allegations. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You said she awards herself a higher wage than Boris. 

She doesn't set the wages, their wages are within 1% of each other.

Nicola is upper middle class.

Correct again she gets more salary for her wee devolved assembly FM job.

Upper middle class, LOL. Nobody upper middle class votes for her unless they are brain damaged. 

Jamhammer
On 03/05/2021 at 15:26, Tazio said:

West Edinburgh is a bizarre little Lib Dem pocket of support for whatever reason. 

He’s quite a busy bunny Cole-Hamilton. Knocks on a lot of doors. Very visible on social media chirping about local stuff.

Some folk like that.

Not me. Plaid Cymru all the way 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿😀

hughesie27

Don't SNP MPs sacrifice their wage rise they were awarded a few years ago to charity?

10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't SNP MPs sacrifice their wage rise they were awarded a few years ago to charity?

They claimed they were all going to but didn't. Just another wee lie on their pants bonfire. 

hughesie27
39 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

They claimed they were all going to but didn't. Just another wee lie on their pants bonfire. 

Any evidence for that.

indianajones
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Good response to an original terrible post. 

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I reckon if Rolf Harris stood for the SNP he would get a decent number of votes. Their desire for hatred, separation and anglaphobia overrides any moral compass they might have. 

You are ridiculous this is just an attempt at getting bites and the inclusion of Rolf Harris is disgraceful.

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You are ridiculous this is just an attempt at getting bites and the inclusion of Rolf Harris is disgraceful.

Nom nom nom

The Old Tolbooth

I'm just hoping that we kick as many Yoons out of list seats as possible tomorrow, the less of that lot in Scottish Parliament, the better! 

Des Lynam
18 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Any evidence for that.

It’s been reported that 15 out of the 56 sacrificed their wage increase to charity. 

Seymour M Hersh

I see in a blind test carried out by one of the survey companies the Conservative manifesto for the Scottish Parliament was favoured by voters. :levein_interesting:

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm just hoping that we kick as many Yoons out of list seats as possible tomorrow, the less of that lot in Scottish Parliament, the better! 

Ah the "inclusive" SNP! :rofl:

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Not exactly an ringing endorsement of the public's opinion of the individuals in the C&U party then😀

On a serious note, surely anyone with the slightest interest in politics would spot which manifesto belonged to which party easily?

No idea what you're getting at there BB but the main parties manifestos were put up against each other 21% preferred the Conservative one to the 15%SNP and 13% for Labour. 

Ainsley Harriott
20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Ah the "inclusive" SNP! :rofl:

All hail Supreme Leader Sturgeon 

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Grass

Nom nom nom... 

Wouldn't wast the effort reporting anyone least of all a poor troll such as yourself :)

Der Kaiser

If my Dad votes Tory again I'm egging his house.

If any of you vote Tory I'm replacing the eggs with water balloons filled with my own urine and faeces.

I genuinely don't know why they bother in Scotland. It's like asking a kleptomaniac to house sit for you.

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

If my Dad votes Tory again I'm egging his house.

If any of you vote Tory I'm replacing the eggs with water balloons filled with my own urine and faeces.

I genuinely don't know why they bother in Scotland. It's like asking a kleptomaniac to house sit for you.

On the gin early today?

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Any evidence for that.

Google is your friend. Find me one charity any of the current 44(2) or the 4 that were booted including Angus Gob and Albaman gave to.  Albaman was drawing two salaries and claimed he was going to give away one of the pensions to charity. So he kept all the cash for two salaries but will set up something to donate one of the pensions to charity. We can trust Albaman on this of course.  A man of integrity. 

Edited by JackLadd

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Yup. She gets paid more than Boris but can't remember a bombshell meeting to discuss Salmond's sexual abuse allegations. 

She takes the country for mugs and the krankies lap it up .

44 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

But but... four day week, free laptop and breakfast.. ketchup oan ma bacon likesay!

Der Kaiser
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

On the gin early today?

Just coffee.....although its Peruvian so quite strong.

Swahili Jambo
48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Krankies, ****in grow up and deal with the pain.  It's only going to get worse for you in the next couple of days.   Absolute SHOE IN MAJORITY for the SNP.  

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Swahili Jambo said:

Krankies, ****in grow up and deal with the pain.  It's only going to get worse for you in the next couple of days.   Absolute SHOE IN MAJORITY for the SNP.  

Pain :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Swahili Jambo said:

The pain will be much worse for YOU if the lunatics succeed in pulling us out of the UK. If you had a shred of comprehension beyond their BS you'd know that.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Just coffee.....although its Peruvian so quite strong.

:lol:

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Swahili Jambo said:

The poster you quoted has previous for complaining about name calling too...Obviously has a case of the do as I says...

Mars plastic
6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Ooh, slap down administered by the Ladd fellie.

Mars plastic
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The krankies :lol:

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

It was just a joke, a pretty crap one admittedly, along the lines of if their policies are the most popular then the reason they're miles away from being voted in must be down to their politicians, that's all. 

I'm peacing out on these threads, we all just go round in circles and Scotland will always get the government it votes for:peace: 

Wasn't that bad a joke just not clear enough for me to twig. :lol:

hughesie27
3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Google is your friend. Find me one charity any of the current 44(2) or the 4 that were booted including Angus Gob and Albaman gave to.  Albaman was drawing two salaries and claimed he was going to give away one of the pensions to charity. So he kept all the cash for two salaries but will set up something to donate one of the pensions to charity. We can trust Albaman on this of course.  A man of integrity. 

So you can't provide me with any proof it never happened. Cool.

Nucky Thompson
17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

So you can't provide me with any proof it never happened. Cool.

Equally. Can you provide the proof that it did happen? Cheers

hughesie27
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Edited by hughesie27

hughesie27
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've never claimed that it did happen. I asked if it had, got told no they lied. Upon seeking for any sort if evidence of this I got told to Google it.

I did Google it, can't see anything that suggests it never happened. Happy to be pointed in the right direction.