DETTY29

Diadora Van Basten

Glad others have singled out Curry the penalty he gave away at the driving maul was probably worse than Williams mistakes but has been airbrushed by the media.

The English front three gave away two vital penalties at the scrum on Lions own ball.

The Welsh players in general were so mediocre. I think the Irish team in the six nations were far superior especially in the lion out. 

I also thought it was noticeable that the outstanding player on the pitch was the smallest player. The small Irish winger had a great six nations but wasn’t included in the tour party.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• Mikey1874

• I P Knightley

• Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

He was no worse in the third test than he had been in the first two. We could all see it coming; giving up the penalty for what should have been a maul try and a handful more giving scoring opportunities. 

He and Williams were the two onfield who did the most damage to the Lions' chances but Gatland has to carry the can for selection and tactics. 

Totally agree. I meant he was rank for the whole series. Tagh Beirne and Mish can feel extremely hard done by. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Glad others have singled out Curry the penalty he gave away at the driving maul was probably worse than Williams mistakes but has been airbrushed by the media.

The English front three gave away two vital penalties at the scrum on Lions own ball.

The Welsh players in general were so mediocre. I think the Irish team in the six nations were far superior especially in the lion out. 

I also thought it was noticeable that the outstanding player on the pitch was the smallest player. The small Irish winger had a great six nations but wasn’t included in the tour party.

Henderson ought to have been playing instead of Jones. Lions were shaky in the lineout and Henderson, as you say, was a beast in the 6N. I've no objection to Adams being given a run out in Watson's place but the media hype about him being the tour's highest try scorer was ignorant. The selection of Williams stocks in the throat. The other two Welshies in the starting XV were fine. 

On 07/08/2021 at 20:39, willie wallace said:

They have not played in a competitive game for 18 months,a game in which they took 30 points off England and won the world cup..

They go one down in the series but still win it and scoring as many tries

as the Lions.Not a lot but enough

No fans there to support them. 

A win is a win.I think they will be pretty happy.

They can't really use 18 months as an excuse, the Lions haven't played for 4 years and like the doctor, have different faces. Well most of the them.

Garland's a hamshank . Can the Lions now not get rid of him? Don't tell me he still has another tour. :(

Hamish Watson must be gutted being treated the way he has. Best player in his position on the top side of the planet and sidelined for that useless *****.

Russell played great, shut me right up.

Edited by ri Alban

Malinga the Swinga

Gatland being found out in New Zealand as extremely limited coach. He'll want gig in Australia as that will be the only one he will get, as his reputation starts to sink.

No way do we want that man near the Lions again.

I reckon O'Gara will lead them as he is doing fine job in France.