Good riddance to the blue kit

kingantti1874

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

When they revealed the away kit the background was blue and black not blue and white. It seemed as if it was very rushed and it was supposed to blue and black. The maroon shorts don't go at all. 

Hoping for an inter style top for next season. That or black with a better collar. 

inter will be the FOH kit 😉

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• kingantti1874

• Bull's-eye

• Greedy Jambo

13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

When they revealed the away kit the background was blue and black not blue and white. It seemed as if it was very rushed and it was supposed to blue and black. The maroon shorts don't go at all. 

Hoping for an inter style top for next season. That or black with a better collar. 

Yeah I noted that at the time, disappointing as the blue and black is great combo. 

id actually like the Ajax style again, but in blue and black as the away. 

Tasavallan
11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

fair play 😂👍🏻 Each to their own.  Some folk even liked that rose berry number 

I loved the Roseberry.  Hate the blue, only short sleeves and does not go with the semmit.

Midloth_Iain
13 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not a fan.
White or silver away kit please.

Totally .....

This seasons makes it into the TOP 5 of the WORST away kits in the last 30 years

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Put a Hearts badge on it, and I'm fine. 

Brought the badge out well

20210501_105702.jpg

I'm very much in the white top, maroon shorts, white socks camp for the away kit.

I despise the constant changing for no reason other than to sell overpriced clothing. The home/away colours should be a constant and the third strip can be the marketing team's toy.

SomethingAboutObua

I like different away kits but this blue and maroon combination is hideous tbh. Hopefully do something interesting with the next one. Inter kit, grey and white or white with maroon pinstripes I'm hoping for.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Said this on another thread but would love a maroon version of this.

Looks like the sort of coloured sash that schoolkids wear (or used to wear) to distinguish the two sides.

Of course I hate the blue monstrosity. In fact most if not all Hearts strips that aren't maroon top white shorts and white socks, inverted for the second strip. 

I am not entirely convinced on the marketing value either. Kids (including adult kids who view a football top as a fashion item) want the latest version however subtle the yearly variation.

I have a particular dislike of Hearts strips that mimic those of other football clubs, like Ajax or Inter Milan. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Looks like the sort of coloured sash that schoolkids wear (or used to wear) to distinguish the two sides.

Of course I hate the blue monstrosity. In fact most if not all Hearts strips that aren't maroon top white shorts and white socks, inverted for the second strip. 

I am not entirely convinced on the marketing value either. Kids (including adult kids who view a football top as a fashion item) want the latest version however subtle the yearly variation.

I have a particular dislike of Hearts strips that mimic those of other football clubs, like Ajax or Inter Milan. 

Was bibs in my day. That or the shirt inside out.

I just like it as find quite a definitive/dramatic statement on a shirt.

Not unique to one club either with Peru, River Plate, Clydebank.

I like reverse strips with predominantly white top and maroon shorts but find boring if just white with a bit of maroon trim; this way we can have broadly that but something a bit more interesting.

I agree on slavish copy of other clubs but this would be a nod to another strip but still very Hearts.

I don't come to these important decisions lightly you know.

18 hours ago, frankblack said:

At least its not that canary yellow from Dens in that Mo Berthe game.... 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Pretty sure we wore white in the Mo Berthe game.

Canary yellow "custard tarts" game at Dundee saw a Mo Johnston brace.

IIRC.

frankblack
Just now, Boris said:

IIRC.

Its a long time ago, but I think the strip went with that game as it seemed to stick in my memory.  Could be proved wrong of course.

The game was a shocker.

21 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

To this disgusting shitey turquoise kit

Yip!

Horrible.

More green than blue.

White or white with candy stripes. End off!

9 hours ago, kila said:

I'm very much in the white top, maroon shorts, white socks camp for the away kit.

I despise the constant changing for no reason other than to sell overpriced clothing. The home/away colours should be a constant and the third strip can be the marketing team's toy.

I like this too. 

I'm  maybe in the minority, but I do like full maroon. Think it looks better for some reason, would like to see it trialled for a season. 

As far as away kits go, would prefer if 99% of the time its white with the odd weird one every now and then to freshen things up. Roseberry was bogging, but it was still better than this seasons 'effort'. Don't think we made enough use of the black kit either - Did we even wear it 3 times?

Portable Badger
13 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I loved the Roseberry.  Hate the blue, only short sleeves and does not go with the semmit.

FFS - are you implying your semmit matches the Rosebery strip ????   Have you thought about washing it ??

😜

gregzy2k7
13 hours ago, Costanza said:

Said this on another thread but would love a maroon version of this.

peru-2018-kit+%283%29.jpg

That would look class.

ford donald
On 30/04/2021 at 22:10, Barack said:

Have we won in the black kit yet...?🤔😬

Horrendous colour for a football shirt.

dannymack

Hearts away kits of the 90's with maroon shorts preferably are good examples of how to keep it simple.

nintchdbpict000000162224.jpg

craig levein 1.jpg

FB_IMG_1475014607362.jpg

circa 1986 Scottish Football Neil Berry Hearts.jpeg

0_GL570924.jpg

TSEPLBTUHRT_p_700x875_crop_center.thumb.jpg.ebe6968ab3243830ca0a6344a7eef8d6.jpg

🤪

Or how about this migraine inducing Accra Hearts of Oak effort.

hearts-of-oak-19-20-home-away-kits-3.thumb.jpg.e8f3fc3d1bc67f00396149b288a4359e.jpg

Stands would be full of punters with numbness, neon zigzag lines and headaches.

There's certain clubs/teams who should never be made to wear away/alternate kits:

Hearts, Brazil, Liverpool, Juve, Barca, Real...

The 1977-82 inverted white shirt and 1983-86 silver are the only two I've ever loved.

Never liked the Inter shirt.

Weakened Offender
On 30/04/2021 at 22:32, neilnunb said:

Pretty much meh.

That yellow and pink monstrosity will take some beating.

Agreed. A total embarrassment. 

Would like white and silver like a few folk have suggested above. Something like the allsports one of the early 2000's would be good.

Should be reduced in price soon. Noticed the third kit still full price for adult but reduced for kids

Tommy Brown
On 01/05/2021 at 15:58, Boris said:

IIRC.

Correct

dannymack
7 hours ago, martoon said:

There's certain clubs/teams who should never be made to wear away/alternate kits:

Hearts, Brazil, Liverpool, Juve, Barca, Real...

The 1977-82 inverted white shirt and 1983-86 silver are the only two I've ever loved.

Never liked the Inter shirt.

Over hyped and hardly used, still a decent kit but the blue wasn't the right shade for me, similar to the current away/training kit blue.

john-colquhoun-heart-of-midlothian-fc-04-august-1993-HN632M.jpg

FB_IMG_1587109626611.jpg

Screenshot_20200120_103626.jpg

Wish they’d just give us a silver away top and be done with it!😁

I really think you could give the 80s version a cracking modern update. No Grandad collars etc....

A nice distinguished collar from the strip colour.  Maybe a 1998 maroon/white job with the silver top . I know we did some hybrid nod collar in recent times?

I quite like the neat and tidy collar size on the 17/18 top. Plain maroon shorts with just the Umbro logo in white and a no badge.  Maybe some hidden motif to authenticate them.

White socks with the classic continuous Umbro logo in silver around the turnovers.   

41 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Over hyped and hardly used, still a decent kit but the blue wasn't the right shade for me, similar to the current away/training kit blue.

FB_IMG_1587109626611.jpg

Loved the ASICS strip home and away

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Been staring for ages, but still can't see Larry Kingston's face pop out in its 3D glory.

😁

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1587109626611.jpg

Just couldn't take to it.

A minority opinion as mates at the time all bought it and it still seems to be much loved.

1 hour ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1587109626611.jpg

Beautiful kit. 

Agentjambo

Any of our dab hands at photoshop want to colour this in blue/black stripes?? Like the ASICS one...

731C866A-4BC3-45BB-B383-04B0D367D709.jpeg

Edited by Agentjambo

colinmaroon
On 30/04/2021 at 20:56, kingantti1874 said:

To this disgusting shitey turquoise kit

Amen to that!

Absolutely disgusted with it aesthetically and impossible to separate with most of our away form.

Candy stripe, white with maroon please .

17 hours ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1587109626611.jpg

Sorry but any shade of blue is just not right on a Hearts strip!

Maroon and white only.

queensferryjambo
On 01/05/2021 at 16:00, frankblack said:

Its a long time ago, but I think the strip went with that game as it seemed to stick in my memory.  Could be proved wrong of course.

The game was a shocker.

The canary yellow 'classic' was worn season 93/94 twice. We got beat the first game at Dens and won the second game.

Mo Berthe was much later. 

image.png.20429576d2fdd3d204738fd106725573.png

Hearts: The curious similarities between class of 98/99 and present day  after 27 matches - featuring Mo Berthe, Colin Cameron and great escape |  Edinburgh News

dannymack
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry but any shade of blue is just not right on a Hearts strip!

Maroon and white only.

Agreed although Hearts wore blue when we won the Scottish Cup back in the early days. 

This strip just oozing pure class and is the real image of HMFC as well as the reverse home kit. It is also a reminder of the day the monkey got off our back on the glorious day in 98! ❤️

For an old codger like me it should be in the club constitution that this must be worn by the team as our permanent away strip 😊

The club can produce as many fancy leisure tops it wants for you young fellas to wear to the gym or stage weekends! 👍

1DA634AF-B504-4011-905C-EABF4517AC48.jpeg

On 01/05/2021 at 18:03, MCW1976 said:

Yip!

Horrible.

More green than blue.

White or white with candy stripes. End off!

Are you colour blind?

PhoenixHearts

Not the worst away kit we've had... Definitely doesn't deserve it's own thread. 

First two adidas away kits we had were brutal teamwear crap. 

Samuel Camazzola
20 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

The canary yellow 'classic' was worn season 93/94 twice. We got beat the first game at Dens and won the second game.

Mo Berthe was much later. 

image.png.20429576d2fdd3d204738fd106725573.png

Hearts: The curious similarities between class of 98/99 and present day  after 27 matches - featuring Mo Berthe, Colin Cameron and great escape |  Edinburgh News

Was the 97/98 and 98/99 away the same design but with the Olympic Sportswear logo changed? 

Hectormasson
On 01/05/2021 at 06:51, kingantti1874 said:

inter will be the FOH kit 😉

Class shirt 👌

Pasquale for King

Just thought I would mention that we’ve kept away strips as third kits twice in recent times (the navy blue and the black one), I hope that’s not the case for all those that hate this strip 😆

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Was the 97/98 and 98/99 away the same design but with the Olympic Sportswear logo changed? 

Almost the same, the Olympic logo changed as you say but the club badge was also changed.

A lot of fans are still unhappy about the badge change to this day.

Sleeve badges and numbers / names and numbers also changed. 

Here are a couple of players shirts from those seasons, the club shop ones didn't have embroidered badges but you get the idea.

No photo description available.

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Correct

Samuel Camazzola
45 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Almost the same, the Olympic logo changed as you say but the club badge was also changed.

Sleeve badges and numbers / names and numbers also changed. 

Here are a couple of players shirts from those seasons, the club shop ones didn't have embroidered badges but you get the idea.

👍 

The maroon lettering and numbering is something which has been missed for several years. I'm not sure if it's the league who decided to have them in limited colours or if the club have just been lazy. 

queensferryjambo
22 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

👍

The maroon lettering and numbering is something which has been missed for several years. I'm not sure if it's the league who decided to have them in limited colours or if the club have just been lazy. 

Yes it is odd. The first season of the SPL in 1998/99 all the clubs seemed to just pick their own name sets. Most teams were different to each other.

The season after they all had to wear generic Sporting ID SPL league name sets.

Believe it or not there are a lot of criteria laid down to the clubs about how their kit should be worn, names numbers, size positioning, what strips can and can't have etc

Every season UEFA publish a book of regulations for kits - it generally runs to about 70 pages. It is all bogged down with sponsor stuff, league licensing etc

I am sure Hearts could get maroon coloured SPFL name sets easily as Motherwell have had them, although not sure if they get made as a custom set and cost more. 

Pasquale for King

My biggest complaint about the colour of the away strip was that it was too much like the GK strip, you could also say it about all the training gear in that blue.
I think we missed a trick not selling the Orange GK kit in adult sizes that our best player wore.